Bees Get Buzzed for Alcohol Research.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Anything with "Bee" in the headline we have to read.

For those new people reading, our group was nicknamed "The Bees" by another group hell bent on destroying an innocent man and his family. All Ramsey related. Read about it here.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3561

We embrace the "Bee" title and so we love any story on "Bees."

Just for fun, what happens to worker Bees when they get drunk..:)

Drunken Bees Create Buzz on Drunken Humans
    Tipsy Bees Offer New Clues on the Effects of Alcohol in Humans

By Jennifer Warner

Oct. 25, 2004 -- Drunken worker bees may not produce much honey, but their behavior under the influence may help researchers understand the effects of alcohol in humans, according to new research.

Researchers found alcohol affects bees and humans in similar ways by impairing their movement and stalling their learning and memory processing, and these effects intensify according to how much alcohol they imbibe and the time since ingestion.

The study showed that honey bees that were fed the human equivalent of 200-proof grain alcohol spent most of the next 40 minutes on their backs, unable to stand. But bees who drank the human equivalent of wine spent the least amount of time of their backs, and the effects of the alcohol took about 20 minutes to sink in.

The researchers presented their findings this week at the annual Society for Neuroscience conference in San Diego.
    *snip*
    http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/95/103509.htm?GT1=5472

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Honey, it must be true. If I drank 200-proof grain alcohol, this bee would spend more than the next 40 minutes on her back, passed out.

Furthermore, if this bee drinks wine, it immediately goes to her head - it doesn't take 20 minutes. Ha!.

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

What did the researching expect? The bees to become more alert, steadier?

Or did the bees get sooo smashed they trashed the hive, got into a fight with the wasps next door and ones on their backs were humming(they don't know the words) to auld lane sine?

Okay I'll beehave now.

I don't miss the old flame forum.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Sheesh! I hope our tax dollars didn't go to fund this ridiculous "research." Of COURSE alcohol affects bees the same way as humans. It's a central nervous system depressant, and bees have a nervous system ... especially when you get too close to their hives!

And just who is the genius that decided to feed 200-proof grain alcohol to bees? I'm surprised the wee things still had a heartbeat. That would knock most humans out, much less a little bee. I consider this "bee abuse," and am appalled at the bee-havior of the "researchers."

I bee-lieve someone should sue on the bee-half of honey bees everywhere, including the ones residing at this forum. Of course, from what I've heard, a few of the bees here would gladly volunteer for this kind of research! :)

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'm sloppy drunk right now.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'll volunteer for the wine thing.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

You drinking or pouring JC?

:glug:

8. Quinn

Quinn Member

I'll pour for you and JC, and help drink.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

WHAT ABOUT ME?!!!!!

Apparently I'll have to pour my own. It's hard to imagine being less popular.

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'll volunteer for either or both, Moab --

I'll pour for you, BobC. While I'm doing that, would you please tell me the title of the book you recommended. Was it An American Dilemna?

11. Watching You

Heh, I'll volunteer VP and Sparky. And Moab. And Tricia. And BobC. And Driver. And Quinn. And JC. And Lurker. And Freebird.

Yeehaw. I'll pour. I"m not a good drunk.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

What makes a "good" drunk WY?

13. Watching You

Someone who doesn't throw up after the second drink?

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I'm not a good drunk either, 2 drinks and I'm a s!ut wannabe. lol

15. Quinn

Quinn Member

SORRY IF I MISSED A COUPLE OF BEES...........NOT INTENSIONAL :bowdown:

16. Tez

Tez Member

After one I'm like that Free! LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice