John Ramsey's mistress

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Last night, I was leafing through ST's book looking for a reference about the pineapple (Toth & friends are currently arguing over at courttv that it wasn't definitely pineapple in JBR's digestive system and that the coroner lost the specimen and it was never tested!).

Anyway, I came across something interesting about John's mistress aka Jodi Roberts.

Steve Thomas wrote that they'd been going to visit Ms Roberts to interview her when they were prevented from doing so for budgetary reasons. They were told to make a phone call instead.

He then added that it was to be another year before officers flew to Atlanta to speak with her.

??????

He didn't then elaborate on what came out of the discussions with Ms Roberts which I thought was a bit odd. Also, that they flew to Atlanta to meet with her AFTER interviewing her by telephone. What necessitated that trip? Didn't they get all they needed from the phone call? Why the expensive trip as well? And why hasn't Thomas given any details about what emerged from the interview?

It's not as though he was reticent about discussing other aspects of the case.

Did something come out of those interviews that has never been leaked?

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Jayelles

Can you contact Miss Roberts personally and ask her?

That's probably the only way you'll find out.

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

This is too ironic...

Two days ago I was thinking about the story John told about visiting this woman, only he didn't go knock on her door. He actually admitted to driving near her home and sitting there a while and watching, I can't remember what his excuse was, but it was lame. I totally thought he was making an excuse for activity that he figured the police saw, since this womans name came up.

For some reason I think I read this in one of John's interviews at ACR recently, it totally seemed to me like he was admitting to stalking her because he thought the police saw him; I think this was his first hint that the police even knew she existed and it scared him. I'll go look for the transcript.

4. Jayelles

I was wondering if police travelled to Atlanta in order to speak to Ms Roberts about her relationship with John Ramsey ... or to speak to her about the incident of John Ramsey tracking her down and sitting outside her house in his car one year after the murder.

This was in June 1998.

I wonder if John tracked the ex-mistress before or after the police travelled to Atlanta to interview her?

Unfortunately, Kane didn't ask John Ramsey if he had spoken to the woman.

5. Tez

Tez Member

I really like how John says he lived "Fatal Attraction" and wouldn't go see the movie because it reminded him of the affair. Now, wasn't this person the one that Patsy sent away from John's apartment in Atlanta when they were dating? This is also the woman that Patsy denied knowing broke up John's marriage, right?

I would tend to think that John probably stalked her while they were together and possibly after. I also think he probably hunted her down in Atlanta or wherever she lived and told her not to say anything about their affair. :yow:

6. Little

Little Member

I remember reading that JustinCase. What struck me as extremely odd was John's lack of initiative, if he in fact thought this woman was worth questioning, in telling the police about her. It's akin, IMO, to Patsy not asking Prisiclla White what she meant when she told Patsy she knew what was going on (or something like that) while they were all in Atlanta for JonBenet's funeral. For two people who claim to be innocent, and want to seek the truth, they sure as heck don't ask any questions, do they?

Little

7. Elle

Elle Member

Tez, Yes, you're right! It was Jodie Roberts. It would take some time to research this one again, but I remember this because we posted for some time on this one subject elsewhere. I will confirm it if I fall over it again.

It sure took John Ramsey a long time (2 years) to decide Jodie Roberts came up to par with Glen Close, the actress in Fatal Attraction. What a ridiculous statement to make for a man who excelled in business decisions.

When it came to sex, it must have erased his memory from each week to the next, lasting all of two years; meanwhile I take it, he was having a good time not remembering who he was; then he hides behind a door while his new girlfriend Patsy Ramsey confronts her. What a wimp! Tells you something about this man. I would say Patsy was in control from day one.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Little,

We never found out what it was that Fleet and Priscilla were supposed to know, but maybe this helped the friendship to disintegrate, whatever it was (?).

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I wonder how much child support he had to pay. I'll bet that took a chunk out of his income. And he was putting his older son through college.

I had forgotten about the mistress/affair thing. So he's cruising her house after JBR's death?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  10. Elle

Elle Member

This is the way I remember it too, Jay. Nothing much came from this visit to Jodi Roberts as far as I can remember. I have the paperback of Steve Thomas' book. I did order a used hardback from Amazon, and it went astray in the mail, so I'll have to order another one. The PB isn't so easy to research. I would like to know what happened with the Jodi Roberts interview. Let's hope we can still find something else.

Looks like John Ramsey was having a good time to himself while still married to Lucinda. Of course she never said one word against him.

11. Jayelles

We don't know anythng about the Jodi Roberts interviews or about John's little visit to her after JonBenet's death. The book only states that she was interviewed - seemingly by telephone and then many months later when the police travelled to Atlanta to interview her in person.

My point is... WHY did they follow up the telephone interview? If she had nothing to say on the telephone, would they have laid out the expense of sending a couple of detectives to Atlanta?

Regarding John's little visit to her ... in the first place, one has to wonder at him sniffing out an old mistress - especially one that he described as "Fatal Attraction". However, we don't know if he spoke to her because the discussion veered off.

I'd be interested to hear Ms Roberts' account of what happened.

12. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

It may have been an opportunity to pick up some samples of John's historical handwriting in the form of love letters to the mistress. The Ramseys' own investigators traveled to West Virginia to pick up greeting cards and letters from Patsy's old debate coach Linda McLean, leading me to consider the theory that there were simply not very many such samples available in the house or among the Boulder acquaintances, and so both Boulder and private investigators were forced to rummage for what they could find from people in other states.

13. Elle

Elle Member

<!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->​

Why_Nut, Jayelles

This makes perfect sense WN. Either that, or he offered her money to keep her quiet. I remember Steve Thomas being confronted with a large circle of silent friends in Atlanta.

[ quote] <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>November 9, 2004, 10:32 pm Tue Nov 9 22:32:33 CST 2004</TD></TR><TR title="Post 74116" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Jayelles</TD><TD class=alt2>I was wondering if police travelled to Atlanta in order to speak to Ms Roberts about her relationship with John Ramsey ... or to speak to her about the incident of John Ramsey tracking her down and sitting outside her house in his car one year after the murder.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">JR: ... Unfortunately, I had an affair 20 something years ago and I was trying to figure out where this person was and I looked in the phone book and I found the addresses of - there are several with her name and I wanted it to seem logical. She used to live in the (Atlanta) area, (and I) went to an apartment complex and sat there for a while, to see if I could see her come and go.

MK: When was that?

JR: Oh, I don't know, six months ago, something like that.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This was in June 1998.

I wonder if John tracked the ex-mistress before or after the police travelled to Atlanta to interview her?

Unfortunately, Kane didn't ask John Ramsey if he had spoken to the woman.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I just can't understand why Michael Kane didn't pursue this incident with John Ramsey, when he stated to the police he had sat in his car waiting to see if he could spot Jodi Roberts, just about six months ago, from his actual interview.

I would have taken this as a red flag waving, wouldn't you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice