Melodie and Luther Stanton...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Nov 17, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Melodie Stanton said she heard a childs scream not long after falling asleep on Christmas night, and this is what woke her up and caused her to rouse her husband, Luther Stanton, who said that not long after his wife woke him up he heard the sound of "metal hitting concrete."

What's suspicious??

Melodie has made her original statement about a childs scream seem suspicious by saying stuff like "It may have not been an audible scream but rather the negative energy radiating from JonBenet." So why did she wake up her husband that night? Has he since recanted his statement too? If they both said they heard something and then one story changed that actually alters the next story, doesn't this indicate deception??

Reluctant at first, about a childs murder??
    Their accounts were actually to the BPD investigators on their second trip to the Stanton's residence at 738 15th Street. The first time the police asked if they'd heard or saw anything on 12/26 Melodie said she didn't and even admitted on the second visit that she 'didn't want to get involved in the case.'

From the Rocky Mountain News Article entitled "Clues in the case."
    Smit's argument: A scream reported by a neighbor could have come from the basement without the parents' hearing it. <o:p></o:p> "Terrifying" scream: Neighbor Melody Stanton, who lives across the street from the Ramseys, about 150 feet to the south, reported hearing "the most terrifying child's scream I have ever heard" between <st1:time hour="0" minute="0">midnight</st1:time> and <st1:time hour="2" minute="0">2 a.m.</st1:time><o:p></o:p> She slept with her window partially open.

Concrete on steel: <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city> woke her husband at the sound of the scream. He has reported hearing the sound of steel hit concrete shortly afterward. This could be the sound of the metal grate hitting the cement window well -- perhaps a sound created when an intruder fled through the basement window.

<o:p></o:p>Response: Thomas said a scream is audible from the Ramsey bedroom. <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city> originally said she didn't hear anything. Later, she told police she hadn't been truthful because she didn't want to get involved. In one instance, <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city> said the scream might have been "negative energy" from JonBenet. But a detective eliminated that from a report because <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city>
    insisted the scream was audible and never returned to the "negative energy" statement.

From Steve Thomas’ book:
    "In a few days another neighbor, Melody Stanton, who lived at <st1:street><st1:address>738 Fifteenth Street</st1:address></st1:street>, diagonally across from the Ramsey home, also changed her original story, which was that she had not noticed anything unusual on the night JonBenét died. When a detective interviewed her a second time, <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city> admitted that she had not told the truth earlier because she did not want to be involved in the case. She now claimed to have heard the piercing scream of a child between <st1:time hour="0" minute="0">midnight</st1:time> and <st1:time hour="14" minute="0">two o'clock</st1:time> on the morning of December 26. Her story, which seemed a clear piece of evidence, contained the seeds of it’s own destruction, however. More than a year later we would discover that <st1:city><st1:place>Stanton</st1:place></st1:city> also told the detective, "It may have not been an audible scream but rather the negative energy radiating from JonBenet".

Why do the Stanton's want people to think they moved away from Boulder??

"Stanton, who has since moved out of <st1:city><st1:place>Boulder</st1:place></st1:city>, lived across the street from the Ramseys and told police she heard a child's scream not long after falling asleep Christmas night."
    http://.denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0922jury1.shtml

The Stanton's purchased #41 Betasso Rd (in Boulder) on December 16, 1997 for $383,600

738 15th St. was purchased by the Stantons on November 18, 1991 (around the time the Ramsey's moved into 755) and they sold the house May 21, 1998 for an unknown amount. It's current market value is $662,700.

Boulder County Assessor
    Search by street name by typing "15th" or "Betasso" do not include "St." or "Dr."

<st1:date year="1998" day="21" month="5">[font=&quot]
    </st1:date>

[/font]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  2. Little

Little Member

Great post JustinCase. It was a few days before the Stantons were initially interviewed wasn't it? I will look for that information, but this is what I could find on a quick files search. It's almost the same as your information.

3. Elle

Elle Member

How on earth can any detective take anyone seriously who changes their
    testimony from hearing a scream to stating, it may be negative energy? Very few in my own personal opinion.

From what I have read, Melodie Stanton was left alone after this statement, and quite rightly so. Too much time was wasted on her, but unfortunately her scream statement was milked by Lou Smit.

4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Little,
    Was it a couple days before they were interviewed? It wouldn't surprise me, but it sure would cause me to think that it's even more possible that the Stanton's were influenced to say what they said.

I'd just love to know the date for Melodies first statement! if they lived that close to the R's they would have seen all of the commotion, there's no way she can use the excuse that she didn't want to get involved in the case; a child was murdered for goodness sake.

Elle,
    I agree that they wasted time on the Stantons, it's too bad they didn't know then what we all know now about the people living in the immediate area surrounding the Ramseys; had they, the BPD probably would've been a little more cautious about interviewing people that were possibly very good friends of the Ramseys.

The Stantons are about the same age as John and Patsy and Luther works for a place called IntelliNet Corporation which was founded in 1996. (I think) they supply network support and services to fortune 1000 companies.

5. Little

Little Member

I’m still going to look to see if I remembered correctly though about the time lapse. It may be that an officer spoke to her that morning, but did not get back to her, or something like that. I just can’t remember right now.

Little

6. Elle

Elle Member

JIC ...page 76 Paperback "Perfect Murder Perfect Town" Melody Stanton told the police on January 3rd that she was certain she had heard a child's scream.

Other neighbours mentioned ...page 76:

Scott Gibbons looks out his kitchen window at midnight and sees a light
    on in the kitchen area. Adam Fermeire sometime later looks out, and doesn't notice anything strange across at the Ramsey's place.

Dianne Brumfitt talked to Detective Hartkopp on 31 Dec, that she didn't see a light on at the Southeast corner of the Ramsey home, though there had been a safety light on that spot for years. She thought that was unusual.

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Little, let me know what you find out, I wonder whether they were actually there the 26th asking questions or if it was a few days later, thanks to Elle we now know that Melody told the police about the scream on Jan.3/97 so sometime before that she told police she didn't know anything. Does she think she lives in a ghetto somewhere? This is the kind of behaviour seen in gang territory where shootings happen in broad daylight in front of dozens of people and nobody wants to talk, I can understand these people being afraid for their lives and not wanting to get involved because there is an element of danger involved, but what do the Stantons have to be afraid of? Or was it even fear that drove her to lie to the police?

Sweet!! So, now we know that a week went by before Melody Stanton actually told the police anything.

Could Fermeire actually be Vermeire?? Was this Dianes son from her first marriage to Richard Vermeire? He could still be a witness, I don't even know if it was mentioned in the book...

Colorado Marriage Detail: http://www.sctc.state.co.us/marriages/default.aspx

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 431.25pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="575"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> BRUMFITT, JAMES R <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> County<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> <st1:city><st1:place>BOULDER</st1:place></st1:city><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> VERMEIRE, DIANE A <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> Date<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style="padding: 0cm;"> <st1:date year="1986" day="12" month="5">12/05/1986
    </st1:date>

<st1:date year="1986" day="12" month="5"></st1:date><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
    Scott Gibbons is an interesting character himself, he owns "Gibbons Construction" and lives in a house that is valued at [font=&quot]$1,059,900. [/font]He's been married a total of three times and was the petitioner for two of his divorces. He's rich so I guess this isn't too crazy...

He married:
    Lynda S Nichols on <st1:date year="1979" day="6" month="9">[font=&quot]06/09/1979 and Scott filed for divorce on [/font]</st1:date><st1:date year="1988" day="4" month="11">[font=&quot]04/11/1988[/font]</st1:date>[font=&quot] [/font]
    Priscilla B Freeman on <st1:date year="1991" day="4" month="12">[font=&quot]04/12/1991 and Scott filed for divorce on 11/18/1996.
    Cheryl A Klinger [/font]</st1:date><st1:date year="2000" day="6" month="3">[font=&quot]on 06/03/2000.

[/font]</st1:date> <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="odd"> <td align="left">
    </td> <td align="left">
    </td> <td align="left">
    </td> <td align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody> </table>
    <st1:date year="2000" day="6" month="3">[font=&quot] [/font]</st1:date>

8. Elle

Elle Member

I know where to come when I want some true facts JIC :) Well done!

The paperback PMPT has an index at the back, and there is no Vermiere mentioned.

I would like to mention here that a few years ago when I first got involved in the JonBenét case, I had a hardcover of "Perfect MurderPerfect Town" from the library, and a very knowledgeable poster "Scout" on CN2000 noticed I kept posting Lawrence Schiller's mistakes in his first edition, but made me feel better by telling me these were the same ones the police tuned into. :) So ...this was why I bought the paperback which had been updated. So this is why I refer to my paperback JIC.

Does anyone else know any more about Schiller's mistakes? One I remember was related to SBTC.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

LOL, thanks for the encouragment Elle.:yay:

I just wondered if Adam Fermiere gave the wrong name but only by an initial, no Fermieres live in Boulder than I could find but Vermiere was a pretty popular name.

I had no idea, thank's for letting me in on that Elle, ironically it's my birthday so I'll have to take a trip to the bookstore; right on, I had a hard enough time reading the hardback because there's just so much in there.

10. Elle

Elle Member

JIC,

I just feel D.A. Hunter could have done so much more than he did; like arrest the Ramseys when Steve felt there was enough evidence there to do so. Hunter was just too chicken, and how about him giving Lawrence Schiller Steve Thomas' reports to read for his book. What a nerve! I think I would have punched him out if I had been Steve.

Looks like you're right after all, JIC. As I was told, Schiller had quite a few mistakes, and this name Fermeire was in his updated book. :rolleyes: Doesn't it make you wonder about his other mistakes?

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Elle, I think Hunter could've done a lot more too. I also think that because of where he was getting his information from and who was calling all the shots through Hunter (Hofstrom) that there was that 'buddy-buddy' element between the Ramsey's and the DA's office.

Hunter showing Schiller the files was wrong, there's no way around it.

I'm still doing research on the Vermeire/Brumfitts, so far I've discovered that Richard S. Vermeire is a Denver lawyer who resides at 1106 Cascade ave in Boulder. His ex-wife (Diane Brumfitt) and sons (Luke & Adam) live around the corner from him at 745 15th st, which is located near the Ramsey's home.

Richard and Diane were married somewhere outside Colorado state, I have yet to locate the state they married in. I do know Diane filed for divorce.<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:date month="2" day="26" year="1985"></st1:date> The date of the decree was March 4, 1986. [font=&quot]On February 26, 1985 745 15th Street was purchased (current value is $526,000) probably for Diane and the kids to live in because she and Richard were seperated. [/font]On August 8, 1987, Richard Vermiere purchased 1106 Cascade Ave for $1,013,900.

Eight months after her divorce from Richard was final, Diane married a man named James R Brumfitt (December 5, 1986), they were married 11 years before she filed for divorce and the date of that decree was April 2, 1997.

Richard waited a little longer to remarry than Diane, but did on August 2, 1992 to Rosalie A Hein.

I wonder what was so bad that it caused Diane and Richard to seperate yet allowed them to live within such a close proximity to one another, they both remarried and moved on but it seems strange for Richard to want to live so close to his ex-wife and her new husband (who Diane married only 8 months after her divorce from Richard) They had money, maybe not as much as John and Patsy did, but they had enough that they could live anywhere they wanted, why live right around the corner from eachother??
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id='\\"_x0000_i1025\\"' style=\"WIDTH: 18.75pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt\" o:button=\"t\" href="http://www.sctc.state.co.us/marriages/default.aspx#this" Information\? alt='\"Groom' type='\"#_x0000_t75\"'></v:shape>Colorado Marriage/Divorce Searches--1979-2004
    <st1:date month="2" day="8" year="1992"></st1:date>

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  12. Elle

Elle Member

You've done a great deal of research here, JIC. Do you feel this will lead you to something related to the JonBenét case, or are you more or less, checking on all the friends the Ramseys had?

Some divorcees like to be near one another because of their children, but since these names are new to me, I don't know anything about them. I am of course interested in where you're going with this? I don't know of anyone else who has gone this route.

As far as I know the Ramseys didn't seem to have too many friends left, having thrown a few of them under the bus.

Judith Philips seems to have stopped posting, the photographer friend of Patsy's who married the lawyer Tom Miller. I think Lin Wood must have warned her off, and we never hear enough about Fleet and Priscilla.

Good luck with whatever reason you're getting into this for (?).. I'm a bit baffled, but very impressed with your research, and wondering what's at the end of the road (?).

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I just found it ironic that Adam "Fermeire" was a witness in the case but didn't see anything strange, and all his mother saw was the security light in the SE corner of the house (somewhere I read near the sunroom) and she thought it was odd because that was "the first time that light didn't burn all night" YET, how did she know whether it had burned all night, did she sit up all night watching or just notice before bed and noted when she woke up that the light was still off... I think she's lying too.

I never thought to do background checks on the witnesses, and so far each witness I check out either has a financial or religious tie to the Ramsey's, that may not say much in itself, but it sure could cause one to assume that they kept their mouths shut because they knew them, or because they'd been told to. Nobody wanted the Ramsey's to turn on them like they did to Fleet and Priscilla.

I don't think they had friends at all, I think they associated themselves with people for specific reasons, and each person or family has their own "perk"; such as having enough $$ from a construction business to buy a home worth a million dollars , or being a Denver lawyer who focuses on white collar crime and is ironically enough admitted to practice in NJ, DC, and CO bars.

I didn't know Judith was posting!! Damn, I wish I could've been around for those revelations... I get the feeling that she knows about a lot of these connections between people, and I've got the feeling she could tell us what's at the top of this huge pyramid of people... Fleet and Priscilla have probably just been doing the exact opposite of the Ramseys, even though they've been publicly accused of murder they stay quiet, they want their actions to be compared to the Ramsey's public appearances that were all about 'them being innocent, and proving they didn't kill JonBenet.

Thanks Elle, I'm still a bit confused myself...
    I'm wondering what's at the end of the road too, I'll post whatever I find about any witnesses in this.

14. Elle

Elle Member

I think it's good you're doing this research JIC. It's amazing what can stem from a new angle.

Yes, it seems Judith (Phillips ) Miller did know a lot.

http://www.acandyrose.com/transcripts.htm

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/08211998judithphillipsletter.htm<NOSCRIPT> [​IMG] </NOSCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- if(!displayTopAd()) document.write("-" + "->");//--></SCRIPT><!-- START: Catman Footer --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>objAdMgr.renderFooter();</SCRIPT><!-- catman: start 247 tag --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://network.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/lycostripod/memberpop/1x1/wp/ss/a/14171744@Position3?"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) { document.write('<IFRAME width=120 height=600 MARGINwidth=0 MARGINheight=0 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no BORDERCOLOR=\"#000000\" SRC="http://network.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/lycostripod/memberpop/1x1/wp/ss/a/14171744@Position3?"></IFRAME>');}// --></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>[​IMG] </NOSCRIPT><!-- catman: end 247 --><SCRIPT><!-- Hide script from old browserswin247=window.open("http://web.tickle.com/forward?sid=2579&supp=380-524&dest=/match/mutual-match_popup.jsp&id=3688380&id2=4365524", 'windowName', 'toolbar=yes,location=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=800,height=530');win247.blur();self.window.focus();if (!win247.opener) win247.opener = self;// End hiding script from old browsers --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://network.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream.cap/1232047006?c=lycospop&dv=1&e=1d&s=1"></SCRIPT><!-- END: Catman Footer --><!-- revision: ubiquitous - $Change: 70818 $ --><!-- ******************************************************** --><!-- * END TRIPOD AD CODE - PLEASE REMOVE WHEN EDITING PAGE * --><!-- ******************************************************** -->
    Judith Phillips' Letter to the Editor - August 20th, 1998

Dear Editor,

It took no courage to kill JonBenet Ramsey, but still, out of this politically driven fiasco by Boulder DA Alex Hunter and his "adversaries" at Haddon, Morgan and Foreman, plenty of cowardice has been shown. I want to state my heartfelt support for Steve Thomas, the lead investigator and moral compass of the Ramsey investigation, and for my friends, Fleet and Priscilla White, for their courage in requesting the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Soon after JonBenet's murder, Alex Hunter appeared before the cameras to claim his office was closing in on the murderer(s). "We know who you are," he said. Now, Steve Thomas and the Whites have shown Alex Hunter for the liar he is; willing to obstruct the justice he swore to uphold. What is equally pathetic is the hand holding subversion of truth by Alex Hunter's sycophants in the Adams, Arapahoe, Denver and Jefferson Country District Attorneys' offices all the way up to Governor Romer's office.

Hal Haddon, the Democratic Godfather of Colorado, has left his stamp on justice. His clients, John and Patsy Ramsey, have only cooperated with police officials when it served theirs and their lawyers' purposes. And, the nauseating truth now demonstrates that their "lawyers" include the District Attorneys throughout Denver and Boulder at the public's expense. Hal Haddon's campaign contributions have purchased the ultimate price for justice.

As a witness for Steve Thomas, a friend of the Whites and a former friend of the Ramseys, I have prayed for the soul of little JonBenét, cried at the dance of delay for justice, and suffered the outrage when a child is murdered in my community while the District Attorneys all our society depend upon subvert justice to repay political debts to the Godfather.

The time for Alex Hunter's finger wagging, professional courtesies and political paybacks to the Ramsey camp bent on the rape of truth, or even cameo appearances by a governor beholding to the Godfather of criminal defense is at an end.

My children watch. My daughter played with JonBenet Ramesy and couldn't sleep for months after her murder. How do I explain to her the bureaucratic mantra of our leaders of less rather than more, never rather than ever? I can't, but I will never stop trying.

A special prosecutor must be appointed.

Sincerely,
    Judith Phillips
    Boulder, Colorado

15. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Thanks for your support Elle, who know's if researching the backgrounds of these folks will be useful, but I figured it would be better than not doing it and finding out later that there was something there connecting them to the Ramsey's personally; I just can't help but think that a few of these people were told what to say.

So it seems...

Thanks for the links and her letter to the editor, I'd read it before but that was quite a while ago, it definately is another blast from the past.

Do you get the feeling that anyone who's spoken out about the crime (White's/Judith P) just get ignored by everyone who they tell their story to?? It's like nobody cares, or at least nobody who's in a position to actually do something about it. Poor JonBenet.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I figured you had read Judith's letter before. We Posters all walk the same tracks, but now and then it's good to read this material again.

Yes JIC! They do get ignored, plus they're up against "big money" and we all know what this means. I think Judith Phillips stopped posting, knowing all the reasons, being married to lawyer Tom Miller.

I'm posting a chat session with Tom Miller on CN2000 where I posted for a few years. I'm sure many posters have read this too, but as I said before it doesn't do us any harm to keep on reading "the same old.":)

17. Elle

Elle Member

Tom Miller chat -June 2001

Doesn't hurt to revise.

http://www.acandyrose.com/transcripts.htm

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/06262001cn2000millerchat.htm

Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - Tom Miller was a guest in chat for the CrimeNews2000 Forum. The chat was logged by the CN2000 forum as well as myself (Mapek). The full chat log can be found at CRIMENEWS2000 Forum: http://www.crimenews2000.com/

BEGINNING OF CHAT:

(mapek) A question from CGirl: Can you tell us when and why you got involved in the JonBenet Ramsey case?

(TomMiller) March, 1997, as a handwriting expert and lawyer, contacted by Craig Lewis of the GLOBE

(mapek) What kinds of things have you done for the case?

(TomMiller) After answering the ransom note, I made known my opinion that Patsy Ramsey was probably the author

(mapek) Regarding the handwriting analysis you did on the ransom note, what can you tell us about it?

(TomMiller) Expressing my opinion was considered inflammatory by Jefferson County Officials aided by their receipt of the investigative file of Haddon, Morgan & Foreman, to impeach me.

(mapek) Sabrina would like to know: How many samples of Patsy's handwriting did you have which you compared to the ransom note to come to your conclusion? How long were these samples?

(TomMiller) I had many exemplars, not as many as the CBI holds in its vaults, eg. the CBI has never made available their samples, conveniently sealed by the grand jury.

(mapek) Buzzie would also like to know: Who do you suspect leaked the ransom note to the media?

(TomMiller) Team Ramsey, as came out in my trial, wrote the Boulder Police Department for permission to release the note, which Linda Arndt had already provided them. The BPD said, "no." The note appeared within 30 days of so of Team Ramsey's request (incited by John Douglas).

(mapek) Regarding the commercial bribery criminal case brought against you, what can you tell us about the background of it?

(mapek) and.. Florida would like to know your thoughts on: What was the real purpose behind the prosecution of this case?

(TomMiller) When I refused to testify against my client, Craig Lewis, who had broken no law, the State came after me to force my testimony against my 1st Amendment right -- not to speak -- the 1st Amendment right to a free press, and against my obligation to my client.

(TomMiller) A destructive criminal justice system (which is for sale) wanted to silence me.

(mapek) Candy writes: Dear Mr. Miller, Do you believe Alex Hunter, Hal Haddon, or other Team Ramsey/law enforcement officials were behind your prosecution on these charges?

(TomMiller) Evidence at my trial revealed that Hal Haddon, Lee Foreman and Patrick Burke demanded that I be prosecuted.

(mapek) From Buzzie: Hello Tom! Congratulations on your case acquittal. I do believe Haddon staged this performance in an attempt to peg you with a felony charge. Glad he wasn't successful.

(mapek) A few questions... Was your personal diary ever returned or is it still in evidence files? Does it contain information that may be used in a future trial?

(TomMiller) The original was returned in May, 2001. The photocopy, used by the DA, Dennis Hall, is still in his possession. My lawyer reports that Mr. Hall has stipulated to the return of his copy and destruction of all copies. Information from my journal will be found in my book. I will believe it when I see it.

(mapek) Buzzie would also like to know: Did you discuss this in any depth with Mr. Lewis beforehand? Did you notice or were you curious as to what was in the "large manilla envelope"?

(mapek) and Buzzie also asks: Specifically please, what was your understanding of what Mr. Lewis hoped to glean from the interview with Don Vacca?

(TomMiller) Mr. Lewis wanted information on the ransom note, the autopsy report, sources inside the DA's office, the police department, and any documents or information regarding the JBR case. I wanted to examine the ransom note as a handwriting expert. I did not know that Mr. Vacca had been given the note.

(mapek) it sounds like Lewis knew that?

(TomMiller) I don't know what Lewis did or didn't know.

(mapek) When did you find out that Vacca had the note?

(TomMiller) When he revealed himself to Lewis' offer.

(mapek) i see, thanks

(mapek) Florida writes: I understand it cost you $100,000 to have your name cleared by defending yourself in court. What do you think of the deal Lewis made with the prosecutors where the Globe ended up making a $100,000 "donation" to the CU School of Journalism? It seems rather unfair to me.

(TomMiller) Craig Lewis got what he paid for, which was the dismissal of charges for a bribe to the CU School of Journalism. I got what I paid for, which was a trial by jury, for roughly the same amount.

(mapek) Also from Florida: Why was Craig Lewis not called as a witness since he was with you when the offer was made?

(TomMiller) Craig Lewis, since the charges against him had been dropped, could not be forced to testify. In fact, he refused.

(mapek) From CGirl: I understand that Fleet White did not appear for your case and was subsequently arrested for failure to appear. What knowledge would Mr. White have that would have concerned your case in the first place?

(TomMiller) First, that a fair trial requires the particiapation of good citizens. Second, anything and everything he knew about the ransom note.

(mapek) From Florida: Do you have any idea why neither Fleet White or Steve Thomas showed up in court? And, what did you expect to elicit from their testimony?

(TomMiller) Fleet White said he would not testify for "a tabloid lawyer". Steve Thomas is being sued by the Rs, and wants to protect himself through silence, as did I by force of the indictment, which the jury dispatched.

(mapek) what did you expect to elict from Steve Thomas' testimony?

(TomMiller) Anything and Everything he knew about the ransom note and its release to the public.

(mapek) From Buzzie: Can you offer any insight as to why Dan Glick was not issued an arrest warrant for failure to appear?

(TomMiller) Neither Steve Thomas, despite the fact his attorney was lurking in the hallways of the courthouse, nor Fleet White paid attorneys to represent them for lack of response. Glick's lawyer, spent days reporting to the Court, to excuse his conduct. Newsweek (for whom Glick works) can afford that level of justice.

(mapek) Also from Buzzie: Did anything ever become of the complaint to the Disciplinary Council concerning your "improper courtroom conduct"?

(TomMiller) The Supreme Court of Colorado deferred investigation pending the outcome of my trial. It's their move.

(mapek) Do you have any evidence linking Hal Haddon's firm with any contributions or efforts to the Jeffco DA's election?

(TomMiller) The Colorado Secretary of State is required to keep records of political donations. See for yourself.

(mapek) From pkc for mr miller: your own case aside, how many other trials related to the ramseys might you expect (or have expected) to be deposed for and /or testified in?

(TomMiller) I hope none. But, if asked to testify regarding the handwriting in the ransom note, my testimony will be, as always, truthful.

(CG_work) Ok, then what knowledge of the note would Fleet have in regards to your trial?

(TomMiller) He saw the note. He may have had a copy. I don't know who he shared that knowledge with, but it was evidence that the charge of commercial bribery was "bogus" as the note had been released.

(Sabrina3) can you explain the 4.5 out of 5 we always hear about in regards to Patsy's handwriting analysis? Was this the CBI or her own investigator (paid by her)

(Sabrina3) What did you grade her?

(TomMiller) I didn't "grade" her. I said she probably wrote the note. I want to examine and photograph the original and any exemplars held as evidence to say more than that.

(pkc) this is just a technical question --is there anybody at all outside the ramsey family who could have standing to initiate a wrongful death civil suit against the ramseys for jonbenet's death?

(TomMiller) Lets not go there.

END OF CHAT LOG.............

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  18. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

It's a blessing that she did post, I'm very greatful that she spent the time that she did online because this is where I'm beginning to really SEE the split in friendships between the Ramsey's and anyone who disbelieved them; I'd heard it was happening but hearing it (or in our case-seeing it) straight from the horse's mouth is so much more enlightening.

Thanks for the links, from what I gather so far, from Judith's POV, Patsy erradicated anyone who disbelieved them or could possibly 'sell them out." Judith took all those weird pics of Patsy, JonBenet, Burke and Nedra. The Ramsey's probably found out right away that Judith had the rights to them and nothing could be done legally if she wanted to sell them to the media. So in an attempt to retrieve the remainders, I think they shunned her hoping she'd do everything she could to back into the circle, including hand over the rights to the photos.

Ooh, this one I haven't seen. I'll be printing it and checking it out right after this post. I was really confused about Tom Miller too, and still don't know a whole lot about him but this is the perfect opportunity to really get to 'know' him. Thanks for clearing another path for me!!:cheerful:

John Fernie's testimony at Mr. Millers trial was damning enough for me to disbelieve every word John Fernie says. He's got glasses that are pretty thick yet he says he saw the ransom note through the door, read it, and just like Patsy said "after the first few lines" he knew what was going on and then he RAN to the front of the house to be let in??? Sounds more like he was in the house when the police arrived so he snuck out the back, he didn't want to get caught back there by a police officer possibly checking the premises so he waited a couple minutes out in the cold and then went around to the front.

What really got to me about his statement: He said the door he read the ransom note through was locked and that's what caused him to RUN to the front yet he never thought that KNOCKING would have gotten him in just as quick? I think he walked out that door when the police arrived. John Ramsey could've been doing anything, none of us can believe that he came trucking to the front of the house to meet police because he'd just put on some clothes, because if her were really on the third floor dressing and wanted to get back to the front door in a hurry, he could have walked down the stairs nearest the bed in the master bedroom and ended up in the same place in half the time, instead he was seen coming up the hallway from the kitchen area.

IMO This makes it very possible that John was instructing Mr. Fernie about where to go and when to come back in, there's the controversy about the time Mr. Fernie arrived because he continuously states that Fleet and Priscilla were there first, even though police officers French and Veitch (?) wrote in their reports that Mr. Fernie was there first, then the White's arrived, then Barbara Fernie arrived.

And even though there was all of this controversy about where Mr. Fernie was on the morning of the murder, he's never been mentioned as a possible suspect by John and Patsy; none of the other people they went to church with were either, does church automatically just make a person the kind of person who wouldn't committ murder?? I didn't think so.

I'm too much when I get goin' sorry!!:idea:

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

You bring up some very interesting points about John Fernie JustInCase.

I remember the Tom Miller chat. I think he came across as arrogant and rude. I did not like him at all.

20. Little

Little Member

JustinCase wrote:
    I enjoy your posts JustinCase! I have thought from almost the beginning of this case that there are stories within stories and toss in a few more for good measure. If someone could connect all the dots we might just see some people running to their nearest council stating "I didn't realize at the time that I was being played".

You do great work!

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice