Blast from the Past!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 18, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Check out this old National Enquirer transcript from obviously before the Ramseys found Lin Wood! LOL.....an Atlanta Bombing reference at the end.

NATIONAL ENQUIRER....

Seventeen months after the death of little beauty queen JonBenet
    Ramsey, her
    parents' former best friends are about to tell a grand jury for the
    first time
    all they know about the horrific murder.

Oil magnate Fleet White and his wife Priscilla were so close to the
    Ramseys
    that they spent Christmas night together just hours before JonBenet
    was killed.
    And the Whites were the first friends contacted by the Ramseys after
    they
    called police to report JonBenet missing.

But since then the Whites and the Ramseys have had a falling out. Now
    a 4-man,
    8-woman grand jury is in place -- and Fleet has vowed to friends:
    "I'll tell my
    story in court!"

A source close to the case told The ENQUIRER: "The Ramseys, I'm sure,
    believe
    Fleet and Priscilla have betrayed them."

Three days after JonBenet's murder, the Whites flew to Atlanta with
    the Ramseys
    to bury her. But Fleet and Priscilla were already showing signs of
    doubt
    regarding the Ramseys' innocence -- at Patsy's mother's house, the
    couple
    confronted John and Patsy and demanded to know why they weren't
    cooperating
    with the police.

The difficult face-off signaled the end of the couples' friendship.
    Shortly
    afterward, Fleet found that the finger of suspicion was being pointed
    at HIM by
    his buddy John.

He and Priscilla demanded and got a public statement from police that
    neither
    of them were suspects.

And last January Fleet and Priscilla wrote a 2,000-word letter to the
    local
    daily in Boulder, Colo.

They praised the Boulder police -- who have always believed John and
    Patsy are
    guilty -- and disclosed that they'd asked Colorado's governor to
    remove
    District Attorney Alex Hunter from the case.

They accused Hunter of sharing evidence with the Ramseys' attorneys
    and failing
    to aggressively press for an indictment and a successful prosecution.

"The Whites have clearly chosen sides!" the close source declared.

And here's why Fleet and Priscilla will be key witnesses as
    prosecutors finally
    get their chance to indict John and Patsy:

• The Ramsey family spent the last evening of JonBenet's life at a
    Christmas
    party at the Whites' home. "They can say whether there was any tension
    between
    the Ramseys, and if John or Patsy were drinking," said the source.

• Fleet and Priscilla arrived at the Ramseys' home minutes after Patsy
    called
    911 to report a kidnapping. "Their account of what was said to them at
    that
    early stage, and their impressions of how John and Patsy behaved,
    could be
    crucial," the source explained.

• Fleet is the only person other than John Ramsey to see JonBenet's
    body at the
    murder scene.

After a detective asked Fleet and John to search the house, John tried
    unsuccessfully to divert him away from a basement door. Moments later,
    they
    pushed open the door -- and found JonBenet's bound, battered body.

Said the source: "White can describe for the grand jurors the murder
    scene he
    saw with his own eyes."

• With the house filling with detectives, Priscilla took JonBenet's
    bewildered
    then-9-year-old brother Burke to the quiet of her own home.

"Burke has never been properly questioned by police, so what the boy
    told
    Priscilla that morning could be a shocker," said the source.

"Did he hear his sister scream just after midnight, as a neighbor did?
    Did he
    hear his parents up and about long before 5:30 a.m. when Patsy said
    she first
    awoke?"

Meanwhile, as the walls close in around the Ramseys, the couple are
    constructing a massive stone wall around their home in Atlanta.

And as her grand jury appearance looms closer, Patsy is acting more
    and more
    irrationally, a source close to the family disclosed.

"She's throwing out ridiculous theories about JonBenet's killer --
    telling
    friends the killer could be the same person who planted a bomb at the
    Olympics!"

- BY DAVID WRIGHT and DON GENTILE

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

When Burke Talks...

we will hear the whole story.

Look at this:

DeLand woman arrested in son's killing

The Associated Press
    Posted November 18 2004, 2:10 PM EST

TOWSON, Md. -- Baltimore County detectives have arrested a DeLand woman on charges of killing her 5-year-old son in 1972.

Police reopened the case this year because of a tip from the boy's brother, who was 3 at the time of the homicide, according to a news release today.

Diane B. Coffman, 57, is charged with murder in the death of Edward R. Coffman.

In 1972, the medical examiner ruled the cause of death was blunt-force injury but could not determine how it occurred.

Police looked again at the case in July when they received an e-mail from Richard A. Coffman, 35, the younger brother of the victim, saying he believed his mother was responsible for Edward's death.

The mother told police in the original investigation that her son fell in a tub, and she found him dead some hours later. The 1972 autopsy showed 17 different injuries, some of which the child had suffered earlier.

These injuries were inconsistent with the story the mother provided authorities at the time, police said.

Reviewing that information, the medical examiner last month changed the manner of death from undetermined to homicide.

Investigators obtained a warrant for Diane Coffman's arrest and tracked her to DeLand. She was taken into custody Tuesday and will be returned this week to Baltimore County, police said.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Burke is carrying a heavy burden on his young shoulders.

I do believe he will tell the truth someday.

For some reason his father thought he might have trouble when he reached "40." Remember that comment?

I feel for Burke. He will turn 18 in Jan. and his parents can't protect him any more.

But then again, just who would Burke tell? The D.A.'s office? Think about it. Who could Burke tell? A Tabloid? Where could he go to talk to someone where it will do some good? I just don't know.

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

When Burke goes to college, he will be out of mom and dad's shadow...perhaps he will tell all someday. I hope so.

5. Prairie

Prairie Member

After all these years, I kinda doubt Burke remembers the truth. Patsy and John have had a lot of time to work on and manipulate that young man's memories.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have doubts that Burke will ever speak about what happened to his little sister. Time, especially for kids, has a way of diminishing memories. Burke never seemed to me to be all that upset about JB's death - at least not publicly. It's hard for someone who is nine years old to understand the concept of death or murder, and any memories he may have had have surely been manipulated by his parents over the years. Kids have a remarkable ability to bounce back. Burke seemed more interested in his interviewer's watch than he did in what happened to his sister.

Adults dwell on things much longer and remember much more than kids usually do, because a child's attention span is shorter. Burke's memories of his sister have probably faded a great deal. She's been gone longer than she was on this earth - a long time for Burke. Whatever he remembers, I'm sure his parents have convinced him otherwise long ago.

7. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

That's not necessarily true, WY, as I know of many things which my parents told me that I surely mustn't remember, as I was too young at the time. I still remember them, and quite vividly, despite my age at the time (<2 years old).

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Actually Burke isn't too little anymore--he's enormous! Isn't it amazing nearly 8 years have gone by?

I am so hoping Burke gets sloppy drunk at a frat party and spills the beans. Regardless of whether he knew anything concrete at the time of the murder, he must know quite a bit now. Unless of course you believe Patsy Ramsey who said the subject's never come up in conversation...

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

That's the thing that does not make sense to me BobC.

My 8 year old will have a 20 minute discussion as to why I turned on my left blinker in my car when I did. Really. I can't imagine a 9 year old not talking about this, not freaking out over it, not wanting to know every detail.

All of the kids my son's age are the same way. You can do a 6 hour question and answer period on the life of a tomato.

Burke knows a lot I bet.

Tricia

10. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

I believe your son is a very normal and also very intellegent young man. He is also observant of what is going on around him. And when he asks questions you answer him probably as directly and fully as you can. And there in lies the difference.

I've never considered Burke a "normal" child. I have absolutly nothing to base that on except for what I've read from the very beginning and what others have mentioned about him. I also think he was very jealous of JonBenet and all the attention she received with her pagents and all the preps for it. I just have the notion that Patsy devoted a lot of time to her both at pagents and at home. What few pictures I've seen of him at age 9 show a rather gawky kid. And those pix of him at JBR funeral show us that he had outgrown his clothes a lot. So someone wasn't watching after him. Just his reaction to her death seemed not normal. But then he was shielded from view for those first few weeks.

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Burke

If Burke is on the Aspergers spectrum, then it would explain his behaviour and reactions to his sister's death. However, I do suspect that we would have had some official confirmation if he were diagnosed Aspergers.

Over the years, I have taught about half a dozen boys with Aspergers and I have attended training and done my own research about the condition so that I could manage them effectively in the classroom. Some people have a misconception that autism is a condition whereby the sufferer lives in their own little world and has no friends whatsoever. This may be true in the very worst cases, but Aspergers is a high-functioning form of autism where the sufferers can attend normal schools and do well with the correct understanding and support. At first I was more than a little apprehensive about taking on a pupil with Aspergers, but nowadays, it is really not a problem.

I am currently teaching one Aspergers boy and this is my third year of teaching him. He's classic Aspergers and bless him, he looks at the world upside down and back to front :) I have to say that despite his difficulties, I genuinely like this boy (which is a bonus because he drives a lot of his other teachers round the twist!). He has practically no concept of "other" and he takes things very literally (i.e. doesn't pick up on subtleties or take hints). He has obsessions and we figured out a way to introduce these into the curriculum (for him only) so that he could learn on his own terms.

What is important to note is that this condition isn't just a neat little parcel of symptoms and that people with the condition won't always behave in the same way. Many of them have friends just like any other kid and they are often good at school work and games (although team work is a problem). The boy I am currently teaching is a loner but it's not so much because the other kids don't like him rather than the fact that he doesn't especially value their company and seek it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice