JonBenet's Hair. An unanswered question

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I have been e-mailing with some FFJ friends about this case and JonBenet's hair has come into our discussion.

Was it ever determined if JonBenet wore her hair in ponytails (the hair style she was wearing when John discovered her body) to the White's party? Weren't the ponytails kind of odd?

While we are at it, was the red turtleneck found bunched up in the bathroom, ever tested for urine? If so what were the results?

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

I don't remember ever hearing how her hair was styled at the Whites. I would love to know because it seems to be a real mystery. Any photos taken that night have never been released to the public and I would like to know just why that is. There must be a reason. I've seen the one of Patsy and JonBenet Xmas morning, the one with Patsy & no makeup. JonBenet's hair is down in that photo. And supposedly she was found with her hair in the odd three-pony tails when she died.

I don't know if the the turtleneck was tested for urine or not. I would hope so.

3. Little

Little Member

Very interesting question Tricia.

If her hair wasn't fixed like that for the party then why the three ponytails? Now that you mentioned it, it does seem suspicious that it's not something that has been addressed by the RST, doesn't it?

I agree Thor, I don't recall reading that any photos were ever released or details of those photos being released.

Great questions Tricia :)

Little

4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Tricia said: "Weren't the ponytails kind of odd?"

HUGE GASP!!

Do you mean were'nt the ponytails odd as in maybe one covered the dent in JonBenet's skull??

Edited to add: I'm looking at the partial pic of a cheetah or leopard print sort of fuzzy scrunchy, which appears way to big for the amount of hair it's holding. This pic also contains the loop on JonBenet's right wrist and the other loop laying a just above it on the floor and JonBenet's hair.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

and the rest of you too, refresh my failing memory as to just how the pony tails were fixed in her hair? I do recall that there were 3 but I forget just how or where on her head they were positioned.

And Little that is a VERY VERY astute observation of the possibility of a coverup for the head wound. And the implication is, I think, enormous. (IMO)

6. messiecake

messiecake Member

Ned shared an interesting theory over at W/S in regards to JBR's hair .
    It's his contention that it was worn down at the White's yet was found in the ponytail holders when she was dead which if so casts further doubt on the Ramsey's story because who puts the hair of a sleeping chid UP in ponytails???(ouch!) Ned thinks Patsy was seperating JBR's hair with the ponytails in the bathroom to "touch it up" wityh dye before their trip and some altercation ensued with JBR's skull hitting the counter in the bathroom.I find this to be a very plausible scenario (I also thought maybe she wet the bed,was being cleaned off in the bathroom with her hair possibly tied up in ponytails to avoid it getting wet ).

In any event,like the pineapple,JBR's hairstyle is another important clue!

7. Little

Little Member

Well, I have to admit that is something that I have wondered about messiecake. Early on it was said that they (LE?) said they could smell peroxide. As far as I know, peroxide doesn't have an odor. Patsy said she colored her hair - that would leave an odor, however, it would also explain away the smell. I have wondered if she was, instead, separating JonBenet's hair to touch up her dark roots. Patsy saying she colored her hair gave the investigators an excuse for the odor. I wonder if they even checked to see if there were any hair products left in the trash.

I had also considered that it may have been put in that style to "check" for head injury. In other words, it would pull the hair away in order to look for an injury.

At any rate, there are not a lot of reasons to put a child's hair in 3 ponytails. I sort of doubt that an intruder would have cared much about it getting in the way of anything they had planned for that poor child.

Some things are conspicuous by their absence, and any speculation by the RST as to why JonBenet's hair was put in ponytails is absent as far as I know.

So, just why would someone do that? There are not that many explanations IMO. Maybe they (the RST) are going to have to add frustrated hair stylist to their intruder profile.

zoomama, I'm not certain about what was used to tie back JonBenet's hair. If it was the same material used on the loom to make the potholders that adds another oddity to all of this. You are not the only one with that memory thing LOL, but I think it was fixed at the crown with two more following and all gathered together, but don't quote me on thar one.

JustinCase suggested it was to cover up an injury, which is a good thought, whereas my thinking is it may have been to make it easier to look for an injury.

Little

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Little, email me and I'll send you the pic from Dr. Lee's book, it does appear that JonBenet has darker roots. Since this theory includes Patsy possibly killing JonBenet somewhere in the bathroom I thought I might suggest the metal taps in her tub as a source for the head injury....

9. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I wonder

I wonder if the bathroom taps could cause a wound like the one on JBR's head. The wound is quite long, even if you consider the faucet of the bathtub. Then there would be how she would get in a position to damage that side of her head with the taps. I have been trying to imagine how it would happen that way but I can't picture it due to the length of the fracture.

10. Little

Little Member

Texan, I think the edge a sink, or of the bathtub had been suggested as one possible source for the injury, or at least listed as a possible source. I will see if I can find anything, but I do believe I read that at one time.

Little

11. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

I do know this, that as the mother of a number of girls, the ponytails were for function and not for form. There is no WAY that a girl of this age, especially one who is fashion conscious, would have allowed such a dorky, nonconformist hairstyle on her head (remember, conformity at this age is an avoidance of ridicule from your peers), except that it was to keep the hair out of the way of something, and certainly not to go out in public like that. :yuck:

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

still difficult

In order to cause a fracture like that by striking her head against a surface I would think it would take alot of momentum. Her head couldn't just be pushed as she was standing close to the counter. There might be enough momentum if she were swung by her feet.
    The theory of PR trying to dye JBR's hair and becoming angry is one that has intrigued me also. You are all correct about that hair style. If her hair wasn't fixed like that to go to the Whites', then it would be weird to come home and fix a sleeping childs hair that way. If PR was simply trying to prevent JBR's hair from knotting up during the night ( a problem I had with little Texan's hair) she could simply do a low ponytail or a quick loose braid ( just like I did to my girls' hair). PR could have been in the preliminary stages of dividing her hair up to touch up the roots and if JBR got angry it could explain the hair items strewn over the floor of her bedroom.

13. Little

Little Member

I received this message from a wonderful net friend:

So, there were two ponytails, not three, and we now know what they were secured with.

Thanks buddy!

Little

14. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Your right Texan, it probably would have been impossible to cause this skull fracture with JonBenet's bathtub faucet. I went back and looked at it again and it does seem a little on the 'thick' side, whereas JonBenet's skull fracture is thinner but longer...

JonBenet's hair was probably tied up like that to keep it out of the way of the cords, or out of the water like someone else said, it's clear to me now, her hairstyle was utilitarian.

Little, thanks for posting that, I can see what she means about it being uncomfortable, I can only sleep with my hair in a pony-tail if it's loose and tied right at the top of my neck where it meets my scalp, otherwise it's just too uncomfortable and I end up taking it out sometime during the night.

I've posted the pic from Dr. Lee's book at my Yahoo group, and as it appears in the picture, JonBenet's hair is pulled back into a scrunchie, I don't see anymore elastics but I know there were three, so was one elastic used under the scrunchy to keep that hair in there? I always do this with a scruchie because they fall out really easy unless they are wrapped so many times that it doesn't look like a scrunchie anymore.

To see the pic, visit this link (it may require subscription to the group but it's really fast and easy)

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/jonbenet_patricia_ramsey/vwp?.dir=/&.dnm=DrLeePic.jpg&.src=gr&.view=t&.hires=t

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  15. Elle

Elle Member

JIC the ony reason I didn't want to sign on with Yahoo to view the other photos, was ... it caused havoc on my husband's pc, and I didn't want more of the same. Little if you do sign on with no problems, would you please copy and send to me, thank you.

16. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I'm sorry Elle, I didn't know that was why you didn't want to sign in. We had the same problems too, and so far all we can figure is that Yahoo Chat Messenger and the Yahoo Toolbar are the vulnerability, that's not a for sure thing though so I would suggest that you wait until I email it to you, email me and I'll send it along: Anyone else who would also like to see it but don't want Yahoo to wreak havoc on their PC, please feel free to email me as well.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  17. Elle

Elle Member

Oh JIC, Are you okay with putting your address on here? Maybe you should take it off now. Thank you kindly. Yes, it was the toolbar and the yahoo messenger. You nailed it!

Take your time - no rush. I'm heading out.

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I get an message that says, "error" when I click on the link.

This is a very interesting thread. I have to say I never gave any thought to the ponytails

19. tempester

tempester Member

a few thoughts about the hair

Maybe an argument began with JB not wanting her hair to be dyed. If she was tired and wanted to sleep, if she were woken up for the purpose of having it dyed maybe she had a tantrum ( I know I would).

Also, if you go to the trouble of dying your daughters hair (which in my opinion is unusual behaviour) why would you tie it up in elastic bands as they are known to break and damage hair.

20. messiecake

messiecake Member

The hair is something that clearly shows the Ramseys are LIARS and lied about the events of that night(like the pineapple).I think we get so hung up on the red herrings(the note,the garrotte etc)that the simple mistakes they made in their staging get overlooked.
    Im glad we're discussing this and its obvious something is amiss!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice