Patsy's 40th bday celebration: Did Patsy freak out about this???

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Nov 27, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

From the moment I read the final paragraph of the Ramsey's 1996 Christmas newsletter, I knew something happened at her 40th birthday party that caused her to change the title of friend to 'friend' in someones case, at the time I had no idea where to start in terms of trying to figure out who she was so angry at other that John; "my dear husband" just had such an icy tone to it. When read John said Priscilla had hired a man to impersonate not just Miss America as a character but Dorothy Benham, the 1977 Miss America winner who beat Patsy; I realized I had a contender.

Knowing Nedra was responsible for the Dorothy Benham comic causes me to ponder the thought of a long-standing 'grudge' against Dorothy for beating her. Why else would they have spoofed her of all people??

Here John explains the party in a vague detail, note there is not a mention further than Miss America, he left Ms. Benham out completely but didn't spare a pause between putting all the ownership for that party on Priscilla.

Was Priscilla the scapegoat for a blow-up between Patsy and John about the party that reminded her of how old she was getting and looking? Did she whine because her chin and cheeks were sagging and because the goatee of the comic was a reminder of her own little goatee?

Here I just wonder what Johns "800" comments was about, a little slipped out and he stopped himself: "My idea was less than hers, the scale of the 800 -- the concept. Mine was less than hers. But she (INAUDIBLE) with it."

Photo's of Ms. Benham now reveal a smoothed look that clearly required assistance that Patsy and John could afford, they had more money than Dorothy I would assume. So I wonder if Patsy also used this 'reminder' as a way to get plastic surgery out of John, a man who still wore plaid shirts and trousers each day and hated spending money...
    A comparison: Dorothy Benham in 1977
    [​IMG]

Dorothy Benham in 2001
    [​IMG]

2. Little

Little Member

JustinCase,
    Good research (again!).

IMO, I can see why Patsy would have been super stressed in the days leading up to Christmas. Partys, planning, coordinating - it was all up to her.

Here is something I wrote a while ago that sort of ties into all of this. Some are quotes from books and some notes to myself.

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Wow Little,

I really want to thank you for posting all of this, each little excerpt is a piece of the puzzle as told by the Ramsey's or someone close enough to them but yet not considered a compromised witness because they were so honest and forthcoming; which is a deep contrast to the solid ones who would only say that they were a nice family and the they needed to be left alone.

What I really want to talk about is the whole Linda Wilcox statement, she was their cleaning lady too so she would have gotten a feel for everyone in the house fairly quickly; I think she's one of the most reliable witnesses in terms of describing what they were like as a family. I also take what Suzanne Savage says seriously, even though I found out these ladies all found out 'through church' about the Ramsey's need for housekeepers, I never could find out whether they went to St. John's or not.

How about when Patsy admits she didn't even want to do the Charlevoix Christmas thing, she brought up valid points about lugging everything out there for one night just to have Christmas with the 'big kids' before they went on the Big Red Boat for a little while? Sounds like she was trying to get them to just fly to Boulder, they got there on the 26th, didn't they?

Then again, Patsy said she called a florist to hang up the lights and wreaths outside the house out there followed by ‘cause Melinda and Stewart were coming up and John Andrew.' So she admits that she wanted to impress someone that day, but says she didn't take a shower because hers was broken; with so many other showers in the house; I find this excuse extremely hard to swallow.

And all of the pageant references are a real inclination that nobody liked what Patsy did to JonBenet, and I don't think the pageant videos were shown to just everyone who popped by; crowns, sashes, trophies, and photos are nothing compared to seeing how she operated on stage; she looked like she was coached by all of the Ziegfeld Follies! At six, she was far too young to be winking and giving those stares, but yet having both such diluted women in her life she had no choice; Nedra told her it was her job, she had to do it. Patsy probably didn't care what she wanted, she seems more prone to telling JonBenet to do something rather than asking her if she'd be interested in it.

4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Holy Smokes!!

Dejanu the Great has just pointed out to me that the man that Dorothy Benham is standing next to in each of the photo's I provided is The Hour Of Power dude Dr. Robert Schuller, who was investigated by the IRS years ago. Still looking for the results of this... Dr. Schuller's daughter just recently purchased 755 15th Street with her husband

5. Miss Anthropy

Miss Anthropy Banned

I think Patsy's 40th was a stressing factor. The use of numbers and dates in the rn indicates an anxiety over transformation thresholds with a number significance. The number 40 is prominent in Judeo/Christianity as being associated with judgement, probation, initiation and death.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  6. Elle

Elle Member

Little. Great refresher! Thank you! I can actually feel just how T-I-R-E-D Patsy Ramsey was on Christmas night. It wouldn't have taken much for any woman to have been irritable with the pressure she was under.

This really upsets me to read "When a pageant favored the seductive look" the seductive look for small children (?). Shame on all of them! It's the parents who need reeducated here. When will they ever smarten up?

Is it any wonder Patsy Ramsey was frazzled with the following schedule:

1. Ramseys would have arrived in Charlevoix on Thursday 26 December.

2. Ramseys would have stayed in Charlevoix Thursday and Friday 26 - 27 December.

3. Ramseys would have left Charlevoix on Saturday 28 December, For Denver.

4. Ramseys would have left Denver for Orlando on Sunday 29th December.

Lighting up the house for a few nights. Who could be bothered with all this Raz-ma-taz? Patsy Ramsey,of course!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this JIC. Thank you Deja for for the update. Makes me feel a bit squeamish. How can anyone live in that house after such a tragedy?

The Ramsey house should have been bulldozed, and it doesn't matter whether the new owners change the address, it will always be known as the Ramsey House, and the house where six year old JonBenét Ramsey died at Christmas time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice