Lin Wood - There he goes thinking we're stupid again

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, Nov 27, 2004.

1. VP

VP Member

http://www.westword.com/issues/2004-11-04/news/message.html

"Double talk: The Rocky Mountain News took a lot of heat for identifying Katelyn Faber, the woman accusing hoops star Kobe Bryant of rape, after she refiled a civil suit against him under her own name last month. Nonetheless, other organizations have followed suit, including Fox News and a second prominent local broadsheet, the Boulder Daily Camera. According to Camera editor Sue Deans, her paper's move (which hasn't generated even one letter to the editor) was made because "in the past we've seen merit to naming people who file civil suits in such circumstances, and after having a conversation in the newsroom about it, we decided to go ahead and do it in this case."

Even so, Faber's attorney, L. Lin Wood, singled out the Rocky for criticism in an interview posted at www.poynter.org, the online home of Florida's Poynter Institute. "I've had dealings with the Rocky Mountain News in the past," Wood said, "and I do not have a great deal of respect for that newspaper. I view it as a cut above the supermarket tabloids."

For anyone familiar with the JonBenét Ramsey case, this claim is nothing short of astonishing. As editor/publisher/president John Temple alluded to in a subsequent chat also accessible on the Poynter website, the Rocky was kinder to John and Patsy Ramsey, whom Wood represented, than any other major daily in the country, let alone the tabloids, which convicted the elder Ramseys of murder with each new edition. The Rocky earned ridicule in many quarters, not to mention the nickname "Ramsey Mountain News," for coverage that appeared to benefit Wood and his clients.

Imagine: a lawyer twisting the truth and rewriting history to suit his current purposes. Stop the presses."

http://www.poynter.org/content/content_view.asp?id=72917

"What reaction do you or your client have to the Rocky Mountain News naming your client in this morning's paper and on their website?

Personally I've had dealings with the Rocky Mountain News in the past and I do not have a great deal of respect for that newspaper. I view it as a cut above the supermarket tabloids. I have had direct dealings on other cases and I, with that knowledge, of the Rocky Mountain News, from my own experience with that newspaper, I really wasn't surprised.

But I have been encouraged that other members of the media, the ones that I would identify as the responsible members of the media, have declined to follow the lead of the Rocky Mountain News."

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Well what can we expect from a publicity seeking, celebrity worshipping, ambulance chasing lawyer?

Ethics?.....Nah!

Integrity?...Too funny!

Woody hates the RMN, 'cause they can see through his petty schemes.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Condit Must Reveal Sex History for Lawsuit

By LARRY NEUMEISTER

NEW YORK (AP) - Former Rep. Gary Condit must answer questions about his sexual history in his slander case against a magazine writer who suggested Condit knew more than he let on about the death of intern Chandra Levy, a judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling does not mean the information elicited by lawyers for Dominick Dunne, a special correspondent to Vanity Fair, will be made public. Judge Peter K. Leisure said he may order that the testimony be kept confidential.

But Condit cannot ``use the court system as both a sword and a shield'' by filing the $11 million lawsuit in December 2002, and then refusing to answer questions that may help Dunne's defense, the judge wrote.

Condit refused to answer questions about his sexual relationships and his finances in a Sept. 27 deposition, the judge said.

Condit's lawsuit claims statements by Dunne led millions of people to believe Condit was criminally involved in the disappearance and death of Levy.

After the 24-year-old U.S. Bureau of Prisons employee disappeared in 2001, Condit reportedly told police he had an affair with Levy but knew nothing of her disappearance.

He is not considered a suspect in her unsolved death, which was ruled a homicide after her remains were discovered in a Washington, D.C., park in May 2002.

The case drew months of negative publicity and was cited as the main cause of the former California congressman's re-election defeat in the March 2002 primary.

The lawsuit was filed after Dunne made comments on ``The Laura Ingraham Show,'' ``ET Online'' and ``Larry King Live'' about Levy's disappearance.

On ``ET Online'' in January 2002, for example, Dunne was quoted as suggesting Levy was taken away by someone on a motorcycle as a favor to Condit, the judge said. And on ``Larry King Live'' in February 2002, Dunne stated, ``I believe firmly that he knows more than what he has ever said,'' according to the judge.

In his lawsuit, Condit said he had no involvement in the disappearance and death of Levy and no knowledge of how she was abducted and killed or who was responsible.

Lawyers for Dunne have argued in court papers that Condit's relationship with other women shows a pattern of behavior in which Condit required women to carry no identification when they met him, the judge said.

Levy was not carrying identification when she disappeared, the judge noted.

``Dunne further claims he can use this discovery to impeach Condit, as showing he lied to authorities, the press, and the Levy family regarding all of these relationships,'' the judge said.

A message left with L. Lin Wood, a lawyer for Condit, was not immediately returned.

:violin:

4. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I am glad that this little victory was won.

Dominick Dunne did NOT destroy Condit's reputation. For MONTHS, every media outlet reported about his sleazy behavior and lack of cooperation. Condit destroyed his own reputation with his numerous affairs and sleazy friends. His ex mistress was on several shows and spoke the truth.

The truth is what caused Condit to lose his political office.

This case needs to be thrown out. I am surprised it even got as far as it has. Our first amendment privleges are at risk with this suit and every suit ambulance chasers such as Wood bring about.

In my opinion, Dunne was targeted because Lin Wood had a vendetta against him . We know Dunne was threatened with lawsuits after discussing the Ramsey case on Larry King live. He then refused to discuss the case on a subsequent show and cited "the attorney" for his reason not to discuss it.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Wood's father killed his mother. Mitigating circumstances (being drunk) or not, his father is/was a killer. I'm sure I've read that.

6. VP

VP Member

LOL :bigstick:

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Condit's ridiculous televangelist hairstyle ruined his reputation--nothing else.

8. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Bob C.....

Astute observation....

What really confounds me is that Chandra Levi, being the bright and beautiful young woman that she was, could have been taken in by this pervert....The only explanation that comes to mind is the power that resides on capitol hill....many are mesmerized by it I think....

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, come on, Bob. If that were the case, The Donald would have been kicked out of Trump Tower long ago. :stretch:

Condit got caught with his pants down, bad hair or not. That's what done him in. I love the way he thinks he can bring a lawsuit against Dominic Dunne, then refuse to answer questions in a deposition. How arrogant is that? And, I'll bet his arrogant attorney, the one nearly bald one, was right there to object every time a question was asked, just like he was with the Patsy.

It's going to be interesting to see how things go when Wood goes up against the Hadden team in the Kobe case. Let's face it - Dunne's lawyers and Kobe's lawyers are light years ahead of Darnay Hoffman, the "lawyer" who thoroughly screwed up the JBR lawsuits.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

"'But I have been encouraged that other members of the media, the ones that I would identify as the responsible members of the media, have declined to follow the lead of the Rocky Mountain News.'"

And which would that be? The few you haven't sued in behalf of every single client? This guy's riding the coat tails of a freedom of speech challenge and making hay while the sun shines. Facing the Fox lawyers, the Dunne lawyers and the Haddon firm in behalf of Bryant is going to be LW's undoing for sure.

11. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Bob,

I always thought it looked like a toupee. Do you think it's real?

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

lololol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice