Misty has passed away.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Nov 27, 2004.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

From Purg, courtesy of Sabrina:

In Memory of Misty

I just spoke to Misty's husband and I have sad news to report.

Misty passed away yesterday morning. (Thanksgiving)

Apparently she got really ill the night before and her husband took her to the hospital and she passed away a few hours later. Apparently one of the tubes (?) burst.

The viewing is Sunday, and the funeral is Monday.

I last spoke to her about a week ago. She told me she was too young to die. In the last 2 years, I've lost 2 close friends to similar cancer situations, and it was not a pretty picture. What saddened me was seeing them go downhill every day, even though they were so medicated as to not to be in pain-- they knew they were dying. I am glad that Misty did not have to go through this suffering. God was kind to her, although she was not ready to die, she did not have to
    go through the last stages.

My comments:

This is very sad news. Misty succumbed to pancreatic cancer, after putting up a valiant fight. She had fought just as hard for justice for JonBenet, and for other abused children.

Rest in Peace, Misty.

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

This is so tragic. Misty was too young to die.

Not only did Misty advocate justice for JonBenet but she also helped catch the sickest pedophiles in AOL chat rooms. Her work was endless and will always be appreciated.

In Misty's name, Forums for Justice will be making a donation to Klaas Kids. Misty's husband felt this was a good idea to remember Misty.

You can make your personal, tax deductable donation to Klaas Kids at www.klaaskids.org or you can make it through the Forums for Justice paypal account.

Go to www.paypal.com, then "send money." The email address for the donation is donations@forumsforjustice.org

I hope everyone will post their thoughts about Misty here or at Purgatory.

Thank you,
    Tricia

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

I am saddened by the loss of your friend. I did not know her at all. Her loss will be a great one for her family and for the work she has done for justice. I will remember her in my prayers. I hope you will take comfort knowing that she went quickly. I am sorry for your loss.

4. VP

VP Member

So sad

I'm with you Lurker, thank God she did not have to suffer through the final stages.

Misty's website: "Misty's Place" http://misty.angelcities.com/

My prayers are with her family and friends.

5. Elle

Elle Member

I am so sorry to hear you have all lost a poster you all loved so well, and one who worked very hard to get to the truth. Delmar England did tell me a long time ago he had worked with Misty on the Patricia Letters, and I have read many of her posts here. I'm glad she isn't suffering from pain any more.

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

This is such a sad loss..altho I was not personal with her online I have read her on the forums all these years and she seemed to be a wonderful person. She will definetly be missed.

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of Misty, I also didn't know her very well but read her posts quite often and have visited her site several times; I'm very upset that someone as selfless as Misty has been taken too soon. Please send my condolences to her family.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

RIP Misty. You did good, girl.

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

How awful, I thought Misty would pull thru. My condolenses to her family and friends, she was a great woman in her pursuit of justice for kids.

She's in heaven with Panico, Alleypat, Ruthee, and others.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. It doesn't seem that long ago Misty was diagnosed with cancer. This makes me very sad.

Misty has been a fixture of the JBR forums for many years. She was an intelligent woman with a passion for justice.

I know she's in a better place, but I wish she was still with us.

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I am saddened to read this first thing this morning. I know another poster in cyberspace who suffers from the same illness, and it's just a bad deal. With deepest symphaty, jc

12. Tez

Tez Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Misty's passing. I will light a candle for her tonight. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

:-(

This is very upsetting. :-(

I can't stop thinking about Misty ever since Sabreena told me about her.

I am glad that she didn't suffer more than she did. God Bless Misty and her family.

ACandyRose
    =================================================

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Misty earned to right to see if little girls can get their ears pierced in Heaven. We can take comfort in knowing that JonnieB just received a big hug from us all.

RR

15. she wounded

she wounded Member

Our Hart

Our hart is with this poster, we never had the time to know of her. Anyone that fights for justice desirves to be with God.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice