Convenient On-Going Investigation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, Nov 27, 2004.

1. VP

VP Member

We all wondered what Boulder DA Mary Keenan was thinking when she hired the Ramsey's butt-boy, Lou Smit, to come back to Boulder and investigate the murder of JonBenet. After all, he had been sued by the BPD for taking records from the WAR room that he was not entitled to. This article, for me anyway, finally sheds light as to why he was brought back, and Lin Wood's MO is written all over it. As long as there is an ongoing investigation, the police records cannot be submitted for deposition in a lawsuit, and Lou Smit, as an investigator in said on-going lawsuit, cannot be subpeonaed. Convenient. (If this has been posted before, I couldn't find it, and I apologize for bringing it up again).

2 resist Fox bid for JonBenet records
    By Rocky Mountain News
    October 30, 2004

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_3292559,00.html

"Lou Smit, an investigator for the district attorney's office, said in court documents that he is involved in the ongoing investigation of the case but Fox already has demanded the same records from District Attorney Mary Keenan.

Keenan earlier said Fox wants nearly every record in the district attorney's office, but that the investigation is continuing, making the documents confidential."

BTW, isn't the advertisement in the middle of the article ironic?

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Since Smit is now part of private investigator business group which includes Ollie Gray, a former paid employee of the Ramseys, wouldn't this be considered a conflict of interest?

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely Sabrina! However this is Boulder. Nothing will be done. The only action that will take place is Mary Keenan will probably get her raise.

I swear we could have a videotape of the murder and Keenan would just sit on it.

There is a lot more evidence in this case than in the Peterson case and yet nothing happens.

4. Little

Little Member

I'm glad you brought this up VP. Keenan said that the Boulder DA's office had been the butt of jokes under Hunter. That's as true now as it was then, and for good reason. They've spent nearly 8 years denying the evidence, pandering to the elite and fighting windmills.

Yes Mary, you and your office are the butt of jokes because you have provided all the material. The BPD never had a chance. They were sabatoged by the very administration they had to answer to. They were hung out to dry by the administration that's supposed to support them.

After 8 years of looking for evidence of an intruder nothing has changed. There is no evidence of an intruder because there was no intruder. If someone who did not live in that home had spent that much time in that home, performing all the acts that were performed upon JonBenet, there would be some evidence of it.

I agree Tricia, even if there was a video of the murder I swear they would be claiming it was a fraud, made up of bits and pieces of secret tapes and pieced together by the "real killer".

I hope to heavens I am never so desperate for a pay check and status that I would be able to turn my back on any child and put my self respect on the auction block.

Anyone see some similarities here?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice