What the Globe didn't print. "JOHN RAMSEY KILLED JONBENT" according to Arndt.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

What the Globe did not tell you was Linda Arndt comes right out and says she believes John Ramsey killed JonBenet.

From Arndt’s depo.

Page 25:
    1 Ramsey came up the stairs with JonBenet -
    2 A. In his arms.
    3 Q. That's when you formed the opinion?
    4 A. That's when many things that had not made
    5 sense and were disturbing during the morning made
    6 sense.
    7 Q. All right. So you formed the conclusion he
    8 had done it?
    9 A. It was clear that John had killed JonBenet.
    . . .
    22 Q. And that's when you formed your opinion
    23 that John Ramsey was the perpetrator of this crime?
    24 A. On December 26th, yes.

Why didn’t the Globe have the headline, “Detective says John Ramsey Killed JonBenet.â€

??????

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...read.php?t=5650

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2004
  2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

This is another example of Linda Arndt's lack of professionalism. How do you look at someone and "know" anything for sure? As much as I find LA's impressions fascinating from a case POV, she really steps over the line when she states impression as fact.

3. Tricia

I understand what you are saying Bob. My surprise is why the Globe did not use this sensational information in their story.

4. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Bobc, it is not uncommon for people in law to get gut impressions after years of experience. Arndt is testifying about her gut impression, nothing more. She is not out of line for doing so, based on her cop instincts. Certainly what forensic evidence later became viable in the case supports her gut impression so early on that morning that the Ramsey home was the crime scene, that it was a murder, the RN was bogus and intended to misdirect LE's investigation and that the adult Ramseys are somehow good for it all. I'd call that pretty accurate guts.

Trish, as to why the Globe didn't run with that headline as opposed to the one they did would be difficult to ascertain. Perhaps you need to interview Dawna.....

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Tricia...I like your version better!

Ardnt was there and right or wrong she had the guts instincts to know something was up....I've no doubt John knew JonBenet was dead before he found her.

Not checking on his daughter, calling for an ambulance....nope he took the chance to move her immediately. And as for carrying her like a wooden plank instead of cradling her close to him.....Ardnt knew John did it.

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

right

I don't have a problem with her gut feeling--she may be right--but saying she "knew" is unprofessional and feeds into the crapola that the cops rushing to judgement

7. Elle

Elle Member

Bob, I think one has to also allow for the smell of death which was already present, and policemen are well trained and know by looking at a person as to whether they are close to death, or not. Linda Arndt was right beside the body. She moved it herself. She must have known.

The Globe may have been avoiding a lawsuit, Tricia, and chickened out from putting in that headline (?).

8. Tricia

BINGO. YAHTZEEEEEE. WE HAVE A WINNER.

That's what I think.

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I think this is interesting:

25 Q. So to this day, have you formed an opinion
    Page 29:
    1 as to whether Patsy was involved in the murder of her
    2 daughter?
    3 A. Yes.
    4 Q. And what's that conclusion?
    5 A. That John actually killed his daughter, but
    6 Patsy was involved in presenting the murder as
    7 something other than a murder.

This was a conclusion she came to sometime after the 26th, right? Her immediate impression that day was simply that John had killed his daughter?

I confess, I haven't read her deposition at ACRs. I've been reading there, but not about this. Is Burke mentioned much in it?

10. Elle

Elle Member

JC,

I've been reading the deposition for the last few days off and on, and I haven't come across anything yet, relating to Burke, but Deja will know. I haven't finished it yet. As you can see by some of the pages Deja posted for Tricia, there's a lot of reading in it.

btw I did get a copy of the Globe, and Dawna Kaufman has made a mistake. She states that:

Linda Arndt was the first cop to respond to Patsy and John Ramsey's Dec. 26, 1996 report that their daughter was kidnapped.

She's wrong. It was Officer Rick French who was the first cop to arrive. The 911 call was made at 5:52 am and a despatcher called for patrol unit 273 to respond to 755 15th street. Steve Thomas "JonBenét" PB page 13. Page 16.

The second one -was Sergeant Reichenbach. Page 18

By 6:45 Two victim advocates arrived from the police department. It seems a crime scene technician dusted for prints, and one of the advocates followed her cleaning it up with a spray and a cloth. Unbelievable. A breach of procedure according to Steve Thomas. Page 21

Steve talks about police mistakes piling up at an alarming rate. Page21

Steve states if a tracking dog had been put to work, there was a strong chance it would have picked up the child's scent from her bed. Another error. Page 22

Justice refused to present itself for this little girl. So sad!

Detectives Arndt and Patterson arrived at the Ramsey home at 8:10 am. Page 23.

11. Niner

Niner Active Member

YUP! exactly what I was thinking too!! to avoid that lawsuit...

12. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thanks, Elle. You've caught alot of errors. It just sorta reads to me like perhaps LA had come to a little different conclusion the day she was giving the depo from the morning she saw John carry the body up the stairs.

OK, is it my job to comment on headline spelling. . .

13. Elle

Elle Member

Trouble is JC, it's hard to know if the reporter, Dawna Kaufamn got Linda Arndt's story wrong. Know what I mean? Reporters often quote the wrong information to elaborate on a story.

Anne Bardoch never showed Linda Arndt a copy of what she was planning to write in Vanity Fair, and Linda did state Bardoch got it all wrong. Kind of unfair!

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

People do get things wrong. Earlier this week, I was collecting theatrical costumes from the costumiers. The company is owned by two guys whom I'll call Fred and Bob. They are very close friends LOL :) Anyway, Bob was rushing about collecting together costume accessories for me and I was talking to Fred. I had kind of thought Bob wasn't his usual cheery self and I had almost commented about this but hadn't. I asked Fred if they were planning to go somewhere nice over Christmas and he said he didn't know because Bob's younger brother had had a heart attack just two days previously. Bob is only in his 30s and I was shocked and said "OMG, that's awful". Then Fred started to tell me the story about how Bob's brother had been going to visit their parents and hadn't felt well. By the time he got to the parenst' house, he felt worse and the father had taken one look at him and called an ambulance. Fred then told me that when the ambulance was just minutes away from the hospital, Bob's brother had died. I hadn't expected this ending to the story and I was very shocked and upset. "OMG, that is so terrible" I said, looking at Bob rushing around getting together my costumes. No wonder he wasn't his usual cheery self! Then I was aware of Fred saying "He doesn't remember a thing about it". I wondered who he was talking about and asked "Who doesn't remember a thing about it?"

"Bob's brother". (Wait a minute, I thought, - who died? Have I missed something here?) So I asked Fred "Sorry, Fred, who was it that died?" I was so confused!

"Bob's brother", he replied. (Yep, I'd got that bit right). "But he doesn't remember a thing about it", Fred added. Now I thought he must be talking about the father - had he blacked out with the shock or something. SO I repeated "I'm confused. WHo doesn't remember a thing about it?"

"Bob's brother", Fred replied. "How do you know he doesn't remember anything about it?" I asked cautiously. "He told us", Fred answered.

I guess you are all thinking I am totally stupid by now, but I really thought Fred was going to tell me they'd communicated with Bob's brother through a medium!

"How could he tell you he didn't remember a thing about it if he died?" I decided to clear this up.

"Because they rescusitated him".

The relief was overwhelming! Of course I've heard of people being clinically dead and being brought back to life, but usually, the story is told like "He actually died for 2 minutes" or something like that, but Fred had said "When they were just a couple of minutes away from the hospital, he died" - and stopped there.

If we hadn't continued with the conversation for any reason, I would most definitely have sent Bob a sympathy card and perhaps some flowers.

So yes, people do get their wires crossed and get stories ALL wrong!

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I get things wrong all the time. Like I said Elle caught "alot of errors," and the only error was who arrived first on the scene.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Jayelles,

I'm glad you had the patience to double check Bob's story and ask more questions. So pleased to hear this story did have a happy ending. Glad you didn't send off the flowers too fast! :)

Patsy and John Ramsey deserve an oscar each for theirs.

17. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Ruminating...

After ten years, millions of dollars, dozens of false suspects, and the current John Mark Karr fiasco, John Ramsey is still not off the hook for the murder of his daughter, JonBenet Ramsey.

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

what the heck

I thought Arndt got all buddied up with the Ramsey's and they sent her flowers and later she told ST that she got some sort of amnesia regarding that day.

19. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Lurker,

AMEN TO THAT!

20. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

John did it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice