48 Hours December 18th.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Next week CBS' 48 Hours will do a show about the Ramsey investigation.

I have been told it will focus on what Keenan has been doing for two years. I suggested it be called, "48 Seconds" since I don't think much has been done:)

I don't think we are going to be upset nor will we be thrilled either.

More later. Just a heads up.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Will Miss Jameson be involved this time? If she is, I have some inofrmation regarding a sex glove they might be interested in.

As fate would have it, I just met one of the producers from 48 hrs at a Christmas party last week. She didn't seem to know a thing about the Ramsey case--didn't seem to care about it either. She said it was "just another story."

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

It wouldn't surprise me BobC, 48 hours is a disappointing show lately. I expect them to naively report Tracey's lies.

IMO once the crockementary 48 hours has aired it's biased program, a great backlash will occur. I'll betcha Wecht and Lee go on talk shows to dispute the Tracey lies. Perhaps Helgoth relatives or Gigax will sue.....just don't hire Darnay as he doesn't show up for court.

People are not so intimidated by Woody anymore, and appear sick of the Ramsey Spin Team blaming innocent people.

I'm going to try to watch it, though I've been so busy this Christmas season, if I might miss the show and have to read the transcript.

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Why, I think jameson is writing Tracey's press releases, BobC, because she posted this article about the show:

[] []
    New Documentary On Ramsey Case Produced By CU-Boulder Professor Michael Tracey To Air On National TV
    Dec. 7, 2004
    New evidence in the 1996 JonBenet Ramsey murder case is examined in "Who Killed the Pageant Queen? Suspects" a documentary by Professor Michael Tracey of the University of Colorado at Boulder School of Journalism and Mass Communication.

The documentary will air on the CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" on Dec. 18 and on Court Television in January.
    According to Tracey, a new team of investigators has uncovered dramatic new evidence about the murder, resulting in the identification of a key suspect.

"This compelling evidence points to a new way of thinking about who it was that actually killed JonBenet," Tracey said. "Previously, media leaks about the evidence and absurd theories as to how JonBenet died helped to convince the public that the parents did it. A whole new theory of who should have been investigated - but was not - is at the forefront of the investigation reported in the documentary."

More than 300 journalists descended on Boulder in January 1997 to cover the story, turning "a private tragedy into a public spectacle" and denying the Ramsey's right to be presumed innocent, all based on a cruel and distorted interaction between the media, the judicial system and American culture, Tracey said.

The documentary is the third in a series and was commissioned by ITV, the biggest commercial television network in the United Kingdom, and is co-produced with David Mills, a British independent television producer. It features interviews with investigators and John and Patsy Ramsey.
    The documentary also investigates an assault on another young girl who attended the same dance studio as JonBenet and which Tracey believes is remarkably similar to the events on the night that JonBenet died.

And then she posts this:

Member since 5-8-02
    12-10-04, 02:06 PM (EST)

6. "RE: 48 Hours - December 18th"
    In response to message #5

I goofed.There are two separate programs. One is the Mills/Tracey documentary which will air on Court TV, supposedly in January. CBS has nothing to do with that program.Then there is the 48 Hours program that will air on December 18th. The Ramseys did not give interviews for either program.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

12/08/2004
    Ramsey documentary lacks revelations

By Travis Henry
    The Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — Don’t hold your breath for any blockbuster revelations in a documentary promising to examine “new evidence†in the JonBenet Ramsey homicide investigation.

In a press release issued by the University of Colorado’s media arm, media professor Michael Tracey claims “a new team of investigators has uncovered dramatic new evidence about the murder, resulting in the identification of a key suspect†that will be featured in a documentary he co-produced.

However, District Attorney Mary Keenan, who is in charge of the Ramsey investigation, said no one associated with the documentary interviewed her or investigators in her office.

Keenan also said some of the “new evidence†the documentary will focus on isn’t new at all.

The documentary promises to “investigate an assault on another young girl who attended the same dance studio as JonBenet,†according to Tracey.

“That’s very old news,†Keenan said.

Tracey, who is also a part-time media columnist, produced the documentary for a British television network. It is scheduled to be broadcast in the United States in December on CBS and on Court Television in January.

According to the press release promoting the documentary, Tracey will take a new look at evidence that points away from JonBenet’s parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, as suspects.

“This compelling evidence points to a new way of thinking about who it was that actually killed JonBenet,†Tracey said in the news release. “Previously, media leaks about the evidence and absurd theories as to how JonBenet died helped to convince the public that the parents did it. A whole new theory of who should have been investigated — but was not — is at the forefront of the investigation reported in the documentary.â€

While Tracey is promoting the evidence pointing away from the parents as new, Keenan said publicly in 2003 that evidence in the case suggests that an intruder killed the 6-year-old.

Keenan made her statements after a U.S. district judge threw out a civil case against the Ramseys. Judge Julie Carnes wrote in a 93-page ruling that “the weight of the evidence is more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it is with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did.â€

Carnes’ ruling went into great detail describing the specific evidence that led her to believe an intruder killed JonBenet.

Tracey didn’t respond to phone calls or an e-mail Tuesday afternoon.
    12/08/2004

By Travis Henry
    The Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — Don’t hold your breath for any blockbuster revelations in a documentary promising to examine “new evidence†in the JonBenet Ramsey homicide investigation.

In a press release issued by the University of Colorado’s media arm, media professor Michael Tracey claims “a new team of investigators has uncovered dramatic new evidence about the murder, resulting in the identification of a key suspect†that will be featured in a documentary he co-produced.

However, District Attorney Mary Keenan, who is in charge of the Ramsey investigation, said no one associated with the documentary interviewed her or investigators in her office.

Keenan also said some of the “new evidence†the documentary will focus on isn’t new at all.

The documentary promises to “investigate an assault on another young girl who attended the same dance studio as JonBenet,†according to Tracey.

Tracey, who is also a part-time media columnist, produced the documentary for a British television network. It is scheduled to be broadcast in the United States in December on CBS and on Court Television in January.

According to the press release promoting the documentary, Tracey will take a new look at evidence that points away from JonBenet’s parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, as suspects.

“This compelling evidence points to a new way of thinking about who it was that actually killed JonBenet,†Tracey said in the news release. “Previously, media leaks about the evidence and absurd theories as to how JonBenet died helped to convince the public that the parents did it. A whole new theory of who should have been investigated — but was not — is at the forefront of the investigation reported in the documentary.â€

While Tracey is promoting the evidence pointing away from the parents as new, Keenan said publicly in 2003 that evidence in the case suggests that an intruder killed the 6-year-old.

Keenan made her statements after a U.S. district judge threw out a civil case against the Ramseys. Judge Julie Carnes wrote in a 93-page ruling that “the weight of the evidence is more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it is with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did.â€

Carnes’ ruling went into great detail describing the specific evidence that led her to believe an intruder killed JonBenet.

12/08/2004

By Travis Henry
    The Daily Times-Call

http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail04.asp?ID=6

6. BobC

Michael Tracey is so tired. The woman from 48 Hours that I just met--her name is "Taji" (sp)--didn't know one thing about the case and our conversation on that topic lasted about thirty seconds. It was obvious this was just another here-today, gone tomorrow story. In fact, when I asked her who was the most interesting famous person she'd ever met, she seemed to draw a blank so I asked her if it was true that Dan Rather was really mean and known as "the Dan," and she said no.

I'm sure that journalists are just looking for a new angle to make the case seem fresh or new but we shouldn't interpret that as any kind of conspiracy to help the Ramsey cause. Nobody's fooled.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

In the Daily Times, Henry's 8 Dec article reports on Tracey's 7 Dec press release: "In a press release issued by the University of Colorado’s media arm..." "According to the press release promoting the documentary..."

Tracey's 7 Dec press release clearly states: "It (the documentary) features interviews with investigators and John and Patsy Ramsey." And, "The documentary will air on the CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" on Dec. 18 and on Court Television in January."

Susan Bennett aka jameson's (a part of "the University of Colorado's media arm"?) 10 Dec post: "I goofed. There are two separate programs. One is the Mills/Tracey documentary which will air on Court TV, supposedly in January. CBS has nothing to do with that program.Then there is the 48 Hours program that will air on December 18th. The Ramseys did not give interviews for either program."

Who did she goof for -- Tracey and the University of Colorado's media arm?

8. Little

Little Member

Saunders: JonBenet mystery won't die
    December 14, 2004

It's the Colorado murder mystery that may never be solved. But it's a story that seemingly will never die.

Saturday night's edition of CBS' 48 Hours Mystery (9 p.m., CBS 4) will highlight the third in a series of investigative reports about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, co-produced by Michael Tracey of the University of Colorado Journalism Department.

JonBenet, as the world knows, was found strangled in her Boulder home Dec. 26, 1996.

This film, according to Tracey, looks at new evidence - and a key suspect - based on information uncovered by what Tracey calls "a new team of investigators."

Produced in cooperation with ITV, a major British network, the film also examines an assault on another young girl, who according to the documentary, attended the same dance studio as did 6-year-old JonBenet.

Readers don't have to be reminded about all the details and speculation surrounding the murder that captured the attention of the media, particularly cable television and talk radio.

JonBenet's death, coupled with strong accusations that her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey were involved, was a headline topic for more than a year. And Saturday's CBS network program, because of wide visibility, again will thrust the JonBenet story under intense media scrutiny.

Tracey, meanwhile, sticks to his "absolute belief" that an outside intruder, perhaps a pedophile, killed JonBenet.

Admitting that the crime may never be solved, Tracey says he's hopeful this third documentary might spur further investigations.

Tracey's previous documentaries, aired on A&E and Court TV, were criticized by some who insisted he was making a living regurgitating old facts while attempting to absolve the Ramseys from any connection with the death.

"This will be my last documentary on the case, unless, of course, someone is arrested and charged with the crime," Tracey said.

Tracey is not sure how 48 Hours Mystery will handle his film, which runs less than an hour.

"It's my understanding the series will incorporate our film with other material the network has about the case. But our film is the basis for the program."

Court TV is scheduled to air the film in its entirety sometime in January.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...mnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_84_3396470,00.html

9. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

"'This will be my last documentary on the case, unless, of course, someone is arrested and charged with the crime," Tracey said.'"

Thank God for that! Bring it, Tracey, there WILL be repercussions. :yes:

10. RiverRat

Warning

I've seen this "documentary" and could not live with myself if I didn't warn you that watching this will cause your blood pressure to rise. :hopmad:

It will make you sick to your stomach. :yuck:

A headache is guaranteed. :headache:

Your eyes will pop out of your head. ::shocked2

You will experience homicidal desires as the urge to choke the chit out of Tracy invades your thoughts. :bigstick:

Then your heart will hurt as you witness, once again, the lengths that someone will go to keep this an unsolved murder. :cry:

You've Been Warned.

RR

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  11. Elle

Elle Member

Further investigations could prove the Ramseys guilty, Mr. Tracey! They have to be on the nervous side about this, I'm thinking!

12. Tricia

How right you are RR. It is amazing to me that Tracey has the kahunas to pull this off. Why he hasn't been tossed from teaching is beyond me.

The 48 Hours show WILL NOT SHOW the Tracey crock. It will take bits and pieces from it. That's bad enough but it's the Court TV showing I am worried about.

To read all about the Tracey crock and the transcript please go here.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

That's bad enough but it's the Court TV showing I am worried about.

Let's give Nancy Grace the link to your Tracey info.

14. RiverRat

My Idol.

I want to be Nancy when I grow up.

It would also be a dream come true to have that Lady comment on the Nutty Professor of Boulder.

But she calls it like she sees it - which means that she would also be Lin Wood$ dream come true.

RR

15. Tricia

Here is the press release from CBS for the show.

Tracey and Mills are not going to be in it but interviews with Kukla Fran and Ollie will be.

IN THE JONBENET RAMSEY MURDER HOPE NEW EVIDENCE WILL LEAD TO A BREAK IN THE CASE ON
    “48 HOURS MYSTERY,†SATURDAY, DEC. 18

New evidence that investigators hope will lead to a break in the almost eight–year-old unsolved murder case of JonBenet Ramsey is reported by correspondent Erin Moriarty for 48 HOURS MYSTERY: “JonBenet: Prime Suspects,†to be broadcast Saturday, Dec. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Private investigators John San Augustin and Ollie Gray have been working on the Ramsey case since 1999. San Augustin says, “We’ve gained more information in the last year than probably the prior four or five years. It’s now a whole new era of the JonBenet Ramsey case. We now have evidence that will tell you who the killer is.†San Augustin adds, “What we found was that there were specific DNA samples that pointed to somebody other than the Ramseys.†Ramsey’s parents, Jon and Patsy, have always proclaimed their innocence.

Greg LaBerge of Denver’s police crime lab for forensics says, “I was able to develop a genetic profile that came from a male that was not associated with the case.†Investigators San Augustin and Gray say there is strong evidence the killer may have had an accomplice – largely based on two different boot prints found in the Ramsey’s basement – an may have tried to kill again.

Private investigator Pete Peterson sees many parallels between the Ramsey case and that of another young girl who was attacked and sexually assaulted in the same area nine months later. Peterson, who’s been working for the family of the girl, “Amy†(48 HOURS has agreed not to reveal her real name) says she attended the same dance school as Ramsey, and that she, too, was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her bedroom. Amy’s mother awakened to scare the attacker away.

In silhouette for the broadcast, Amy’s father says, “The first thing that occurred to us was that it was parallel to the Ramsey case because it was exactly the same situation.†He continues, “When I told the police detectives about the information I had [following the attack], they were completely uninterested in it.†In fact, the Boulder police dismissed any links to the Ramsey case and didn’t bother to make a composite sketch of the intruder based on the mother’s eyewitness description.

Peterson, who kept surveillance in the victims’ community for weeks, noticed that groups of individuals, some with a history of burglary and theft, seemed to be casing the area. Peterson says he found that some of them had at one time worked at the Ramsey home.

The DNA collected from the crime scene, which appears to completely clear the Ramseys, is now being used to check out dozens of suspects who were ignored for years. 48 HOURS has learned that investigators are tracking down “people of interest†in the Ramsey case and demanding a DNA sample from their mouths.

48 HOURS MYSTERY: “JonBenet: Prime Suspects†is produced by Doug Longhini and Josh Gelman. The executive editor is Al Briganti and the executive producer is Susan Zirinsky.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

16. Tricia

In other words, the 48 Hours program is NOT showing the crock. The show will have some of the interviews from the crock. That's it.

And would you look at this? In Tracey's press release he says 48 Hours is showing his crock.

"The documentary will air on the CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" on Dec. 18 and on Court Television in January."
    http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2004/385.html

This is not true. Tracey is, once again, playing fast and loose with the truth.

The 48 Hours show is the production of the news department at CBS. They only utilize some of the interviews from the crock.

One other thing. I think it's darn rude of 48 Hours to show this on the night of my birthday party. It's hard enough facing 40+osiheohg years but NOW THIS? ;)

17. Little

Little Member

Video sleuth
    By ERIN WIGGINS Colorado Daily Staff Writer

It will be eight years this Christmas since a six-year-old Boulder beauty queen was murdered, but that doesn't change the fact that a few people are still hoping to solve it.

CU-Boulder journalism professor Michael Tracey, who has followed the case for years, is releasing his third and final documentary on the JonBenet Ramsey murder, which will air nationally on CBS' "48 Hours" this Saturday.

Despite the fact that the still-unsolved Ramsey case has slipped off the national and local radar, Tracey said he thinks there may be enough new and old evidence to give the case another look.

"There were a number of really interesting suspects who were never investigated," Tracey said from his CU-Boulder office Thursday. "There were two known pedophiles living on 15th Street at the time of the murder that were never interviewed."

Tracey said there is key forensic evidence that one key suspect, Boulder 1997 suicide victim Michael Helgoth, may have also played a role.

"There was also a really interesting assault with a girl in September '97 that was never properly investigated with some remarkable similarities to JonBenet," he said. "The father makes a very, very powerful indictment in the way in which he was treated and the way in which the assault on his daughter was never investigated."

Tracey said these issues were never investigated properly because the Boulder police and the District Attorney's office - who declined to take part in his latest media venture - decided they should focus on the victim's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey.

Boulder Police spokeswoman Julie Brooks said the case is no longer under the jurisdiction of the police. She said since she has only been with the force a few months, she did not know of any documentary or refusal to comment by police.

Tracey said he has been working on the piece for about two years.

"We don't comment on (the Ramsey case) anymore," said Brooks.

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner was under fire for some time on how police handled the Ramsey case, but in recent years, that scandal has died down. In 2003, a federal judge in Atlanta exonerated the Ramseys from the murder through DNA tests and the family now lives in Michigan. John Ramsey ran a failed campaign for that state's House of Representatives this past year.

Tracey said he thinks what happened to the Ramseys is unfair and said he thinks the case's overwhelming national media attention may have affected local law enforcement's ability to do its job. He said his first film in 1998 "took apart the media story" and claimed local and national news originations sensationalized flawed information.

"It had sex, it had death, it had a pretty girl, it had the American Dream gone wrong," he said. "It had a millionaire-billionaire father, the ex-beauty queen wife. ... It was just perfect in the terms of the kind of tabloid values we find in American journalism."

Tracey said while he doesn't expect any new arrests or public discourse over the issue, he said he is still hopeful. When the CBS News program "48 Hours" film visited the Pearl Street Mall on Dec. 1, most passersby were fairly uninspired when they saw that the cameras and news anchors were in town for such old news.

"This is just one last effort to really try and solve this crime," Tracey said. "Whoever did this, and I personally believe it's more than one person, is getting away with it."

http://www.coloradodaily.com/articles/2004/12/17/news/news04.txt

18. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

He sure has changed his tune --now it's a "number of suspects" where in the crock it's all Helgoth and his "associate". The crock discusses the dance studio attack but is not clear on the time frame in which it occured- which made it impossible for Helgoth or the associate to commit. Helgoth was dead and the associate was nowhere near Colorado, and on probation where his locale was known to authorities.

"Key forensic evidence" linking Helgoth consists of a boot which does not match, and the fact that he owned a stun gun like thousands of other people? There is no conclusive proof a stun gun was used, it is an UNPROVEN THEORY, weak at best, and would be laughed away in court like Geragoes' doctor's testimony.

So 48 Hours is focusing on the DNA...I sure hope they mention the analysis which was done on sealed panty packages which contained DNA from the factory workers.

Sorry this is running the same night as Tricia's birthday party. Since most of the American public will be at Christmas parties on the Saturday night before Christmas, there should be a very low viewership anyway.

19. BobC

Don't worry about the birthday, Trasha. I too am in my twilight years. I'm older than some mountain ranges.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

?????????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice