New 48 Hours Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi All,

I am starting this thread for those of us who will watch the 48 Hours show tonight.

I really need everyone to help. Here's what to do.

When you watch the show take notes as to what they are claiming. Bring the claim here and then post the rebuttal. Make sure your rebuttal is backed up with facts and interviews. Make is short and sweet.

I need you all to help. I'll explain a bit later as to why but it will be good:)

Thanks,
    Tricia

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I can't help out with this one, but I'll read everyone else's posts.

Have a great evening Tricia.

3. Tricia

I just had a phone call from my friend back east. He said, "Hey it looks like the Ramseys are innocent, They know who killed JBR and it wasn't them."

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Thank you. I feel better now

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Who's "they?" This is news to Robert Ressler, Henry Lee, Greg McCrary, and many others.

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

And don't forget Tom Bennet and Mary Keenan, the official investigators! It's news to them too!

6. Tricia

BobC, that's the problem with the general public. Those people who only follow the Ramsey case by the latest headlines.

My friend thinks "They" have solved the case and "they know who the real killers are." That's all he heard when the teaser for 48 Hours came on. That's what he will remember.

Therein lies the problem.

7. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

There was Sketch Man, then Boat Man, then Boot Man. And a hodgepodge of others over the last 8 years to fill in the face of Lou Smit’s intruder theory.

Ignored by Lou Smit, my all time favorite perp du jour in the Ramsey case has got to be Santa Bear. He is the only known creature that stirred in the house that night, and for many, many hours in the Ramseys’ absence, in order to wander around to gather up all the supplies he would need to cover his tracks. Consider these facts:

-Santa Bear’s origins are sketchy (could some FFJ artist pencil up a Bear Man etching please), although it is rumored he was manufactured in a foreign factory and sold at many US department stores, all where many poor uneducated workers and bored little kids often used his fur to clean various body parts. According to My Twin Doll, one of JonBenet's Christmas Day playmates in the Ramsey home indeed did use Santa Bear to wipe his little nose. This could account for the mystery DNA found on JonBenet’s body.

-No fingerprints other than LE’s were found on the ransom note. This could mean that whomever wrote it had hands, or paws, made out of fiber instead. Was the ransom note tested for fiber evidence?

-Santa Bear was alleged to be wearing one of the earrings, the mate to which went missing but was later allegedly found in the gutter outside the home, that JonBenet had worn in her last pageant appearance. Santa Bear is a well-known cross dresser seen many times wandering within a two mile radius of the Ramsey home according to my only case source, John KenIPee (when I can catch him sober and out of jail). Various members of the Paugh family have confirmed this.

-Santa Bear came bearing a secret note in his paws for JonBenet’s eyes only that was found in the waste basket in JonBenet’s room. Thus, Santa Bear could easily be the “secret santa†spoken of by JonBenet to her friend’s mom just days before her death.

-Santa Bear was a known bedmate of JonBenet’s and has been photographed as being present in her room the night she was killed.

-Santa Bear would be a “friendly†to JonBenet and would not need to use a stun gun or any coersive tactics to manipulate her in any way.

-It is rumored by Susan Stine that Santa Bear loves pineapple and is extremely gifted at imitating human handwriting. Mark Beckner, a former employee under (literally?) Mrs. Stine refuses to comment on this information.

-At all times in the few days before JonBenet’s death, Santa Bear was in the home and therefore first hand witness to its activities, including AG party conversations regarding the $118,000 Christmas bonus received by John Ramsey.

-It has been alleged by my case source's former friend, Senor Juan Pickax, that Santa Bear had a secret sex life and was a known attendant at very hush-hush holiday pedophile parties hosted by Boulder elite. This testimony has been further corroborated by a former Barbie beauty contestant that, in the years before she was born, she and her mini poodle Todo were often the entertainment at such parties in Boulder as well as the Phillipino toy factory where Santa Bear came to life.

-Animal hairs that may be consistent with Santa Bear’s fur were found stuck to JonBenet’s hand at the crime scene.

-Crime scene photos of Santa Bear depict him wearing an outfit colored consistently with the unmatched fibers at the crime scene.

-According to sensational, never before released statements made by Burke Ramsey in his police interview (according to the National Enquirer who bought it from a monkey-boy space alien), Santa Bear was often found running around the Ramsey home in Burke’s Hi-Tec boots with pocket knife in hand to whittle ingenious little animals, similar to origami, out of nylon craft rope and duct tape. He loved to ride the toy train in the basement train room as well.

-It is conjectured by numerous forensic psychiatrists consulting on the case that Santa Bear has serious unresolved origin issues with an overlying obsession for constant public adoration. The clock on the wall in JonBenet’s room offered evidence to BPD that it overheard Santa Bear talking to himself that very night, in a jealous rage that JonBenet’s interest on Christmas had turned to My Twin Doll while poor Santa Bear was left abandoned in her room the entire day and evening. Or that it was just "negative energy" emanating from Santa Bear in his deep depression.

-S.B.T.C. = Santa Bear The Culprit.

-Santa Bear’s whereabouts have been unknown since Pam Paugh ransacked the Ramsey home days following the murder and may be in the company of wandering convicted/unconvicted beatnik hippie druggie alcoholic burglarizing molesting homeless nazi ninja pedophile misogynist homicidal biker gang members (or any combination thereof) and their coyote companions, now that his former best friend, Michael Helhathnofury, has moved on.

Boulder police ignored this most obvious evidence linking Santa Bear to the crime and refused to collect his DNA evidence because, as we all know, BPD is obsessed with the Ramsey adults.

If you know anything about Santa Bear that could lead to his questioning and possible arrest, the Ramseys via Lou Smit are offering a $1M reward. My detectives are on his trail to forcibly swab his dirty little mouth as we speak. Please call today or immediately notify ABC and Court TV for immediate talking head discussion.

I’m beginning to feel like Jeff Johnson, but the point is that this theory is as ridiculous as every other intruder theory advanced in this case. It should get the same media coverage as all the others. If that's all it takes to get the public to believe in fantasy then, Trish, prepare a press release!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

During the 6:00 news, CBS said they have "uncovered NEW evidence" which could solve the case! They cited the DNA, TWO footprints (they said maybe there were TWO intruders) and the atttack of the 14 year old. (which was NOT the same M.O.-- hey, where is the ransom note? LOL)

No Tracey was mentioned. No Mary Keenan. Just "CBS 48 HOURS". Just like Dan Rather of the same network, they intend on minsinforming the public in this show, and they are TAKING credit for "uncovering" this "NEW" evidence.

Too bad Mary Keenan is tight lipped. but I sure hope she makes some sort of statement tomorrow which will embarass those purveyers of fraud at CBS.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I know Tricia--but most people (maybe I'm being too generous here) aren't gonna swallow this. For me, the bigger issue is that networks are cow-towing to a libel lawyer rather than doing their job. Henry Lee's book came out just two months ago, and it was completely damning to the Ramseys, and you never heard a thing in the press about it. That is so wrong. It's all about money.

10. Tricia

Boulder Police brushed aside thousands of leads to focus on the Ramseys.

We need the official count of how many people the BPD investigated.

Anyone have this handy?

11. Tricia

Rope. the rope in John Andrews bedroom. We know they used this rope before in a photo shoot for JBR. We have the pictures.

Said "Investigators are focusing on "Two suspects" and they are not looking at the parents.

What investigators? Not the ones with the D.A's office.

12. Little

Little Member

Well, I didn't learn anything new, it seemed to be regurgitating the same old same old. CBS just sort of recycled and reformatted what's been out there for the past several years. I'm not sure what the C stands for, but I have a good idea what the BS stands for now.

Perhaps the next time they should sit around the camp fire and pass around a flashlight to shine on their face as they speak in those hushed voices! The hushed voices really sell you know - it enhances the value of the statement that there was some rope in John Andrew's bedroom where Patsy was packing for their trip to Michigan. Erin's wide-eyed excitement just didn't close the deal on any of the Ramsey's paid help's theories, but she did her high-school drama class best, I'll give her that much. Well, after all, that Peterson guy did find someone who could write - and whomever wrote the bogus ransom note could write - so what the hey!

Maybe if I watch it again I will find a shred of something that was hyped and promised and teased in the pre-game promos.

Little

13. Little

Little Member

Tricia, here are some stats:
    The Denver Channel
    POSTED: 7:02 a.m. MST December 18, 2001
    UPDATED: 2:00 p.m. MST December 18, 2001

• Number of people formally interviewed to date: More than 650
    • Number of outside experts and consultants utilized to date: More than 60
    • Number of persons investigated as possible suspects to date: About 140
    • Number of items of evidence logged into property to date: About 1,400
    • Approximate size of investigative case file to date: About 43,000 pages
    • Number of phone tips: About 5,300
    • Number of letters received in reference to Ramsey case: More than 4,800
    • Number of states investigation has taken PD to: 18
    • Total cost of investigation for Boulder PD: $1,705,251.21
    • Number of suspects identified by Boulder PD: 0
    • Total reward offered by Ramsey family: $100,000
    • Total amount given to Boulder Crimestoppers by Ramsey Foundation: $769
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/1130756/detail.html

14. Little

Little Member

Here are a few more stats.

"To give you some perspective of the enormity of this investigation and the effort that has been put forth in solving this case, let me give you some statistics. Since we began our investigation in December, 1996, we have formally interviewed 590 people, some more than once; we have utilized 64 outside experts and consultants; we have investigated 68 people as possible suspects, plus an additional 54 convicted sex offenders as possible suspects; we have logged 1,058 items of evidence into property; over 500 pieces of evidence have been tested through federal, state and private labs; we conducted the investigation in 17 states; we have received approximately 3,400 letters and 700 phone tips; and we have spent approximately 22,000 hours investigating the case. Through the 28th of May we have spent $282,180 to cover overtime, travel and investigative expenses on this case."
    http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/comm/pressrelease/RAMSEY/pr980602.html

15. Tricia

Little, I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU

Here is the "mystery rope."

Attached Files:

16. Tricia

This picture was taken in the Ramsey hallway. You can see the rope.

Attached Files:

17. Tricia

WOW. I just finished watching the show.

This is 100 percent so different than the Tracey crock I can't even tell you.

Jayelles, Why_Nut and FFJ'ers you should all feel very proud.

Had we not exposed Michael Tracey's lie about the "Prime Suspect" this 48 Hours program would have been a lot different.

We would have seen a show that focused on the "Prime Suspect" without ever naming him. We would have seen a show with interviews with the "suspects" friends saying how awful he was. We would have seen the "suspect's" home, we would have heard about his past, and he would have been fingered as THE SUSPECT, THE KILLER, of JonBenet.

But because FFJ exposed Tracey's plan, and we contacted Tom Bennett of the Boulder D.A.'s office who told us this "suspect" was no such thing and was not even considered a suspect, the 48 Hours program was gutted and reduced to rehasing old info and throwing in a few new interviews.

One more thing. This just shows how Michael Tracey is such a liar.

The producer of the 48 Hours show wrote me an email. Out of the blue. Here is part of the unsolicited email. Bold is mine.

"Also, as I wrote before, CBS is responsible for this story, not Michael
    Tracey, not David Mills. Mr. Tracey and Mr. Mills have not been shown any
    scripts of the program. They will see the program for the first time when
    the rest of the country sees the program
    (9pm in the mountain time zone).
    We are using parts of certain interviews they did, but we have selected
    what sound bites we would use. Neither Mr. Tracey nor Mr. Mills know what
    sound bites we have selected.

I just wanted to clarify things. Whether you and the other participants
    in Forums For Justice like, hate, or are indifferent to our program, it is
    a CBS program. It is not a re-run of the Mills/Tracey British
    documentary."

Now from Tracey's press release.

The documentary will air on the CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" on Dec. 18 and on Court Television in January.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2004/385.html

Let me repeat myself. The 48 Hours show WAS NOT the Tracey crock. Not even close. They used one quick interview with Kenady and a few of the JonBenet pageant snippits and that's about it.

I hope Michael Tracey is totally humilated. I can only imagine his anger as he watched the show, for the first time, and saw his great "prime suspect" gutted to something that didn't even resemble what he set out to do.

I hope CBS News knows they got taken. I bet they bought the crock before we exposed it for what it was.

By the way, the Peterson P.I. WAS NOT in Tracey's crock. Neither was the "suspect" they showed with his faced blurred out. Hey they had to add some filler since Tracey's crock was exposed.

Now we need to go about the business of the rebuttal. I will make sure it gets in the right hands.

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Tricia: “'Boulder Police brushed aside thousands of leads to focus on the Ramseys.' We need the official count of how many people the BPD investigated. Anyone have this handy?â€

The Official Boulder Press Release statistics:

Memo
    TO: Mark R. Beckner, Chief of Police
    DATE: December 17, 2001
    SUBJ: Expenses related to Ramsey Homicide

1996 expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    Overtime Expenses (604.75 Hrs.) $ 20,340.80
    Travel Expenses $ 248.38
    Investigative Expense $ 788.55
    Total Expenditures for 1966 $ 21,377.73

1997 Expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    On-duty Salary Expense $308,630.81
    Overtime Expense (3,929.5 Hours) $134,621.66
    Travel Expenses through 12-31-97 $ 57,392.46
    Investigative Expense through 12-31-97 $ 30,830.08
    Total Expenditures for 1997 $531,475.01

1998 Expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    On-duty Salary Expense - P.P.#26 $562,149.72
    Overtime Expense 954 Hours $ 37,541.46
    Travel Expenses through 12-31-98 $ 11,319.01
    Investigative Expense through 12-31-98 $ 19,946.74
    Total Expenditures for 1998 $630,956.93

1999 Expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    On-duty Salary Expense - P.P.#25 $220,780.26
    Overtime Expense (218.75 Hours) $ 10,554.11
    Travel Expenses through 12-30-99 $ 3,842.91
    Investigative Expense through 12-30-99 $ 3,010.70
    Total Expenditures for 1999 $238,187.98

2000 Expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    On-duty Salary Expense - P.P.#26 $133,648.28
    Overtime Expense $ 4,898.78
    Travel Expenses through 12-31-2000 $ 3,157.00
    Investigative Expense $ 4,369.25
    Total Expenditures for 2000 $ 146,073.31

2001 Expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation:
    On-duty Salary Expense (through 12/17/01) $133,624.66
    Overtime Expense (through 12/17/01)
    I $ 3,005.59
    Investigative Expense $ 550.00
    Total Expenditures for 2001 $ 137,180.25

Total expenditures related to Ramsey Homicide Investigation for 1996, 97,
    98, 99, 2000, 2001: $1,705,251.21

(Does not include on duty costs of investigation for Management Exempt employees, such as Chief, Commander and Legal Advisor)

19. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Another official Boulder Press Release re extent of BPD investigation (You will recall shortly after this press release was issued, the case was officially removed from BPD custody into the hands of the BDA so there would not be any further updates to these stats):

Dec. 17, 2001
    Jennifer Bray, Media Relations, (303) 441-3090
    City Web site: http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/

Ramsey Update #84

Police mark fifth anniversary of investigation As the fifth anniversary of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey approaches, Boulder Police have compiled updated statistical information related to the case.

• Number of people formally interviewed to date: More than 650
    Note: many have been interviewed more than one time

• Number of outside experts and consultants utilized to date: More than 60

• Number of persons investigated as possible suspects to date: About 140

• Number of items of evidence logged into property to date: About 1,400

• Approximate size of investigative case file to date: About 43,000 pages

• Number of phone tips: About 5,300

• Number of letters received in reference to Ramsey case: More than 4,800

• Number of states investigation has taken PD to: 18

• Total cost of investigation for Boulder PD: $1,705,251.21

The case remains an open, active investigation, with up to four detectives working on the case on an as-needed basis. The work includes following up on tips received, reviewing the case file, occasional laboratory analysis, and keeping current on new forensic technologies that may assist the case.

"Any homicide, but particularly the death of a small child, has a tremendous impact on the community," Police Chief Mark Beckner said. "We know that there are some cases we will never bring to a resolution. We also know that there are some cases we solve many years after the crime. We will never give up hope for finding justice in this case."

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Both the above official press releases are readily available at the City of Boulder website. Moriarity and her producers should have checked out their sources before final airing to ensure accuracy of commentary. Clearly they did not.

I watched the 48 Hours Mystery report tonight and you are right, Trish. The only portions of Tracey's crock used in it were interview snippets with Kenady and the Ramseys. And there was no mention of Gigax including the vulgar display of his criminal records barely redacted. They also included commentary that Helgoth's DNA and Hi-Tec boots (if they even WERE Helgoths) were tested and did not match the Ramsey case evidence. It was good to know Gary Olivia's and the candy cane fanatic's DNA were not matches either. What CBS documented was that nothing that Lou Smit, Ollie Gray and St. Augustin have presented as evidence to back up their claims of intruders, and now two of them, have ever panned out. This revelation only supports the BPD's disinterest in pursuing an entire battery of petty criminals in the Boulder area to preserve manpower and city funds to properly investigate all the other more directly related leads. This speaks volumes about the merits of these "independent" detectives' investigation into all these bad dudes in Boulder. It further documents that in 8 years these same detectives have utterly failed to produce any evidence that exhonerates the Ramseys or prove any intruder theory much less a "sadist pedophile" Loose Mitts is still hunting.

The mystery DNA found mixed in JB's blood on her panties remains a mystery, but as LaBerge said, cannot be taken to stand alone to exhonerate the Ramseys or identify any suspect.

What I take most issue with in tonight's show was the claim that they have a complete genetic profile of the unknown male DNA donor. When last I researched this issue over the summer, LaBerge lacked sufficient markers to make that mystery DNA viable enough to match anyone, as was proven out by CODIS. Has something changed that, until tonight, has never been revealed by the media and RST?

And again, as I posted on the other 48 Hours thread, all of this information and all of these suspects have been well known to the Ramseys, their investigators, and the BDA for at least the last 4 years. There's nothing "new" and certainly nothing at all exhonerating the Ramseys from anything.

I strongly believe the only purpose of tonight's 48 Hours Mystery show was to "prove" that the BDA's investigation is still ongoing and active, with "hundreds" of potential leads yet to be swabbed and only "two part time detectives" assigned to the undertaking. This would be offered in support of everyone's motions to quash subpoenas for case records in the event the case is not dismissed (which apparently Lin Wood, these detectives and the BDA don't feel strongly enough about not to prepare for the next round of hearings on the quash motions).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice