Eight Years Ago Tonight

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

So hard to believe. Eight years ago JonBenet Ramsey died and the world became riveted with her case.

There is so much I can say about the crime and what has transpired since December 25/26 1996. However, I would like to keep it short and sweet.

Many of you are discouraged at the turn of events in the media as was I for a bit. I threw my hands up in the air until it hit me.

I realized that there is strength in numbers and we still have thousands of people reading and posting at FFJ. We can overcome this latest media let down and get the truth out. No doubt in my mind. You can’t give up. Promise me you won’t and I will promise you the same.

It’s hard to comprehend how this case has turned into so much more than the tragic death of JonBenet. It has turned into a total con (Thank you Easy Writer) on the world.

People like Lin Wood lying outright and left unchallenged by the media. Thank you Katie Couragelack.

A District Attorney that lacks the guts to stand up to this white trash of a lawyer. This story is never covered by the media

Parents of JonBenet Ramsey getting away with naming innocent people as suspects in “that child’s†murder. Yet the “watch dog†media does nothing but cater to these pitiful excuses for parents. Don’t even get me started on how they constantly try to manipulate the media, the law, and the people of the world. The Ramseys have succeeded in 2 out of 3. Manipulating the media and the law. It’s the world that can see through them. Can see their “con."

This brings me back to FFJ.

The year 2005 is going to be a good one for justice. I can feel it. But it can’t happen without your support. We have built a great on-line community. Now we need to buckle down and focus more than ever. Let’s not let the Ramseys get away this anymore. We can come out swinging. It is “we.†There is a great power in our numbers.

On this night I think of people like the Whites. Fantastic people who truly care about justice.

Michael Kane. The man I still believe will be the one person who will, at some point, step up to the plate and set the record straight.

Steve Thomas. God bless him. He told the truth in his book. Can you imagine how difficult it must be for him to watch this latest crap. I only hope he doesn’t have a TV.

Mostly, I think of JonBenet Ramsey. Her bright future. Her last thoughts. And just what in the name of God really happened eight years ago tonight.

It wasn't an intruder. It was someone she loved. Someone she trusted. Someone that lived that house.

We won't let JonBenet down.

2. Little

Little Member

Thank you Tricia,

I think many of us try to delude ourselves that we are just going to throw in the towel, yet, we all come back with more determination and resolve.

The collateral damage done to the people you mentioned is sad, to say the least, but I have never gotten the impression that it’s a price they were not willing to pay in their honest pursuit for truth. The number of people who have been trampled upon in the Ramsey rush to escape from what happened to JonBenet and “get on with their lives" is probably greater than we will ever know.

What happened to JonBenet was tragic, the events after her death heaped more tragedies upon her. I wonder, at what point in time after her death, that point of no return was reached. The decisions her parents made turned an already tragic event into an even more tragic story of the perversion of justice.

Little

3. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Tricia:

It’s hard to comprehend how this case has turned into so much
    more than the tragic death of JonBenet. It has turned into a
    total con (Thank you Easy Writer) on the world.

People like Lin Wood lying outright and left unchallenged by the
    media. Thank you Katie Couragelack.â€

The key phrase is “left unchallenged by the media.†The key
    question is how to overcome this. I am compelled to admit, I
    don’t know. Aside from the many revealing posts, how many
    contacts of media and LE have been made by forum members with the
    information just ignored? This tells me they know they are flying
    with fallacy and want to keep on doing it. They know that the
    whole thing will fall apart if any challenge is allowed.

It is the worst of conditions. LE in charge, i.e., DA, Mary
    Keenan, is a Ramsey\Wood puppet. The media milks the fallacy to
    the max to sell magazines, newspapers, or to up the audience for
    tv rating increase. Mary Keenan knows full well there is no
    evidence of an intruder, but will not publicly say so, nor say
    there is evidence of an intruder. Even the 48 HOURS nonsense
    served only for a partial denouncement, then the DA’s office went
    back into hiding.

The myth that was allowed to start by money\political favoritism
    and LE incompetence grew so fast and large, it became self-
    perpetuating and self-protecting. Neither LE, nor the media will
    admit the truth and admit serious error. How is LE going to
    explain the expenditure of millions of dollars with nothing to
    show for it? A close look at the facts will reveal there was not
    a single shred of evidence to warrant looking outside of the
    Ramsey household; not a iota of justification for the
    expenditure.

It is crystal clear that current intent is to keep the con going
    until there is no longer any interest and they won’t have to
    explain the embarrassing truth. This is why Keenan and Company
    were so upset with the 48 Hours program. Not only did it renew
    interest, it pointed to them as incompetent; and they had
    absolutely nothing to show otherwise.

The media is caught up in and trapped by the same general
    conditions. The garbage they fed the general public is so foul,
    they, like Keenan, will do just about anything to keep the con
    going and keep the unflattering, rating-shattering truth hidden.

Any one of the media had the option from the beginning to find
    out they truth and publish it. None chose to do so. This is not a
    deep and complex case that takes a lot of work and a “deep
    throat†insider to expose covert operations. The indisputable
    evidence of Ramsey guilt has been and still is right on the
    surface. The attitude is that they don’t want the truth. They
    seek only “dollar mileage†out of whatever fallacy has audience
    appeal. This is the only competition in the media.

To be blunt, there are such monetary fools that they could not
    foresee that the pursuit of fallacy would come back to bite. They
    built up the myth of Ramsey innocence with such thoroughness and
    such scope that it served as a basis for endless lawsuits if any
    dared to even remotely suggest Ramsey guilt. Certainly, the suit
    against Fox News is evidence of this.

In a way, I have to laugh at their shortsightedness that have put
    them in this pickle. On the other hand, it’s disgusting to know
    they have created their own media cesspool and are now drowning
    in their own creation rather than face the errors and face the
    consequence to set the record straight.

I am thoroughly convinced were it not for this forum and a few
    others who keep challenging the Ramsey-serving propaganda, there
    would be a pall of silence over the whole scene and it would be
    buried forever. Even though not in a funny situation at all, it
    is in a sad way amusing to observe the big and powerful media
    measuring their words to avoid being sued by Woods while the
    members of this Forum speak freely and without fear of reprisal.

We all know that Wood is not about to walk into this hornet nest
    of truth. Among the forum members, there is not a single area of
    the case that is not known in infinite detail. Not only do we
    have the truth, Wood and his minions are outmatched in argument
    structure and legal knowhow. Were it that Wood would be so
    foolish to file a Complaint against the lot, he is dead in the
    water from the git go.

Personally, I would not seek any outside legal help. I would be
    more that comfortable turning over the legal aspect to Deja Nu
    with each Forum member contributing in whatever measure
    necessary. (Personal note: I have dealt with literally dozens of
    lawyers from small town variety, the president of one of the
    largest and most prestigious firms in the south, (fired him) and
    with the top corporate echelon; not to mention taking the JQC
    down a peg or two. I would rather have Deja in my corner than the
    lot of them.}

We all know a Wood suit is not going to happen. As a friend of
    mine used to say, “He knows big timber from brush.†Wood will
    keep his distance. LE is a stone wall with the power of
    compulsion that we are not likely to breach. This leaves the
    media to dispense the truth and come down hard on LE. This comes
    back to the question of how. I (and others) have tried a variety
    of tactics that have not worked. Suggestions?

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I'm discouraged...thanks for reminding me we do have some hope with the upcoming Fox trial.

Easy writer....may Katie Couric be made a fool of, by some up and coming brave reporter. All we need is one to get the ball rolling.

Did John and Patsy have nightmare's Christmas night? Dreaming of the tragedy they caused? Or did they sleep as deeply as they claimed 8 years earlier? Knowing 'that child' had fulfilled her purpose? Probably...since Patsy needs Christmas more than anything.

One question I'd REALLY like to know.

Did the Ramsey's actually turn on the security system this year? 'Member the killer is still on the loose....ready to kidnap or burglar the Rams at any time.

5. EasyWriter

6. Tricia

Easy Writer wrote:

The key phrase is “left unchallenged by the media.†The key
    question is how to overcome this. I am compelled to admit, I
    don’t know.

Easy Writer, I agree the question is, "how to overcome this."

We will. I promise we will. I can't say how right now but it will happen. Before it happens I will need everyone to pitch in and help.

Sorry to be so vague but I don't want to show our hand yet. ;)

EW, you are correct in saying Lin Wood wouldn't dare take any of us on. First, the Internet is protected even stronger than any other media as far as free speech laws. If Wood ever tried to sue you can bet we would have the biggest line of lawyers waiting to help us out. The Internet is rabidly protected by people. No one, not even Wood, would dare touch it.

More importantly, we have the truth on our side. Something Team Ramsey hates.

2005 is going to be JonBenet's year. We are stronger and healthier than we have ever been.

I would like to bring this thread back up in 6 months and see what we have accomplished in that time.

There is a story to tell. It's compelling, emotional, and frustrating. The story started with the murder of JonBenet. JonBenet was the seed that led to this "con." However only half of the story is being told.

2005 will be the year the second half, the good half, of the story will be told.

7. Tricia

P.S. I am not writing a book. LOL.

8. EasyWriter

Why not? Peggy's book has more truth about the case than all the other books combined. A tandem book bringing out more truth, including the stonewalling by LE and the media, would help the general public understand how they have been maipulated by the RST and accomplices.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think you should. I think there are several people who have a unique perspective of the case. Perhaps their stories wouldn't be enough for a whole book, but a book with a section for each would be fascinating.

10. Tricia

Thanks you guys,

The reason I am not writing a book is simple. When the rumor started that I was writing a book I stopped that rumor with the truth. I am not writing a book about the case. I don't ever want people I know to worry about what they say might end up in a book.

Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like Keenan talks to me and reveals things. LOL. Not at all. I don't know any more than all of you.

Peggy's book was fantastic. I bought a bunch of copies myself. I admire her greatly. What she did was no easy task.

I once heard a story about William Randolph Hearst. I have no idea if it's true but the essence of the story applies to us.

Hearst owned major newspapers across the nation in the 1920's and 30's. One day someone was complaining that there just wasn't enough news to write about, to fill one of the papers.

Hearst grabbed a shotgun and shot it out a window. He said, "There! Now you have news."

It's up to us to blast out the windows of this story. We can do it.

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Trish, thank you so much for your encouragement and inspiration. I do believe this new year will see great developments in this case and look forward to the forum discussions it will produce.

EW, thank you too for such confidence and kind words. But there are many here who deserve it, including you. We have all worked very hard to get the truths out in this case and I believe the truth will set JonBenet free.

The wheels of justice, and grace, grind slowly, but they do grind. Let us all be renewed and reinvigorated in this waiting season so that we are fit and ready for the challenges that lay ahead.

12. Little

Little Member

Great posts! It's not too late for this to turn around. Truthfully, I have wondered what would happen if all the players in this story were to gather together and start to compare notes and ask each other questions. "What were you asked to do?" "When did you begin to suspect that things were not what you were being led to believe they were?"

It's not easy for people to admit they've been duped. It's probably even more difficult to admit you were an unwitting pawn and attempt to right the wrongs that have been done in this case, but it's not impossible. The things people were asked to do may have seemed insignificant; perhaps they didn’t even have any idea it involved the JonBenet case until it was too late; perhaps they still don’t realize they played a part; perhaps they don’t care because they received some personal gain.

It’s quite a mystery to me how this has gone on as long as it has, how it has been give free access to the flow of information and the manipulation of such. Personally, I think the story is bigger than anyone would ever suspect - an enigma wrapped up in a puzzle.

If there’s ever anything I can do Tricia just give a yell - you don’t even have to tell me what my part is as long as I know what the goal is.

Little

13. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia, I enjoy your enthusiam,

and wish with all my heart that this will be the year for truth!

Now having said that I have come back often to the mistakes that LE made that fateful morning. Is there any way that at least some of it can be undone? No, of course not but by that I mean is there a way to get around it? I keep coming back to the carload of items that crazy Aunt Pam took from the house and under the very nose of LE who helped her load it into the car. Right there may be some of "THE" vital clues that would solve the case. But now they are gone...forever. But wait! There are many other things that are present such as fibers left here and there. You know not much has been made out of those fibers. It seems DNA has taken over at center stage and we all know what a crock that is going to be. I continue to go back to Dr. Henry Lee...his expertise is without question concerning DNA. He says, "not a DNA case" and I believe him.

I think the main obstacle here to it all is L Woodstock and his band of merry law suits against anyone and everyone who utters a word against the parents. But have you noticed lately he is absent from the news and filing more lawsuits. Not much is heard from him about the 911 call and the voices after the "hangup". And then not much is heard from him about the Fox lawsuit. Or have I not been paying attention. In other words I'm beginning to wonder if he has reached his pinnacle. He has milked this case for the Rammers about as long as he can. Is it time for him to bow out because it's getting hot in the kitchen, so to speak? Patsy's "recurring just in time" cancer hasn't even flared up recently so we can all feel sorry for her once or yet again. Am I being cynical here? Yeah! Oh you betcha!

So I welcome our journey into this the 8th year after her murder. I hope and pray that we will make an impact and that the impact will produce truth. Truth that all can see and read.

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

The Ramseys

John and Patsy Ramsey have not succeeded with their eight-year media campaign to hoodwink and bamboozle the public. Go out on any street corner in America and ask people: "Who Killed JonBenet". 9 out of 10 will say: "One of the parents did it."

Despite hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on lawyers like Haddon and Wood, and on PI's like Kookla, San, and Ollie, the vast majority of Americans still see that umbrella of suspicion over John and Patsy's heads.

This is why John failed in his recent political endeavor. This is why all old acquaintances, with one or two exceptions, shun the Ramseys. This is why the Ramseys had to leave Boulder and Atlanta and go live in East Podunk, Michigan.

Fifty years from now, on this date, reporters will ask: "Do you remember the Ramsey case?"

The reply will be, "Yes. The parents did it, didn't they?"

15. VP

VP Member

We love you JonBenet

Merry Christmas -- please give Ruthee and the rest who have gone on to be with you a big hug from all of us.

I promise you that there are and always will be those of us who will never give up until your killer or killers are brought to justice.

Until that time their lives will continue to be hell on earth.

16. Elle

Elle Member

There isn't much left for me to say, it has all been said by all my good friends above here. Thank you for all your input in this case. Thank you Tricia for giving us all the chance to keep on trying to get the the truth out about the death of JonBenét Ramsey.

Thank you Peggy for all your hard work which went into writing the best reference book there is available for the JonBenét Ramsey case; informing everyone of the best sites to visit on the net etc.,

Yes, I will still support you and the others Tricia, as long as you need me.

Elle

17. Tricia

I agree 100 pecent Elle. Peggy is a true champion. She wrote a fantastic book then I believe sold quite well. It's still selling.

Thank you Peggy. You are amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice