You never know who

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

One thing to bear in mind is that we often don't know with whom we are posting on these forums. Over the years, I have been aware of a small number of case "celebrities" (using the term loosely) who have come onto the forums to join in the discussion. Judith Phillips, Frank Coffman, Darnay Hoffman are all case players who chose to identify themselves in the discussions but just think how many others have come and NOT identified themselves. If you were a case player and read the criticism directed at Internet posters by Alex Hunter, Lin Wood & co - would you identify yourself????? I think I wouldn't.

Anyway, one often finds the most interesting little tidbits through the most unexpected sources and this one amused me so I'm going to share it.

There is a person with a strong link to the Ramsey case and I have learned that "she" was unable to resist making a handful of posts on jameson's forum when it was public a couple of years ago. Posters often use hats which are associated with the case and I know that I for one, disregard any significance to this. However, I did have to smile when I learned the hat she used to post with:)

When I found out that she had posted about the case, I searched through my archives for her posts and I was lucky to find them saved. It was fascinating reading. Being careful not to give any hints that she had a link to the case, she posted (only) about that bit of the case with which she had a direct involvement. She posed the facts as she knows them as though they were just suggestions/possibilities but she was trashed and taunted by jameson & Rainsong as though she knew nothing and although she has first hand knowledge of the topics in question, they replied to her as though they know much better than she! With tremendous restraint, she resisted the temptation to put them straight about who she was but I would love to have been a fly on the wall if she had :D

2. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Merry Christmas, Jayelles!

Would it be possible for you post a few of these "tidbits" that you've saved?

3. Jayelles

Not without giving away the identity of the person in question. Both postername and topic would do that.

However, imagine a scenario with a poster called "BillCsMom" posting her views on the Monica Lewinsky affair and being dismissed in a patronising manner as someone who cannot possibly know as much about either presidential matters or extra-marital affairs as the members of a certain forum ....:)

EDITED TO SAY:-

Besides, I have to leave some exclusives for my book ;-)

4. Elle

Elle Member

Hello there Freespirit, long time no hear! We keep on bumping into one another. :) I think you were the first poster to tell me that ... "all the evidence led back back to the Ramseys."

Jay, are you going to keep us guessing,or can I throw a few names at you. Pam Paugh, Susan Stine, Barb Fernie? What about Toth? He/she has to be someone close to the Ramseys. Heavens above, I've never known anyone, like him/her to correct the posters if they post the wrong information as to where Patsy was on such and such a day. . The poster would be very quickly told where Patsy really was. What a pain-in-the a-s-s she is. I say she, because I find Toth's posts to be very effeminate, and you called him a sweety wife. :) So ..do tell!
    I'll happily play charades with you. :)

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

And don't forget some of the classic fakes...like sarah king/rita! lol

We've seen a lot over the years...remember Kim Ballard at the swamp?

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hey Jayelle--did you know my father's name was J.L.?

7. Jayelles

I didn't know that :)

8. Jayelles

No guesses. It's not any of the main players that you mentioned above and "her" link is only in connection with one bit of the case. It's something that only interests me from the POV that it makes them look a bit silly - claiming superior knowledge of an event to the person who was actually involved.

Apart from that, it just makes one realise that we really have no idea who is who on the Internet. As there are so many charlatans, we automatically assume that a person posting as AuntieP or BarbaraK is NOT going to be Pam Paugh or Barbara Kostanick ....

9. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

They did the same thing with Westerfield.

That's when I came to realize the "sources" mentioned are often a fraud!

10. BobC

I don't see anybody who's worked on the case as celebrities. I'm pretty sure they don't either. I'm sure most wish this case never happened.

11. Jayelles

Which is why I said that I was using the term loosely!

Just for want of a better term BobC. Besides, I can think of at least one person who has relished the status of minor celebrity in the case.

12. BobC

who's that?

13. Jayelles

LOL

14. BobC

I'm serious. Maim?

Anybody remember Cinder?

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Bob, Jayelles

Cinder was Crazy Aunt Pam, no? aka CAP. Definitely fits the definition of celebrity: n. a wide, known person.

16. Jayelles

Why Cinder? Any play on Cinderella?

17. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Yes

It was a play on Cinderella, but I can't remember the details.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL, Lurker!

Shouldn't that read "widely known" person?!

Judith Phillips knew the Ramseys and we know that she posted for a bit - I would imagine that many associated with the case still read at the forums since we seem to be the only ones that give a Rats Asz about the outcome of this case. Couple with the Chill Factor (Lin Wood) Victory (!) - We are the only ones that are allowed to speak out without getting hauled into court. :bling:

RR

19. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

cinder

Cinder claimed that hat was chosen because he/she previously had a dog named cinder.

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Uh-huh!

That's what they all say. :rolling:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice