Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on Januay 1st 1997 and had it Delivered to Access Graphics?

You all know the wonderful Jahazafat. Jahazafat, for years, has been screaming into the wind about the dolls, the fibers and the special order in JBR’s name in 1997. In fact Jahazafat has a website with some of the information. http://www.geocities.com/pinker44/
    The problem I had with Jahazafat was not her story but how she came about the information. She didn’t have a reason to lie yet there was no source. I didn’t know what to do with her story.

Until now.

First, I want to thank Peggy (Little) for this information. It was posted first on Crime and Justice. I am grateful Peggy brought it to my attention.
    http://pub165.ezboard.com/fcrimeandjustice13552frm78
    Jahazafat worked for Pleasant Company. She saw the order in JonBenet’s name and where the doll was delivered to. Access Graphics. Jahazafat told me later that the order was paid for with a money order or cashiers check. No credit card trail.
    Below is the email I received from Jahazafat concerning the dolls and the tape. Bold is mine.
    ```````````````````````````````````````````````````
    I worked for Pleasant Company, owned by Mattel, which sells American Girl Dolls, from October 1998 to January 2004. I worked at a call center in Wilmot, Wisconsin. I worked as a variable order processor, which means I worked seasonally. The job was taking credit card phone orders for products and putting them into a computer system. It also involved fielding customer service issues and processing requests to mail the catalogue.
    I read this in Perfect Murder, Perfect Town the last week of September 1999. "The day before, one of Patsy Ramsey's sisters had gone into the house with police permission and taken out an oil painting, several American Girl dolls, a portfolio of JonBenet's pageant photographs…â€. I first thought it a testament to the wonderful products that the dolls were so special to be removed. But when I got to the end of the book there was a list that mentioned the duct tape had to be from ‘outside the house’. I had specific training that if a customer called in and complained about the cord attaching the head to tell them to duct tape it down. It could also be tucked in the clothing or sewn, but never cut, and for safety reasons, never pinned. The duct tape was presented as proof of an intruder but the dolls have a verifiable connection to duct tape and the Ramseys were allowed to remove them from the crime scene.
    I did simple experiments with duct tape on a doll. If you tape the string down when you pull the tape off there remains a visible residue and it pulls out the white polyester stuffing, which sticks to the tape and makes it not sticky. Somewhere I read a reference to white fibers on the tape but have never been able to relocate those one or two lines. It’s likely these white fibers were the cause of the Santa Bear fiasco. The duct tape information upset me tremendously. I spoke to my father, an attorney, and he called Hunter’s office. He spoke with Leslie Aaholm. This was literally days before the GJ disbanded. I followed up the phone call with letters to Kane and Owens. From reading about Hunter’s office, he couldn’t be trusted 100% so as supportive back up, I called and wrote Craig Lewis. The GJ made no decision but Owens went on TV a few days later talking about ‘new evidence’ and Henry Lee had come to town. It was encouraging but nothing more happened.
    I bought a PC out of frustration early in 2000 to follow the case online. I read more about the evidence and in particular ‘mysterious’ fibers found on the body and clothing. Sometimes they were listed as blue and sometimes they were dark. I looked at a Molly doll in a display case and gathered at her feet were thousands of navy blue wool fibers that had shed from her skirt. As with the duct tape, there was an eerie connection.
    In September 1999 a computer search with the Ramsey’s Boulder address revealed a catalogue sent to JonBenet in 1996. A separate search had shown an order for a Samantha doll sent to Patsy in Charlevoix in July 1996. Computer searches are done with zip code and last name. In the spring of 2000 I searched and found an order listed as ordered by and shipped to JonBenet herself on Pearl Street, January 1, 1997. I about fell off my seat. I never saw the paper order, only computer documentation. Mail orders are processed in Middleton, WI for speed in delivery as that is were they are received. It also was years before and paper copies are shredded within two weeks of processing. A search with Nedra’s name and zip showed an order from early September 1996. Nedra’s computer file has the misspelling of Nedba. I could go on with pages of information about the orders and the computer systems but it's very technical.
    As with the duct tape information, I wrote letters to Kane, Owens, and Lewis with info about the dark fibers and the doll sent to Access Graphics. I also emailed the Boulder Police department. and Chuck Green. There was never anything other than computer generated receipt confirmations; I think those came from Owens. This was spring 2000. I waited years before I posted much online. I held out hope that it would be investigated. A year or two later Smit came out with information about tan cotton fibers, which only cemented the doll connection, as the torso is tan cotton. This revelation had me again writing and emailing to the same list and then some. I have shared; written, called, or emailed this story to hundreds of people. Anytime the Ramseys appear on TV, I rebut with my story. Anytime I read of another Ramsey lawsuit I contact the defendants. I have not been silent but oddly, I have never been asked a single question either.
    About using duct tapes on the dolls, employees don’t all receive the exact same training. Training sessions are small-unscripted affairs. It may have just been an off the cuff remark. I asked a few fellow workers and none related any duct tape training. It is not even a huge issue and in the course of my employment I only received a handful of calls about that cord. My father though did call and after several tries got the recommendation to use duct tape. I know the person I heard it from was trained by Middleton, not Wilmot which may account for the discrepancy.
    I never felt comfortable speaking up when I was employed, as it is a sensitive issue. The products are for young girls and association with a crime is less than ideal. I have friends who support families based on the success of the company. But if I look at the larger picture the information needs to be available so other law enforcement agencies can learn from what went so drastically wrong. If it is used to prevent a single crime against a child it’s worth it.
    ```````````````````````````````````````````
    More to come. Very tired.

Thank you Jahazafat for coming forward. You done good woman:)

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

If there is any question at all about whether Jahazafat has the goods about the relationship between American Girl dolls and fixed lengths of neck cord, look no further than this site, which describes in detail and with pictures how to remove the existing cord from an American Girl doll and put new cord in when the old becomes loose:

http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/restringing/restringing.htm

[​IMG]

3. Tricia

Jahazafat provided me proof of her employment with the company without revealing her name.

WHY? WHY would "JonBenet" order another doll AFTER she had been killed?

4. messiecake

messiecake Member

I too have been intriqued by the American Girl doll story and wanted to belive it *but* with no backstory on how Jahazafat came across the info I had to discount it somewhat(I never wrote it off completely as we know Pam took the dolls out of the house which is hinky as why was it so important? If my child was murdered my last though would be "take toys out of house!" even expensive dolls !) ..............until now.
    I belive her story 100%.I think the source for the fibers has been found!!

Once again ALL EVIDENCE LEADS BACK TO THE RAMSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This needs to be investigated further!!!!!!

EDITED: I found the pictures detailing how to "re-string" the doll from the link W.N posted to be VERY creepy!!!!! ::shocked2

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  5. messiecake

messiecake Member

Also Tricia..........Why was it so important Pam get the dolls out of the house????

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank you, Ladies

I'm impressed with the many ways posters are catching their Second Breath lately! We can't give up now or forever, the poor little rich girl does deserve The World's attention. Need a good reminder why?

"And I wanted to tell the world that you killed my daughter on Christmas Day. Don't ever forget." John Ramsey

Pg. 372 "JonBenet The Police Files"

7. Tricia

Exactly.

Could it be a piece of duct tape was on the back of one of those dolls and that's what Patsy used in her staging? That would explain not finding a role of duct tape. If the tape was long ago used up and Patsy needed some duct tape she would remember the tape on the back of the doll.

Now, why IN THE WORLD, would someone order another doll, use JonBenet's name, pay cash for it, and have it delivered to Access Graphics?

To me, this piece of info is HUGE. HUGE!

Thoughts?

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I've got a possible answer Tricia,

First of all was John R still there at AG when this doll was ordered? And if he was then maybe someone (like a secty) who had ordered dolls in the past or knew of the ordering in the past wanted to order one this way to scare John. Make him squirm a bit. That would be if that person suspected John of the murder.

The second reason I can think of and it just popped into my head is that John himself ordered a new doll to replace one of the dolls that CAP took from the house. Then it could be turned over to the police if needed and it wouldn't match anything. Confuse the evidence sort of thing...looks like but not the same. John is the master of misdirection during this entire case. This would be just one more thing to use to throw off the police.

Oh and that duct tape...wasn't the duct tape aat the crime scene already not very sticky. In other words wasn't it sort of already used and that was why it didn't stick to tightly to JonBenet's mouth. Well if it was already filled with fibers from a doll then it would be non sticky...well maybe

9. Tricia

Zoomama wrote:

BINGO!!!!

Zoomama also wrote:

DING DING DING. WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I think Zoomama hit both pionts right on.

Jahazafat sent me some links about the fibers on the duct tape. Let me find them and put them up for you all to read.

I have always been confused as to what exactly was on the duct tape. Maybe we can figure this out.

10. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Member

ThankYou Tricia and Jahazafat for bringing this information here. Finally, something that has got me interested in this again. That cord looks awfully familiar. And a new doll ordered in Jan 97. I can't believe that no one in authority has jumped on this. And eight years later I am still shaking my head at the ineptitude. What is wrong with these people? Why has this not been investigated further? Just Damn. I have no words that are printable to describe how I am feeling right now. I'll leave it at Just Damn, and you all can decipher the rest. :flipper: to those who are making this harder than it has to be.

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I never heard of no Jahazzafat

12. VP

VP Member

Questions

Was this doll exactly like any of the dolls JonBenet already had? Do we have pictures of the other dolls she owned.

And could it have been a back ordered doll? Since it was right after Christmas, it would make sense - and it would also make sense to have it sent to Access Graphics in order not to take the chance that JBR would be home when it was delivered.

A lot of the doll companies have memberships - you receive a new doll every six months or when a new one comes out. Was it an order that was called in THAT day, or was it an order to be processed that day for some other reason (subscription, back order, etc.).

I just can't see them being that stupid to order a doll and have it sent to access - too easy to trace. They had to order with a credit card if it was ordered that day...if not, they would have had to pay COD, which would mean cash, money order, or check, and then someone would have to sign for the doll when it was delivered.

OR, this could be one of the many secrets still not revealed in the evidence that Michael Kane talked about.

If the doll is connected, and I have to agree that it would explain the roll of tape not being found - then I doubt something this huge would be made public knowledge....rather saved for a trial if there ever is one. If Lou Smit knows about this, he is certainly not going to reveal it as part of his campaign to exonerate the Ramseys.

Could the police have had someone at Access to order the doll so as not to give a head's up to the Ramseys and their team of lawyers and investigators?

Even if the doll is the source of the tape and rope, it still wouldn't prove a thing, you know the intruder took them off the doll and used them -- just like the pen, the pad, the paintbrush, the flashlight, the suitcase..................

Excellent find.

13. Tricia

VP, you ask great questions.

Jahazafat told me that the order for the doll came in on Jan. 1st 1997. I am assuming the dolls could be ordered 24/7. Even on holidays.

They did not use a credit card. They used a money order or cashiers check. The check was sent to the company. Then the doll was shipped out.

If you go back and read my first post I think Jahazafat explains what dolls were shipped to Georgia.

I have to admit I am confused as to what dolls she had.

I really think Jahazafat is on to something here. Something big.

What we need to find are mentions of other fibers on the tape. Jahazafat just sent me these links. I haven't looked at them yet.

Tan fibers.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_408302,00.html

The Ramseys were specifically asked about Santa wearing a wig, as in wig hair, the doll's wig hair was at the scene?

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...=lastpost&t=4506+mary+Keenan+wig+ramsey&hl=en

Judge's decision. Scroll to page 73.
    http://www.acandyrose.com/03312003carnes71-80.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  14. Tricia

From the Rocky Mountain News article,

"FBI analysis: FBI examiners said the fibers on JonBenet came from a source other than the pillow sham and comforter -- but none of them matched anything else in the house. "If the FBI examiner is right, the killer had to take that piece of material out with him," Smit said."
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr..._408302,00.html

If the FBI examiner is right, the killer had to take that piece of material out with him," Smit said."

Unless it was from the doll which Aunt Pam took away with her.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Amazing Detective Work!

I always wondered about Jahazafat's evidence, but thought it was a long shot. Now that I've read the whole story--WOW! And the doll cord looks an awful lot like the garotte cord.

So--Patsy was in a fix. After she figured out what her staging would be (crazed sex intruder), she needed materials pronto to set the scene. After all, you can't run out to McGuckin's Hardware at 3 or 4 a.m.

But wait--Patsy was the innovative young woman who turned her near-disaster Miss W. Va. stint around by quick thinking and improvising.

So--what to do? Ah, yes--those danged dolls whose heads kept falling off. The cord and the tape would be perfect!

Voila!--Ms. Patsy ingeniously turns the doll materials into the garotte and gag.

WHY haven't the authorities looked more closely into Jahazafat's theory?

P.S. to Bob, Jahazafat was known as Pinker at Cybersleuths.

16. Tricia

Click on this link and scroll until you get to the picture of the garrote.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4708

Now look at the doll picture on the first page of this thread.

If someone could please put the garrote picture and the doll/rope picture side by side I would appreciate it. I can't do it on this computer.

Thanks,
    Tricia

17. Tricia

I think they are different ropes. The garrote looks more synthetic and the doll rope looks like cotton. I could be wrong.

It's the duct tape that has my attention.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Scary.

JonBenet ended up just like the doll......cord around her neck and her head knocked off.

RR

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  19. messiecake

messiecake Member

Jeezee Chreezee this is just HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ,imo,IS the break we've needed.

Funny how it LEADS BACK TO THE RAMSEYS isnt it????

:verdict:

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

The Morphology of Fibers

http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail03.asp?ID=25

9/29/1997

Little new information in search warrants

By Pam Regensberg
    Daily Times-Call

BOULDER -- Search warrants in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case apparently put to rest the question of whether police found seminal fluid on the dead girl's body and debunks earlier media reports.

No semen was found.

But, Boulder County Coroner John Meyer said he found ``numerous traces of a dark fiber'' in JonBenet's pubic area, according to the warrants. Similar dark fibers and dark hair were also found on JonBenet's night shirt.

It also appeared the child's pubic area had been wiped with a cloth, the warrants stated.

PMPT, Pg 606: "Four fibers had been found attached to the duct tape; they were red and black."

http://www.denver-rmn.com/extra/ramsey/0917rams1.html

September 17, 1998

Prosecutors also may produce a piece of duct tape used to cover the mouth of the child, who was found beaten and strangled in a basement room of her parent's home the afternoon of Dec. 26, 1996. A fiber was found on the sticky side of the duct tape, which John Ramsey ripped from his daughter's mouth after he found her.

Analysis of the fiber showed a potential match to fibers on a sweater Patsy Ramsey wore Christmas night, Fox Television in Denver reported Wednesday. Detectives did not find the roll the tape came from during eight days of searching and removing evidence from the Ramsey's 15-room home.

"Numerous" traces of a dark fiber were found at autopsy near the victim's vaginal area, according to her autopsy report. Authorities have attempted to trace the bluish-fiber to material on clothing worn by people who were in the Ramsey home Christmas Day and night.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/03212000ramseytodaypt2.htm

Tuesday, March 21, 2000

Today Show - Part 2

JOHN AND PATSY RAMSEY DISCUSS WHO THEY THINK MIGHT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DAUGHTER JONBENET'S DEATH

NBC News Transcripts, March 21, 2000

KATIE COURIC reporting:

COURIC: Why were the fibers on the duct tape found on JonBenet consistent with fibers from your clothes, Patsy?

Ms. RAMSEY: I don't know. And I don't...

Mr. RAMSEY: Again, what we heard was that there were--there were some microscopic fibers which were consistent with a sweater of Patsy's found on the duct tape. There was also a lot of other fibers found on the duct tape.

2000 Atlanta Police Interviews

According to Barry Levin, not only do the red fibers on the duct tape match PR's sweater, but the fibers found in JB's panty crotch are black and match JR's Israeli sweater.

4/13/03

Carnes said the black duct tape also was not “sourced†to the defendants.

Animal hair, alleged to be from a beaver, was found on the duct tape. Carnes wrote that nothing in the Ramsey home was found matching the hair.

Other dark animal hairs were found on JonBenet’s hands that matched nothing in the Ramsey home, Carnes wrote.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice