Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Question Just out of Curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by sue
    I'm not disagreeing with the AG official suggestion received by email, but I know from other boards on totally other subjects that the "official" answer given by email in 2005 might differ from the "official" answer given in 1996. And, it may also be different than an answer given on the phone by an individual.
    (If you want to test it out, go to a Forum about Disney World and ask about the rules for refillable mugs, pool hopping or whether 5 people can sleep in a room that lists 4 as the occupancy. Better put on your flame proof suit before asking though).
    Just out of curiosity I e-mailed American Girl to see if I would get a different reply as to what I should do about the string here is what they told me:

Dear Meredith,

Thank you for your e-mail. The string that you are referring to is what we call the neck string. We do not recommend that you cut the strings.
    It is used to attach the head to the doll's body. All of our dolls are made this way and the neck string is supposed to be outside of the doll's body, not tucked in. Manufacturing our dolls in this way allows us to easily replace the head and make any other repairs that may be necessary. Most of our customers find that the string can easily be
    hidden underneath the clothing of their doll.

Should you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

American Girl® Customer Service
    Phone: 1-800-845-0005 or 608-831-5210
    Fax: 608-828-4790
    Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time

Original Message Follows:
    -------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:
    Is there anything I can do with the "stings" at the back of the neck on my doll? They make brushing my doll's hair difficult and they get stuck in her clothing. Can I cut them off?
    Thanks
    Meredith

If I had really needed an answer to this question I would have been kind of ticked off because they didn't give me a solution. I already said that the strings got in the way of the clothing and they recommended tucking them into the clothing - duh!

Default Another AG E-Mail

I replied and asked them specifically about taping the strings down. Here is what I got ...

Dear Meredith,

Thank you for your e-mail. You may tape or sew the neck strings, if you wish; however, we do not recommend sewing the strings because the doll's cloth torso could become damaged.

Should you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

American Girl® Customer Service
    Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time

Original Message Follows:

Thanks for the reply. It is ok if I tape or sew the strings to the dolls back?
    -----Original Message-----
    From: AG Correspondence [mailto:im_catalog_cs@americangirl.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 3:00 PM
    To: Meredith Fahey
    Subject: Re: Strings on Doll
    Dear Meredith,
    Thank you for your e-mail. The string that you are referring to is what we call the neck string. We do not recommend that you cut the strings.
    It is used to attach the head to the doll's body. All of our dolls are made this way and the neck string is supposed to be outside of the doll's body, not tucked in. Manufacturing our dolls in this way allows us to easily replace the head and make any other repairs that may be necessary. Most of our customers find that the string can easily be
    hidden underneath the clothing of their doll.
    Sincerely,
    American Girl(r) Customer Service
    Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time Original Message Follows:
    To Whom It May Concern:
    Is there anything I can do with the "stings" at the back of the neck on my doll? They make brushing my doll's hair difficult and they get stuck in her clothing. Can I cut them off?
    Thanks
    Meredith

So obviously the answer you get from customer service just depends on who you are speaking to or e-mailing. I think that it is very possible that if Patsy had called AG cust. serv. about the strings she was told to tape them down. OR maybe a friend of Patsy's called AG about the strings on her own daughter's and was told to tape them down and she reccomended the tip to Patsy ???

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish
    "...a strand of animal fur was found on the duct tape used to cover the murdered girl's mouth." http://slate.msn.com/id/2734/

"... the FBI lab identified a possible beaver hair on the tape..." http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...411thoma.shtml

A very intriguing thread. I wonder if the animal fur found on the tape may have come from an American Girl doll accessory; possibly from a doll's coat or hat.
    I was just re-reading this thread and reviewed the AG site for the Samantha doll. One of the accessories available is a mohair teddy bear.

Makes me wonder if testing can be done to distinguish mohair from beaver hair.

http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...groupid=359047

Also found it kind of interesting that the Samantha doll is the one who has the following description: Samantha looks like a sophisticated city girl in her cape of Black Watch plaid. It’s trimmed with a navy soutache braid and ties with a silk cord. When she goes skating in Central Park, slip her plaid gaiters over her shoes to keep her legs warm.

http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...groupid=359150

My books are packed but hadn't JonBenét and Patsy taken a recent "mother-daughter" trip to New York and gone ice skating? Just seems that many of the gifts Patsy gave JonBenét held a deeper message than one might initially think.

Samantha also has another interesting outfit: Samantha’s Talent Show Dress
    Samantha has to look grown-up for the big talent show—after all, she organized it herself! Her elegant rose-colored dress* has a lacy yoke and delicate rosettes, and a wide satin ribbon keeps her hair neat.

http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...groupid=392444
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Yes they did JR. Patsy wrote about it in DOI.

I think this is one of the more interesting discussions we have ever had at FFJ. Very frustrating too because from what I understand the D.A's office had all the proper info about this situation. Shockingly, nothing was done.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Yes they did JR. Patsy wrote about it in DOI.

I think this is one of the more interesting discussions we have ever had at FFJ. Very frustrating too because from what I understand the D.A's office had all the proper info about this situation. Shockingly, nothing was done.
    Nothing the Boulder DA's office doesn't do shocks me anymore Tricia. I've come to the conclusion that one must own ruby slippers (or at least blinders) to live in Boulder.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Thank you JR for posting this thread. I remember Jahazafat's attempts, through Peggy Lakin (Little). It must have been very frustrating for Jahazafat, considering her father was a lawyer, and being guided what to do.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the doll which arrived at Access Graphics?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VP View Post
    From Jahazafat's website:

A 'replacement' doll was delivered by UPS to John Ramsey's office within days of the murder. It was paid for blindly with a money order. Is it sentimental or sinister?

If the doll was DELIVERED within DAYS of the murder - 6, to be exact - then one of four scenarios had to have happened concerning ordering, processing, and delivery, IMO.

1. The doll was ordered through a call center - not likely since the person placing the order wanted to use a money order to pay - they will not process an order without payment first. So the money order has to be mailed - regular post from Boulder to the processing center would be at least 3-5 days, let's use 3 days. Processing the order takes another 24 hours once the money order and order form is received - a phone number is usually required, but maybe not. So now we are up to 4 days to get to the point of processing - delivery takes 5-7 business days to Boulder.

Since I think it is safe to assume the order was probably not placed on Thursday, December 26, 1996, the earliest the order would have been set into motion would have been Friday, December 27. This, at best, would likely add another day to the mailing process...Sunday being a day the post office would be closed.

So, money order is placed in the envelope and mailed on Friday, 12/27 ---- arrives at the processing center on Tuesday (at the very earliest), 12/31/1996 - a holiday, New Year's Eve. Do they process it on New Year's Eve or January 1, 1997, New Year's Day? Not likely, but, maybe. Let's say they do. After the order has been processed, it takes at least 5-7 BUSINESS days to deliver the order via UPS or USPS to it's destination in Boulder. The earliest deliver would have been on Wednesday, January 8, 1997.

2. FedEx overnight money order - Possible, but very traceable with routing information and a phone number from sender being absolutely required. Sent on Friday, 12/27 - arrives on Monday, 12/30 (FedEx was not delivering on Saturday in 1996) for processing. Processing takes 24 hours - processed by Tuesday, 12/31, New Year's Eve. The order takes 5-7 business days to reach it's destination after processing. New Year's day is not considered a business day - so it goes out on Thursday, January 2, 1997. Even by over-nighting the money order, the doll could not possibly have reached Boulder on January 1, 1997.

3. COD - They do not do COD.

4. The doll was ordered with a money order long before Christmas - possibly three to four weeks before Christmas by a family member or one of John's staff - again, using a money order they would have mailed it, and due to the holiday mail being slower than usual, it did not arrive until New Year's Day...when the Access office was likely closed.

I vote #4, for obvious reasons - time frame, and because an innocent explanation for the doll being delivered on New Year's day to Access would eliminate any further need for investigation by BPD or the DA's office.
    As a consideration, premeditation in this crime would make when the doll was ordered a 'supporting fact' of premeditation, according to the calculations in the post above.

-To investigate the hardware store purchase of items in price consistent with/duct tape and cord being bought prior to Dec 25, opens up the "possibility" of premeditation.

-To investigate the timing of the order and delivery of the replacement doll must also open up the "possibility" of premeditation.

-McReynolds was a journalism professor, his wife wrote the play "Hey Rube". They has a Dec 26 connection with a very similar crime. They had a standing 3 year history with PR, who signed her Christmas letters "PPRBSJ", to stand for Patsy P. Ramsey, Bachelor of Science In Journalism, a small but obvious sign of an insecurity large enough to suggest as a 'mental issue'.

I find it highly unlikely that PR was unaware of the McReynold's 'history'. If she knew the Dec 26 connection prior to Dec 26, 1996, and I believe that she did, the coincidence with this date would simply be one more fact which a psychopathic mind could factor into a premeditated crime in order to create the "perfect murder".

Obviously, PR needed a 'work of greatness' by which to be remembered.

For what is PR remembered?

The TV interviews, the tabloid interviews, her paintings and a book-

If the My Twinn's eyes indeed remained open when lying down, PR used flamboyant, journalistic embellishment to add 'colorful' details creating an impossible premonition of JBR's death.

On her deathbed she completed the painting "Beach Buddies", the copy of Betty Hammond's painting "Pals". PR's version is said to depict BR with his arm around the neck of JBR. Would a sane mother, whose daughter had been strangled to death be able to detach from that fact long enough to paint anything around her dead daughter's neck? I don't think so. In this painting, was PR writing the last line of her 'greatest work' and throwing her last 'suspect-victim', BR, under the bus?

PR is remembered by the masses ONLY because her daughter, JBR was murdered. PR threw herself into the spotlight.

I see her as a probable psychopathic journalism major who authored what she saw as the legacy of a perfect real life crime novel. (IMO)

Was it calculated and premeditated or subconsciously acted out following a rage induced conflict?

Premeditation becomes much more of a possibility when you factor in a terribly unstable mind and trying to 'get into this mind' is for me, a very scary place to go.