Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Glad to help add puzzle pieces.

Now, I guess to be "fair" to the Ramseys, I should point out that they may have had some perfectly legitimate, innocent reason for removing the dolls. Like, maybe they wanted the dolls to be part of a display for her memorial service or they buried one with her. But, if that's the case, there should be some people who can testify (or maybe even some pictures to show) that the doll(s) were present at the memorial service.

Default No Dolls in Coffin

Here is what was buried with JonBenet:

DOI (HB) Page 39

The last time we saw JonBenet was in that funeral home. My mother and dad, Nedra and Don Paugh; my sisters, Pam and Polly; John and I; John Andrew; and Melinda stood around the coffin saying our good-byes. Mother had a special gold bracelet she had saved to give to JonBenet when she was older. Mother reached down and slipped it over her wrist.

Polly put a large gold cross in JonBenet's hands. During the time I had cancer, Father Rol had performed a healing service for me and had given me a cross that had been blessed by Native Americans in South Dakota, where he had formerly pastored a church. Later I had found gold crosses similar to that one at a jewelry store in Boulder and bought those crosses for my mother and sisters. Polly had worn the cross through some difficult times; JonBenet would wear it forever.

Pam had brought JonBenet's Little Miss Christmas Tiara, which she had won during December's pageant competition in Denver. Now Pam bent over and lovely placed the crown on JonBenet's head.

Then it was John turn. He had recently purchased a beautiful silk scarf, and he tucked it around JonBenet as if surrounding her with a final blanket of love.
    DOI (HB) Page 40

"Suddenly my friend Priscilla White rushed in. She and Fleet had found Sister Socks, a stuffed kitten that was so dear to JonBenet. I couldn't believe that Priscilla had the gray-a-white cat. I had asked to have the toy brought from the house in Boulder, but the stuffed animal that was given to us earlier was the wrong one. Priscilla knew that, and somehow, even though she was now in Atlanta, she had gotten hold of the right Sister socks, the one with the red ribbon around it's neck. I tucked Sister Socks under JonBenet's right arm."

2000 March 18 - John and Patsy Ramsey book, "Death of Innocence"

This and much more can be found on ACandyRose's website:

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-funeral.htm

Default LE are Idiots

"Then it was John turn. He had recently purchased a beautiful silk scarf, and he tucked it around JonBenet..."

LE are idiots for not exhuming JonBenet's body based on this act alone. WTF? I had forgotten about the scarf. Why would he put in a scarf, especially a new scarf? Why not something more personal?

And what a chilling comment by Patsy:

"...as if surrounding her with a final blanket of love."
    DOI (HB) Page 40

Unreal.
    "The pedigree of honey
    Does not concern the bee,
    A clover, at any time, to him,
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Default Vp,

That one always got to me. A scarf??? That was almost like a confession.

Default Possible source for fibers, but. . .

How do we think the fibers from the doll played a part in the actual murder?

By simple transference?

Default Transference

Doll fibers plus Patsy's sweater fibers on the gag tape would indicate Patsy touched the doll (to remove duct tape and possibly cord) and then went about the staging. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerXIV
    That one always got to me. A scarf??? That was almost like a confession.
    It's been a long time since I read DOI. I remembered about the stuffed cat, but not the rest.
    I had forgotten reading about the scarf. That is a very weird thing to put in the casket with a child. And the "final blanket of love" doesn't sound comforting to me somehow. It sounds ominous and smothering.

Quote Originally Posted by tempester
    From what I understand the duct tape was used to 'fix' the doll, i mean to say it, the tape was applied after it was purchased to fix a problem with the head. It is possible that on the day the doll was 'fixed' by PR using duct tape, she was wearing the clothing that the fibres found on the tape used on JBR came from. It would be fidly to fix the doll, break off the tape ect. Maybe she cut some tape, stuck it on her arm briefly while she got a hold of the doll to fix it.
    It doesn't really "fix" the head. The thing is that when the dolls come from American Girl, the cord is hanging down their back. It gets tangled up when you comb the dolls hair and it sticks to the velcro that closes their clothing (I don't know how to explain it, but the cord is sort of mildly fuzzy and it will stick to the rough side of the velcro). It gets in the way, but you can't cut it off short or the knots that fasten the doll's head on would come undone. I personally just taught my daughters to be very careful to tuck the cords into their doll's clothing before combing hair or closing the velcro, but duct tape could be used to hold the cord in place and keep it from tangling.

Since the clothes that PR was wearing that matched the fibers on the tape was the jacket she had worn to the party (at least that's what I understood), i don't think it was usually a jacket she wore around the house. I least, I know I am not in the habit of wearing my party clothes to lounge around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by sue
    Here's what I found:
    [list][*] None of our dolls have strings that look like the doll picture posted on this site. The original strings on our dolls are not as thick and are much softer/more flexible looking.[*] 3 of our dolls have a flat string that looks more like the murder photo string. All the strings appear to be cotton. Some have a more "loosely woven" look. I almost dropped the doll I was holding when I pullled her clothes away and saw what it looked like.[*] The tails of the strings that hang below the knots that hold the head on the doll are much longer than the doll picture posted here. The tails go almost to the doll's butt.
    Thank you, Sue, for caring enough to join and post the information you have on the American Girl dolls. It is very helpful.

I had wondered if there were different kinds of string (and different lengths) used in the American Girl dolls, and you have answered that question.

From what I've seen of the American Girl doll strings, and how you have described some of them as being extra long down to the doll's rear end, the length is no shorter than that used for the garotte.

Oh, and I'm not in the habit of wearing my party clothes to lounge around in the house either. ;-)

Even if these clothes were 'party clothes' , mothers do things and fix things whether they are dressed up to go out or not, it does not matter the purpose of the clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Thank you, Sue, for caring enough to join and post the information you have on the American Girl dolls. It is very helpful.

I had wondered if there were different kinds of string (and different lengths) used in the American Girl dolls, and you have answered that question.

From what I've seen of the American Girl doll strings, and how you have described some of them as being extra long down to the doll's rear end, the length is no shorter than that used for the garotte.

Oh, and I'm not in the habit of wearing my party clothes to lounge around in the house either. ;-)
    I tried to take some digital photos of our dolls, but it was too dreary and they all turned out too "flash-bulby" and then I ran out of power on the camera. I'll try again tomorrow.

Default Website

Did anyone post this link? There are photos of the dolls on their website:

http://www.americangirl.com/

The discussion at the swamp is quite funny. The owner/dictator edited Jahazafat's information, and not only is mixing up My Twinn with American Dolls, but she left out the part about the money order. The tin foil hat posters are insisting that they should have been able to trace the order by the credit card number.