Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCase
    Hi Sue, I went back to the site that I found the image at and it's actually a donation from Pleasant Co. for an auction, maybe since it's a donation they didn't take the same measures to wrap it. I had no idea they were packaged so delicately, that's something to think about too... Do they by any chance use white tissue paper to wrap the dolls in??

I don't know about the doll being delivered, but if this is true, it's highly possible that the Samanta doll was ordered as a replacement. According to http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Sam.html Samantha was one of three dolls that launched the collection in 1986.
    From what I've read, Samantha was most popular because of her time period (Victorian) and the little girls liked her clothes the best. The first 3 dolls were Samantha (a Victorian girl of 1904), Kirsten (a late 1800s pioneer from Sweden) and Molly (a girl from 1944). Since she represents a rich Victorian girl, Samantha has the best "stuff" (clothes and little furniture).
    The stuff comes packed pretty nice (or at least it used to) because people spending that much money ($60 doll beds, > $100 doll clothing trunk) have certain expectations. If I remember right, the dolls were wrapped with a paper that was a little heavier than tissue paper. I think it had an American Girls logo printed in a pattern on it in burgundy ink.

American Girl was bought by Mattel in 1998, so things might be different now than they were in 1996. Since the beginning of the company in the late 1980s, they have donated dolls/accessories. For those sales, some of the dolls wer not packed as well (a lot of the stuff is seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    I have heard about the extra staging from several people. People I trust. People who are not directly case players but, for reasons I won't go into, have had access to information in the past. I can't confirm it 100 percent but would anyone be surprised at this?

There are still things we don't know. If Patsy took the time to wrap JBR in her blanket I can see her going the extra mile to have a few of her favorite things around her in that cold room.

Somehow, the dolls play a big part in this, but what part I don't know.
    Tricia,

I wouldn't be surprised at anything strange relating to Patsy and John Ramsey. Between Patsy and her morbid thoughts about the Twinn doll, and the purple ribbon on her tree etc. However, the Grand Jury did not find anything strange going on with the Ramseys which shocks me. From their strange behaviour, and lies.

I would like to have known more about the Grand Jury selection; as to who influenced them to acquit the Ramseys, when they were interviewed for jury service (?). I wonder who the others were who weren't chosen. This part was all hushed up. I almost feel this Grand Jury was bought, but we'll never know, will we? I would like to tell them all they didn't do a good job and should be ashamed of themselves. Don't know how they can sleep at night.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

"...a strand of animal fur was found on the duct tape used to cover the murdered girl's mouth." http://slate.msn.com/id/2734/

"... the FBI lab identified a possible beaver hair on the tape..." http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...411thoma.shtml

A very intriguing thread. I wonder if the animal fur found on the tape may have come from an American Girl doll accessory; possibly from a doll's coat or hat.

The only American Girl doll accessories that I've found on the internet that advertise fur use faux fur today.

Was real animal fur used in the manufacture of American Girl doll clothing in 1996?

Quote Originally Posted by sue
    From what I've read, Samantha was most popular because of her time period (Victorian) and the little girls liked her clothes the best. The first 3 dolls were Samantha (a Victorian girl of 1904), Kirsten (a late 1800s pioneer from Sweden) and Molly (a girl from 1944). Since she represents a rich Victorian girl, Samantha has the best "stuff" (clothes and little furniture).
    I've been doing some reading and the American Girl dolls and accessories are like a tiny little real world, the furniture is just amazing for teeny stuff, I can see why it's so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    The stuff comes packed pretty nice (or at least it used to) because people spending that much money ($60 doll beds, > $100 doll clothing trunk) have certain expectations. If I remember right, the dolls were wrapped with a paper that was a little heavier than tissue paper. I think it had an American Girls logo printed in a pattern on it in burgundy ink.
    This link is a pic of the older Samantha (Pre Mattel) in the box, it doesn't look like she's packed properly, but note the white tissue paper, it just eerily reminds me of JonBenet being wrapped in her white blanket; crazy, I know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&rd=1&tc=photo

Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    American Girl was bought by Mattel in 1998, so things might be different now than they were in 1996. Since the beginning of the company in the late 1980s, they have donated dolls/accessories. For those sales, some of the dolls wer not packed as well (a lot of the stuff is seconds).
    I do see the differences in packaging, so many examples can be found on ebay if you just type in "American Girl Doll" and "In Box" there are two hundred there right now; the pre-Mattel dolls are a lot more expensive but some are still in the box too, and the packaging is much different now.

Default Hope this isn't too off topic...

Page 254 DOI paperback
    "..I lifted the lid slowly. The doll lay silently in the long white box with her eyes closed. For a split second, I had a horrible feeling. The beautiful doll with golden hair looked like JonBenet lying in a coffin! I was so shocked that I caught my breath. I had to blink several times. It was a momentary, but horrible, feeling...."

My Twinn Doll's eyes don't close, but American Girl dolls do.

This is a My Twinn doll lying down, her eyes are still open but since they aren't really all that visible I added one more pic of My Twinn doll eyes below.

Below is the same doll up close.

Last edited by JustinCase; January 12, 2005, 11:30 pm at Wed Jan 12 23:30:28 UTC 2005.

Now THAT is what I call sleuthing!!! WTG Just.
    "The pedigree of honey
    Does not concern the bee,
    A clover, at any time, to him,
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Thanks VP!
    Isn't this weird? She's super dramatic so there's the chance that she lied about the premonition, or trying to create the impression that she was psychic or somehow predicted JonBenet's murder?

Also--I'm looking for the image I sent to DejaNu for this comparison, it's way better than the last one up there, the entire box is visible. Still looking for a My Twinn box.--New Pic Added

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish
    "...a strand of animal fur was found on the duct tape used to cover the murdered girl's mouth." http://slate.msn.com/id/2734/

"... the FBI lab identified a possible beaver hair on the tape..." http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...411thoma.shtml

A very intriguing thread. I wonder if the animal fur found on the tape may have come from an American Girl doll accessory; possibly from a doll's coat or hat.

The only American Girl doll accessories that I've found on the internet that advertise fur use faux fur today.

Was real animal fur used in the manufacture of American Girl doll clothing in 1996?
    Hey Catfish. Good to see you posting.

Patsy owned a pair of beaver hair boots. There was one picture of Patsy in her boots in a tabloid long ago. I am sure this is where the beaver hair came from. She may have owned a beaver coat as well.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Tricia,

I wouldn't be surprised at anything strange relating to Patsy and John Ramsey. Between Patsy and her morbid thoughts about the Twinn doll, and the purple ribbon on her tree etc. However, the Grand Jury did not find anything strange going on with the Ramseys which shocks me. From their strange behaviour, and lies.

I would like to have known more about the Grand Jury selection; as to who influenced them to acquit the Ramseys, when they were interviewed for jury service (?). I wonder who the others were who weren't chosen. This part was all hushed up. I almost feel this Grand Jury was bought, but we'll never know, will we? I would like to tell them all they didn't do a good job and should be ashamed of themselves. Don't know how they can sleep at night.
    Hi Elle,

Unfortunately we don't know what the Grand Jury was thinking because we don't know if Hunter even asked them to vote for or against an indictment. Hunter worded his announcement about the Grand Jury so carefully that no one can say for sure if they even voted.

Hunter had the power, at the end of all the testimony, to say to the Grand Jurors, "Thank you for you time. Goodbye." Hunter was not required to ask them to vote. Because of secrecy laws the Grand Jurors are not allowed to talk about what happened.

Once again Hunter sleazes his way through a tough call.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

There is an American Girl Doll in JonBenet's arms, it's the Samantha Doll, which according to Jahazafat, was ordered and shipped to Charlevoix, Michigan in July 1996.

Below is a pic of Samantha (in pretty bad condition) Pre-Mattel according to the ebay seller.

Comparing the hair in both photos, the hair in the pic of JonBenet is much nicer looking, if the doll was JonBenet's that could mean it was fairly new and further provide us with a rough date of when the photo was taken.

It's not much, but it's interesting to note that she's wearing the same pair of 'jelly sandals' that she can also be seen wearing during the photo shoot where she's wearing the Beatrix Potter 'looking' dress standing next to a tree.

Talking about shoes, did anyone else notice that Burke wears the same pair of brown loafers in most of the photographs that show his feet?
    Last edited by JustinCase; January 12, 2005, 2:56 am at Wed Jan 12 2:56:50 UTC 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Hi Elle,

Unfortunately we don't know what the Grand Jury was thinking because we don't know if Hunter even asked them to vote for or against an indictment. Hunter worded his announcement about the Grand Jury so carefully that no one can say for sure if they even voted.

Hunter had the power, at the end of all the testimony, to say to the Grand Jurors, "Thank you for you time. Goodbye." Hunter was not required to ask them to vote. Because of secrecy laws the Grand Jurors are not allowed to talk about what happened.

Once again Hunter sleazes his way through a tough call.
    Right Tricia - here is what the Rocky Mountain News wrote:

"JonBenet inquiry ends with nothing
    Boulder DA announces grand jury won't indict anyone in Christmas '96 slaying of the 6-year-old

By Charlie Brennan
    Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

BOULDER -- There was no justice for JonBenet Ramsey on Wednesday.

The grand jury that had investigated her murder for the past 13 months finished its work and went home.

And then Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter announced that he didn't have enough evidence to charge anyone in the brutal slaying of the 6-year-old girl who, in death, captured hearts around the world.

Hunter would not say whether he asked the eight women and four men on the grand jury to vote on a possible indictment in the Christmas 1996 murder.

It's possible he did not request a vote or that jurors voted not to issue a "true bill," or even that they voted in favor of an indictment but Hunter refused to sign it."
    "The pedigree of honey
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCase
    Is THAT an American Girl doll in JonBenet's arms??
    Where? Where is the picture?

I looked everywhere for the box too - nothing. I read one article that said they come in a cardboard box marked with the words, "My Twin Doll" on the outside.
    "The pedigree of honey
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.