Rachel Cooke - Missing 3 years

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", Jan 10, 2005.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

January 10, 2005, marks three years since 19-year-old Rachel Cooke disappeared while jogging in her parents' Georgetown neighborhood.

The Cooke family has decided in lieu of having a 3-year remembrance of Rachel's disappearance to give a donation to the victims of the Asian tsunami. The Cooke family also decided to invite other people to make donations.

Donations may be mailed to:
    Rachel Alert Network
    P.O. Box 1672
    Georgetown, TX 78627-1672

or

To make a credit card donation to Rachel's Tsunami Relief Fund:

An information page has been set up on Rachel Cooke's Tsunami Relief Fund to allow donations through Rachel Alert Network. People may donate through the RAN or give donations directly to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Save the Children, and many other international aid organization.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

A somber day, no doubt, for the Cooke family and for all of Rachel's extended family and friends.

Thanks for posting this JR. Rachel and her family will remain in heart and in my prayers.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I can't believe it's been three years already since Rachel's disappearance, every day of it pure agony for her family, I know.

I think about Rachel often and pray that she will be found some day.

It's typical of RC to think of others like the Tsunami victims instead of having a remembrance in their daughter's name. I very much admire all he has done for victims of crime.

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Rc.....

What a wonderful way to remember your Rachel and to encourage others in their prayerful rememberances as well....

You and your family as much as anyone I have ever seen, know the profound sorrow of loss, and know the need for assistance when these losses occur.....Your reaching out to others in such tragic situations has been a hallmark of RAN and of your own immediate family since Rachel's disappearance and so much good has been done in Rachel's name!

Of course it is our dearest prayer and hope here on FFJ that Rachel will still be found, and it is with certainty that we can say that she will never be forgotten....

May God Bless the Cook family, her friends and all of the hundereds supporters who have come to love Rachel....

Voyager

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Dear Robert, Janet, and Family,

I have been thinking about all of you, and all of Rachel's wonderful advocates, all day today. You are in my prayers and in my heart.

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

3 years. Dear Lord it seems like just weeks ago.

To the Cookes, We are here for you. We may seem silent at times but our numbers are great. Please don't hesitate to come and lean on us whenever you need.

Let's pray that next year at this time our Dear RC, will have Rachel back home.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The Cooke family has given the world endless hope by their endless efforts to bring Rachel back home. Continued prayers for strength and comfort going out.

RR

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rr

If God would answer just one of my prayers in 2005, it would be for Rachel to be returned to her family.

9. Quinn

Quinn Member

When the cookbook was being made I submitted one of my Grandmothers recipes whom has been gone for 4 years. The Cooks graciously excepted the recipe. I bought several books and gave one to my mother for x-mas. She knew when she opened it what it was . She started crying and has shown it to everyone since. Thank you to the Cook's for preserving my Grandmothers name as well as Rachel's. When I open the book to find new recipes I pray for you. This was a great idea to be a reminder of loved ones.

10. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cookbook.

Robert

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Four Years Now

Another whole year has gone by. I hope there will be a break in this case.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Another Sad Anniversary Coming Up

Thinking of Rachel and her family as we are coming up on the fifth anniversary of her disappearance, on January 10th.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thoughts are with the Cooke family especially in light of the events they have been through the last several months.

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I still can't get over the fact that another whackjob - ala' John Mark Karr - wormed his way into this case.....out of all the other cases in the world, why this one?

15. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Is he a net surfer?
    Peace be to the Cooke family.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, how evil can a person be to take advantage and make sport of a family's grief over a missing daughter? Throw another coal on that spit for this bastid....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice