Bonita Papers

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I just got through reading the Bonita Papers in one sitting in its entirety and I have ALOT of questions. But the first thing I need to know is..well, is this for real? There seems to be some things in here that haven't shown up in any books or websites or anywhere else, so I was just wondering how much of this is gospel and how much is opinion. Can someone clue me in? I still have alot of questions to ask but I need to know first whether or not this is all true. Thanks!

2. Tez

Tez Member

Hi Karen,

I've read bits and pieces of the Bonita papers, and I think they are the real deal. I need to read them all, but in my heart I think they are true.

3. wombat

wombat Member

From the Bonita papers:

"Soon the only police official remaining was Detective Arndt, along with John and Patsy and the family friends. T hen even John left to pick up the family's mail, and was gone approximately an hour and 20 minutes. When John returned Detective Arndt noted that he sat in the kitchen and opened the mail. John still remained in a room by himself not making contact with Patsy or any of the friends who stayed to console the family."

John was gone for an hour and 20 minutes? What?

4. sue

sue Member

Especially hard to understand him being gone so long if his mail came to a slot in the door.
    There is a post on Jameson's site: see reply number 7 and this thread, post 1 from jameson (is it OK to post a link?), both where someone says there was a mail slot. So, if John got the mail without even going outside, no one would have noticed he was missing, he would be gone so short of time.
    It sounds like "getting the mail" was just an excuse to be out of view for a while. So why was he gone long enough that anyone would even think he might have been gone for over an hour if all he had to do to get the mail was walk to the front door and back?

5. Elle

Elle Member

Can any one of you think of what your own husband would have done in a situation like this? At that particular moment, this was still a kidnapping in the Ramsey home, and yet John Ramsey had the audacity to vanish from the group of friends; pick up his mail, and also take a tour of his own basement, noticing the supposedly broken window "which he closes" and doesn't report.

This man is Cool Hand Luke without a doubt!

Unfortunately, with the situation still being a "kidnapping"
    Linda Arndt probably thought nothing about him wandering off, but what she did notice on his return was that John Ramsey was very agitated, and this gives many posters great cause to believe John Ramsey discovered JonBenét's body during this time (?).

6. Karen

Karen Member

Well we know now that John did not leave the residence to get the mail but that he went down to the basement to look around. What bothers me is, were we still thinking in 1999 that John had left the house to get his mail? A full 3 years after the crime? Didn't we know better than that before then? These are suppose to be police reports that were typed up. So I ask again are these really accurate police reports or is this someones version of events put on paper? Most of the Bonita Papers are written as a story, as if you were reading a book. In fact I printed them out so I could read it comfortably in my living room chair. (This chair at my computer is not very comfortable.) It came to 46 pages when printed out. There are so many things that made me sit up and go, Huh?, that I just wonder if this is what it says it is. I'm not challenging anybodys character, who am I to do that? I just would like to know if what I'm reading is official and true fact or someones opinion. That's all. There are alot of things in here I had never read before and some things I'm downright suspicious of.
    For example: From the Bonita Papers referencing when the Ramseys and others went back to Goergia to bury Jonbenet:
    "The immediate family and Burkes schoolmate rode in a corporate jet, piloted by John and carrying the casket with Jonbenet for her final trip home to Goergia."
    Well we know that didn't happen, don't we? But these are official police reports? There's much more like this.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

CORRECTION

I was waaay off base on Bonita. I am so sorry. I have 12 million things on my mind. Here is the deal.

The Bonita Papers are NOT based on any GJ info. They were written PRIOR to the GJ when the BPD wanted legal representation in their disputes with Hunter and the DA’s office.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  8. Karen

Karen Member

Hi Tricia! I was hoping you'd show up and opine on this. I'm really having a hard time believing some of this stuff though. For example, did we ever know that Bill and Heather Cox went over to the Ramseys with the Whites that morning?

From the Bonita papers: "Patsy confirmed that she had called both the Whites and Fernies after notifying the police. Bill and Heather Cox, guests staying at the Whites home, also appeared."

So they went over with the Whites that morning? So there were even more people in the house than we originally thought?

What about this one:

"In order not to tie up any lines, all outgoing calls made from the Ramsey home were done on cell phones, belonging to John Ramsey and John Fernie."

And yet when the police finally get to see the phone records there were no calls for the month of December?

Just as an aside here, I'm getting a feeling of spin from this author. I feel like this person thinks Burke did it and it seems to be coming out in this manuscript.

9. Tricia

Hi Karen!

To be honest with you? I just don't know. If I understand correctly this is taken from the GJ testimony. You have a point however. Who knows what this person embellished and what is fact. We just don't know. So many things in the Bonita papers are true. I have no reason to not believe it's all true. Then again, that's just my opinion. How is that for a big, fat, MAYBE. LOL

I would my left kidney to have a copy of the real GJ testimony but it's sealed.

We may never know.

10. Karen

Karen Member

Hi Tricia,
    Well I'll tell ya, I'd rather have a big fat maybe than a dishonest answer. Thanks for your honesty.

Still looking this over. I have to post a few more eyebrow raisers just to get them off my chest. There's alot of this stuff I just don't buy....but alot of it I do.

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It's been alongtime ago since I read the Bonita papers. What I remember is that I thought it was a really interesting read, and it sort of supported my own thoughts about Burke being involved. I didn't consider it spin.

12. Tricia

Would someone please post the link to the Bonita papers? I am on my laptop and don't have it handy.

13. Thor

Thor Active Member

14. Tricia

15. Tricia

Karen, I hadn't read the Bonita Papers for quite awhile. I forgot just how it all came together.

Here is the explanation of the Bonita Papers.

In the beginning of the Ramsey case there were so many leaks to the media the Boulder Police must have felt like they were drowning.

We have the answer to most of those leaks.

The Bonita Papers.

The Bonita Papers contain information concerning the Ramsey grand jury, police reports, interviews, and pretty much anything case related.

Acording to FFJ poster Spade, "These are the unedited "notes" of Bonita Sauer, secretary/para-legal to Dan Hoffman. Bonita intended to write a book from the case documents provided to her boss. But Bonita's notes were sold to the tabs by her nephew. Larry Pozner is a partner in the same law firm. I hope he reads his secretary's notes about this case before he runs his mouth about the Ramsey's."

The Bonita papers come from a variety of sources it seems. Not the Grand Jury.

The Bonita Papers are NOT based on any GJ info. They were written PRIOR to the GJ when the BPD wanted legal representation in their disputes with Hunter and the DA’s office

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5858

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  16. Karen

Karen Member

These papers read like they were already made into a book with some additional points of interest at the bottom that maybe the writer hadn't gotten to yet to include in the book.

Of particular interest to me was the fact that there is no dispute at all about whether Jonbenet was molested prior to that night. She absolutely was.

Fleet White showed John Ramsey to be a liar, no ifs, and, or buts, about it. He said when he went down to the basement when he first got there at 6:00 AM the broken window was CLOSED but not latched. Funny how when John went down there a few hours later he found it opened an inch or so. But of course he didn't know Fleet had been down there earlier. Can you imagine what he must have thought when the police told him in his interview that Fleet was down there before him and saw that window?! Wish I coulda seen his face when they told him that tidbit! More later...............

17. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Karen, with regard to JR's "mail run" disappearance from the house that morning, you will find this information supported by Linda Arndt in her deposition transcript archived at ACR's.

You must remember that some of the information contained in the Bonita Papers cannot be verified by we the public since some of the witness testimony in the case both with the BPD and in the GJ have never been made public, like the Whites. Whatever testimony was provided to either the BPD or the GJ by them and several others is yet to be made public.

With regard to most everything else in the Bonita Papers, you can verify it through the public records, like the Ramseys' police interviews, TV appearances, depositions, etc.

As regards the phone records, the police were unable to obtain them for many months. However, when they finally got them, the records for December 1996 had been completely erased, as in not there, although the Ramseys did make statements that they used their cell phones during that month for various reasons.

I believe the Bonita Papers are real and as factual as was possible at the time they were written.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  18. Tricia

Hey DejaNubee:) Glad to see you.

Changing the subject here.

Has anyone ever seen or read the police report concerning the Ramsey/Atlanta break-in? Is it available anywhere?

There is a reason I ask this question but first I want to see if it's available.

19. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you for the information, Deja Nu!

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hey, Trish! I've been in absentia working on another case.

Yeah, I've read the police report on the Atlanta break-in so it's public. I'll check my vast database to see if I kept it. If not, will try to find out who has it (does ACR?)

What's your reasoning??? Email me if it's a secret! LOL :shutup:

You're welcome, Karen! ACR's is a great place to find a lot of stuff on all the topics in this case. Thanks, ACR! :bowdown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice