Think Parents Couldn't "Do That" to Their Kids?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

There are times when I believe the death penalty is warranted. This is one of those times. This just breaks my heart.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146701,00.html

Texas Couple Accused of Abusing Baby
    Tuesday, February 08, 2005

•Couple Accused of Torture Awaits Hearing•Alabama Mom Admits to Starving Kids to Death

HOUSTON — A young couple are accused of critically injuring their 6-month-old baby, who police say was sexually assaulted, suffered broken bones from head to toe, and had her tongue nearly severed.

Donna Marie Norman, 19, and her common-law husband, Ivan Castaneda, 21, were jailed without bail on charges of causing injury to a child.

The infant lay in critical condition Monday at a hospital. She was transferred there last week after her parents brought her to another hospital, saying she was suffering from congestion.

Child Protective Services (search) spokeswoman Estella Olguin said the baby had been sexually abused, had two broken legs, a broken arm, a fractured skull, a fractured vertebrae and a broken rib.

"Just about every vital organ in this child's body has damage to it," said Houston police Sgt. Randall Upton. "This child endured probably some of the most incredible amount of pain that one could imagine."

Olguin said that if the little girl survives she could be blind or paralyzed.

Norman told doctors the infant's tongue was severed when she tried to remove a quarter from the baby's mouth that had been placed there by her 15-month-old sister, prosecutor Kari Allen said.

"Obviously, that is a bit far-fetched," Allen told a judge at a hearing Monday.

The 6-month-old and her sister, who also had a fractured skull and ribs, were taken into state custody.

Norman was "obviously upset about the situation that has happened to her family and to herself and to her children," her attorney Jerald Graber said. He said he had not yet talked to Norman about the facts of the case.

Castaneda asked for additional time to hire an attorney.

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

ain't that something...

Saw a picture of the couple..look like a normal couple and rather attractive. They HAD to be on some sort of drug to do that..people don't do that to animals.

There is a man nearby that just sufficated his 5 month old infant. Said he couldn't take the crying. Well, autopsy shows she also had a broken arm and leg from a while back.

How about the couple with the 7 kids who starved and tortured 5 of them? This couple pulled out their toenails? WHO would do such a thing?

Makes me wanna puke too.

3. Watching You

On drugs? Could drugs make people torture a baby? I've never done drugs, so I don't know. If so, were they stoned all the time? Wouldn't they have noticed something wrong with their baby when they finally came down?

How can anyone do something like this? What kind of evil forced them to sexually abuse a six month old and break all her bones? All I can picture in my mind are my girls when they were six months old. They were so little and defenseless. It just rips at my soul to imagine what that baby went through at the hands of those who should have loved and protected her the most. I could just cry.

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

WY,

In my younger days I've smoked weed....speed....some valium,ativans and various other purple, pink, white, ect pills.....drank a ton both legal and illegal liquor and unwillingly some pcp.

I can't reacall ever having the urge to torture a child.

Other famiy members are/have been very heavy into drugs (with like minded friends)....the hard stuff like crack and acid and those similar things... so I've basically been around some serious dopers for most of my life. None of them have ever hurt a child. EVER.

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

WY I saw this story a few days ago and it made me really angry. These two creatures are as evil as they come. I agree that the death penalty applies. Definately.

6. Watching You

My youngest daughter and I were talking about this last night. She said that with this kind of pure evil in the world, God's got to be getting pretty angry and pretty soon he will say, Enough.

Freebird, the only person I ever knew who did hard drugs was my niece, who was addicted to crack years ago. She had a baby who she would hire a baby sitter for while she went on her binges. She loved that baby. She did it one too many times, and I moved to have the baby taken from her. She hated me for it for a while, but I didn't care. She knows I did what was necessary. She went into rehab and has never looked back. Losing her baby was what finally brought her back from the darkness. She's been clean ever since and now is married and has five kids - two came with her husband's previous marriage, one is the baby she quit drugs for, and the last two are from her and her husband. She is the mother of baby Merrik, and a better mother you won't find anywhere.

Even when she was doing drugs, she would never have hurt her baby or allowed anyone else to do so.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Another one

In today's Texarkana Gazette

The Associated Press

DALLAS - The husband of a woman accused of killing her 10-month-old baby by cutting off her arms should have sought medical treatment for his mentaly ill wife and done more to protect the infant and her older sisters, according to a pyschologist's report obtained by the Dallas Morning News.

Dena Scholosser, who turned 36 on Friday, was charged with capital murder in Novemer after she told a 911 operator that she had severed baby Margaret's arms. Police and paramedics found Scholosser in her livng room, covered in blood and still holding a knife. more

(Sorry if this story is posted elsewhere on FFJ.)

8. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

What did the psychologists do...?

I feel real uncomfortable holding another person responsible for the actions of murderers.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Any news of how this little baby is doing JC? This is so sad.
    I hope they managed to reattach her arms (?). This is so difficult to believe, but obviously, the mother is insane.

There's something far wrong with this scene. Surely more people, other than the husband must have known this woman was mentally ill, why didn't someone speak up? Is everyone too afraid these days to even make an anonymous call to the Child Welfare?

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

The baby is dead, Elle. :-( I can't seem to stay online long enough to find a link to the article. I read it in today's paper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice