Patsy & the Ransom Note..A Hidden Truth?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

It's been a while since one of the only real pieces of evidence has been discussed in the media.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for posting this Little. Don't have the time to digest the posts much at the moment, but I can still read them to sidetrack me.

You're right. It has been a while since the ransom note has been discussed, and it really is the most important piece of evidence. I would like to see someone from the FBI on CNN discussing the ransom note with John and Patsy Ramsey, wouldn't you? Can you see the Ramseys agreeing to this one?

3. wombat

wombat Member

A discussion of the ransom note will result in a greater knowledge of its contents, and hence, a greater understanding of its author.

Oops!

A great read on this subject is A Mother Gone Bad by Andrew Hodges. I read this a couple of years ago and became 100% convinced of the RDI position. I don't know if it's been discussed here before - I'm sure it has - but Hodges analyzes the content of the note from a psycholinquistic position, rather than just the smoking-gun handwriting. In other words, he looks at hidden meanings of text.

For instance, the use of percentages regarding the success of getting the kidnapped child back reflects cancer survivor rates, and scanning for electronic devices is evocative of cancer treatment.

There are so many other things in the ransom note - "two gentlemen watching over your daughter" - Patsy used the phrase "two gentlemen" when she was writing an exemplar for the Boulder PD. The diacritical mark (caret) inserting "not" in the phrase "do not particularly like you" is something educated people use. Vocabulary - attache, faction, electronic. Alliteration - being beheaded, foreign faction. Miss Patsy like to alliterate.

Best of all, SBTC Victory! Whatever SBTC stands for, Mrs. Ramsey also likes to use acronyms whenever possible. She has been known to sign off letters with PPRBSJ - meaning Patsy Paugh Ramsey Bachelor of Science in Journalism.

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Dr. Hodges' book is what convinced me of the Ramseys' guilt too, wombat. He also wrote a second book on the case, Who Will Speak for JonBenet, which was released about four and a half years ago.

As far as the S.B.T.C here is my take on it-

There is a period after the big S, there is a period after the big B, and there is a period after the big T but... there is no period after the big C.

I think that pretty well sums it up.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Huh?

"There is a period after the big S, there is a period after the big B, and there is a period after the big T but... there is no period after the big C.

I think that pretty well sums it up."

There is no period after the big C as in there is no period after the Big C and a hysterectomy?!?!

RR

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Yes, RiverRat. You got it. :)

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Good One!

But we are still left with S.B.T.!

8. wombat

wombat Member

I don't know about the lack of a dot after the C - maybe she was just finished, that's all.

9. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I'm so lost... I can't imagine that very much thought was put into SBTC...it was a bogus ransom note written in distress...deep thought prolly wasn't going into it. imo

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Hodges's books are great reading. Amazing Woody ignored both books whilst suing everyone in sight.

11. wombat

wombat Member

Lin didn't sue Hodges? I thought perhaps he did because the books aren't exactly famous. Hodges' assessment of Patsy (and John) is subtly devastating - maybe they didn't understand it.

12. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"Hodges' assessment of Patsy (and John) is subtly devastating."

I think that's worth repeating.

13. Show Me

Nope...Lin Woody never ever even mentioned one teeny tiny thing on Hodges!
    AND Hodges books were right out front in the major bookstores.

JC...we ought to start a Hodges thread.

Some interesting words on Patsy from Hodges.

'Patsy was top dog.' comparing Patsy to her sibs and other women in general.
    How Patsy had to be the 'woman above the women' and so on.

14. Niner

Niner Active Member

I've read this too! excellent read! I agree with Hodges! Patsy wrote the note! :abnormal:

with the ` over that "e" no less!! ::shocked2

:eek:fftopic: Side note:
    Hey Tricia!! sent you an email regarding the Private Share Books Forum!!! I would like to set up the first threads myself!! If possible - K???!!! :rolleyes: Please let me know when it's ready to go!! :imonline: I'll be on it in a flash!

15. Niner

Niner Active Member

I could swear I've seen one already! Probably a really 'old' one! You might want to search before you start a new one.... just saying... you might be repeating what people have already said! :cool2:

16. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oh - did not know this! I'll have to check my library - Thanks!

ice tea - Aaahhh... one of my favorite drinks! :martini:

17. Niner

Niner Active Member

I am amazed that he HAS ignored this book! hmmm.... wondering why? :borg:

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

The article Little posted is the first I ever heard about this man, Show Me.

19. Show Me

Sorry JC, I misunderstood your post.

Niner, will probably be this weekend before I research the umpteen million JB threads. Working too much and am brain dead when I get home. Your local library may have to request it outside your system, it's been a few years and most libraries are too small to keep multiple copies of older books.

Hodges books are well worth the read, although the first one....'A Mother Gone Bad' or something similar, was the best. I believe the second had other medical professionals giving their opinion and wasn't as good as the first, although it had some powerful stuff in it.

20. wombat

wombat Member

I'd love a Hodges thread but I feel I'm too "young" on this site to start one.

PS. I'm sure people could get A Mother Gone Bad on Amazon and/or Ebay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice