Patsy Ramsey is reportedly very ill.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I rarely post rumors but I think this one deserves some looking into.

I have heard from several sources that Patsy is very ill. Supposedly her cancer has progressed.

If I am wrong I hope someone tells me because this is a very unsettling bit of information to post. I wish Patsy no ill will. No one should have to suffer from cancer.

If it is true and Patsy truly believes her religion, then she needs to confess to get to the highest heaven. Confession is her only hope.

I honestly hope I am wrong.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Perhaps this might explain the personal reasons cited by Lin Wood for the Ramseys dropping their appeal in the Fox News civil suit.

Thanks for the information, Tricia. I am not surprised; neither do I enjoy Patsy's suffering. I also don't look for a confession from her - she did her confessing years ago to a higher power - she thinks that absolves her from earthly punishment.

3. Tricia

I am not versed in the bible at all. I know many of you are. Is there a passage that states a person must confess to people on earth rather than just to God?

4. Tricia

5. Watching You

Asking forgiveness from God is part of Patsy's religion - the Christian religion. While doing so might gain God's forgiveness, lying is also considered a sin, and Patsy may have been living a lie all these years. Confessing to God but not facing up to her actions on earth is a contradiction, but I don't think Patsy would see it that way. Without making any judgments on the state of Patsy's soul, I've seen signs of the Ramseys professing but not possessing - IOW, hypocrites.

6. Tez

Tez Member

I wish her no ill will either. I'm not familiar with the bible sadly, but I think that she thinks her confession will absolve her of punishment. I don't know, all I can say is I hope the best for her.

My uncle died in January after a long hard fought battle with cancer. I would like to think he's in a better place now. Just like my mom.

Color me confused, but is there something else going on here that we don't know about? Something is changing, and I'm not sure what it is. I felt it the other day. It's almost like something is going to happen and we all will get our answer to what happened.

7. Watching You

I think what it is, Tez, is the absence of the pompous Ramseys in the news, lately. This may be the reason why - Patsy's illness is taking all their reserves - emotionally and otherwise. Maybe they are finding out there are more important things in life than carrying on a false campaign for vindication. Things like learning how very precious life really is.

It's a long road that has no turning. This may be the turning, and your feelings may be right on.

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

There's this in James: Confess you faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Key word imho, righteous. :)

9. wombat

wombat Member

My mother and aunt died of Stage IV ovarian cancer. It wasn't pretty, and it didn't take long, but it was inevitable.

Patsy expected to be joining JonBenet soon in early 1997, she said so at the CNN press conference. I believe that she's been planning to talk about what happened only once, and that is when she sees JonBenet in heaven. They are born-again, and accepting Jesus as your savior is the only criteria to get into heaven when you are born again - she doesn'have to confess to anyone on this earth. (I'm not advocating for this or against this.)

So if Patsy is facing her final illness now, I don't think we'll be hearing from her.

10. Watching You

wombat, you are correct, but being born again doesn't mean you need only confess one sin - in this case, killing her daughter, if she is indeed the one who killed her. Lying is also a sin in the Christian religion, and in this case would be a sin committed over and over in the denial of the deed on earth. In addition, trying to blame others for what she did (again, if she is the one who killed JB - I don't know) is also a sin that would need forgiveness.

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

What mixed emotions this brings. I do have to say, it will be be a lot different without her around with us in the Land of the Living. My beliefs seem to be a little different that hers.....but my heart does break at the thought of a little girl in Heaven that can't have her mommy.

RR

12. wombat

wombat Member

I agree with you about Christianity as well, Watching You - but I think Patsy's going to deal with whatever happened, and whatever punishment that is meted out, in the next world, not here. That's what she's been about all along.

I'm not trying to discuss anyone's religion, but rather Patsy's actions motivated by her beliefs.

13. Watching You

I believe that, also, wombat.

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Well as a mother I certainly feel sad for her remaining children and grandchildren.

I feel sad for Patsy also, I think she was being the best mother she could be for her children and I think Jonbenets death was an accident.

I hope she leaves this world with the truth in the open..... to do otherwise would leave her son with that unbrella over his head for life.

A mother should not pass on her sins for her children to bear. If she dies with this case still open then unfortunately that's what she will have done. JMHO

15. Tez

Tez Member

WY, it's just been really strange. Things feel so different to me right now. I'm not sure what it is, but I have this feeling that the truth is going to be exposed one way or the other.

Personally, I hope that Patsy does the right thing, and tells the truth about what happened or what she knows. Burke doesn't deserve to live like he is for the rest of his life. IMO, he knows the truth.

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Patsy

I am praying for Patsy, that if it is her time (and not just a tabloid exaggeration) that her passing will be peaceful and that she will close her eyes with a clear conscience in this world, then open them to JonBenet's beauty in the next

17. Watching You

Beautifully said, Lurker. I share your sentiments about Patsy. Whatever her situation right now, I have no ill feelings toward her. I always wanted the truth to be known, but I also always felt JB's death was an accident - one which both parents knew about but chose to hide for whatever reason. If Patsy is indeed that sick, then I'll leave it in the Creator's hands.

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I don't wish a cancer death on anyone.

What I don't understand is, 30 days ago she allegedly beat Cancer for a 4th time.

How can she be in remission 30 days ago and going downhill now? Either you beat it or you didn't, right?

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It's an insidious disease. It's been a killer about as far back as I can remember.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Oh I agree JC, it is a horrible disease...but all of this means she didn't beat it...ever!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice