"We'll just try it later"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Mar 15, 2005.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I seem to remember reading a story early on in the case about a trip to the basement that JR and FW made together prior to 8 a.m. FW tried to open this door but it was stuck and JR said something like "It always does that. We'll just try it later." Does anyone else remember this? If so, did this event really occur or not?

2. Tez

Tez Member

I don't recall that at all.

3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Nope. :beammeup:

4. Little

Little Member

icedtea4me, I don't recall reading that anywhere either. Linda Hoffmann-Pugh was quoted in PMPT (Page 62) about the door being stuck.

Officer French reportedly did not open that door because it was latched at the top, and at that time he was looking for possible entry/exit points. Being latched at the top from the inside of the house would eliminate it as an exit - no one could leave through it and latch it. He also greatly regretted that decision after JonBenet's body was recovered from that room.

I even think John made a comment that he did not look in that room when he made his first trip to the basement early in the morning because there was no outside access to that room.

Little

5. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thanks anyway. I distinctly remember reading that somewhere and, although it was at least 6 to 7 years ago, for some reason it just stayed in my memory.

6. Little

Little Member

I know what you mean icedtea4me. After a while it's hard to remember what we read and where we read it. I know that there are times I wish I had started saving information sooner. It will come to you eventually :)

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice