Among the flowers and cards was a pillow from Patsy Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

Among the flowers and cards was a pillow from Patsy Ramsey

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, but as with everything that is "Ramsey" there must be more to the story.

My guess is that Patsy is trying to say, "I know what you are going through. If I was guilty I wouldn't send you the note and the pillow." I also believe that Patsy did want to comfort the family as well. It's just that everything the Ramseys do they do it for themselves first. IMO.

I know I know. Cynical. I can't help it.

3. Little

Little Member

Well Tricia, I have to admit I'm also cynical. I had mixed feelings about this too, (not that my opinion matters :) ) A pillow?

Little

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

There's a pic in the NE book from a 1997 newspaper article of PR touching a heart-shaped pillow with the name JonBenet embroidered on it.

5. Little

Little Member

Well, one thing about this case (Jessica Lunsford's ) that jumped out at me was that the family laid everything out on the table, answered every question, and cooperated with LE from the second they discovered their little girl was missing. They never hesitated as far as we know and IMO that's their tribute to their love for Jessica.

Little

6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I would go a step further and say that it is not merely "everything the Ramseys do they do it for themselves first." It is that Patsy does everything for herself first. Notice how the pillow is not from "the Ramseys," not from John, certainly not from Burke. You know as well as I do that John and Burke have no real interest in claiming empathy with the pain of family members who have had one of their own ripped from their midst by murder. Patsy, on the other hand, wants attention. She is famous. She knows this. She knows that her name is the sign of a Celebrity, and she capitalizes on it. She gets a big shot of ego boost by knowing that if she sends a pillow to a grieving grandmother, then by God that fact will be publicized. Patsy gets her name in the paper on the back of a dead child, and she is happy.

I think the more interesting hidden subtext is in the fact of Patsy having sent a pillow. As anyone who has read the character testimonies of her friends and family will have observed, Patsy's favored gift has always been the large batch of flowers. Even Linda Arndt got them. Ah, but a nice arrangement of flowers is what, forty, fifty dollars? More? In my considered opinion, John and his tightwad ways have put an end to that particular extravagance, and so Patsy sends a pillow which costs much less but still manages to keep her famous name and ego on the lips of lesser mortals.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Ain't that the truth!

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

It's also Patsy's way of saying, see, kidnappers do enter houses and steal children in the dead of the night, just like we've been saying.

The difference, of course, is that Jessica's body was not found in the Lunsford's basement, and the intruder into her home was found within a few days. In the Ramseys' case, there never was any viable evidence pointing to an outsider, and the Ramseys did not cooperate with authorities the way the Lunsfords did, including submitting to police-given polygraphs. The cops didn't even try to frame the Lunsfords. Imagine that.

Patsy doesn't get that we know the difference.

9. Aurora

Aurora Member

Patsy's Pillow

Ok...my two cents worth. I think she sent the pillow.....because she does sympathize....no ...she empathizes with them. She lost her daughter even if it was alleged that she had something to do with her death. A loss is a loss and she did grieve and lose a child and does know what that feels like. Anyone that has lost a child would know this. Patsy was trying to reach out and say...."I know how you feel". I don't read anymore in to it than that. I believe she wrote a note to the mother of the child that was shot while in school last year. (this happened in Michigan) Yes...she is infamous... due to JonBenet....but she is a MOTHER and can still know pain of loss.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

This is something I've wanted to shout from the rooftops ever since Jessica was taken ...

THE LUNSFORDS WENT TO THE POLICE STATION AND TOOK POLYGRAPHS WITHIN DAYS AFTER JESSICA WENT MISSING!

They didn't hide behind their lawyers or say they were too insulted to take one. Even in their grief and worry, they cooperated.

And something else I've wanted to shout ... particularly to the Ramseys and their supporters ...

THE LUNSFORDS WERE TARGETED FOR INVESTIGATION FIRST JUST AS ARE ALL FAMILIES OF MISSING CHILDREN. LE DID NOT TRY TO INVESTIGATE THE RAMSEYS OUT OF SPITE, BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE FOLLOWING NORMAL INVESTIGATIVE PROCEDURE!

Oh, and one more thing ...

JESSICA WASN'T FOUND IN THE LUNSFORD HOME, AND DANIELLE WASN'T FOUND IN THE VAN DAM HOME. REAL INTRUDERS TAKE THE CHILD WITH THEM, AND THEY DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO SIT DOWN AND WRITE OBVIOUSLY FAKE RANSOM NOTES!

11. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

A Few Thoughts....

What you say Aurora may very well be true....I really do not doubt that Patsy has mourned the loss of her daughter greviously from the beginning.....The fact of her talking herself out of her own responsibility for the death and being able to help in the cover-up both publicly and privately is beside the point....Patsy probably does empathisize deeply with these other mother's of murdered children, maybe even convincing herself that she is as innocent as they are...

Still, Cherokee has made the most important points as relate to guilt in this crime....Really worthy of capitol letters....

Innocent parents put forth the signals that Jessica's put forth....Openess, co-operation, and anger.....If you will remember, when the Ramsey's had their press conference on CNN, John said something like, "We are not angry......We just want to know why this happened).....Right then, I remember questioning his innocence, if not his sanity! The indication, immediately was for themselves....that they needed some sort of question answered, NOT that the fact of their daughter lying dead in the morgue was the important feature of the whole situation.....

The contrast between Jessica's parents and JonBenet's in lawyering up and not lawyering up.....immediately taking lie detector tests etc as Cherokee indicates really tells the story of course.....

Patsy can send all the cards and pillows she likes but the true gift to these and any future parents of loss would be a confession of guilt to the crime.....It is so sad that parents of loss have to be the first to be suspected and investigated, but of course it is because there have been parents like the Ramsey's before them who have been guilty of the crime, so this continues to be the case....

Patsy has, in my mind, sent the gifts in her own grief, to comfort herself and make herself feel better, nothing more....

Voyager

12. Niner

Niner Active Member

MISSING?? she wasn't missing - ??

13. Elle

Elle Member

I'll go along with this WY. This is the way I see it too. Patsy is doing her best to have the public think this is what happened to JonBenét too, but you're right. Patsy doesn't get it that we see right through her thinking.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Great post Cherokee!

Great post Cherokee! I agree with all you have to say here.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

My take

I've got something to say on this: I almost hit the ceiling when I heard about this gift. I think it's sickening, and I'm not alone. Mrs. Lunsford deserves better than this. I wonder if Marc Klass or Brenda Van Dam ever got a freaking gift from the Empress. I doubt it.

"Imagination is the key, Watson, for it is there that all crimes are conceived and solved. We must look beyond facts."--Sherlock Holmes

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Niner

Niner you took the words right out of my mouth

17. carolbell

carolbell Member

pillow

Patsy just sent a pilllow to the Lunsfords.From what I know about her she was showing that kids do get taken out of their bed and killed.Yes we know unfortunately (spelling)that does happen.Her case had an added twist to it.
    body in house,ransom note,garrotte etc. Abductors usually dont do this as it is time consuming,writing a 3 page ransom note takes a lot of time. finding things from inside the house took a lotof time.J.B's killer was in no hurry.These others girls were taken from their beds and swiftly removed from house.That is a big difference to me, although it ends sadly in murder for all. If the Ramseys are completely innocent, they would have cooperated from the start.

18. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

How did Patsy even know about the Lunsford case?

I thought they didn't own/watch televison?

19. Little

Little Member

Showervision?

Little

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Showervision! That's rich! Hey, maybe their pals told them.

"Someone in this world suffers more than I"--Kain

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice