The "Death of Innocence"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by momof2, Apr 1, 2005.

1. momof2

momof2 Member

Hello, I'm momof2 and I'm a new poster. I just finished reading the Death of Innocence and I would like to bring up somethings that I found strange in the book. This is just my opionion.

I'll start with page 206 (paperback version)...

Patsy talks about a little charm that is attached to the cross on pendant that a friend had gave to her in Boulder. The little charm was a porcelain figure of Mary and baby Jesus. Patsy states that she had immediate empathy with Mary and thought to herself "She watched them kill her child. She lost a child too."

This makes me wonder if Patsy is somehow admitting that she witnessed Jonbenet's death. How could you have empathy with Mary unless you SAW your own child suffer and die?

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

A touching story

I would be moved, if it didn't seem like just another attempt at self-aggrandizement. Caligula the Roman emperor declared himself a living god, but it wasn't to be, either.

3. momof2

momof2 Member

I have always thought the Ramsey's were guilty, but I wanted to read their book and give them the benefit of a doubt. After reading their book, I have not changed my mind. I feel stronger than ever that they are guilty.

I think that it's really interesting that throughout the whole book they talk about how honest they are and that they've done nothing but tell the truth. Then at the end of the book they encourage other parents to teach their children to lie. Page 413 of DOI explains how Patsy and her siblings had been taught to say that their parents were in the shower if someone called for them and they were not there.

I don't leave my kids at home alone, but if I did I would just instruct them not to answer the phone at all. To me a lie is a lie. If you can tell a "little white lie" then I don't think you would have any trouble telling a whopper. What would the difference be? After reading that part of the book, I just couldn't bring myself to believe anything that they wrote. JMO

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It's been alongtime ago that I read DOI.

Was there anything in it about JonBenet and Burke sleeping together?

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Heck, was there anything in it about JonBenet.?

All I read was patsy, john, patsy, john, beautiful patsy.... thoughtful john....ect ad nauseum

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

:crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed :crosseyed

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Perfect summary, Freebird.

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

No kidding!

Boy, you said it, Freebird!

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yeah I'm with you Freebird. I tried--I REALLY tried to read that book but I was starting to get cavities. I just about spit up.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

BobC

It's our loss without your award winning reviews that you do so well. Here is my favorite Patsy moment......could you pretty please Bob it up for me?!

"On Sunday, December 29, when I came down the Fernies' stairs in the black dress to go to the hastily arranged memorial service at St. John's Church, John glanced up and said, "You look beautiful." How I appreciated his compliment and his love."

11. wombat

wombat Member

EEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Was that the beekeeper suit?

12. Elle

Elle Member

JC, I distinctly remember reading somewhere (?) that Patsy Ramsey did state JonBenét sometimes wakened up in a wet bed, and would then crawl into Burke's. Should I come across the source, I'll post it.

13. Elle

Elle Member

You will all remember Sister Pam raided the Ramsey home in the Boulder Police jacket, on December 28, 1996. She was supposedly picking up clothes for Patsy and John to wear to the funeral. Steve Thomas "JonBenét" page 56 Paperback

On page 34 "Death of Innocence" Patsy writes:

On December 28, a department store in Denver sent some clothing to the Fernies' so I could pick something to wear to the funeral, since all our clothes were still in the house. Roxy and my sisters were there to help me sort through the dresses and hopefully come up with something I could wear to my daughter's funeral. I chose a black knit, two- piece dress.

At that moment a picture of Jackie Kennedy abruptly flashed across my mind. I remembered seeing her wearing a black veil, walking hand in hand with her two children to JFK's grave site. Now I could see why people wore veils at such times: the filmy material surrounds you like a cocoon, over shadowing your face and closing out the world. With the covering and protection, I could cry, be private in my grief. I decided I wanted to wear a veil to JonBenét's funeral, so I asked one of my friends to help. She found a sheer black scarf and attached it to a black felt hat, then packed it for the trip to Atlanta.

This was exactly the same day of Pam Paugh's raid - December 28 to pick up the funeral clothes in the Ramsey home.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I was reading about the kids sleeping together at websleuths this morning, Elle. I was thinking the subject might have been mentioned in DOI.

15. momof2

momof2 Member

I don't recall reading anything about Jonbenet sleeping with Burke in the DOI.

16. Elle

Elle Member

It's possible it was in DOI, JC. I'm still browsing through it and also the Police Files at the moment.

POLICE FILES Page 59 Steve Thomas interviews Patsy Ramsey

ST: Do you know which bed Burke normally slept in, in his room ...?

PR: First one in ... right as you go in the door.

ST: And, if, on accasion, JonBenét would go sleep in Burke's room, would she get into the other bed?

PR: She'd be in, yeah.

ST:Okay, Um, what would cause that? That she got scared at night or ...?

PR:No, just, I mean, that happened very seldom, and, uh, I think, oh, I think one time when I was reading to Burke and ...she fell asleep in that bed so I just ler her sleep there or something, but ... usually I'd get her back in
    her bed 'cause she would occasionally wet the bed and her bed had a plastic wrap on it and that one didn't ....

ST: Was it common for her to, uh, get up during the night at all, either to, uh , use the bathroom or to go downstairs or, uh, was she a, a fairly good sleeper that would sleep the night through?

PR: She was a fairly good sleeper. She, um, very rarely, you know, would wake up at night. If she did, she would, you know sometimes she would have wet the bed and she would get up and get in that other bed or she, sometimes would come up to our bed, but it was not very often.

You can always read the rest in the Police Files, JC. I think everyone of us has this NE book - right?

17. Elle

Elle Member

When you think on it, JC, Patsy knew that JonBenét sometimes went into Burke's bedroom to sleep in the other bed, and yet the morning of the 26 December, 1996, according to what she wrote in DOI page 11 she doesn't check Burke's room until after she has screamed and shown the ransom note to John, and then both of them race to Burke's room, which is at the far end of the second floor and find him apparently still asleep.

Knowing JonBenét sometimes ended up in Burke's room, this would have been the next place to go to, to see if JB was there. Patsy puts her foot in it every time she opens her mouth.

However, as we all know, this is all a concocted story. Burke's voice was heard after her 911 call. So everything the Ramseys wrote had to bolster their cover up, and they have failed because we all know of their inconsistencies

18. Elle

Elle Member

While on the subject of JonBenét wetting the bed. I have never thought Patsy Ramsey killed her because she wet the bed. I have always thought along the same lines as Steve Thomas, that the wet bed more or less triggered the rage which was boiling inside Patsy Ramey, from being overwrought from all that she had just come through up until then, with more harrassment awaiting her the very next morning. The flight to Charlevoix and Disneyland next on the list etc., etc.,

All these years later, I haven't changed my mind. It was an accidental death which ended up as a staged murder with both Patsy and John Ramsey involved.

19. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Okay--if I have to...

River Rat, you poor thing, you got that passage all wrong. Here's what really happened:

Patsy: John and I got into yet another fight as I sashayed down the stairwell in what I thought was a scene-stealing black gown. Unfortunately old beady eyes felt differently!

"PATSY!! What on earth are you wearing? It's Christmas, not Holloween! I wouldn't wear that outfit to a DOGFIGHT!!" John seethed!

"Well honey I wouldn't talk. You've put on so much wieght your clothes are bulging in all the wrong places-- You look like ten lbs of sugar in a five lb sack!!" I shot back!

20. Tez

Tez Member

I think the same way you do Elle. I think it was an accident, she panicked, and then she and John staged the scene. By staging the scene, they turned an accidental death into murder. It would have been so much easier to come clean in the beginning, call the ambulance, and maybe just maybe, JB may have been saved.

Patsy would have never seen the inside of a jail. She would have walked with probation, and been done with it. I guess her pride wouldn't let her even consider that option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice