It's Official. Patsy is not doing well. Cancer taking hold.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I would like to thank Sylvia for posting this 13 minutes before anyone else.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3741638,00.html

This article deserves its own thread.

I had recently found out that Patsy's business, Web Book USA, had closed down. Although the number for Web Book was still active.

Once again, the Internet gets the story first before anyone else. How long ago did we know this?

According to the article John recently spoke at a church in Fresno for a fee. The church refused to say how much. It was for $2,500.00 dollars. BUT, that was for both of them. Patsy did not show because of her health.

The church was advertising both John and Patsy would be speaking hours before the event. I have a feeling John didn't tell them until he got there that Patsy wouldn't make it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Tricia I didn't post the link, Jayelles did. I just answered Moab's post

3. Little

Little Member

The last statement in this re:
    We didn't give Patsy cancer - one thing has nothing to do with the other, but I'm not surprised at all that someone would say this - the thing is the irony of that statement - no - not everbody knows the truth - not yet and not until there is a conviction, not a diagnosis.

Little

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

In my opinion, Patsy has gone home to die. In the process of doing this, she has revealed how many tangential pieces of Ramsey family character information come together to paint an unattractive but credible picture.

I think we can now safely say that the move to Michigan was entirely John's idea. He said in 1998 that Patsy hated the snow and cold, and Charlevoix has exposed her to more this past year than she may have ever experienced before in her life. A person does not survive cancer by exposing herself to the things she hates most in life.

In fleeing Michigan, though, Patsy reveals that no matter what impression she wished to give, she never had and does not have now a Charlevoix support structure of intimate friends. Oh, I would not say the people who claim to be her friends there are not willing to be generous with their time and spiritual assistance. What I am saying is that Patsy herself has proven that she rejects their help, and this is not something easily done by someone who genuinely feels bonded in friendship.

By heading to Don Paugh's house, Patsy has given credibility to the theory I proposed on another thread that she and John need Don to feel sorry for them, and how better than to be in his face every day, hair falling out and skin becoming as pale as a ghost? This also gives credibility to my thought that John and Patsy would come to rely on Don's money. John famously has no steady job now. He also famously has no savings and is scrounging for speakers' fees. By definition, Patsy has no health insurance paying for this chemo. Where is the money coming from? Ah, the penny drops, right?

5. Tez

Tez Member

Why_Nut, I agree with everything you have posted here. Especially, the theory about Patsy going home to daddy. IMO, you are spot on!

6. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Little....

Just another twisted line from the Ramsey spin team....I will give the Ramsey's this: They certainly have some long time loyalists fighting their cause eh?! :wood: :wood: :wood: The Ramseys must indeed have some special sort of charisma to have convinced so many people of their innocence....Everyone from judges, to "super" detectives and profilers, to book and news writers....

I have not heard anyone here wish Patsy ill in her fight against cancer and in fact have read many here who keep her in prayer....For her sake and for everyone elses though, I hope she is able to bring herself to tell the truth about what happened to her daughter....The loving God with whom she claims such close affiliation demands the TRUTH in his most fundamental teachings, The Ten Commandments.....

Voyager

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I, too, have to agree,

with all of you an the fact that Patsy has returned home to her Daddy for reasons that we will not ever really know. She wanted out of the snow from Michagan for one thing. All of that sudden move was John being John selfish as ever dragging the family up there.

You know we have not heard a single comment from Don Paugh either for or against the Ramseys. Of course I wouldn't expect anything against them but neither has he ever stepped forward to defend them. I remember many here commenting on his silence for all these years regarding JonBenet's murder. Can we read into it? Probably not. I even at one time suspected him as a participant somehow in this whole thing...or at least in the coverup.

I am sorry that Patsy is having to endure this relapse and all the suffering that goes with it. She is facing perhaps the end of her mortal life. I hope she gets her house in order so to speak as she has the time now to do it. But I have also thought that years and years ago she and John have confessed to Rev Haverstock of whatever they had done and were forgiven for their sins...therefore in thier minds they are now free of guilt here on earth. This I do believe is their mindset. So for Patsy for to come forward now with any type of statement regarding her participation in this murder would not be in her relm of thinking (as she is forgiven). Make any sense?

Also I have to comment on the title of their book as was quoted in that new article. "Death Of Innocence: The Untold Story Of JonBenet's Murder and How It's Exploitation Compromised the Persuit of Truth". Is that really the title? I'm blown away by it as this is the first time I've ever heard it. Obviously I've not read the book nor even seen it in person. I'm just stunned by that whole title. Did all of you know it was that! Exploitation indeed! Holy guaquamole!

8. Elle

Elle Member

I can only repeat what I posted in the other thread. I personally hope Patsy Ramsey recovers from this latest bout of Cancer, because I do want to see her well enough to be charged for the Cover up of an accidental death of little JonBenét.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Forgive me for being cynical when it comes to reading about "healing and miracles" These miracles were certainly not performed when JonBenét was in great need.

9. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

?

John spends the weekends in Charleviox because of Burke?

I could see during the week, but why not spend the weekends with Patsy?

10. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I already gave my opinion on this dumb statement, NO, I am not sorry! I still hold her too responsible for what happened to JonBenét. Also my feeling is that she abused the child, living her life through this innocent child. And no, I do not like her and never will. As far as I am concerned, I do not wish cancer on anyone, not even my worst enemy. Yet, that does not mean I have to immediately like them. At the same time I wonder how much did JonBenét, an innocent child, suffer? What were her last thoughts? I hope for P. Ramsey that if she might die God will be more forgive full then I can be, as I am only human.

11. sue

sue Member

I wondered about that too.
    Why not John and Burke traveling on the weekends to spend time with Patsy?

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

While I read and enjoy all of you daily, I haven't been posting, but I couldn't help but add my two cents here.

I agree with everyone here in that we did not cause her cancer, therefore have no need to apologize. One thing has nothing to do with the other in this case. Like all of you, I am sympathetic to anyone suffering from cancer, but like all of you, I am convinced that Patsy is part of the reason there has never been justice for a little girl. Cancer or no cancer, JonBenet was done a DISservice by her parents and that is for me, even sadder than Patsy's health.

Having said that,

There is a part of me that feels pretty badly for Patsy. This is a woman who has been battling cancer for many years and each time we hear about it, it always seems that John, her UNEMPLOYED husband cannot be by her side at all times, like REAL, LOVING married couples. I can't imagine either hubby or myself "visiting" one another if one was seriously ill. As I have said, like many others over the years, this was not a true loving marriage that others would have us believe.

Years ago, John had his "job", then Burke was just a boy needing parental presence. Now, Burke is an adult and certainly old enough to stay at home alone or with a friend while John stays with his WIFE who "reportedly" may finally be losing her battle at any time.

And..........WHY is it that BOTH of her remaining immediate family aren't with her? If she is truly near death's door, shouldn't her son AND her husband be with her?

Notice that she is always getting treatments alone? Going through her battle alone? Now possibly dying alone.

I remember when I started posting that something was seriously wrong with Burke and we all speculated that he had autism, Aspergers, etc. I am beginning to feel that there is in fact, something very wrong with him.

I think it is very possible that he needs sheltering due to his "problems" (whatever they are) and possibly cannot be left alone.

Even if this was a critical time of year in school, Patsy's husband should be with her, and he rarely is.

The whole story for the past almost nine years is sad indeed.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Patsy is dying.

No comment.

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Hmm

jameson says:-
    Typical jameson spin:-

I went to Atlanta to talk to Lin Wood about my project no-one said she didn't

My project does not include public disclosures on the Ramseys what about private ones to journalists?

It has to do with the murder of Jonbenet Don't think anyone said her project was NOT to do with Jonbenet's death

Still some milk in the Ramsey cow yet.

15. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Maybe Patsy is in Atlanta at her Father's house to be close to her two sisters who may help take care of her?

I know that when my own Mother was dying of cancer she wanted my Dad and I to go away and get on with our lives. She felt like she would be a burden to us.

Maybe John stays in Michigan with Burke to help him get through these last months of school and to try to maintain some element of normalcy for the poor kid.

16. Jayelles

Patsy's father remarried as I recall. Maybe the new wife and Pasy are close. Plus, Melinda Ramsey is a nurse married to a doctor. It makes some sense that patsy will be looked after by people who are not only qualified to do so, but who are also her family and the people who love her most.

I doubt it's her family and real friends who are talking to the press. I think she should be allowed to die in peace and without the intrusion of journalists and folk wanting to make a buck.

17. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Whatever the reason why John can't be with Patsy in what is shaping up to be her most critical time, my prayers go out to them all to make it right with God before going home and that Burke, who at a very vulnerable age himself right now, after all he's been through, will find God's strength to deal with the loss of his mother now too.

That being said, I also agree with Little. No one caused Patsy's cancer including God though I'm sure that all the stress she suffered did pose risk of exacerbation. But that is not anyone's fault either. Other parents have had their children murdered right under their noses yet they are not all over the media whining about it and who knows what those good people who don't have the Ramseys' wealth and power connections are suffering. I'm sure some of them are battling cancer, divorce, poverty, and all kinds of horrors the human existence imposes on all of us at times. And none of them are charging thousands to whine about it officially. What we have been fighting for is Patsy's daughter's right to justice, like Little says, a conviction, not a diagnosis, because her parents have not and she cannot. Their only fight besides cancer has been to exhonerate themselves and they have restored their coffers in the process, not one penny of which has ever been spent finding "the killer" of their daughter, just fabricating exculpatory "evidence". Tragically JonBenet's diagnosis came on an autopsy table. That will not be Patsy's fate. I would imagine all those other parents of murdered children would be thanking us for the vigil we've kept. How un-Ramsey they are, eh?

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Jay, I doubt if Patsy and her step-mother are close. Don and his new wife hadn't been married that long when the Ramseys moved to Charlevoix. Plus, never underestimate the blood bond between Southern women. Patsy LOVED her mama, and I doubt she feels much of anything for the woman who replaced her.

Melinda is Patsy's step-daughter and has her own mother there in Atlanta. I can't see Melinda doing the daily care for Patsy because they've never been that close, and Melinda has her own family to look after.

I CAN see Patsy's sisters coming to stay with her, and take care of her at their father's house (in addition to qualified care from a home hospice) ... IF her cancer is truly at an end stage. Being in Atlanta instead of Charlevoix would be much more convenient for the blood family Patsy has left ... her dad and sisters ... so help her with whatever treatment and care she needs at this time.

Burke is 18 and should be able to stay with friends in Charlevoix to finish the last few weeks of school. For most seniors in high school, this last month is almost a "blow off" time anyway except for finals. If nothing else, I would think Burke and John would be visiting Patsy on the weekends.

In reality, John has never been there for Patsy. Why should he start now?

19. Jayelles

Perhaps "close" isn't the right word. I doubt Patsy would stay with her father and stepmother at such a low point in her life if there wasn't a good relationship going on there. My guess is that they get along and possibly get along well. Maybe GP married a family friend? Someone Patsy has known for a while?

Nor would I jump to the conclusion that Patsy would resent her new stepmother. Much as loved my dear late father, I'd be pleased if my mother met someone else who made her happy. I think everyone should have someone.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ah Jay, I didn't say Patsy resented her new stepmother, I just said I doubt she feels anything for her. I'm sure they probably get along well enough, but I don't see how they could be that close since they've not spent much time together ... unless, as you said, the stepmother is an old family friend.

And you are a dear heart, but not everyone feels the way you do that "everyone should have someone." I've seen plenty of resentment towards stepmothers and stepfathers in families. It's too bad everyone doesn't have the same attitude you do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice