Cybersleuths has been sold

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, May 13, 2005.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

If you can believe anything groo says, Cybersleuths has been sold.

Since many of groo's incriminating posts tend to disappear, and since many of our own members have already been burned by groo, I thought it prudent to document the following posts here where they won't be deleted when groo thinks she might be in trouble.

In reaction to questions from some members at CS about their personal information, groo gives her usual evasive answers:

--------------------

--------------------

You will note that groo never answers the questions about their personal information. I'll answer it for her. She sold it to the new owners. She screwed every last one of her posters and those who ever registered at CS. I suspect that even though she banned anyone who spoke up against the abuse that took place at CS, our personal information was still intact. Did she have the right to sell it? Apparently, she thinks she did.

I don't think that was very smart of groo. Someone might just turn around and sue her every which way but loose. Just because she has absolved herself of any responsibility doesn't mean the law will absolve her.

2. Watching You

Before you go and get your panties in a wad, groo, be informed that many of us here at FFJ have a reasonable and viable interest in what becomes of OUR personal information at CS, the forum that Skydog founded and somehow, though you've always denied it, you now claim to own, along with his Skydog identity.

It is to our best interests, legally, to be informed of continued developments in the sale of CS and anything concerning our personal information. Therefore, I will continue to copy anything you post at CS that legally affects the posters at FFJ.

I don't trust you, groo. Nobody should, IMO.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Well I have always followed an heuristic which was given to me on the advice of a lawyer with regard to tracking down organisations who pass on your peronsal information to other organisations.

When I register on an Internet forum, I never use my full, real name. Instead I use a middle name and my maiden name and I always slightly alter the variation.

e.g. Patsy Paugh, Patty Paugh, Patricia Paugh, Patricia Ann Paugh, Pat Paugh etc....

If anything came back to me with one of these spellings, I'd be able to pinpoint who it was who shared my details :)

This is perfectly legal.

4. Watching You

All I know is if I told my members their personal information was safe with me, I'd eat the information before I ever let anyone else get their hands on it, unless it was a legal seizure by law enforcement, in which case I would obey the law.

It is betrayal of the worse kind to sell your members' information.

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

IN the UK, we have a law called the Data Protection Act which requires that any organisation who stores personal information about others abides by certain standards. Organisations are required to register with the Data Protection Registrar and to list the purposes that they will use the information for. They are required to keep the information accurate and up to date and to keep it confidential. They are only allowed to sell the information if they register their intention to do so. Failure to comply with the DPA can result in huge penalties and anyone who suffers are a result of an organisation's failure to comply with the Act can sue for compensation.

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Dishonesty of this sort makes me so angry. Groo may not realize it but so many are angry at this betrayal you can't believe it.

I am on it. If Groo does not respond to my email I will have my lawyer contact the new owner with the information that Groo sold personal info to them without authority to do so. That will make the new owner take action fast.

Remember, Groo took money from all of us to keep CS running. I know I gave at least 300 dollars. Now she has made a ton of money off of the sale of CS. The MOST IMPORTANT thing the owner wants is the traffic and the info. That's why CS was able to sell at such a high price.

From the CS Terms of Service:

We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Note: Nowhere does it say CS has the right to SELL or REVEAL our info to a for profit third party.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It just looks fishy to me. Not as fishy as the swamp, but fishy. I thought it was a non-profit organization, anyway. Not that I'm up on exactly what that means.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Looks to me everyone there has been fooled. Nice to have personal information go over in to the hands of others.

And if I understand it correctly, someone ran off with the money belonging to others who paid for that site to keep it going? Real nice!

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Hmmmmm anyone know how much money Groo made from the sale of the 'free' forum? Glad I quit long ago beofre Groo and company.

Quite frankly when SKydog left CS and Candy took over, it went totally down hill. What a pity.

CS really died years ago for me.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Just great.....

Yet one more mystery SideShow added to the list.

Tricia, I would like to take this opportunity to publically thank you for keeping it real since day one. There's no guessing or wondering when it comes to you and that just might be why you're my AllTime Favorite Hostess with The Mostest.

SmoochSmooch
    RR

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Question:

I registered at Cybersleuths three times, each time with a fake name and a hotmail or yahoo address. What personal info are all of you talking about?

Groo knows nothing about me or my three identities at CS.

12. Tricia

Most used a real email address. Those are the things that are worth the money as well as the list of IP's. Groo now has your IP.

I am not well versed enough in how all of this works. I do know it is a big enough issue that many Internet sites promise not to sell your email or IP addys to anyone. Also, company pay big bucks for email lists.

What can be done with this info? Spam lists, somehow attach cookies to follow you around to see what products you are interested in. These are a few things that come to mind.

If someone knows more about this please post it.

Also it is an integrity issue. I can promise you that if people knew Groo was gong to sell their info they never would have registered. It is very sleazy on her part.

You were fortunate Lurker, CS didn't allow most to register with a free email.

13. Tricia

Awww. I am getting a big gooey warm fuzzy. Thank you. Smooch Smooch right backatcha.

14. Watching You

From Cranky Candy's lips to your ears:

Isn't it amazing that Skydog still owns the forum but he's nowhere to be found? Isn't it amazing that groo claims to own the forum? If, as Cranky states, Skygod, oops, Skydog, owns the forum, shouldn't he get the $$$? So many questions, so few answers.

Skydog has sunk way down in my estimation. He's the one who let the forum go to the biggest idiots on the forum.

15. Watching You

How is it possible that one person could be so self-centered as to think CS got hacked because of her posts against Justice Watch about Krebs/FW? Is it actually possible that she can't see far enough past her own ego to understand there was a war going on right on JW regarding the Krebs/FW fiasco? Does she think anyone on JW really cared what she thought? Why would she even think those she calls the gutter would hack into CS (as if most of knew how, haha), when we were fighting against the Krebbies ourselves?

Cranky would be a marvelous study for a psychology major in college. Such a wealth of information there on narcissistic, abusive people and what makes them tick.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Cause she is a legend in her own mind, that's how!

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Truth be known, Skydog and I are in Mexico these days searching for our lost shaker of salt.

OK, not really. Skydog may be; I'm not.

18. RiverRat

Hey, WY......

Want to see my emails from SkyDog where we were discussing working on a book together or would that really send ScaryMary into another tizzy?

I still have a tender spot for CS and I will give Candy one teenytiny bit of credit for previously knowing a good thing when she saw one.....like me. And Steve and The Whites.........but.......okay, it IS a big BUT, if I recall correctly, I did see pretty much each and everyone of you taking a stand during the BeatFleet days. :yay: And it had NOTHING to do with Candy. I would personally like to take all the credit, LOL, but I can't......something about the amazing thinking caps wore by all DECENT members that are still waiting patiently for justice after all these years instead of being a DISHONOR attached to her legacy.

Candy wants a book deal out of her online time. No big surprise there, she has tried this with SkyDog and Darnay only to fall flat on her little swamp face. Oh well, I find so little amusing in this crazy world anymore so at least if nothing else.......I still have my laughs.

RR

19. RiverRat

At the time, Candy blamed the hacking on those Award Winning Queens that hated ALL of us with the same Gusto. Weird how things are a Blur for Hir these days, huh?

RR

20. Tricia

Yes, Please post the emails from Skydog. I don't believe he existed. Groo has been the owner of CS for many years. All the "Skydog" posts were from Groo in the past few years.

Also, the domain is still listed under Skydog's name but with Groo's contact info. How can she sell it if Skydog still owns it? Because, Groo and Skydog have been one in the same for a number of years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice