DOI Discussion

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, May 13, 2005.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

This thread is for discussion of anything posted on the DOI Analogy Thread!

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Bravo Once Again

I just wanted to say that I remember when Sylvia posted these chapter by chapter on LPN way back when

I remember waiting for each and every installment and being absolutely fascinated by Sylvia's insight and commentary

Excellent piece of work by Sylvia. It is so worth reading

Thank you for finding it and bringing it back to us

A MUST read

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yes, Sylvia is the best at critiquing the ***. Excellent points and I agreed with her 100%!

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Barbara, I know you asked for it a long time ago. Unfortunatelly other things got in between, work.... Besides that most chapters had gone lost. A very good friend of mine who send me the book the first time has send it to me again. So I am working as hard as I can to try to restore the whole bookwork I once made.

Thor, thanks, I know you always liked it too :)

5. Elle

Elle Member

Sylvia,

I look forward to reading this, Sylvia. I have a visitor here from Scotland just now, and will read it at every opportunity.
    So glad this was recovered. Such a lot of work!

6. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Sylvia's chapters were the best!!!!!! :bowdown: No doubt about it. I too looked forward to each installation.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thanks for doing this, Sylvia!
    Patsy said that pic was her favorite pic of JonBenet when she and John were on Larry King Live in March 2000. Interesting, isn't it, with her hair being in a lower ponytail and her back to the camera? Why, isn't this the same view her killer(s) had of her as she was being strangled?

-Tea

8. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Interesting are these two pieces of information. On 48 Hours, Patsy said she felt JonBenet was an "old soul," because her eyes could "look right through you." And on Larry King, Patsy identifies her favorite picture of JonBenet as one where she cannot see JonBenet's eyes.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Elle, I hope you enjoy yourself with your visitor. :yes:

Show it is somewhat changed, I can't get it exactly the same as before. Noticed some aditional things and might have forgotten about others. :)

10. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

You're welcome!

Actually the same thing crossed my mind. And from what I understand from Dr. Werner Spitz also the same view when her head received that horrible blow.

BTW, I've put up chapter 3

11. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Really? Must have missed that in those transcripts. But on it's own it says a lot at least to me it does, they can't look her in the eyes anymore. Guilt?

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The above is the biggest reason why they are the most infamous parents in the country if not the world IMO. It is the reason I am still haunted by this case so many years later and why this editorial hits home with me.

While some may be critical that because they were wealthy, JonBenet was a beautiful child, etc., etc. this case brought so much attention, it is not true for most.

I have always followed forensics and have followed many murder cases. While JonBenet was indeed a beautiful child, her death is no more tragic than any other child who is abused or murdered. The family's wealth and the prancing around of a "beauty queen" in those initial days of media coverage is not what got me addicted to this case.

IT WAS THE RAMSEYS REACTIONS AND BEHAVIORS that got my attention. Never have I, nor anyone else for that matter seen parents of a victimized child behave like the Ramseys. Never have I seen parents refuse to cooperate with a police investigation, have to require lawyers and bargaining to be questioned, have to demand "requirements" for an interview, go on CNN to persuade the public of their "innocence", and the list can go on and on and on.

Jessica Lundsford's father comes to mind. The VanDams come to mind. These are parents that, despite their despair and grief did everything possible to help the police find those responsible for their child's victimization. Mr. Lundsford is a man with little means, not particularly educated and humble; yet refused to allow his own ego and the risk of being accused of his daughter's disappearance to stop him from helping the police. No lawyers, no bargaining, no bullsh-t! Just a man who LOVED his daughter.

The Ramseys like to affiliate themselves with parents such as these, but to this day, have not been embraced by any!

Why is that?

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Amen!

Yo...Ramseys...this is for you...
    :rs:

14. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

That is so eerie, Why Nut!

15. Tez

Tez Member

What bothers me the most I guess, is the fact that the broken window and the strange van were never mentioned to LE. JR knew she was dead, so there was no point in even mentioning these things to LE. He made sure he mentioned the window to FW though.

Also, when Sylvia gets to the time that John says JB was discovered really seals it for me. 11 in the morning, and he didn't bring her up until approx. 1 in the afternoon? Something smells here folks.

As far as contaminating the body with Patsy's fibers, that was planned, no doubt in my mind. They had this down to a science.

16. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Chapter 1, part 1
    One would think that JonBenet would've been able to recognize the names of her immediate family members by that time but, like you said, Sylvia, apparently such a thing wasn't a priority for Patsy. I thought what John wrote on page 2 was just as interesting- Now, with Christmas morning here, Santa had just one more thing to do before the little ones waiting on the third floor were allowed to rip into the picturesque setting. I slipped out into the garage and quickly wheeled in a new bike for Patsy." John refers to himself as being Santa. Then, on page 3, Patsy remarks "Boy, that Santa. He's really full of surprises this year!" Rather eyebrow-raising in light of JonBenet's comment about a special visit from Santa which she was supposed to keep a secret.

And we not only have JonBenet's dismissal of the My Twinn doll and her not wanting to dress like her mother that evening but Patsy gets a new bike for Christmas just like JonBenet. Geez! Makes me wonder if Patsy received a make your own jewelry kit, too.

-Tea

17. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I missed that one for sure :blush: You got a real good one there. And it is indeed a rather disturbing concidering the socalled special Santa visit JB was talking about.

No, she most likely got some K-Mart jewelry :cheerful:

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  18. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

That is what he told two persons involved, his eldest son and his daughter's fiancé.

But there is more during the Tracey interview he said something real stupid as well. I don't think I added it to the DOI pages, but still have the following from some other pages I had:

Then we have "sat around for four hours". Now this is a perfect one, or he, the CEO of a huge Business, had a terrible problem with counting. Or, he lying. The 911 call came in at 5:52 A.M. Now, add four hours, and where does that leave you? If you can count, it brings you to about 10:00 A.M. They call at 5:52, wait four hours (10:00 A.M.) and the body was officially found at 1:00 P.M. Guess what? Three hours are missing, but hat the heck?

I don't use everything I see, because it would keep me on writting for years. :)

19. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Barbara, Moab that is exactly what motivated me to write those pages long time ago, same thing that motivates me now to re-write them in about the same manner. I know the further I get I will get more and more irritated by their behavior. That book....... :shutup:

20. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Chapter 2
    The NE ran a story shortly after the Ramseys were at this marketing meeting for Thomas Nelson Publishers in Dec 1999 to sell their upcoming book. At the meeting, Patsy pulled out a bottle of shampoo and said she washed her hair with it that morning because of its promise for a better and happier life but "That's not the way life turned out for me." The people at the meeting were taken aback by this. Now, I don't know which morning she is talking about. Was it the morning of the marketing meeting? Was it Christmas morning of 1996?

As far as her putting on her makeup quickly, well, on June 23, 1998 we have this from the police interrogation (pg 142 of NE's The Police Files)-

TH: Foundation. Okay. Are there other things that you put on-
    PR: Blush, lipstick. I probably didn't really do a terrific job. I mean just putting, just get a little bit on and go, you know.
    TH: Okay. And how long do you think all that in the bathroom took?
    PR: Oh, 20, 30 minutes.

20 to 30 minutes? 20 to 30 freakin' minutes?!!! And she's just putting a little on? Of course, never mind the fact that even if it took her the minimum of 20 minutes, like she said, the time would already be 5:50 a.m. and she'd only have two minutes to do all those other things she said she did, not to mention all that occurred between her "finding the ransom note" and calling 911 at 5:52 a.m.!!!!!

-Tea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice