Was JonBenet really beaten ?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Golden_Rose, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Golden_Rose

Golden_Rose Member

Ever since JonBenet was found dead News reporters & the Media have always said
    " 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her own home."
    Was there any evidence that she was really beaten or was it just the media trying to make it look worse and grab people's attention ?

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Golden Rose,

first of all welcome to the FFJ. Lovely hat you are wearing. I think the reason that the word "beaten" has been used is because of the huge hole in JonBenet's skull found at autopsy. Now I grant you that that hole could have come from being thrown against something solid like the tub or toilet base but since it is positioned near the top back of her skull it appears more likely to have been caused by being hit over the head with a heavy object such as a flashlight. We have some very good experts here that will no doubt weigh in on this that can give you a more credible answer but for now that is my explanation. :2cents:

Again welcome. :wave:

3. Little

Little Member

Great post Golden_Rose. You have hit upon one of (just one of mind you - there are many) the things that make me nutty when I read JonBenet news stories. At some point in time it's as if they all copied and pasted the same ending sentence to their stories "JonBenet was found beaten and strangled". In some of the very earliest media stories, the more correct summary of "JonBenet was found dead in the basement of her family home" was used. Thanks for bringing this up.

I agree with you zoomama, it's probably not technically wrong, however, it is somewhat misleading - that's probably no accident.

Little

4. Golden_Rose

Golden_Rose Member

Thank for the welcome zoomama :angel:
    I post this subject because it just always disturbed me the way that the Media was putting the word out, in the beggining they were making it so horrid.
    When I first heard about the JonBenet Ramsey case I was like " Who would beat up a 6 year old child ?"
    So I have alway wondered about if she was beatend or not.

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

'Beaten' refers to the head injury which fractured JonBenet's skull. Although she did have some other smaller wounds on her body, they were listed as mere abrasions in the autopsy oreport and probably came form the peri- and/or post-mortem handling of the body by the stager(s) of the scene.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The only actual bruise was on her shoulder. http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/shoulder.jpg

The small round "abrasions" were not really bruises (there is one visible in this photo) and the petechiae on her neck, etc. aren't bruises either. Other than the internal vaginal bruising her shoulder is the only visible bruise.

7. heymom

heymom Member

Great point! Glad to have you here!

I guess the press backed away from saying, "6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found dead, with her skull bashed in and a cord around her neck." "Beaten and strangled" is like a catch-phrase, but it's very inaccurate. People who are "beaten" are repeatedly hit, and JonBenet was hit only once (or hit something only once, as in a hard surface, as some believe).

8. Little

Little Member

This is how I would write it...

9. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

She also wasn't "found".

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

How would you word it?

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

So you believe John Ramsey knew the body was in the wine cellar when he made a beeline for that room right after Det Arndt told him to search the house?

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I do.

Firmly.

13. Thor

Thor Active Member

Absolutely no question in my mind that this is so.

14. heymom

heymom Member

Me three! John got impatient when JonBenet's body wasn't found quickly enough, and was just waiting for SOMEONE to find her, finally when LE told him to search the house again, he went into CEO mode and JUST DID IT! He tried to fake surprise but he ain't that great an actor.

15. Tril

Tril Member

Nope, John didn't FIND the body. And let's not forget Patsy's reaction when Fleet, running up the basement stairs, yelled that JonBenet had been found. Instead of jumping up and running to embrace her daughter - who, for all Patsy should have known at that point, was still alive - Patsy had to be coaxed and led toward the "find."

16. heymom

heymom Member

Yeah, how did Patsy know that JonBenet was dead? She reacted for all the world as if she already knew that JonBenet was dead, when the more likely scenario was that JonBenet, if found in the house, would be alive???

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

John was involved in the cover-up (if not in much more ...)

I firmly believe that too. John knew the body was in there - no question about it imo.
    John's behavior indicates that was involved at least in the cover-up and is a challenge to those PDIs who believe Patsy acted all alone with John having no clue what had happened.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I absolutely believe that ANY parent would have come running with words of "we found her". Certainly INNOCENT parents would have no reason to believe she was dead if found in the house

19. heymom

heymom Member

If we imagine ourselves in that position...

I'd be running toward whomever was saying "We found her!" asking "Is she OK? Is she OK?" while inwardly believing that it was just a mistake and my child was hiding all that time...I'd feel angry to think that my son (b/c I don't have daughters) had played such a foolish and harmful prank, but I'd be starting to feel relief that he was still in the house (not thinking that he could be dead).

Patsy stayed put, already dreading the sight of JonBenet's stone cold dead body, because she KNEW JonBenet WAS dead. The act of praying and begging God for a Lazarus re-do was just an act to convince others that Patsy was in shock and grief. But as with many borderline personalities, Patsy got it wrong. She did what she *thought* should be done, but without the true emotional commitment behind it - it was a false and empty role.

A real mother would have stayed with her baby as long as possible, not left her body under the Christmas tree like a broken doll and walked away.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

But a ransom note would exclude a "the child played a prank" situation.

Their concocted ransom note tied the Ramseys to their "the killers took revenge because we did not follow their instructions" scenario.
    That inauthentic "Lazarus perfomance" raises a red flag. Behavior is evidence too, and Patsy speaking in such a situation as if she was on stage conveys that something just was not right. It reeks of falseness - a guilty person was trying to to hide the truth.
    Twelve hours earlier, the Ramseys had already decided that the broken doll was 'beyond repair', which is why they did not even call for medical help. Instead they callously tied a cord around their child's neck and jabbed a paintbrush into her vagina. They both are sociopaths imo, for only sociopaths are able to do this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice