Explosions in London

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JC, Jul 7, 2005.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

At least six explosions in the subway. On tv this morning.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Yes JC, we have been watching the news. I have received e-mails from my relations in Scotland, who were telling us about the riots in Edinburgh a few days ago. So much going on. At first I thought it might have been the IRA, but they have been quiet for quite some time now, and I think this is more Alqueida according to the news we're hearing.

So, here we go again JC. Once more the terrorists want to put the fear of death into all of us.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Hi, Elle. Daughter was in London less than two weeks ago. She said everyone there was so excited about the upcoming announcement of who would host the olympics.

London won that yesterday.

And now this today. :cry:

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It's awful. My husband works in London but he's OK. He's trying to get home just now. The flights seem to be operating normally.

One of the bombs went off at Liverpool St station and until a few months ago, we rented a flat immediately opposite Liverpool St station. I loved it. I always worried about security because it's a large, pivotal station in London - very conveniently situated and with tons of character, but a good target for terrorists.

If we'd still had the flat, I would quite possibly have been there now because I tended to go down during school holidays.

It's so sad. They don't seem to know how many people were killed on the bus. Reports say that there is blood and body parts everywhere - splattered on buildings too.

5. Elle

Elle Member

I'm glad she's home now, JC. Quite a few people at home are thinking this could also be a reason for the bombing. Who knows? I'm just wondering exactly whereabouts in London, these Olympics will be held (?).

6. Elle

Elle Member

Hope your husband makes it home ok Jay. Worrying to be in this area right now. My husband worked in Leicester Square for 5 years with his U.S. company many years ago, and he took the underground train every day. I'm happy we're not there now. This is all very sad, and makes one feel so helpless when all we can do is watch it on the news.

Even when we were stationed in England for that spell, the IRA set a bomb off in Harrod's about an hour after we had just shopped there, so back then, it wasn't safe either. What a sick world we live in.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Lo, I'm glad she's home now, too, Elle. What I heard was that those responsible want England to withdraw their troops from Iraq.

Jayelles, I'm so glad you and yours are ok.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, for sure, JC, they want all the foreigners out of there. Was your daughter just there on holiday?

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It was one of those educational tours, Elle.

10. FreeFalling

FreeFalling Banned for Stupidity

Great that your daughter is home, JC. What a relief!!

Jayelles, I thought about you when I first heard about the explosions. Glad to know you and yours are ok.

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Sick, sick b*stards! Geezzz....glad Elle and Jayelles weren't there at the time. I feel so sorry for the victims and their families. Plus sheesh, if I lived in London I'd be shaken!

I think the Brits will get some good evidence from the video cameras. I'm glad Mr. Blair mentioned it was only a few deranged sick muslims....and Muslims do not support the terrorism at all.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you kindly, Show Me. when we were in England, I will admit to being nervous of the IRA, and having an Irish background made it very hard to understand and accept, but now we have a double whammy with the terrorist business getting into the act.

The IRA even teach their children to throw petrol bombs and stones at the British army. They have been very quiet for a few years now, and I'm hoping the 911 twin towers tragedy may have made the IRA realize where hatred could lead them. It has been smouldering for years. It's time for them to teach their children better values in life.

13. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

To All Of Our British Friends....

Along with all of our other FFJ members, I want to offer all of you and your countrymen my most sincere sympathy for your loss and our support in the coming months in hopes of helping with your recovery and in finding out the identy of the terrorist....

A Day of Infamy in the life of your country and of the Free World....It hurts us all....May God watch over each of you in the coming days and tend to your lost and your wounded as He always does....

Please do come here with your sorrow, your fears and your news....We are your friends and are always here for you....

:grouphug: and Blessings to you all,
    Voyager

14. Jayelles

I sense an uncertainty that this was Al Qaeda and some experts are talking about "home grown" terrorist groups.

A Londoner friend called me last night to tell me that her sister had witnessed the bus explosion. The sister works for the British Medical Association which is in Tavistock Square where the bus blew up. She is very traumatised after helping with injuries. She said the smell was awful. The media reported that there was blood and bodyparts all over the surrounding buildings. They have only reported that there were "at least two" people\killed on the bus - yets eyewitnesses say that the bus was full. My friend's sister said they used the BMA courtyard as a makeshift mortuary and that there were way more than two bodies. It's horrific.

My friend also told me some of the other effects of the attack - human stories which don't make the news. ANother of her friends has been ill in hospital for over a week and she was sent home because they needed her bed. She said that there were many patients sent home early because although they were ill, they were a lower priority than some of the injured from the attack.

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

My thoughts

I would like to echo Vogager's sentiments.

My thoughts and prayers are with all our friends in London.

As a New Yorker, I can say that we are almost as devastated as those in London after such a horrible event. What you won't see on the news are the faces and "mood" of New Yorkers who lived through 9/11. This is not to imply that the rest of the world is not devastated as well for all in London, but I have noticed here (and can speak to New York) that the mood is akin to the mood right after the WTC fell. New Yorkers have become especially sensitive to these events now and the somber faces I am seeing punctuate this statement.

Jayelles, I am happy you and yours are safe and my deepest sympathy and thoughts are with those suffering the terrible loss of their friends and family

Bless you all

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

There is only one thing to say that is truly appropriate:

HEARTLESS, LOVELESS, BASTARD!

17. Elle

Elle Member

All I could think of when this happened was the tragedy of 911 and the magnitude of that disaster. This latest bombing is just a taste of it for the U.K. I think al Queda/ Al Queda/Al Quieda/Alqueida are sending all of us a reminder of what they have already done, and what they can still do.

18. Jayelles

Woah. I can't believe she said that. Presumably she posted it at the hate forum?

A few people here have commented that yesterday's attacks were relatively minor compared to 911 and the Madrid and Bali attacks - but is that the point? We're all fighting the same battle. We are allies in the war against terror.

19. Jayelles

Ps

I found her hate thread. Candy's anti-British sentiments are inbred BTW. Her family are from Ireland and they hated the Brits. She once made a post which suggest4ed to me that she personally harboured some old bitterness - long since buried by the wonderful Irish people of today. I wonder what her feelings about the IRA are?

Anyway, most people are aware that Candy's hate filled rants aren't worth a button. However, she has shown a LOT of ignorance in choosing the title for her thread. The title of that thread has a totally different meaning to what she intended and it makes her look very foolish :)

(I'll explain privately to anyone who's curious).

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Jayelles......

Curiosity Never Killed the Rat, so please do PM me me, Sweetie. I am so sorry that your family was way too close for comfort in London yesterday and now to read that the little FREAK has once again confirmed my firm belief that EVIL IS AMONGST US as long as the air she breathes continues. How Sick can One Chick freaking be?!

Rat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice