Default Dylan Groene Remains Identified

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Human remains found at a remote campsite in Montana last week have been identified as those of 9-year-old Dylan Groene, the Idaho boy who was kidnapped seven weeks ago, authorities said Sunday. Kootenai County Sheriff Rocky Watson announced the finding in a short news release. The FBI lab in Quantico, Va., made the identification using DNA evidence. No other details were immediately available.

The identification ends any hope that Dylan might have been found alive, as his 8-year-old sister Shasta was a week ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050710/...ssing_children
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

I was wondering why Shasta didn't ask for help when they were in public places. Maybe she witnesses the death of Dylan after her family and knew she was the only one left. Fear can make us do all kinds of things. Thank God she is safe.

I have an idea he probably threatened to kill her family or something. I'm not altogether sure she knew he already had killed her family - he may have done that after he tied the two kids up and put them in the car. I think he went in the house, held the family at gunpoint, tied them up, went in the bedroom to get Shasta and Dylan, tied them up and put them in the car, then went back in the house and killed her family.

Poor little girl must have been so terrorized. That SOB will be a marked man in prison, for sure.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    I have an idea he probably threatened to kill her family or something. I'm not altogether sure she knew he already had killed her family - he may have done that after he tied the two kids up and put them in the car. I think he went in the house, held the family at gunpoint, tied them up, went in the bedroom to get Shasta and Dylan, tied them up and put them in the car, then went back in the house and killed her family.

Poor little girl must have been so terrorized. That SOB will be a marked man in prison, for sure.
    I think I read somewhere that her mother got she and Dylan out of bed and walked them into the living room where they witnessed the other three being tied up, and then they were tied up and taken to the truck.

She must have known her Mom was dead though, since she asked for her Dad at Dennys and he was the non-custodial parent at the time of the abduction. (One would have thought a natural reaction would have been to ask for the parent with whom you were living.)

I agree after the kids were put in his truck, Duncan went back in and killed the other three..., however they were beaten not shot. I also agree a gun must have been used, or else three people would have been able to overpower Duncan, not get tied up by him.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

I just couldn't hold out any hope that Dylan was alive after what I'd heard about that perverted puke.