9,000 Sharpies later, deputy DA Peter Hofstrom retires

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

Hofstrom's work on the never-solved JonBenet Ramsey homicide case thrust him into the national spotlight. Hunter, in a controversial decision, ultimately took him off the case.

"I had no regrets about that decision, but it hurt people," Hunter said. "That's all I'll say about that."

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Not immediately recognizing the young woman, Hofstrom invited her to take a seat, and she shared with him her experience as a defendant he once prosecuted. She had done her time in prison and was now getting her life back together on the outside.

She told Hofstrom she appreciated the way he treated her — fairly and with respect.

That's almost funny. I'd need confirmation on that.

This is funny. "He is a tremendous litigator," said District Attorney Mary Lacy, who after her election in 2000 reshuffled attorneys and demoted Hofstrom.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Magnificent News!!!

Thank God that another is gone from the Evil Empire.......just in case another rich family whacks out the daughter and the check book. :devil:

RR

4. wombat

wombat Member

SHARPIES!!!

Could this be a new, unforeseen clue? The Smoking Sharpie? We all thought it was Patsy's Sharpie - perhaps our judgment was too clouded to see the real source.

Anyway. Good to see another crack Boulder LE official depart. Can they do interviews/write books after they leave office, I wonder - now that Lin Wood isn't able to sue the world. This guy has seen all the evidence. If there is anything we don't know, I'd like to know about it.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I always thought he took a few blows to the head.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

R.I.P. - Retire in Peace, Mr. Hofstrom, on the bodies of all dead children whose perps you allowed to walk.

Boulder's shame - reminds me of the Warren Commission Report that shall remain sealed until 3 generations of Kennedys have passed away. Perhaps it will be our great grandchildren who will finally see justice for JonBenet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice