The Investigators on Court TV

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Texan, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I know many of you have already watched this farce about the JBR case but I decided to try to watch it for the first time tonight. It was outrageous and I couldn't even finish watching it. The things they stated as fact would curl your toes! I had to contact them and tell them they should be ashamed but they are such idiots I know it is useless. I do not have to watch that chanel anymore though. They have zero credibility. :unreal:

2. Elle

Elle Member

Was it the same type of documentary, Texan, as the one shown on A & E with Bill Kurtis? I don't get the channel up here in Canada for Court TV. The A & E one also had flaws. I know how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Good grief!

I saw the program last night on Court TV. Many of the “investigators†were new to me. The entire theme of the program was the innocence of the Ramsey’s, and the devious intent of the authorities to “look at no one but the Ramsey’s as possible suspects.â€

It was, without a doubt, the biggest crock I have seen to date.
    Old Smitty was up front and personal; spouting the same old same old. A lot of play was given to the stun gun theory and to the young man in Boulder who killed himself after JBR’s murder. As if this had anything to do with the case, a new twist was brought into play, concerning the latter. The featured “investigator†claims that the young man was murdered, leaving the viewers of this creepy program more confused than ever.

The clip of “deep pockets†Alex Hunter, as he adresses
    the culprit (via national tv) early on, with his famous quote, “we’re going to find you,†was so out of context that it must have given the uninitiated viewers the impression that old Alex was a greatest D.A. on planet earth. What a crock! Shame on Court TV and shame on whoever produced this laughable rendition of the most irresponsible reporting I have seen on any subject to date.

All this, plus the fragment of the boot print; again, presented, along with the rest of the “clues,†in such a convoluted manner as to question the sanity of those who participated in this crock full of nonsense. Good grief, people, come back to the forums and voice your outrage! Enough already.

Greenleaf

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

:viking: I think I'm outraged out, to be perfectly honest with you.

5. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

10 years of nonstop ridiculous bullchit is a powerful desensitizer. Yet JonBenet is still dead and her assailant remains free to try to kill our sensitivities as well. Couple that with utter impotence to do anything about it and for the sheer sake of survival from the depravity, one is forced to walk a different road. The best movie quote in years, paraphrased (from "The Devil's Advocate"): The greatest victory the devil ever had was to convince people he doesn't exist.

Perhaps THAT is the only strategy left for the RST to employ.

:hopmad:

6. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

not Bill Kurtis

No, the show wasn't the same one as the A&E show. I guess I should have recorded it but I was too nauseated to think of it at the time. If I notice it coming on I will record it for those that don't get that chanel - but I won't watch it again! I just know that hell must not be a big fire, it is really being strapped in a chair and having to watch endless reruns of that show.

It makes me wonder who paid to have that program produced and the motive for it. They had that P.I. San Augustin on there and made it sound like he was working for the D.A.'s office.

I got an automated e-mail response from court tv thanking me for my input but saying they just got too much e-mail to have an actual person respond. I'd bet some money my e-mail wasn't even read. :burnedup:

7. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

makes you wonder

Got to thinking about the lies that are broadcasted....and now wonder if you can believe ANY of the cases they present are correct. Seems they add whatever one thinks is interesting, though not true.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Texan,

I got the same type of automatic email resopnse to something I wrote to Catherine Crier when she promoted some Ramsey bullsmit to her audience. I used to think she was pretty good being a former judge and all. But after that bunch of crap she spewed I gave up on her and wrote a scathing letter to Court TV and especially to her. I got a quick response the same as you. I will bet with you that that response is automatic and has nothing what so ever to do with anything.

And BTW yesterday on her program she had a sorta famous PI Named Ernie Rizzo who was talking about the case of Natalee Holloway. Ernie thinks the mother of Natalee is aiming at the wrong 3 young men. And he thinks it may have been someone from her own group of class mates who have now long since scattered. Anyway Catherine went so far as to agree with Ernie that the case of the missing Teen is very much flawed "just like the JonBenet Ramsey" case was flawed from the beginning with shoddy police work. How about them apples!

What I dont' get is why would she have given the Ramsey camp any time on her program to tell of their lies and untruths if she feels that the case was done in by shoddy police work? Go figure.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Just thinking of JBR...

JonBenet would be turning 15 this week, if those in charge of protecting her had let her live.

I wonder what kind of a teenager she would have been?

10. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Lurker

Sadly, dear Lurker, you have no further to look than her mother.

11. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

a fad

I think it is a fad thing with the media now. It's more popular with the general public to say the cops goofed up and the parents are really innocent. Nobody wants to think loving parents could do that kind of violence to their little girl.
    So instead of maintaining any integrity at all they just respew Lou's bull and go home feeling self-righteous. Plus, it's alot easier for them to just show whatever Lou has already produced, they don't have to do any investigating of their own. Then the general public can keep their heads comfortably burried in the sand. :curse:

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

You are right Texan...and we need to remember what part of the anatomy they leave exposed as they are bent over with their head in the sand too!

13. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I don't think it's a fad at all. The networks lost the lawsuits and/or settled, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that part of the settlements were agreements to show programs heavy on the "exxonerating evidence." You know to balance out the truth-- I mean the character assination--of the poor widdle wamseys.

This is why nobody's watching network television anymore because lawyers and advertisers control everything. Being unbiased and presenting facts is a thing of the past.

14. Elle

Elle Member

I have quite a few videos of the programs I have seen, and they all seem to be Ramsey oriented. I won't be looking at any of them again. I would like to see a reenactment of this crime, with a first class forensic team on hand, scrutinizing all the flaws. We have just had too many documentaries favouring the Ramseys.

15. BobC

well what I want to see, but never will, is a coherent scenario of an intruder that explains the sexual assault, terrorist ransom note, staging all done with Patsy's personal effects. You can't just pick out the sexual predator stuff while forgetting about the ransom note which is supposedly from a terrorist. It's ludicrous.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I would like to see this too, Bob.

17. BobC

Don't hold your breath, Elle.

On the other hand--the most awesome thing in the world is that the JBR case has made people like you and Tricia and Moab and WY, ect very interested in the subject of missing and abused children. More than that, the JBR case has made people take action. I really don't care anymore if John or Patsy pay for what happened that night--I've given it up to a Higher Power.

18. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

BobC - "This is why nobody's watching network television anymore because lawyers and advertisers control everything. Being unbiased and presenting facts is a thing of the past."

Amen!! I've been saying the same about our "Corporate Media" for a long time now. The media is not "liberal" or "conservative" - it is "establishment." Our media tells us what corporate America wants us to know because their profits depend on the billions they get in advertizing bucks and also because they hold stock in most major American corporations. Their bottom line dictates how much truth they can tell us Americans...

Since over 85% of the American public says (in poll after poll) that they get 100% of their news from TV, little wonder that most Americans know very little about how bad our environment really is; think Global Warming is still "unproved"; have no idea that a majority of our national debt (Treasury Bonds) and many of our businesses are owned by China, India and Japan; are ignorant of the fact that our schools and roads are self-destructing while we spent more money on defense than all other countries in the world combined; have never heard of the neoconservatives who convinced the President to invade Iraq; and actually believe there will be a democracy in Iraq someday. While proclaiming we are the greatest country in the world, Americans know virtually nothing about the political systems, health systems, educational systems and industrial systems in the rest of the world.

Like BobC, I gave up on any justice in this world for JBR a long time ago - actually, when John and Patsy and their friends were not called to testify before the GJ. I do believe, however, that the person or persons responsible for the death of JBR have gone through hell on earth since her death and will be duely punished in the hereafter.

19. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

What I've noticed about The Investigators is that it seems to be other networks' investigative journalism (and I use the term loosely) repackaged for CourtTV.

I couldn't bear to watch this episode to see the same old untruths held under a microscope and proclaimed as fact.

Ayeka

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice