Tom Bennet Retired 3 Weeks Ago. Who is Investigating the JonBenet Ramsey Case?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

The main investigator in the Boulder D.A's office in the JBR case retired 3 weeks ago.

Yep. Tom Bennet retired and as far as I know, there hasn't been a person appointed to take his place even though the case is "on-going." Yeah right.

Reliable sources have told me Lou Smit is still on the case and goes to the Boulder County Justice Center a few times a week.

Barabra, a fantastic FFJ poster, posted this on another thread,

"It will be interesting to see what John does when Patsy passes.

This would be a great opportunity for John to make use of the publicity Patsy's passing will create to get the "authorities" re-interested in who murdered their little girl, or.................

he can go on with his life without making use of the publicity

Let's see what he chooses

OMG. John will chose anything that will bring him glory. Which means he will not use this tragic opportunity to push to get the case moving again.

Now, if he can use this for any other reason to help him advance his life he will.

The family has no website, no tip-line, and the reward is gone.

Keenan-sitonmyass will not do anything.

I am not being overly dramatic when I say it is up to is. It really truly is.

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Bummer!

Boulder just doesn't care anymore...if they ever did. What about the Susannah Chase murder? Is anyone in Boulder pursuing that? They are a bunch of lazy-azz nogoodniks at that DA's office. Put in time, punch the clock, cruise to retirement.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

You know what this means? It means a great big knife has been plunged into the heart of every single intruder theory Lou Smit has come up with, and it then plunges a second knife into the heart of every single theory that a named suspect might be responsible. Tom Bennett's retirement proves that every single strand of DNA from every suspect possible has been compared and found lacking. And he cannot tease out even the remotest bit of other evidence, either circumstantial or forensic, to point to a specific suspect. Why should he stick around on the payroll if he was hired to chase an intruder and there is none to chase? He originally said that before he was brought onto the case, he was going to write a book having nothing to do with the Ramsey case, and I have no doubt that is what he is going to do now.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Was there any record of Mary Keenan ever receiving Tom Bennett's report Why_Nut?

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

So Candy announces that Jim Kolar is the new replacement for Tom Bennett. Kolar was a supporter of Steve Thomas. This could get interesting.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Oooooooooh! This is interesting news. :)

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yes it could. How about this scenario?

They wait until after Patsy leaves this earth, then the Boulder DA's office announces there is evidence to support the conclusion of a horrific domestic accident that was covered up by a mother in grief and shock.

John signs off on the deal because it puts no blame on him, and he can act like he was duped into believing Patsy. He also agrees to it because Burke is not mentioned as a participant or as having any knowledge of his mother's cover-up. His only stipulation is that the evidence is sealed for the next 50 years so that he, and hopefully Burke, will not have to deal with the fallout from the truth of what really happened.

Finally, John will be able to come out from under the umbrella and get on with his life ... hopefully with a new wife and a successful run for political office. Oh, and don't forget the bestselling book that will trumpet this new development (while extolling his innocence) which will be released to coincide with the 10th anniversary of JonBenet's death in 2006.

Because the perpetrator of the cover-up is deceased, no charges will be filed, the Boulder DA says the mystery is solved and the case is closed.

The end.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

Just where did you buy your crystal ball? I want one! :)

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

LOL

Actually, I got it (many years ago) as part of my graduation packet for new teachers, which also included eyes in the back of my head and the ability to detect concealed gum at 50 paces. ;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  11. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahahahaha! Wonderful! You should go into the business!

12. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Coincidental that he is retiring so close to the time that Patsy seems to be coming to the end of her time here on earth.

I don't know that John or Patsy are responsible for what happened to JonBenet, but it is interesting to me that the District Attorney's office has had this case for more than two years now and has never come out publicly and cleared either of them as suspects.

Bennett has studied this case for two years and has not cleared them.

To me that speaks volumes.

But I've waivered ever since having a dream about them about a year ago. . . Or else I've softened in my forties. . . Whatever the case, I can't stop asking myself, "but what if she didn't do it?"

13. Elle

Elle Member

Hello Freespirit,

Nice to see your hat again. :) What was your dream?

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Ex-Telluride marshal takes over Ramsey case
    By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    August 30, 2005

There's a new man in charge of the JonBenet Ramsey case.

It's now being supervised by onetime Boulder police investigator Jim Kolar. He joined Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy's office last year after serving about 10 years as chief of the Telluride Town Marshal's office.

The case had been headed by investigator Tom Bennett, a former Arvada detective. He resigned from Lacy's office last month.

Kolar is working for Lacy full time as her chief investigator. She would not estimate how much of his time is spent on the Ramsey case.

"Jim wrote to the Ramseys to inform them of the change and introduce himself," Lacy wrote in an e-mail. "He will be in charge of any follow-up investigation. I have full confidence in his skills."

Kolar had been working closely with Bennett for the past year, Lacy said.

"Since our office assumed responsibility for this case several years ago, Mrs. & Mr. (John) Ramsey have been 100 percent cooperative with our requests for information," she wrote.

Lacy alluded to the battle with a recurrence of cancer that Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, is waging.

"They have scheduled trips to meet with us and offered to spend as much time as we would request," Lacy said. "I think that speaks highly of someone who has been battling for her life, over those years."

Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta-based attorney, said he did not know Kolar. But the two men have been in touch.

"I have spoken with him, and we have exchanged e-mails and letters," Wood said. "And I have pledged to him my full cooperation, mine and the Ramsey family's. I understand his reputation is that he's very well qualified."

Wood declined to comment on Patsy Ramsey's health status.

The town marshal's office for Telluride, a Western Slope resort enclave of 2,200 full-time residents in San Miguel County, employs 10 sworn officers.

But Kolar's law enforcement career has not been spent entirely in small jurisdictions. Before his stint in Telluride, he worked in the investigations division of the Boulder Police Department, rising to the rank of sergeant, before leaving the force in the fall 1993.

That was a little more than three years before the Christmas night 1996 murder of 6-year-old JonBenet, whose death drove a wedge between the Boulder District Attorney's Office and the Boulder Police Department, as the two agencies clashed over the investigation and their philosophies in pursuing its solution.

Then-Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter led a 13-month grand jury investigation into JonBenet's beating and strangulation. It concluded Oct. 13, 1999, and no indictments were returned.

Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle previously served 18 years in the Boulder Police Department and worked there with Kolar. "He has all my confidence and support," said Pelle, who was commander of the Boulder detective bureau before running successfully for county sheriff in 2002.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_4039815,00.html

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Ha! What if OJ didn't do it, Freespirit? Everything points to one of the adult Ramseys in this case.

I can't see a deal with John Ramsey. He is at least guilty of collusion/conspiracy and probably a lot more. To let him off the hook would be a further travesty of justice.

I think Lin Wood ought to butt out, since there are no open lawsuits that he is handling for the Ramseys. At this point, he'd be acting as their paid advocate/mouthpiece, but he should be up front about it and say so.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Kolar is working for Lacy full time as her chief investigator. She would not estimate how much of his time is spent on the Ramsey case.

"Jim wrote to the Ramseys to inform them of the change and introduce himself," Lacy wrote in an e-mail. "He will be in charge of any follow-up investigation. I have full confidence in his skills."

Kolar had been working closely with Bennett for the past year, Lacy said.

"Since our office assumed responsibility for this case several years ago, Mrs. & Mr. (John) Ramsey have been 100 percent cooperative with our requests for information," she wrote.

Lacy alluded to the battle with a recurrence of cancer that Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, is waging.

"They have scheduled trips to meet with us and offered to spend as much time as we would request," Lacy said. "I think that speaks highly of someone who has been battling for her life, over those years."

:violin:

So they scheduled trips and offered to spend time......But DID They? Or is that on the same Time Delay as with reaching 100 percent cooperation? Patsy is big on traditions and family. Speaking of..........It's Five O'Clock somewhere, huh Mary?

Oh, If I had a nickel for everytime that phrase has been appropriate throughout forum history! LOL...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice