The Natalee Holloway Murder Case Aug.26, 2005

Discussion in 'Crimes, Trials & Missing Persons' started by Voyager, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Breaking news in the Natalee Holloway Case....

The two Aruban brothers who were early suspects in the case have been rearrested along with one other man who has yet to be publicly identified....

I was not able to find any further information about what, if any new evidence was the cause of these arrests....Anyone else know?

Will keep an eye on the internet updates on this case and report them here....If anyone else hears anything on the news, will you post it here please?

Maybe we will finally get some answers in the puzzling case....I have felt so sad for her poor mom bravely carrying on the search all of these weeks over in Aruba.....

Voyager

2. Janie's girl

Janie's girl Member

New update

Gov. ask for nation wide boycott to Aruba! Boycotting any travel to area until Aruban government does what is right in the Natalee Holloway case. :verdict:

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I watched the puke who was last seen with her on Primetime last night. Too suspicious. He admitted to everything but murder.

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

I agree JC...

He looked totally "Coached" ......Hands down on his thighs, never moved them....looking only straight ahead at the interviewer with no visible facial reaction....Total rote, no expression....

AND most importantly, as the guilty party always does.....He made Natalie sound like a slut looking for action....Putting all the blame on the victim and blaming her for her foolish actions (actions of course which only he himself saw right?)

I think he is indeed a murderer and that his buddies had everything to do with it and it's cover-up.....His father too with the cover-up....Hope they find that one crucial piece of evidence some day that will put him behind bars for the rest of his life....What an insult to humanity!

Another thing that made me furious was his public insult to Natalie's mom....Don't know how she stands the pain....

Voyager

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah he was about as effective as the Ramseys on TV wasn't he? :did:

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Arrest in the Natalee Holloway Disappearance

Aruban Police Make Arrest in Holloway Case (AP): "Authorities have made an arrest in the case of a young Alabama woman who disappeared while vacationing in Aruba, an Aruban official said Saturday.

Mariaine Croes, a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor's office, said Aruban authorities were not prepared to disclose why the person was arrested. Croes also would not say how the arrest was linked to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway nearly a year ago, on the final night of her high school graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island. Croes would only say that the person who was arrested is 19 and has the initials "G.V.C." In Aruba, when an arrest is announced, officials usually release only a suspect's initials, and not a full name."

http://gosouthamerica.about.com/b/a/257528.htm

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

From another Natalee site:

Authorities have made an arrest in the case of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, an Aruban official said Saturday without providing details about the development in the high-profile case. (It has been revealed to me that this person is Godfried van Cromvourt; Residence: The Netherlands; Age, 19. Reportedly a friend of Steve Croes and a brother of an Aruban police officer.)

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Three arrested in Natalee Holloway case

-- Dutch police arrest Joran van der Sloot on suspicion of involvement in the killing of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, prosecutor tells AP.

www.cnn.com

Three arrested in Natalee Holloway case

Three men previously detained as suspects in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway have been re-arrested, the Aruban prosecutor's office said today. Holloway was last seen in 2005, a few hours before she was sheduled to fly home. developing story

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Should we be hopeful?

If they ever make this case in Natalie's murder, does this mean we get to watch John Ramsey at Beth's side, pretending he hopes the "intruder" will be arrested one day, too? :puke:

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

He is probably whispering sweet nothings in her ear, like "boys will be boys" and ""forgive her attacker" and "let's move on".

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, denied her son was arrested

Hans Mos, chief prosecutor in Aruba, declined to discuss the new evidence or any other details about the case.

"Our intention is to keep them in detention for a longer period," he said.

Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, denied her son was arrested and said he was only taken into custody for more questioning. She said he wasn't put in handcuffs.

"What they want to do with Joran is to bring him to Aruba for a final reconstruction," Anita van der Sloot said by telephone from the family's home in Aruba.

She said her family and that of the Kalpoe brothers had also been questioned in recent weeks.

"The questions they asked were so obvious, things like, 'Why did Joran leave his shoes on the beach?'" she said, referring to the place where her son said he kissed Holloway alone before her disappearance. "I think it's ridiculous after two-and-a-half years to be doing this."

The brothers were expected to make an initial appearance in an Aruban court Friday, at which point prosecutors were expected to present the new evidence to a judge. A court date in the island had not yet been set for van der Sloot.

Full Story:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ng-teen,0,4623694.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I was amazed/stunned/really can't think of the right word to describe my feelings when I first heard the new developments. I'm glad to hear Natalie's father talking.

14. Little

Little Member

I agree JC. I sure hope this poor father can find out what happened to his daughter.

Little

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

There are thousands of "reports" flying around right now, but in one, I did read that Beth was headed to Aruba with John Ramsey. IF true......I worry that John's search for JonBenet's killer will be interupted for an extended time period.........

16. Little

Little Member

LOL!

Oh NO! Not that - how does that poor man ever keep up that frantic pace??? Of course he's been an inspiration to Natalee's father, so it's only right that he be there to lend his support (and get his mug on TV again with that hang-dog face).

Little

17. koldkase

Ain't that the truth!

18. koldkase

At Why Nut's blog, the link to this record of JR's flight plans reveals this:

Boyne City Municiple Airport is in Boyne City, Michigan.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N2059W

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

He is still Diverted........ :loser:

20. koldkase

JR is scheduled to return to Atlanta today, flying out at 1 PM:

I've noticed in the last month John is spending a lot of time in Atlanta. He went back to Michigan for Thanksgiving, it appears, though. Did he take Burke with him? Where is he staying in Atlanta, I wonder? With family? His brother, perhaps? Or is Burke the one flying back and forth, as he also has his license to fly?

There were a lot of flights into and out of Alabama, maybe to Arkansas once or twice last month, if I remember correctly, so I guess that's John visiting with Beth for sure.

At any rate, it doesn't appear John's in Aruba now.

Where did you read he was going to Aruba with Beth, RR?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice