Another new JonBenet Book?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to K777Angel at Websleuths for this information.

I have never heard of the man or the book.

There is a new book on the Ramsey case coming out Nov. 1st.
    It is called, "The Last Christmas of JonBenet Ramsey" and is written by a psychologist named Laurence Smith.

Here is the link: www.laurencelsmith.com/index.html

2. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Tricia. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

-Tea

3. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks Tricia, I've never heard of Laurence Smith either. Patsy and John Ramsey will never escape from books being written about JonBenét's death. I wonder if Lin Wood will go after him(?).

Hope you don't mind me posting the following from Laurence Smith's web site, for instant reference. I see he has discussions, questions and answers at his book signings.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. Aurora

Aurora Member

Someone that Steve Thomas would give a 2 Thumbs up to!

WOW,....Finally someone who has brains and common sense that sees beyond the hype in this case. We need a good magazine to interview this guy ... expose the case and use his expertise on his book....to let people know....it is more probable...that Ramseys DID DO THIS. We could also send Burke a copy ...now that we ....know... that he is away from Mommy Dearest.

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I wonder if he reads the forums.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

I'll be damned!

Finally, someone who'll really tackle this case! I think the best news is that the author is a psychologist -- he'll come at this whole thing from a totally different perspective -- which is already obviated in the narrative here -- and basically come up with the exact same theory we all had....

This was no accident...

and

There was no intruder!

Can't wait to see what Woody will do with this!

And boy, doesn't Patsy looked horendous! Looks as though her days are numbered. I suspect she wore a collarless shirt because a collar would aggravate the tumor/lump.

7. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

“It was no longer a case of possible involuntary manslaughter, but murder.â€

Wow! That’s an incredibly strong statement!! To travel from accident to murder demands intent to commit and intent, or motive, is the only component missing from this case all these years. I will anxiously await to read how Dr. Smith supports it.

“I soon came to see that there was a strong possibility that Jon Benet’s life could have been saved if 911 had been called, rather than having her life taken to serve misplaced self-interest.â€

Hello! This is the postulation that could viably form the basis of charges being brought against the Ramseys. While, at least from a known evidence perspective, it may not be possible beyond a reasonable doubt to prove who committed the head injury, hard forensic evidence shouts who committed the "staging" of a potential crime. I've been saying all along that the mere fact that JB was still alive when the phoney “garotte†squeezed the remaining life out of her is murder all by itself. The head injury and who did it becomes irrelevant! And we know whose sweater fibers were entwined in the cords. The mere fact that JB was sexually assaulted while still alive even if it was intended as part of the staging is still sexual assault on a juvenile. And we know whose sweater fibers were found there. The "staging" of a potentially fatal head injury IS the crime, and not obstruction either, because it involved an intentional sexual assault AND strangulation that took JB's life from her.

The Ramseys' long time defense makes no sense and the majority public believe that they are at least good for the staging aspect of this case. I have always asked the question IF someone else perpetrated the head injury, WHY would the adult Ramseys commit assault and murder to cover it up? And please don’t give me the BDI theory again. What possible reason could the Ramseys have had to finish off their child instead of calling 911 to save her life? What IS that “misplaced self-interest†that Dr. Smith refers to and is it THE absent Ramsey motive?

:wood: is gonna have a hayday with this!

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'm really interested in psychology. It amazes me how they can explain human behaviour and predict it in cases.

I would certainly be interested in another book with a different aspect to it.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Deja,

I can't add any more to what you have posted above. You state it so much better than I ever could. Thank you! It sure is the first glimmer of hope I've seen in a long time.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

And thank YOU for your support, Elle!

I should have also added that in this intentional scenario, aggravating circumstances sufficient to justify the death penalty, if available in CO, should suffice. That one's for you, Ginja! :justice:

11. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Nice

It would be nice if this author would be willing to have a chat with FFJ. Hey Trisha - could you invite him on? Maybe if we all buy a book he would answer some questions. I will definitely buy his book. :gottarun:

12. wombat

wombat Member

Uuuummmm - this is a self published deal, right? So maybe he's just rehashing existin books an/or the forums. I hope not. I think it is a good idea to get him in a chat and try to publicize, anyway. I hope he's a good writer.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Mr. Smith's conclusions on faq page

Mr. Smith gives his conclusions on his faq page: http://www.laurencelsmith.com/faq.html

From that page:

And ...

"Patsy’s decision not to tell her husband was one of the three smart decisions that she made during the night of Jon Benet’s death..." One of three 'smart decisions'? :confused:

More Q & A at http://www.laurencelsmith.com/faq.html

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I am vastly amused by reading jameson's responses to this new book. Her DNA "evidence" is still dead in the water, but she either just doesn't get it or refuses to get it. Whatever, it's good for a laugh, if nothing else.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

As long as I'm here, I may as well say it again.

I have long held the same opinion as many of the experts in the case about the motive and/or catalyst for whatever began the events that night which ended with JonBenet murdered. The evidence not only supports this conclusion, but demands it: JonBenet was murdered to keep her molester safe from discovery.

She had been sexually abused before that night, probably more than once, and possibly many times. Her hymen was damaged, worn away, her vaginal tissue samples taken at autopsy from INSIDE her vagina showed damage three or more days old.

This also explains exactly why the object was jammed up JonBenet's vagina the night she was murdered. It was not for sexual pleasure, it was to hide the prior vaginal injuries by making it appear her vaginal injuries were inflicted by "the intruder" that night.

Sadly enough, for those who refuse to accept the facts of the evidence, too horrible to believe for some, it worked.

But it is the only explanation I have ever seen that accounts for the true evidence and the actions of the killer(s) that night. You cannot ignore those prior vaginal injuries. The Ramseys and their supporters will not even consider them, though if they truly wanted to find this "intruder" they'd be all over this evidence.

It would lead them straight to the killer, who HAD to have access to JonBenet before the night she was murdered. Access that allowed privacy to molest her. Access that took place over time. Access that means the killer knew the family well...and the family knows the killer well.

If you want to know when the Ramseys are lying, simply look at what they run from the hardest in the case. John said it in their first TV appearance: the allegations of molestation "are the most hurtful" to their family. Patsy spent all of 2 minutes feigning surprise in her interview with the DA detective in '98, when "told for the first time" that there was prior molestation of JonBenet. Then she "moved on." Think about it. Your child is molested and murdered, nobody is even close to being caught 18 months later, and your response to being told by LE that it's a fact someone molested your child before the night she was murdered is...ho hum?

Look at how they act at the swamp if anyone even brings up this white elephant in the middle of the room. They go rabid. They refuse to let anyone even talk about the biggest clue, the most telling evidence in the case.

If the Ramseys truly thought someone else did this to JonBenet, why would they play hide and seek from LE rather than storm the precinct to find out who did it, to make the killer pay and clear their names from this "most hurtful" suspicion?

Because they know who did it, IMO. Yeah, it's hurtful to have others know "what" was done, but they have done all in their power, including murdering JonBenet, to make sure no one ever knows "who." .

And there is your motive. There is the "why," which leads to "who," according to ex-expert John Douglas.

And if Patsy Ramsey thinks that she's not going down in crime history as the prime suspect in her child's horrible murder, she is sadly mistaken. She better hang on to what little life she has left, because where she's going, she can't hide the truth any more.

She had a chance to do the right thing. She had a chance at forgiveness. She had a chance to lift this heavy burden from her son, from John's children. She had a chance to do the right thing by JonBenet, to witness for her, to give her death its due, to pay that debt to society and to JonBenet.

Patsy has spit on JonBenet's memory, defiled her body, then covered her actions with lies, abandoning an innocent child in her hour of greatest need. Patsy Ramsey is going to her grave thinking she did the right thing, hiding the hideous truth. But she's wrong. JonBenet died a terrible death, and nothing but the truth will bring the light of redemption to all of them.

Somebody better help Patsy think about this. Because her opportunity to tell the truth is passing quickly now. Once she's gone from this life, her offspring will pay and pay and pay and pay, for many generations.

Only if Patsy tells the truth can she die with a peaceful heart. But she has to tell it to everyone, so all the people she's hurt so deeply, the strangers and friends and society, all can begin to heal, to forgive, and JonBenet's life and death can be cleansed in the truth, rather than buried in the darkness of lies that won't end...will never end...until her story is finally told.

When that happens, JonBenet can become the light of truth for all the little girls that suffer as she did.

It's up to Patsy now.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Who are you actually pinpointing here as the previous sexual "molester" Koldcase, Patsy herself, or the Ramsey males?

17. koldkase

Well, of course I can't know, but statistics are overwhelmingly that males are the abusers. Brothers are much more likely to be offenders, speaking of statistics. Agewise, teens to twenties. The average age of the victims' first abuse is about JonBenet's age, as well, if I remember correctly.

In this case, for me, it's a toss-up between all the family males with intimate access to JonBenet before that night. But I have to wonder about some odd timing that we all have talked about, the sudden exodus of Grandpa Paugh and John Andrew that Christmas.

We still do not know where John Andrew was from the time he supposedly left Boulder and when he arrived in Atlanta, a week later. I believe, but please, correct me if I'm wrong as I'm now memory-challenged, the original date given as JAR's Boulder departure was Dec. 19th, and then he is said to have arrived in Atlanta on Christmas Eve. John Douglas, according to the swamp's own FANatic, Rainsong, clearly stated THIS YEAR that JAR was at the Ramsey's home in Boulder on Christmas Night, didn't he? OH, how I want to hear him/them backtrack on that statement! But surprise, surprise. Nobody at the swamp even "noticed" that change of story, did they? 10 posts a day on the whole forum, tops, and they don't even notice someone like John Douglas changing the long accepted facts of the case involving an ORIGINAL PRIME SUSPECT? Yeah, right. Another topic they don't allow to be discussed there: anything that might shake up a Ramsey alibi.

Now throw in the strange circumstances of the much talked about JAR suitcase in the basement, featured in the crime scene under the "escape" window, containing a child's book and JAR's semen stained duvet, from which fibers on JonBenet's murdered body are believed by some to originate--Lou Smit, for one. Take away JAR's alibi of being in Atlanta, and he's the best prime suspect you got. John Douglas either misspoke or accidently let out highly guarded info he didn't mean to disclose. Either way, someone needs to explain this if they really care about finding a child murderer. But it won't be the RST, will it?

Then there is Grandpa Paugh. I mean, I know many excuses can be made, but he was living in Boulder, alone, without Nedra, and he was JonBenet's grandfather and working for her father at AG. He was Patsy's dad, but you never, ever hear anything about him being at the Ramseys, do you? Nothing about his grandfatherly activities with his only two grandchildren living nearby. How close they were? How he spent time with them? Or not? And there he is, on a short notice standby at the airport flying to Atlanta on Christmas Eve of 1996!

It's strange: don't people who fly a lot and know certain times they will need to do so, like CHRISTMAS EVE, usually make reservations well in advance? But here is this old grandfather, sitting in an airport on Christmas Eve in Denver, HOPING somebody won't show up so he can get to Atlanta to be with...his wife? I mean, she's been his wife a long time. Was this something he just happily and coincidentally decided to do at the very, very last minute, going home to his wife? (Nedra stated herself, thank god he was in Atlanta the night JonBenet was murdered.) Sorry, it's just one more strange thing in a long list of strange things that happened in the Ramsey's inner circle those Christmas holidays, isn't it? Yet another seemingly sudden change of plans, like flying to Charlevoix at the last minute to be with John's big kids for one day, the trip on the Big Red Boat in Florida looming large a couple of days later....

Then there is John. No point in rehashing his bathroom pictures of his beloved Beth, his strange writings about her in his book, minimizing any courtships by males as if they meant little to her, all but dismissing the life of the young man who died with her in that terrible accident.... Just deep love for his first born? Sure, why not? But think about this: he made no bones about publicly stating she was his favorite child, and the feelings of his living children on the topic...not important, obviously. How cold is that?

And then along comes JonBenet. Prancing around in those Las Vegas costumes, made up like a grown woman, a loving, cuddly child, one those close to her would naturally hug and kiss and play games with.... And Burke...how many siblings play doctor? I'm not accusing Burke of anything. I'm just saying, it happens, parents have to deal with it. It's possible. If the Ramseys don't like this kind of speculation, then they should tell the truth about what happened to JonBenet and clear Burke the only way he will ever be really cleared--if they can. They are the reason Burke is now and always will be considered in this murder, not us. Maybe one day Burke will get tired of it, if and when he realizes his parents put the onus of this murder on his head, too. My guess is he's crippled for life. It would take an extraordinary man to overcome this and finally, alone among JonBenet's entire family, tell the truth.

But the question remains--Who? Did Patsy and John over-react to an accident because of the sexual abuse issues? Was it Patsy who was, for some reason, abusing JonBenet, resulting in damage to her cervix and vagina, maybe because of issues of her own? That happens, as well. Everyday. Sadly. But if that is the case, I do not buy that it was accidental from "toileting" issues. You don't "accidently" penetrate a child's vagina repeatedly, IMO. JonBenet had been penetrated before that night.

So...which one? Oh, that's the $2 mil plus question, isn't it? All I can say is IMO the evidence proves SOMEONE was abusing her before that night. The list of suspects is ripe. And I believe the evidence supports that the strangulation was committed and the body and ransom note "staged" to appear the work of an intruder because the Ramseys would not take JonBenet to a hospital when she sustained a head injury that rendered her unconscious, knowing that her abuse would be discovered and their "happy, privileged, Christian family" image would be destroyed when one or more of them was handcuffed. Everyone would know. All the billion dollar sales years would never erase the shame and stigma of incest, would it?

The one indisputable fact, IMO, is that Patsy Ramsey is all over the crime scene and the ransom note. So she'll bear the label of prime suspect for all time. I personally think she had lots of help along the way.

The stalling of Alex Hunter in simple investigative steps, the missing phone records, the hiring of powerful, separate attorneys within days, the refusal of everyone in the family and close to the family to help LE in their investigation, on instructions from the Ramseys themselves...it's not rocket science. The Ramseys were the molesters before that night, they were the abusers who bashed in JonBenet's head, however that came about, and they were the ones who then strangled her and covered it all up at the expense of so many innocent people. Which one did what are the details that allowed them to get away with it. I think it was a huge family effort. Now they're all bound and branded for eternity by their own crimes.

Lucky for them not one has enough character to come forward and witness for a little girl who was murdered because she was born into a family so cold and callous they used and abused her and then left her like a trashed and broken doll on the cold concrete in the darkest corner of their existence they could find. Their souls live in that dark cellar. That's where Patsy is choosing to spend her eternity. Look at her tortured self-portrait. She knows.

I recommend the Marilyn Van Derbur book, Miss American By Day. The parallels with Patsy Ramsey's life are stunning.

I'm not saying that what happened to JonBenet or Patsy is the same as Van Derbur's history, of course. I have no idea. But the book also deals with Marilyn's activism and pioneering efforts and experience in the area of sexual abuse and incest. It's a hard book to read, but I think it is enlightening in general on the topic of incest and sexual abuse, and it shed light on this case for me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  18. she wounded

she wounded Member

Hey!

You go for it! There are times somethings just must be said!

I agree, about the saveing face, you can not belive how low some families will go to save face. Parden me, you do! :wave:

19. Elle

Elle Member

You remind me of another poster here "Thor" who thinks along the same lines as yourself KK. When I first met her a few years ago, she felt John Andrew was involved. She has never wavered. I was unaware that JA was at the Ramsey home on Christmas night. We were all led to believe that his first visit was when the Ramseys were leaving for the Fernie's home, with his mother Lucinda confirming he was at her house.

I have read that Rainsong is a Douglas fan. Was this statement about John Andrew made on the John Douglas site, or in his book? I wonder what Thor's thoughts will be on this news?

I think along the same lines as Steve Thomas, that Patsy was overtired and lost it that night, but I'm still puzzled with the brutal coverup to mask the previous sexual molestation. A 911 call should have been made, but
    this would have meant a scandal for the Ramseys.

You sure sound like a feisty fighter for "Justice for JonBenét" and I'm at the stage where I'm hoping someone
    will come up with something we've all missed. I wish you all the best.

20. koldkase

Ok, Moab started a new thread for this while I was writing this post, so I'm taking it there.

Please feel free to jump in. It's a lost cause, btw.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice