Maxi has passed away

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

If anyone has been around the JonBenet forums for very long they for certain knew Maxi.

Maxi was the moderater extraordinaire at Websleuths for many years. She was always fair. Everyone loved Maxi.

Maxi fought a very brave battle against breast cancer. I remember Maxi posting something about how she didn't even have a lump. Just a patch of irritated skin which turned out to be cancer.

I have no info on the funeral. If anyone knows anything please post it here or at WS. I would like to send flowers or make a donation from all of us.

God Bless you Maxi. You were one of a kind.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
  2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm very sorry to hear this.

3. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

God bless you, dear Maxi. Rest well.

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That is so sweet, thank you.

5. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Thoughts and prayers for Maxi's family. Enjoy that better place Maxi.

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Maxi, Rest In Peace

Maxi was such a beautiful person. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet her and correspond with her. Her gentle Quaker soul came through in many discussions. She was always willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Our posting community has lost a wonderful member.

My condolences to Maxi's family.

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Such Sad News

As an old timer at Websleuths, I posted for quite a long time with Maxi. She was special and truly one of a kind

The sadness is overwhelming and my thoughts and prayers are with her friends and loved ones; then again, if you knew her, you loved her.

She will be sorely missed and truly mourned

Bless you Maxi and rest in peace always

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

JonBenet has lost a wonderful advocate on earth, but she's gained another one in heaven. Maxi was a solid and honest poster who will be sorely missed on the forums.

Many condolences to Maxi's family and friends.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Good Night, Sweetie............Job Well Done.

RR

10. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Member

Sleep well Dear Heart. A rest well earned. You shall always be remembered for your fairness and your caring. You did good.

Midnight_Wolf

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Oh, I am so heartbroken to read this news. Dearest Maxi was truly a treasure on earth. She will be deeply missed. My thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones.

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Darn it I thought Maxi would overcome her cancer. Sad to hear this Maxi was a good and fair moderator whom I respected. She will be missed.

Hi ya Koldkase....long time no see. I was wondering if you had left the forums permanently to be with your grandchild.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hey, Show Me. I have been trying for years to leave the forums to be with my mind, but no such luck yet. I do take breaks from time to time when I'm busy.

I remember when maxi first got her diagnosis. It was bad. I was looking at her website of her pets and remembering.... It's silly, I guess, but I like to think of her with her pets. I know I like to think one day I'll be with mine again.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yes she was a very wonderful lady....I sure would have whined and felt great pity for myself but Maxi never did. You couldn't help but admire Maxi.

Missed your posts Koldkase! Glad to see you posting. Yeah some day I will end up with my old beloved pets....good grief it will be a furry, scaly, shelly, noisy crowd!

15. Pook

Pook Member

Maxi was one of the fairest, most unflappable people I had ever met in the internet world. She was also kind enough, after her first diagnosis and surgery, to talk to me at great length so that I would understand what a friend who lives near by me was going thru with the same cancer.

A few weeks ago I saw her on the AIM, and wanted to 'stop in to say Hi', which I hadn't done in a long time, but I was rushed and didn't take the opportunity.

She will be greatly missed, I'm sure.

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

She certainly stood out to me as being a special person. Unflappable is right - and very fair. She was incredibly brave.

I loved her Maxi photos. I had the one of him in a tuxedo as my wallpaper for ages (with maxi's persmission of course). It always made me smile to see his wee face :)

17. Guardian

Guardian Member

Rest well & Soar high Dear Maxi

Condolences to Maxi's real life close ones. I only knew her in cyberspace, but it seems like I really knew her.
    Over the past almost nine years from the old Boulder forum to Justice Watch to now, we have lost a lot of friends. But, all the victims we pray for gain a new friend. Maybe Maxi and JonBenet are barefoot together walking on grass. I would like to think that.
    Guardian :rain:

18. epc

epc Banned

I stopped reading and posting here for a long time, but thought of Maxi yesterday. Isn't that something? She was saying goodby, I guess.

Love to you, Maxi. Hope this new adventure is just fabulous!

19. Joluma

Joluma Banned

Maxi was, quite simply, the best. Rest well good friend.

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Maxi was a Quaker. There wasn't a funeral but Country Girl has an address to send cards to the family if you would like.

Email CG at Realcountrygirl@hotmail.com and put "Maxi" in the subject line. If you are not in her contact list, your email will go to her spam folder but she will be checking it periodically

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice