Tom Miller Book/Chat continued...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

The other thread was getting too long.

Thanks to Guardian for finding the Tom Miller chat.

Cookie, I have pulled answers from Tom that I thought were rude. I don't know if you or Tom have ever read the transcript but perhaps this will help you understand why some of us thought he was rude.

Like other posters have stated that doesn't change the fact that many of us our thrilled he is writing a book and pointing at Patsy. I will by the book. So will many of the posters I am sure.

Here are parts of the chat.

(mapek) Can you tell us a little about your expertise in those areas?

(mapek) For those who joined us late, there will be a transcript posted after the chat

(TomMiller) My credientials are available on the Internet regarding the JBR case, as well as my opinion on the JBR ransom note. See my CV as given to Dt. Williams (for Haddon, Morgan, and Foreman) on internet since 1998.

(mapek) thanks -- is there a URL for that? maybe you can send it to me later if you don't have it handy?

(mapek) A question from CGirl: Can you tell us when and why you got involved in the JonBenet Ramsey case?

(TomMiller) March, 1997, as a handwriting expert and lawyer, contacted by Craig Lewis of the GLOBE,

(mapek) and his interest?

(TomMiller) What do you think?
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    mapek) From Buzzie: Can you tell us the sources for the exemplars used in your handwriting analysis? Were they personal correspondences received through Patsy's friends?

(TomMiller) Read my book.

(mapek) okay
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    (mapek) You've mentioned that the Ramsey case is an example of "bought" justice. Can you explain what you mean?

(TomMiller) My book will deal with this systemic judicial failure.

(TomMiller) "DUH . . . ?"
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

mapek) Do you have any evidence linking Hal Haddon's firm with any contributions or efforts to the Jeffco DA's election?

(TomMiller) The Colorado Secretary of State is required to keep records of political donations. See for yourself.
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    pkc) this is just a technical question --is there anybody at all outside the ramsey family who could have standing to initiate a wrongful death civil suit against the ramseys for jonbenet's death?

(TomMiller) Lets not go there.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The whole chat can be found right here.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=89582#post89582

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That's an interesting chat. I'd been wondering where Tom Miller fit into anything. I can see that he'd be considered rude.

I especially liked mapek's remarks:

(mapek) Donald Foster was seen as a threat too. Foster was rendered useless by Susan Bennett (aka jameson). Although, it should be noted that jameson made it a point to pass herself off as a man for many months while posting at numerous forums on the internet.

Now ain't that three truths.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Reading over those familiar hats brings back memories to me of CN2000. I did enjoy my time there. I must admit I was never involved in the chat scene. Wish I had been with a chance to communicate with Tom Miller. I only noticed one "read the book" comment by him. I thought there would have been more.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

You know, I am not taking the bait. Deleting this post because even trying to respond to insane people makes you look as insane as they are.

"Note to self: if you lay down with dogs...fleas...."

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  5. koldkase

As my post attests, if you made it through it with a clue as to what all that madness was about...chats can be much more harmful than good. Choose your chat buddies carefully. Some of the bad stuff I've had done to me on the net has come from me trusting people in chats.

I think it was the repeat reference to "the book" that stuck with me, Elle. As I said, we all wanted to see this child killer caught, and it was probably beginning to dawn on some of us this was never going to happen. We also were fighting a years-long battle with a group of people who had done all they could to help the child killer by creating a red herring from Nancy Krebs and her mental imaginings about the Whites. When White went to jail, some of us were really hurt for him and his family. It was not fair. Nobody has been hurt more than the Whites in the RST multi-faceted campaign to keep the truth from being revealed.

So Miller wasn't really at the top of our "good guy" list when White went to jail, and that's the truth.

You know, rereading that chat with Miller, I think he really seems more cynical and bitter than anything. (Who isn't who has watched this mountain of injustice for years?) Maybe that's what we were sensing. He had been through a lot, remember: until acquitted, he was facing possible prison if convicted, I believe, losing his license to practice law...must have been very hard.

So I think it's about time we stop letting Gutter Candy spin us into conflict with Miller. I am sure Miller was as much a target of the Ramseys' powerhouse law team as White was Hunter's whipping post. Miller paid a lot of money to defend himself from nothng more than payback from Haddon and the Ramseys for saying what many professionals have said in LE from early in this murder: Patsy wrote the note. How any prosecutor could let Tony Frost off with a huge donation to a university while continuing to prosecute Miller for the same "crime" is obtuse and an insult to the law everywhere. These Haddon puppets don't have a clue what justice is about, nor do they want one. It's all corruption, IMO.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Hope you slept well after this KK. You sure got a lot off your chest. I don't ever remember being involved with Candy on the few boards I posted on. I'm glad we were ships that passed in the night. I just don't get involved with the chats.

I didn't take to the poster Ellique when I came across him/her, and sailed on past again.

I remember the Nancy Krebs story very well.

I agree the Whites were treated badly. I was very impressed with both of them when I heard them speaking before their Boulder Town Council, asking for certain files to be published.

You're also right about Haddon and his puppets. Corruption!

Yes, I think Miller was a target just like Fleet White. Sure is frustrating. I keep waiting on something special to turn up. Let's hope it's Tom Miller's book. We truly need something that will jump right out at us.

7. koldkase

Well, thanks, Elle. You were my shoulder to whine on tonight. Then I realized how foolish it is to try to make sense out of stupid people who also have no scruples. So I deleted the post. Sorry, but it was just taking the bait, so I decided not to....

Anyhow, I also hope somehow, someday, someone....

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I also thought this was interesting:

(mapek) If the Ramsey's didn't commit the crime, and didn't write the ransom note, why in the world would they spend the kind of money it would take to pay for all the lawyers and investigators to discredit you, or anyone else, for that matter. Wouldn't the Ramsey's be better off praying?

(TomMiller) The Ramseys have prayed, and preyed, and paid. And, for all three they are better off.

I guess by "better off" he means they've never had to walk through the doors of a court of law. Prayed, and preyed, and paid not to go there, pal.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, JC, Tom Miller's words were well chosen. There's something not quite right when all the wrong people end up going to jail. I've never come across anything like this in real life before. It's actually frightening when the justice system sends out messages like that.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Good for you! Just a waste of energy. btw I posted with your hat MJenn, somewhere (?) :)

Have a good weekend.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Having just posted this, Little just forwarded me the following news. I wonder if Dr. Wecht will be another one to spend time in jail (?).

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Files seized in Wecht investigation

By David Conti and David Hunt
    Saturday, September 17, 2005

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/westmoreland/s_375047.html

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Help

I know that I am really behind the times, but will someone please explain this to me?

Who is Tom Miller?

Thank you kindly.

Greenleaf
    :leaf:

13. Elle

Elle Member

ACR always has instant information Greenleaf. Don't know what we would do without her.

http://www.acandyrose.com/08201999coloradovsmiller.htm

14. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Elle 1

Thank you kindly, Elle 1.

I feel so stupid. If I had looked down a few threads, I would have found that.

Thanks again.

GL

15. Elle

Elle Member

Just call me Elle, please Greenleaf. I'm not No.1 :) Tagged on by Moab when I was having problems signing in. It is very difficult to know and remember every single incident relating to this case. I have to turn to the experts quite often. I'm glad they are there for me. They all know who they are. I'm in touch them. :)

16. koldkase

I hope you were nice....

17. Cookie

Cookie Member

My 2 Cents

It was very interesting reading the dialogue from Doc's interview. Thanks so much.

Yes KK, Doc was bitter and angry at that time. I can hear it in his words and I am grateful that those days are over!

Yes, we were both freaked by that trial, to put it mildly. Doc was nervous about his law degree that he worked so hard to get and the possibility of his incarceration put us both over the top. We paid very dearly for that acquital in more ways than one.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for our future to be hanging out there like a piece of meat? The Rams were behind this conviction, as was brought out in court testimony, and I believe it was not only payback time for Doc, but also for me.

We are as frustrated as you for the delay of Doc's book. Back in 2001, we naively thought it was a slam dunk for the publishing process. NOT TRUE! The book captured the interest of several large publishing companies and they took a great deal of time to decide not to publish our book. They were all scared of being sued. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

The rewrites and the editing process was also quite lengthy. I believe the book has been thoroughly edited 6 times by now. At one point, Doc just set the manuscript aside out of frustration. And now we are awaiting news from London. I am not the most patient person on the planet, but this entire process demands that I sit tight and be quiet. It is out of our hands now.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I was. I believe Thor told me you were a good guy way back then. Not to worry! :) I'm one of the Seniors here, KK, and still feisty, but please don't ask me to walk for miles carrying any banners. :)

Good luck, Cookie to you and Tom with this book. I can well understand your frustration. We are all frustrated here.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That is the most interesting read, Elle and Little! What state is Westmoreland county in? Is it Pennsylvania?

Investigators, Armstrong has said, are looking into whether Wecht used coroner's employees to do work for Cyril H. Wecht & Pathology Associates, and whether government cars were used for trips to the airport and other events not associated with county business.

Well, for sure he was using county space to hold his private business files:

FBI agents in April searched the coroner's office and carted away dozens of boxes containing his private files, including documents on the Kennedy assassination, the death of Elvis Presley and the JonBenet Ramsey slaying.

20. Elle

Elle Member

There is a Westmoreland in Pennsylvania, for sure, JC.

Amazing the whole Wecht family have been subpoenaed.
    Patsy and John Ramsey will be elated with this news. Maybe Little can add some more to this (?).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice