Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Cherokee's Thread/Analysis

This is the thread we will use to discuss Cherokee's fantastic work.

To DocG or anyone else who wants to disrupt this thread I have some advice, DON'T. It will not be allowed.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Default excuse me, but

Where can I read Cherokee's work? I might have missed it...well, no doubt I did miss it. Please advise.

Thank you.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks
    Where can I read Cherokee's work? I might have missed it...well, no doubt I did miss it. Please advise.

Thank you.

Sparky, Cherokee has done a ton of work. She is an amazing analyst. She has done a lot on FFJ and WS. She is going to try and put it all together and post it here.

Elle found some links with Cherokee's fine work.

The FFJ system is good. Found some of your analysis:

Handwriting Comparisons of John & Patsy Ramsey with Ransom Note Author
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...light=analysis

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...light=analysis
    Last edited by Tricia; September 19, 2005, 2:53 pm at Mon Sep 19 14:53:20 UTC 2005.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Does anyone think it's odd in that of all the handwriting examples John Ramsey could have provided for analysis, he provides one on which he is listed as "The Defendant"? Hmm.....

-Tea

Cherokee, I remember going over your work when you first posted it. I'll speak for myself here. Not having expertise in analysis, I had to check for similarities in the handwriting, with a glance at the whole page.

I have posted on the boards before, that I thought John Ramsey's sample was very similar to the ransom note, as well as Patsy's, but when I go over your analysis and see it broken down, it really does help me see the similarities definitely lean more towards Patsy's.

I am enjoying going over this thread again, Cherokee, and
    thank you for all your hard work. I hope everyone out there will take their time to read your analysis, and realize who the true author of the ransom note is.

I think it was LE (Boulder Detective, maybe (?)) who stated Creative people in the Arts were the most difficult people to check out when it came to handwriting, because they were always changing theirs. This is true. Like Patsy, I painted, and also took Calligraphy lessons, which really makes it very easy to change your style of handwriting , so I think Patsy falls into this slot, that she could easily change her handwriting at the drop of a hat. Patsy was a creative arty type person.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Cherokee, I remember going over your work when you first posted it. I'll speak for myself here. Not having expertise in analysis, I had to check for similarities in the handwriting, with a glance at the whole page.

I have posted on the boards before, that I thought John Ramsey's sample was very similar to the ransom note, as well as Patsy's, but when I go over your analysis and see it broken down, it really does help me see the similarities definitely lean more towards Patsy's.

I am enjoying going over this thread again, Cherokee, and
    thank you for all your hard work. I hope everyone out there will take their time to read your analysis, and realize who the true author of the ransom note is.

I think it was LE (Boulder Detective, maybe (?)) who stated Creative people in the Arts were the most difficult people to check out when it came to handwriting, because they were always changing theirs. This is true. Like Patsy, I painted, and also took Calligraphy lessons, which really makes it very easy to change your style of handwriting , so I think Patsy falls into this slot, that she could easily change her handwriting at the drop of a hat. Patsy was a creative arty type person.
    That's true, and she is also rumored to be somewhat ambidextrous which gives her another way to change her handwriting. Personally, I think she may have used her left hand to write the ransom note which helped in the altering of some of her handwriting. However, personality traits STILL come through no matter which hand you are using ... dominant or non-dominant.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but a forum friend (not Zotto) sent me scanned copies of the dominant and non-dominant writing of five different people. They were all mixed up and only numbered one through ten at the top for her identification of who had written which one.

First, I had to determine which were the five dominant and five non-dominant samples. Then using graphology, I matched each dominant sample to a non-dominant sample for a complete set from each person. According to her records, I was 100% right on all of them.

Our personalities DO come through in our handwriting.
    Last edited by Cherokee; September 20, 2005, 5:30 pm at Tue Sep 20 17:30:42 UTC 2005.

Pretty accurate, Cherokee! I guess this is where Delmar's part falls into play too, analyzing by content only. I know there are many of us who see Patsy Ramsey all over this ransom note. You're right about this being the most important piece of evidence as you mentioned in one of your posts. It is! So glad you took the trouble to provide us with your analysis.
    Too bad you weren't on the Grand Jury, Cherokee.
    Just my opinion.

I will begin posting the linguistic analysis tomorrow. I am going to present it in sections, much like Sylvia did with her excellent DOI analysis. The actual analysis and .jpg examples will be on a locked thread, but discussion of the analysis will be on this dedicated thread. Tricia thought that would be the best way to keep all of my analyses is one place.

It will probably take weeks to edit and post all three different analyses. Tricia thought that by posting it in sections, we will have more time to digest and discuss the information than if I threw it all out there at once.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that River Rat and other Gulf Coast dwelling FFJers will be able to stay high and dry through the coming days.

Best wishes with your analysis, Cherokee. I look forward to reading them.

I too hope everyone will be safe from this latest hurricane "Rita."
    Just my opinion.

Default Looking Forward....

to your postings Cherokee and to the interesting discussions that I know will follow....

Of course we have known from the very beginning of this case, even before the ransom note was made public, that this would be one of the most identifying and important pieces of evidence in this murder case....Yet everything surrounding this note has mysteriously become so very controversial, to the point of the Ransom note becoming a useless object by prosecutors....

I keep hoping that somehow, some identifying detail in the ransom note can be verified to the point of of certainty that would allow the writer to be, without any doubt, identified....And we know what that means don't we guys? John and Patsy have agreed from the beginning that the writer of the ransom note, is JonBenet's murderer....

It will be great to start all over again with this amazing piece of evidence, our very own handwriting analyst, and so many sets of educated eyes (I would call most of us here at FFJ educated after eight years of going over and over this note with a fine toothed comb wouldn't you guys?)

Thanks Cherokee for all of the work you are about to do in bringing your analysis and explantions concerning this note to us and for helping us to focus in on the RN one more time!

Voyager

Cherokee,

I would say your analysis are incredibly accurate. You've actually put me in the chair Patsy Ramsey was sitting in when she wrote this ransom note. It's a bit frightening actually, the very thought of Patsy sitting there creating this scenario with JonBenét already dead. Made my skin crawl a bit, but your analysis took me right to the scene.

I will try and be patient until the next section is posted.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Cherokee,

I would say your analysis are incredibly accurate. You've actually put me in the chair Patsy Ramsey was sitting in when she wrote this ransom note. It's a bit frightening actually, the very thought of Patsy sitting there creating this scenario with JonBenét already dead. Made my skin crawl a bit, but your analysis took me right to the scene.

I will try and be patient until the next section is posted.
    Thank you, Elle, for the kind words. :-)

After I finish the linguistic analysis, I will go on to the handwriting analysis or graphology section. That's where things get REALLY interesting. Then we'll finish up with the exemplar comparisons and tie it all together.
    Last edited by Cherokee; September 21, 2005, 10:55 pm at Wed Sep 21 22:55:06 UTC 2005.