Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thanks to Google, the cord mystery is solved:

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...ort+cord&hl=en

Cord checked in Ramsey case
    Nylon used in strangling bought locally, sources say

By MATT SEBASTIAN, Camera Staff Writer
    Monday, March 9, 1998

Investigators are almost certain the nylon cord used to strangle JonBenét Ramsey came from a Boulder surplus store, sources have told the Daily Camera.

Detectives purchased the Boulder Army Store's entire stock of Stansport white nylon utility cord on May 22, and sent the samples to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation for comparison to the rope found around the 6-year-old's neck and right wrist.

Shannon Long, co-owner of the Boulder Army Store, wouldn't talk on Friday about the police visit, although he confirmed detectives purchased the cord.

"Yeah, they came in - and whatever they bought, they bought," Long said.

The surplus store is at 1545 Pearl St., just past the east end of the Downtown Mall.

The 1/4-inch-wide Stansport cord - which comes packaged in lengths of 50 and 100 feet and often is used for camping or outdoor activities - also is available at McGuckin Hardware.

Sources said Boulder investigators only purchased the nylon cord from the Boulder Army Store, not at McGuckin Hardware.

When asked if investigators had bought quantities of Stansport cord, a McGuckin manager said, "We don't have any comment."

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

OK, found some links on the cord that someone might be interested in.

Here is a Stansport site with white cord, 3/16th, not 1/4, down the page on the right. It comes in 50 ft. and up lengths:

http://www.stansport.com/pdf.single....s.040_2005.pdf

Here's the cord on another website, but larger pic, much better photo:

http://www.gr8gear.com/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=335

And here is an interesing discussion at WS about the cord, which the poster Lovely Pigeon says Thomas said is the 3/16th inch as the pictures about portray:

http://websleuths.com/forums/printth...p?t=5052&pp=40

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

KoldKase thanks so much for going to the trouble to find all these links. This is interesting stuff. I have never really studied the cord like you have. I think I'll get caught up.

Sorry if I missed this in the discussion but what would Patsy or John have used this cord for? Was that ever determined?

Also does anyone remember Ruthie's site? She had an interesting theory on the cord and one of JonBenet's homemade outfits.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

One reason talked about, was Patsy may have used the cord to make a sling to carry her art work around (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I have some large framed prints that hang from cord laced between two hooks on the back of the frame. I remember reading that the duct tape was similar to tape found at the back of some picture frames - maybe same source for both items - the back of framed artwork found in the basement??

Having problems with my post. Sorry! Posting again!

Moab, I didn't get the chance to delete this whole post (?).
    It must be my own pc, I'm thinking (?). My post vanished before I was even finished. Any suggestions?

Reason for editing is all that appears.
    Last edited by Elle_1; October 6, 2005, 4:03 pm at Thu Oct 6 16:03:23 UTC 2005.
    Just my opinion.

I never used duct tape when framing my art work, Wombat. but have seen other artists use it.

I think Pam Paugh took away some art work of Patsy's when she made her famous raid on the Ramsey home, dressed in a Boulder Police jacket. The female cop asked the detective in charge if everything was being listed, and she was told not to worry about that.

A home cordoned off with the yellow police tape where a terrible crime has been committed, has items removed from the scene of the crime. Has anyone else ever heard of anything so bizarre as this? Before the investigation has had a chance to get going. Unbelievable! Such was the power of the Ramseys!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Sorry if I missed this in the discussion but what would Patsy or John have used this cord for? Was that ever determined?
    There are any number of reasons the Ramseys might have used this cord, some discussed on this thread and at the WS thread I linked to, with some good debate.

Among those: flight activities, camping, boating, hiking, climbing, outdoor activities requiring tie downs; Why_Nut found a throw at Target tied with similiar cord--and I was there yesterday, BTW, and saw similar household furnishings wrapped with cord the same way she described; macrame; other crafts; tying Christmas decorations; etc.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    There are any number of reasons the Ramseys might have used this cord, some discussed on this thread and at the WS thread I linked to, with some good debate.

Among those: flight activities, camping, boating, hiking, climbing, outdoor activities requiring tie downs; Why_Nut found a throw at Target tied with similiar cord--and I was there yesterday, BTW, and saw similar household furnishings wrapped with cord the same way she described; macrame; other crafts; tying Christmas decorations; etc.
    Is this the type of cord that can be used to tie a car trunk down to transport a Christmas tree home - either in the trunk or on top of the car?

Default Cherokee's latest analysis..

I was lucky enough to have a sneak preview at the table that Cherokee has posted today. I found it absolutely amazing and my thoughts were that this was something completely new. I've not seen anything like this done on the ransom note previously.

As I said to Cherokee, in many respects she was testing her own theory by putting in the data...she didn't know whether the result would come up female or male and to have it come up as more than double female than male is about as conclusive as it gets I think.

Kudos for your time-consuming hard work Chero....and more yet to come!

Trying to catch up here, Cherokee.

Fascinating about this reading the analysis from back to front. I am enjoying reading your analysis so much. You have broken this ransom note down, and made it so easy to understand.

Have you ever seen a person, especially a child, try to lie their way out of trouble? If they talk long enough, details of the story will change, and often, they don’t know when to quit. For this same reason, law enforcement personnel will separate suspects and make them tell their story many times over. Eventually, if the suspect is lying, inconsistencies and changes of detail will come out. Investigators know that a long, rambling story (featuring changes in detail) is a sign the story is made up and false.
    Too bad the Ramseys were not taken to the station and separated. This definitely should have happened, and it's frustrating to go over the "if only the Police had done this-n-that" in this case. It's time the victims had some luck with justice in this rotten system.

In effect, the ransom note author began their writing task by suppressing their emotions in an effort to get through what they had to do, but by the end of the note, their inner turmoil is beginning to show, and the mask begins to slip.
    Most importantly, in this last paragraph, the writer sets the stage for the reason JonBenet will be found dead. They threaten that JonBenet she will be “executed” if there is any “deviation” from their instructions. They warn, among other things, that the Ramseys are not to call or contact anyone.
    With this, the purpose of the ransom note is revealed. The ransom note author KNOWS the Ramseys will completely ignore their repeated warnings and contact not only the police, but also an address book full of friends. How does the writer know this? Because they are not a foreign faction, or even a criminal, but a member of the Ramsey family who knows JonBenet is already dead.
    For this Ramsey, ignoring the very warnings they have penned is part of the plan. It provides the reason for JonBenet’s death and why her body is found in the Ramsey’s basement where it was presumably taken after the kidnappers detect (with their omnipotence) the Ramsey’s non-compliance of their demands.
    I haven't read anything where the Ramseys came out and said they were sorry they had jumped the gun and called the police, and maybe JonBenét would not have been killed, Cherokee (?). Or the police telling them, this was why JonBenét was killed (?).

How on earth did the Ramseys truly manage to get away with this part? It truly baffles me!

Zoomama brought up an important point in a few posts back, where she asked ..."How come we went from the Foreign Faction to the Intruder so fast?" How come indeed? The Foreign Faction was laid to rest by Lou Smit and John Ramsey, and the invisible intruder was born.

Once again terrific work, Cherokee!
    Just my opinion.

Having probems with quote feature,Moab (?). I'll change the colour of the text. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=Cherokee]
    In graphology, a handwriting sample is first analyzed from the bottom of the page, or from the end to the beginning. The reason for this is that as a person writes they loosen up, and their true personality is revealed. When we start writing a letter or note, the writing is more controlled as we try to follow conventional dictates and present our best “self.” But the farther we go on the page, our natural tendencies begin to exert themselves, and the false control gives way to a freer hand.[/QUOTE]

Getting back to this personal handwriting, Cherokee, with the analysis being done from the end to the beginning, I was just thinking that most of these criminals who find out this analysis routine, will opt to type their notes rather than personally write them, although the normal kidnapping note is usually just a few lines, so the "end to the beginning" can't apply here.

A deep analysis can only be done if the writer chooses
    to write a few pages, I'm thinking (?) It amazes me that with Patsy Ramsey's normal intelligence she was so distraught, she never gave it a thought about the people who would be analyzing her War and Peace ransom note, and how quickly they would discover that she was the author.

I'm sure you also analyze a typed script from the actual content like, Delmar does, which can pinpoint the criminal (?).

Thank you for the Bookblog. This whole thread will make interesting data to read over during the winter months.
    Last edited by Elle_1; October 8, 2005, 12:53 pm at Sat Oct 8 12:53:17 UTC 2005. Reason: Edited because I am trying to work on the quote thingie :)
    Just my opinion.