Why am I not surprised?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It is time to think about the future of the forum. It costs about $150 a month to maintain the set-up we have now - and while I hope we can continue I have to wonder if enough people care to go on - - care enough to help pay the costs.

I have to wonder why it only costs citysleuths $300 per year to maintain it's failing site. And citysleuths "set-up" looks way better than hers.

It's not the set-up they ("we") have; it's the set-up she has. It's a set-up alright. Been there, done that.

3. she wounded

she wounded Member

We fell for her 'hands streatched out' tactics too. Wounded has a sister that told us to beware. She said that this jameson person was out to rip posters off. Suggested that we check her out before sending in a dime. As bad as I hate to say it, she was right. Been there and done that too.

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

She probably includes a wage for herself in that cost. Considering her forum is dead and that she's been "working" on it only part-time for quite some time now, I think she has a cheek to ask anyone to contribute anything and to suggest that if they don't want to renew their membership it's because they don't "care".

Vicious tactic - often used by con merchants.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

We have to pay it!

Where will Candy go if we don't?!

RR

6. Elle

Elle Member

Just where is Susan Stine and the MOB when Jameson needs them, Tricia?

"Do you ever get the feeling you're not wanted?"

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:nsf:

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:bsflag: :rolling: :violin: :rotfl: :laffbig: :laffbig: :laffbig: :laffbig:

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh my god! You're so right, RR!

Candy --->>> :dervish:

Send in those checks, and howdy! Now!

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Maybe Jameson included hair products in the budget. Did you ever think of that?

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

That's a lot of hair care products! $150 per month is $1800 pa. A friend of mine has her own business and she trades from her website. She leases her own server, fully maintained and it costs her £50 per month (c $85). I don't know the precise technical details but I do know that her website is large and has online shopping, lots of images and interactive features. In essence, her website is a lot bigger than jameson's with heavier processing demands. I always find that jameson's website loads quickly - a sign that it doesn't require a lot of bandwidth.

She used to be with Interland and here is a list of Interland's hosting plans. The dearest one appears to be less than $50 per month. :-

http://www.interland.com/Default.aspx

Her software is DCForum which costs $99 max for commercial use (is her forum considered commercial?). She isn't even running the latest version of the software!:-

http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforum.shtml

I think there is little doubt that any $150 per month includes a significant "maintenance" fee to herself - and for doing what? Moderating Candy? Quite frankly, it doesn't surprise me that she has members who are happy to send her $50 to prove they "care". These same people have some very strange ideas about what is going on the world. I wonder if they have M U G tattoed across their foreheads.....?

Just think, if they were each to donate their $50 to UNICEF, each donation would pay for 3 months of emergency health kit for 10 persons. $50 would feed 4 starving Africans for a month.

Interesting that Sunshine has jumped in to enthuse about sending her cheque. I have suspected for some time that Sunshine might be one of jameson's alters (fits Why_Nut's profile).

EDITED TO ADD:- She hasn't invested $$$s in her forum software for some time. I just noticed that the latest version of the software (which she doesn't have) was released over TWO years ago!

12. Watching You

You have to admit - that thread is really thriving. It's got all of three posts, including hers.

Don't you remember that jammy sue charges her members for the trips she takes in regard to this case? I remember she said she used some of the money for that, and she had no apologies for it, not that anyone asked for any. Now that she isn't making trips to the Boulder house to investigate (heh), I suppose she needs the funds to pay her phone bill - after all, interfering in a murder case costs a lot of money. Why should she have to foot all the bill?

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

It costs sixty-nine dollars a year to license the DCForum software Sue Bennett uses. Her site does not natively host images from posters, and the images used for illustration are so minimal as to be non-existent, so she has no heavy bandwidth costs associated with graphics transfer from her server. Sue's site is text-intensive, but a vast amount of text can be transferred well within any existing hosting service's limits.

And what hosting service does she use? Hosting4Less, according to the Whois info. Let us see what the pricing levels are for various packages appropriate to Sue's forum's level of activity.

For 14.95 a month, she can get 600 megabytes of storage space 25 gigabytes of bandwidth transfer. You know, and I know, that she does not even approach that limit.

But let us say she pretends she has heartier needs. The next price up is 24.95 a month, for 1 gigabyte of storage and 40 gigabytes of bandwidth. Come on. In her dreams would she use 1 gigabyte of storage for the forum. She rarely provides her forum members with original content such as scans she has made herself, preferring to poach off the efforts of others, so why would she need a full gigabyte of storage?

I think Jayelles is right on the money. This supposed necessity for $150 a month is really just money meant to line her own pockets, to actually profit off the case. It certainly is not going towards pure forum-hosting costs, and all of us who are sensible in our knowledge of how much bandwidth costs are know that truth, no matter how much she might use weasel words to indicate that we here have no idea what her true costs are.

14. Tricia

It has always amazed me when people fall for Susan Bennet's lies. It's all about her and the money she can make off of a dead child.

Why_Nut, thanks for the research. You too Jayelles. I only hope her "members" actually look at this thread to see they are getting ripped off.

I am very suspicious of forum owners asking for money. I don't mind it. I understand it but unless they post the bills and the exact cost NOBODY should ever donate. The forum owner should post the bill, how much was received in donations, and the receipt for payment. If they don't do that then you are getting scammed my friends. Plain and simple.

I run two forums. Websleuths (the good one:) ) is the one that takes up most of my space. I own my own server.

With the monthly cost of owning my own server, ($279.00 per month) the cost of certain legal fees every year, domain registration and other little tidbits, it costs me about 300 bucks per month. However, this is considered EXTREMELY expensive in the forum world. I do this by choice. To make sure we are stong and don't keep popping off line and because everyone is dedicated to the cause of becoming involved.

Websleuths has over 6000 members. FFJ has over 900 members. Both forums are very active.

There is no way in hell that Susan Bennet spends anything close to 150 bucks a month on her forum. If she is then her software, her old and not updated software, is dipped in gold.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  15. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Jameson is a bargain at any price!

16. Thor

Thor Active Member

Bob C

Loved the shampoo comment. Funnnyyyy!

17. RiverRat

Sound familar??????

"If you want to see this site endure, send your dues - - and POST - - and do what you can to make the group stronger. It's up to you, each and every one."

:steamed:
    RR

18. RiverRat

Susan Bennett Takes Cash.............

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We (do crossed out) respect your business (business misspelled bussiness) but not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our possession. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence. (period after hence) an earlier (delivery crossed out) pickup of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation such as Police or F.B.I. will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in anyway marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us, but be warned we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to outsmart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny, as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain, John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us, John. Use that good, southern common sense of yours. It's up to you now, John!

Victory!
    S.B.T.C."

19. Watching You

Oh my, RR.

20. Tricia

RR, I am speechless. :lamb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice