Jim Kolar - JBR investigation is very much alive

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

(CBS4) BOULDER, Colo. The man now leading the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation said he's tracking new leads. Jim Kolar took over the case five months ago.

Nine years after Ramsey's death, the murder investigation is very much alive.

Kolar talked for the first time about his involvement in the investigation with CBS4.

He wouldn't go into details about the new leads.

Kolar did say tips still come in every week.

In Kolar's office at the Boulder County Justice Center, there is a note scrawled on a message board, "JBR Homicide."

That note may be the most telling in years after all that's been written about JonBenet Ramsey. It means the case is active and open.

"She was a young little girl," Kolar said.

Ramsey would have been 15-years-old now.

The child beauty queen was found strangled and beaten in her Boulder home early the morning of Dec. 26, 1996.

"These folders here are the letters and e-mails that have come in since July," Kolar told CBS4.

"Is there a public demand to solve this still," CBS4 asked.

"Incredible, incredible, that's why I was a little reluctant to do an interview," Kolar answered.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_321083107.html

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Futhermore -

Since taking over five months ago, Kolar has followed up on five new leads.

"This came in the mail today, it's a cassette tape," Kolar said.

He said new tips come in every week.

"A couple weeks ago, I received a similar package that contained a handwritten letter as well as a small loom used to make oven mitts with," Kolar said.

Most of the tips point to an intruder he said. He would not say whether the Ramsey Parents are still under the umbrella of suspicion.

A cassette tape? A similar package? A small loom to make overn mitts with? Sounds sorta, well, you know. Housewifeish.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Oh, Ruthee, with the loom getting Kolar's attention, you press the case even from the heavens above.

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Nice to know the Ramseys are still interested in justice for JonBenet.....NOT

Within the next year???????????!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Pssst....Can we guess who is sending all that "evidence" to them, keeping them distracted from the real evidence?

Barfing...................

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Well, I think I'm going to be sick. The Ramseys have won.

Kolar is spending all of his investigative time on things like oven mitt looms that come in the mail? A folder of new letters and e-mails? Why doesn't he just read the mountain of evidence already compiled in the Ramsey case? If he did, he'd realize he's wasting his time because nothing in those files points to an intruder but to the Ramseys.

But then, Kolar wasn't hired to solved the case, he was hired to make it look like the DA was still conducting an "on-going investigation" that gave the Ramseys a free pass. Makes me want to punch something.

Okay. If Kolar is interested in all the "new leads" he's getting in the mail, maybe we should start sending him a few.

After I finish posting all of my analysis, I think I'll make a copy complete with illustrations and send it to him for some night-time reading. Doesn't mean it will change anything, but at least Kolar's folder will have something in it besides stupid and false "intruder" clues that lead to nowhere.

6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

That may not be a bad idea. If he is open to looms, he is open to everything. I can send him an extensive set of proofs supporting the theory that the ransom note and the whole staging of JonBenet's supposed "kidnapping" is based around the works of two authors John Ramsey loved; Tom Clancy and James Clavell. I have noted before the overlap between the Ramsey case, especially phrases in the ransom note, and things that appear in the Clancy book RED STORM RISING, but I have recently been reading James Clavell's NOBLE HOUSE, and there are things in it a person might use in constructing a coverup. (You know how a theory of the meaning of SBTC is Signed By The Captain, based on John's having signed paperwork related to his "real love" of sailing? In NOBLE HOUSE, a ransom note written in the course of a man's son's kidnapping is "Written By The Werewolf." Curiously, in that book, investigators also start out with the theory that the son was kidnapped by one person, and then start deciding that more than one person was involved.)

7. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee, Are you thinking of sending him your analysis? Skolar didn't seem too keen to interview the Ramseys with Patsy being ill.

If the Ramsey Team of lawyers have managed to keep LE away from Patsy and John, then it would be very easy for them to hire a few people to send Jim Kolar anonymous tips. I wish they would list the names of those sending the tips.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2005
  8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

This is all Public Relations. This case has been over--dead--since the Grand Jury. Saying they are still investigating is just a way to placate the Ramseys without actually having to do anything.

9. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Bobc

I agree with you...Patsy and John will never be arrested for their daughters murder...Patsy and John were free the day the grand jury came back and said they didn't have enough evidence.......

10. Cherokee

Exactly. Looks like Kolar is entertaining every nutcase theory out there, so why not send him something based on the piece of evidence we KNOW was handled by someone involved in JonBenet's death - the ransom note. Funny how the Ramseys have distanced themselves from, and never mention, THAT major piece of evidence ever since it was linked to Patsy.

I'm not deluded enough to think it will make one bit of difference since the "on-going investigation" is a bought and paid for sham to begin with. But it will make me feel better to know that at least there will be something related to actual case evidence showing Ramsey involvement among all those half-baked "new" intruder leads Kolar has in that folder. I just hope he doesn't put it next to Susan Bennett's frozen underwear. :eek:

11. Cherokee

Yeah, just for grins. Of course, Kolar's not going to interview Patsy. He wouldn't interview her even if she was as healthy as a horse. Lin Wood's deal with Mary Keenan was "hands off" the Ramseys or else. Anyone with half a brain knows Kolar's investigation is just for show.

But ... if Kolar knows nothing about the case, (he said he didn't keep up with it while it was going on), maybe he can at least hear another side of the story. Then he can quit waking up at 2:00 a.m. to write down notes because he'll know what we know ... that the Ramseys are guilty, the "justice system" was screwed, and those bogus "intruder" leads mean nothing.

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi Kids,

Let's not forget about the fact that Mr. Kola had very nice things to say about Steve Thomas.

"He's one hell of an investigator and a good cop," says Jim Kolar, now (police chief) in Telluride."
    http://www.forstevethomas.com/supportletters.htm

Guess I should update the website with Mr. Kolar's new title. That will look pretty good.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Seriously, Cherokee, are you going to send your analysis? I'll happily forward them to him for you in a flash. I'll send them by register mail, e-mail or whatever way you would like them to go, unless there is another way that Tricia knows. Maybe coming from FFJ might be better, Tricia (?). What do you think? Any ideas? am I being too forward here? Jim Skolar talking about receiving the loom loops and saying he didn't know what those were all about tells me he doesn't know enough yet.

14. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

"Kolar runs the DNA retrieved from JonBenet's underwear through a national database every single week."

"He would not say whether the Ramsey Parents are still under the umbrella of suspicion."

This case isn't going anywhere.

15. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

oh well...

sure like the positive attitude here.

If everyone truly believes nothing will ever happen in this case, why are we still here?

Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope in all of us?????? There has to be.

I say send him all the stuff...where's Easywriter????

16. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

You're right, 1000. I really didn't mean to come off as negative; it's just hard to get hopeful after so many deadends. I agree that Delmar should try to hook up with this guy, but will he listen? You're right, we can only try. . . That's why we're here - in hopes that something happens to solve this case.

I read all of the time, but only post once in a while. If it wasn't for all of you who post all of the time, this case would surely be all but forgotten. My hats off to all of you who do all the work.

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Kolar will not be allowed to pursue any theory except the intruder theory, and since there was no intruder, he's wasting his time. I suspect he's not stupid, and he probably has his own ideas about this case. The case is dead, Sparky. It's been dead since the GJ when Hunter made his famous speech.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Is there a public demand to solve this still," CBS4 asked.

"Incredible, incredible, that's why I was a little reluctant to do an interview," Kolar answered.

I wonder if this investigation is ongoing just for us or just because of us.

RR

19. Elle

Elle Member

Easywriter (Delmar England) is offline for a spell due to bypass surgery.

20. Cherokee

Yes, Elle, I'm serious, but I know it won't make one bit of difference. Maybe it's just my way of thumbing my nose at the Ramseys and the "justice" they paid for.

They wouldn't listen to the FBI experts, the BPD, Robert Ressler, Henry Lee, Cyril Wecht, Tom Miller, Cina Wong, Gideon Epstein, or our own Delmar England who say Patsy wrote the note and that it was a "horrific domestic accident" staged to look like something else.

I don't pretend to think they'll listen to me.

And you're not being "too forward." You're just trying to help. :)

I'll work out something with Tricia, and get it sent to Mr. Kolar after I add the graphology and exemplar comparisons to the linguistic analysis. I know it's not as exciting as a pot holder loom, but hey ... at least it's not frozen undies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice