Mark Geragos on Larry King Live 12/5

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Dec 6, 2005.

1. wombat

wombat Member

Last night Larry King had Mark Geragos on with another attorney - it looked like an audition of a new "he said/she said" legal team - but I missed the name of the female attorney.

Anyway, Larry asked them what they thought of the JonBenet case - "nine years," Larry said, "it's been nine years." The female attorney talked about how we don't really know what happened in the investigation - I don't know about that - but Geragos started spouting out about how the media went after the Ramseys, and Burke, and how Lin Wood had to fight back against the tabloids on behalf of the poor Ramsey family.

I smell a rat.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I was just wading through the swamp when I found this about Markie-Mark from our ace reporter CANDY - who never ceases to take a swipe at those fortunate enough not to have to work in a mailroom...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e7e7de><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left width="50%" rowSpan=2>Candy

Member since 1-4-05

</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right width="50%">12-05-05, 10:37 PM (EST)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e7e7de><TD align=right>[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>"Geragos: Court TV is an embarassment to"

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=50></TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%">LAST EDITED ON 12-05-05 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

Larry King is on right now with Geragos and some female counsel. It's the best legal show I've seen in ages.

He called Court TV an embarassment to the US criminal justice system. I totally agree. It programs the same swill for unemployable housewives, crackheads, etc. It's vile and has nothing to do with Justice. He stated how you have one variation of Nancy Disgrace or another on that station, completely prosecution biased etc. How true.

He talked about the Scooter Libby case. He defended Susan McDougal during the Ken Starr investigation. He said why isn't this being covered, if it were Democrats the media would be all over it, like they were during the Ken Starr years long investigations. It's the right wing conspiracy on TV, keeping it off, he said.

He said he wished he allowed cameras in the courtroom in the Peterson case, so people could have seen the "witnesses" for themselves, not filtered through the likes of Allred, etc. He said Mesereau wished the same thing, that people would have not believed Jackson just got off. He talked about Lin Wood and the JonBenet case. The female prosecutor knew nothing about the case. It was embarassing. A great show, other than that.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

CrackHeads? They watch Court TV? Wow......I would have never guessed that Kate Moss was interested in other criminal elements!

RR

4. wombat

wombat Member

Here's the transcript from the JonBenet section:

KING: What do you do about a puzzlement of a Jon Benet Ramsey, nine years, nine years people still think the father did it, the mother did it? She's got cancer. How does a former prosecutor read something like that? Are you infuriated that they didn't find somebody?

FULGINITI: Well, you know, everyone wants to see cases resolved and everyone wants to see the appropriate people that committed crimes obviously brought to justice but that doesn't always happen I mean. And, in that case, it's frustrating but we have no idea why, you know, it wasn't ultimately charged, you know.

Obviously, they didn't have sufficient evidence against either of the parents and for all we know, because we really don't know a lot about the investigation because once again it was pretty close to the vest, you know, who else was suspected of the criminal behavior.

GERAGOS: Yes but, you know what the problem was and I hate to just make this a pile on the media but look what they did to the Ramsey family and look what they did to the poor brother, what they did to Patsy, what they did to the father and I mean these people were just put through the mill.

I mean they spent years and Lynn Wood spent so much time having to go back and deal with the tabloids and everybody else who would just print stories that were not based on anything and just destroyed the family. I mean and so from the family's standpoint as well this idea of just an accusation by tabloid I think is just awful.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Gerogos is a typical defense attorney BSer. I'm not surprised that Crappy has chosen him for another of her idols. She seems to attach herself to the spinners from the dark side.

Oh, here comes Crappy now.

:rs:

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Unemployable housewives? I know quite a few women who are housewives by choice. They have good marriages and are comfortably supported by husbands who have good jobs.

7. Watching You

I suspect there's more to that story, Jayelles. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride?...

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, he is a typical defense atty: always the cops' fault

As for the "right-wing conspiracy," I can tell you there is no such thing, because if there was, I'D BE IN IT!

And that prosecutor was a moron! Now, if it had been Wendy Murphy...ahh.

9. wombat

wombat Member

Yeah, the prosecutor was a nitwit. She makes sure she's not blonde, though.

I WANNA BE A CRACKHEAD HOUSEWIFE AND WATCH COURT TV ALL DAY LONG!!!!

10. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Or in other words:

"This food is awful! And such small portions!"

Hint: If cameras had been allowed in the courtroom, what network would people have tuned into to see the witnesses for themselves?

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah but she can't find a man! That's why she has been in a "crappy" mood for 50 years!

12. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That is just tooooooooooooo funny! If I can remember I'm going to steal it and use it for for an itsybitsy post sometime.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I wonder how many$$$ Geragos received from Lin Wood to say this, Wombat? Quite a few, I expect (?).

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Losers usually travel in pairs! This is no exception.

15. wombat

wombat Member

Elle - there has to be a relationship here. Lawyers don't just blurt out other's names like Geragos did without a (self-serving) reason. The show was semi-scripted. Probably no direct $$$ just throwing work and cred to each other.

Also, remember Woody's probably getting ready for a media blitz when PPR croaks and the Rs will need a spokesman. Patsy's very ill, you know. Has been near her "time" since the spring. Again.

By the way, anybody have any news on that? How's our girl doing?

16. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Shame!

There are, and no doubt have been, since the beginning of time, people who are mean-spirited and have no qualms about putting the best possible spin on their own best interests.
    Whereas most of us have limited audiences, professional people, such as lawyers, within the Mark G.’s ilk, are especially effective in opining their skewed thoughts on the national airways to millions of people. They are the most dangerous of the dis-informational, self-appointed “spokesmen†for us poor “peons.â€

However, G. misjudges the intellect and tenacity of the public at large. There are those among us who have the desire and wherewithal to put dents in his theories, which are based, for the most part, on untruths and innuendoes. We, who are familiar with the Ramsey case, for example, are keenly aware of his misstatements of fact and of his obvious leanings towards everything pro-Ram.

IMHO, it is the likes of G. who keeps justice at bay for many others, including JBR. While her little body is turning to dust, six feet under, in the hard, cold Georgia clay, M.G. (oblivious to the brutality of the crime and to the dead child’s cry for justice) rants on, as protector of the perpetrators and as the erector of brick walls to the wheels of justice from proceeding along its normal course. Shame on you, M.G., and shame on the networks for allowing you to be such a frequent guest on their programs.

:leaf:

17. Elle

Elle Member

I have always hoped Patsy Ramsey would recover, Wombat, so she can stand beside John Ramsey and be charged for this crime. It may have started off as accidental with JonBenét, but it ended up as a homicide (?).

I haven't heard or read any news on the Ramseys lately. Been tied up with family matters, but my day isn't complete unless I check in here. It's unbelievable so much time has passed - coming up for nine years. This crime has a special annual reminder than any other crime I know of. One the Ramseys can't erase "CHRISTMAS."

18. Watching You

Cranky has the answer. Lawdy, what would we evah do without cranky?

Now, what was the question?

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Q. How many stupid posts can cranky make?

?diot Cranky.

I'd like to buy a vowel please!

20. wombat

wombat Member

I think this is my first official slam from, um, "Cranky". I am honored.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice