JonBenet's skull and the way her face was turned....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Golden_Rose, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Golden_Rose

Golden_Rose Member

This is puzzling me allot and I was thinking about it last night
    First, when Doctor Meyer was doing the autopsy did he part JonBenet's scalp to see if there were any cuts or bruises in her head? Because it just does not make sense to me that someone bashed her skull in but left no bruise or cut. When Burke hit her in the cheek with a golf club it left such a bruise that Patsy thought JonBenet needed surgery.
    So why wasn't there any cuts or injury on JB's head?
    Also I was thinking about the way JonBenet was found, her head was turned to the right and her arms were above her head ,
    http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetbody1.jpg
    Detective Linda Ardt said that there was saliva running down her right cheek. This puzzles me too,( not to be gross) but when people drool it usually ends up on their pillow or mouth not on their cheek, JonBenet's head was turned to the right side so the saliva would have been on the sleeve of her shirt or the floor, not on her cheek.I think when John found her, he turned her head to the right to make her look more comfortable. I think her head was facing up toward the ceiling when she was being strangled and when she was gagging that's how the saliva got on her cheek.

2. Elle

Elle Member

I think it's possible the saliva could still have been partly on her cheek and partly on the pillow, GR. I would think the part of the cheek toward her right ear would not have displayed any saliva, and may have spread into her pillow, but a small amount could have been on the right side of her mouth and cheek leading to her right ear.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Red tinged mucous or saliva did drip onto the upper sleeve of JonBenet's shirt, as well. Thomas wrote of that. This saliva and mucous drooling down the face as it is turned to the right is one way we know the duct tape was not put on until after she was injured severely and unconscious already.

That's staging: no reason to duct tape the mouth of an unconscious, dying, or dead child.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

In the autopsy, the words "upon reflection" are used when discussing the dissection of the brain, which starts with slicing open the scalp and (this is bit gross) peel it back, turning it inside out (reflecting) before the skull cap is removed. The coroner will do this to check for bleeding of course, but also to check for bruising on the inside of the scalp. Especially in children, they will do this to check for signs the child was shaken. With no external wound or swelling, I'd say that was what he was looking for primarily, however the procedure of peeling back the scalp, removing the skullcap, and dissecting the brain is part of every autopsy.
    According to LA and others in the room, it was a big shock to the coroner to find that huge displacement fracture.

As far as the position of JBR's head, it was tilted to the right; she was laying on her back, so her head wouldn't have been completely turned to the right in a position for drool or bloody mucous to drip onto the floor. Her arms were up not far from her cheeks, not down at her sides. There was traces of mucous-tinged vomit on her right lower cheek and also on her right sleeve. That would be about right if her head was tilted to the right with her arms up.

6. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

This is FFJ, isn't it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice