On the 9th Anniversary.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

On the 9th anniversary.

Good evening all.

I apologize for putting up this post so late. I meant to do it last night or early this morning but I couldn’t. I was busy helping one of my dearest friends bury her 19 year old son today.

As I contemplate the 9th anniversary I couldn’t help but make comparisons to both sets of parents who lost a child.

One set of parents will do anything to find out the truth as to what happened to their child. The other set tried to bury the truth.

One set of parents wants to read anything they can get their hands on concerning their child’s death, answer any questions and ask questions of anyone who can answer them.

The other set of parents never read the police or autopsy reports. Set up road blocks to answer questions, and to my knowledge, never asked too many questions about their child’s death.

One child was a 19 year old, poor, Hispanic, young man who was found frozen in his car. At 4:50 PM in the afternoon he spoke to his mother from his car. Sounded coherent. Less than an hour later he was on his way to the hospital with his core body temperature at 83. Basically he froze to death sitting in his car, with an outside temperature of 39 degrees in less than an hour. Sound like something isn’t right? Of course it’s not. There is an investigation going on and I can’t get this kid’s mom to slow down. To stop talking about it, to stop calling people.

The other child was found dead in her basement, a phony ransom note, sexually molested, and parents who have not only stopped the real investigation but has danced on her daughter’s grave while doing it. They wrote a book, made money, lied about donating money to charity, John ran for office on his daughter’s name, yet he hasn’t lifted a finger to do all the things he said he was going to do in his daughter’s name. Her parents are rich and could have done so much with their money and their time. Instead, they chose to disconnect the tip line set up to help the investigation, chose to take down any website with her daughter’s name on it, (yet they put up a pretty fancy one when John ran for office) closed down the charity set up in her name. The list goes on and on.

I know which parents are the better parents, yet the Ramseys would never have spoken to my friends unless it was to hire them to clean up their dirt.

As we go into our tenth year of the JonBenet Ramsey case I want to assure you this case is anything but dead. We have a new investigator in the case. A man with a conscience. A man whom I believe will do the right thing when it gets down to it.

The JonBenet Ramsey case may be forgotten by 99 percent of the people of the world but not us.

I beg of you, don’t give up and don’t get discouraged. Someday, hopefully someday soon, the truth will be known.

Take care,
    Tricia

2. So sorry

I agree with you entirely, Tricia. I am so sorry about that 19 year old. So young. I will never forget JonBenet and I am saddened that her name wasn't mentioned once on television or the newspapers. The only person who really remembered was Geraldo. I'm grateful for that. Not everyone does that anymore since the 1 year anniversary came out back in 1997. After that, I haven't remembered any tributes to JonBenet since. Well, even if she's not mentioned anywhere, many people who aren't associated with the news or anything and are just ordinary people like you and I, we remember JonBenet, and that's what matters. I lit a cadle for JonBenet today, too with a framed picture, rosary and flowers.

-LA 90'

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Yeah, it surely does sound like something is not right with your friend's child's death.

But speaking of JBR's autopsy, who faxed it to jameson before it was released to the public?

"I am extremely and painfully shy," said the soft-spoken jameson in a telephone interview with the Journal. "My
    husband didn't really take my "hobby" very seriously until one day when I received a FAX at his office of the
    Ramsey autopsy before it had been released publicly."

Atlanta, Texas Citizens Journal - July 8, 2001

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Your so right Tricia, and sorry for your friend.

Everything the Ramseys did was abbynormal for peple dealing with a sudden death.

Both my brothers died suddenly one from heart failure and one in a car crash. We were on the phones, wanting autopsys and any and all info.

We also wanted someone to blame, there is so much anger when your loved one dies unexpecedely that you go out looking for something or someone to hold accountable. You want to vent all your rage, and yet the Ramseys just wanted to get out of dodge, move on and forgive!!! wtf was that.

5. Tricia

If true then it was Lou Smit. He was caught flat out leaking to Susan Bennet and was given a slap on the wrist.

6. Tricia

Freebird, I am so sorry about your brothers. How tragic. I wish I had the words to make you feel better.

Take care my friend,
    Tricia

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Yes, another anniversary

At Christmas dinner with my brother and family my nephew Charlie was talking about some stuff he had heard on the radio that day...just chit chat type of stuff. Then later and after the wine flowed (to them I might add because I had to drive) Charlie began talking about conspiracies (sp) JFK for one. Finally as that topic was exhausted my sisinlaw actually said to Charlie, "Just ask Zoo about the JonBenet case I think she know a lot about it". Well, blow me down. And yes she actually said that. Well...... I did step forward and firstly said that I was no expert but knew many who were. Charlie was very interested. He is a history major working in a bakery and bar that caters to the wealthy at Lake Tahoe. Neat kid but getting along in years...about 32 now I think. He said at the beginning that he had hoped they would catch the intruder sooner rather than later. Whoa I said. There is absolutely no evidence of any intruder. That the footprint or half footprint has been identified as well as the palm print on the door. And on and on like that. Well he sat up and took notice and finally asked why the DA didn't file charges on the parents if there was so much against them from the beginning. Answering all of that took time but I did it and then we got on to other topics. Anyway it proved to me that there are many out there who have only a surface picture of the case and believe what the media puts out as they have nothing to relate it to....such as the truth. Now my nephew can only laugh when he hears stuff about the case because he knows the truth as I know it. There was no intruder, the parents know who did this murder, themselves or someone they are covering for. :ziplip:

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Tricia - there is a drug which causes people 's body temperatures to drop dramatically. One of our Taggart series used it in a murder plot (the plots are always well researched for factual content). I remember from the storyline that the drug was found in rat poison - the name of the poison ended in "aldehyde".

9. wombat

wombat Member

Well, Freebird, I actually just had a thought about this. I do occasionally have thoughts, you know.

Kind of a way to remember JonBenet and what happened to her, I reread the Dec 25-26 section of Death of Innocence last night. I've previously stated somewhere on these threads that I believe that the most incriminating thing that we KNOW that Patsy did was keep her not-so-skinney butt on the couch when John "found" JonBenet and brought her up from the basement. We are supposed to believe that the parents from Hades didn't know she was dead, but Patsy DID NOT RUN TO HER CHILD. She had to be brought in by her friends, and then she wailed and emoted, blah blah blah.

We're all familiar with the stages of dealing with death, right? Denial/Anger/Bargaining/Depression/Acceptance, from Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. If you've been through the death of a loved one, or gotten a bad diagnosis yourself, you're familiar with how these stages are pretty accurate.

I think (JMO!!! to any lawyers that might be reading) that Mr and Mrs R went through the Denial Anger Bargaining stages before they made the 911 phone call. In DOI, which is bullsmit, John doesn't say he called JonBenet's name as he found her, or as he bent over her, or as he took the tape off her mouth or the cord off her wrists. He doesn't say "I smoothed back her hair to see if she was ok" or "I couldn't believe she wasn't talking" or anything like that. He just brings her upstairs to get the waiting over with.

I think they had Denial and Anger after the child was killed, by whatever means, home alone with each other in the part of this tragedy we will never get to know about for sure. I think the ransom note is the expression of the Bargaining phase. I mean, look at all the negotiating that's in that note.

After Patsy finished wailing, they went right into Depression over at the Stines - aided by some mood-changers, scotch for John and Valium for Patsy.

I don't know. That poor child. They put pictures of JonBenet in that book that show how beautiful she was, but when I looked at them all I could think about was her bleached hair and how she was starting to resemble the chick that beat Patsy out of the Miss America title.

Merry Christmas Tricia. Thanks for having this forum for all of us.

10. Tricia

Thank you Jay. This is very good to know. Right now we are waiting for all the tests to come back from the autopsy. I am praying it was some freak accident rather than murder. I think this boys parents would lose control if they find out someone killed their little baby. Yes, he was 19 but to them he was their baby.

Let's face facts. People can say, "Well, everyone reacts differently to death" all they want but the truth is, there is some common ground when you lose a child. Some common emotion.

The Ramseys act guilty because they are. It's black and white.

11. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Tricia

I will never ever give up on finding the killer (s) who are responsible for murdering JonBenet 9 years ago on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. I promise, my voice, will still remain heard until the killers are found. The Ramsey's have always amazed me in this case. If JonBenet were my daughter, I would still be yelling and screaming and getting media attention. The Ramsey's know the truth. They don't want to be heard, they are keeping their big fat mouths shut because it could hurt them. They only use their daughter's name for personal gain. They make me sick! I vow to never give up and to keep asking questions.

Please send my sincere condolenses to the family who lost their 19 year old son. My heart aches for them.

CB

12. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia,

What a very sad time you have come through today, attending a funeral of a 19 year old son of a friend. This is a heart breaking post, and I wish I could do something for you to make you feel better. I am so sorry for your friends who have just lost their son at the age of 19.

Everything you have posted about the Ramseys is true, Tricia. Talk about "no justice in this world."

I sincerely hope you are right about this, Tricia. Jim Skolar seems to be our only hope.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Freebird,

This is also a heartbreaking post for me to read. It must have been a very devastating time for you and the other members of your family, to have to go through this twice, is beyond comprehension. You are so right about all the
    reasons for anger you have stated above. I hope you and your family can still
    share the happy times you all had with your brothers.

You're right about the Ramsey's behaviour, Freebird, after JonBenét's death. They put themselves and their phoney lives first, and we all despise them for it.

14. Elle

Elle Member

GOOD QUESTION JC! Who faxed the autopsy to Jameson's husband's office ?

15. Tricia

Elle, if what Susan Bennet is saying is true, than it was Lou Smit. Lou Smit was flat out caught leaking information that had not been made public, nor was it going to be, to Susan Bennet.

In any other part of the country the investigator would have been fired at the very least. But this is Boulder. Nothing was done.

I know Susan Bennet has denied this but I trust her as much as I trust a used car salesman. I know I know. There are many really good used car salesman. I just happen to know one that I wouldn't trust because of who he is married to.

However, if Lou Smit will call me and swear on the Bible, swear to God, as a good Christian, that he didn't leak to Susan Bennet then.... I still wouldn't believe him. heh.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, the finger does point to Lou Smit when one digs deeper, and remembers his actions and compassion for the Ramseys, Tricia.

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Ya Gotta Love It

Once again, I can say: OH, THE HYPOCRISY!

Ya just gotta love the swamp comments about leaks and unprofessionalism coming from ST, et al at the BPD. All these leaks are supposed to show us BORG that the information coming from these "leakers" cannot possibly be factual because they are unprofessional!

Ahhhh, but then in the next breath, Ms. Bennett is patting herself on the back and explaining why only she has correct information. Why, you might ask????????????

Because, according to her, and we can assume Mr. Lou Smit and others on the RST LEAKED priveleged information to her. HUH????!!!!! This from the woman who will swear she is just an ordinary citizen like the rest of us who just happened to have a vision in the shower and listen to the news just like the rest of us ordinary pond scum (although here at FFJ, we are surely extraordinary pond scum).

The Ramseys are responsible for the death of their daughter!

I don't need inside information to tell me that.
    I don't need inside information to know what the Ramseys publicly have stated and how they have behaved.
    I don't need inside information to know how the Ramsey's freedom was PURCHASED.
    I don't need inside information to show how much corruption occurred in Boulder during those times.
    I don't need inside information to show me that those with "inside information" know that they have contributed to many becoming convinced that the Ramseys are involved just by the protestations of the RST that make no sense.
    I don't need inside information to show me that those who are protesting the loudest about the IDI theories are also the same persons who have been profiting from same!

All that "outside" information speaks louder than any "inside" information!

After nine years of injustice and marketing, just wanted to wish JonBenet peace and thank Tricia again for a "free" and altruistic approach to a forum; something sorely missing in these infamous case players!

Edited to add: How insensitive of me. I was so busy venting that I totally posted this message without my sincere and heartfelt condolences to your friend. She is fortunate to have you. May your friend and family find closure and peace. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  18. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Dear Tricia.....

My sincere condolences to your friend on the death of her beloved son....I will pray that she is able to discover what really happened in his untimely death so that she may have some measure of closure....

What a sad holiday for them and for you, her close friend....she is fortunate to have your support and assistance during this dire time....

Your post with it's insights and comparisons to the Ramsey case really hits home and highlights once again the descrepancies in parental concerns and actions when it comes to the mysterious death of a child....

As always, we come here to seek justice for JonBenet and now possibly for justice in the unexplained death of yet another innocent....Thank you Tricia for providing us this place to gather, express our concerns and speak out....You are a friend to us all....

Voyager

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I tell you, Elle 1, I wouldn't give two nickels for those folks!

20. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

my heart goes out to you and your friends on the loss of their young son. Any death of a loved one so young is painful but esp at this time of year. And yes, your friends are so fortunate to have you as their friend. I pray for their comfort as well as yours that some good will come from his death.

Now I have two questions that have popped into my head recently and I didn't know where to put them. So forgive me if this is the wrong place.

My first question is this: Has anyone in the neighborhood over all these years even mentioned that the lights were on at the Ramsy house all night? Or were they? The reason I ask is this. The murder took place during the wee small hours of the morning so we assume at least midnight or 1AM or 2Am. Then the ransom note had to be written. Then all the coverup plans had to be formulated and then carried out. Then at nearly 6AM the police were notified of the "kidnapping". I've tried to figure out how long all of this took. Probably not 5 hours but I'd bet close to it. So lights had to be on in the house. Did any of the neighbors notice that is my question. If this was the work of someone outside the family (ha ha) there still had to be lights to see their way around like a flashlight and that is even more likely to call attention to the house because flashlights streak and move around. That note wasn't written in the dark..nor was JonBenet carried down to the basement in the dark. So how come no one noticed? There are some nights where I can't sleep and I do get up and come downstairs to either get on the computer or watch TV but it isn't in the dark. And I always look out at the surrounding houses just because.

OK and my second thought is this. There are psychics who help solve crimes for differing PD's. Has anyone ever suggested a psychic help in this case? Just a thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice