JB's grave revisited; weird stuff there...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

On Friday, Dec. 23, ’05, my daughter, Molly, drove me to JonBenet’s gravesite. The cemetery is located 17.5 miles from my eldest daughter’s house in Atlanta. The traffic was so awful that it took us over an hour to get there. We stopped at the florist’s and purchased a nice yew plant, decorated with Christmas ornaments and a big plaid bow.

The cemetery is not easy to find, as it is a few blocks from the Church. It was late in the day and I was afraid that it would be closed before we arrived. When Molly pulled up into the entrance, she expressed doubts as to my ability to find JB’s grave. I told her that I had seen so many pictures of it that I would have no trouble finding it.

Sure enough, at the end of the road, near the infamous fence (where Jams claimed us BORGS were spying on her…and Anderson correctly pointed out that the slats were too tightly woven together for even an Elf to peep through) we found the famous grave. It is so small.

Now, I will have to rely upon Moab, Tricia, or someone to print the pictures that accompany this bit of news, as, regretfully, I have not yet learned how to post pictures. You will have to see the pictures to believe this:
    Four playing cards (All number TWO’S) are neatly taped to the bottom, right side of the grave. There’s a two of diamonds; a two of hearts; a two of spades and a two of clubs.

Also, there are four new pennies on the grave. Three pennies just above the cross; one penny on the top of the tomb stone and one penny on the left corner of the grave.

A tiny Christmas tree sits on the grass, at the bottom of the grave.

Being respectful, we did not wish to disturb the aforementioned items, so we placed the plant up front, just to the right of the grave.

We knelt down and said a prayer. I wanted to light a candle but didn’t have a match. The card I had prepared to leave with the plant was back at the house, so I had to improvise with a post-it note, which I placed on the plant in a glad bag. It read: TO JONBENET, FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT FFJ (the internet Forums For Justice) MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Many weather beaten, dilapidated angel dolls adorned the skinny, barren tree, just to the left of the grave. The cemetery is rather nice (as far as cemeteries go) and the grounds seem well cared for. Just to the right of JB’s grave is the gravesite of her half-sister, Elizabeth. In front of her grave is the gravesite of Patsy’s parents. (There were no flowers or ornaments of any kind on their graves.)

Molly took a lot of pictures, but I am including just a few, so you can get an idea of not only the weird stuff on the gravesite, but an overview of the cemetery as well.

After all these years, I thought, here I am, standing at the foot of this baby girl’s grave. What can I possibly say that hasn’t already been said? What can I possibly write that hasn’t already been written?

Just this: We can never cry out for justice too many times. We can never turn our backs to an injustice when it raises its ugly head in our presence. We should never be indifferent to the abuse and/or murder of our most valuable and our most precious little citizens. This particular injustice has left an open wound upon our entire judicial system, especially in the State of Colorado. The perpetrators are still enjoying the very freedoms that they so viciously took away from this crumbled little body, decomposing in the hard, cold clay of Georgia soil.

Another Christmas has come and gone and Lady Justice is still poised, with her hand held high, over JonBenet’s grave; awaiting the time when the guilty parties will be called before the bar of justice, and held accountable.

Forgive my rambling, but I trust that this gives you a glimpse of the depth of sorrow and frustration I harbor, concerning this never ending case.

Peace and love,
    Greenleaf
    :leaf:

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

How very bizarre! I know there are customs about scattering coins on graves - but these sound deliberately placed.

Is that 9 coins in all? One for each year since her murder perhaps?

Perhaps a card reader could explain the significance of the twos?

Very odd. I hate the sound of the dilapidated angels. They seem representative of decay.

3. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Thank You Greenleaf....

for representing all of us here at FFJ by visiting the grave of this tiny victim and for taking the time to deliver a lovely symbolic remembrance and anniversary prayer from all of us...

We can only be constant in our demands for justice for this unfortunate baby and for all of those whom she represents.....We demand that the murder/murderers come forward, confess their crime and take their punishment.....

No amount of time, confusion, or expensive attorney arguments can will away or erase the facts of this case or the fact that this child lies dead in her grave, a life extinguished, unlived, unfullfilled.....

A price must be paid, a public example of justice shown, that no child is allowed to be abused, no child allowed to be killed, no life allowed to be cut short and wasted....

We remain here waiting for justice for JonBenet and for all our tiny citizens who have been abused, murdered and lost....

Thank you Greenleaf for making our statement for us at JonBenet's grave.....This murder is not forgotten and this beautiful innocent child will always be remembered....

Waiting for Justice,
    Voyager

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thank you, Greenleaf, for what you and your daughter did.

Although I'm not a card reader, I do have this book called Destiny Cards. Here is the basic meaning for each of the cards-

two of hearts = a union in love
    two of clubs = communications, fear, and arguing
    two of diamonds = wheeling and dealing
    two of spades = friendships and working partnerships

-Tea

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

How bizarre!

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

How weird. Can't wait for the pictures.

7. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Weird

My massage therapist reads cards, if I can get a hold of her , I will ask her..

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Greenleaf - ditto what Voyager said. And Freebird.

9. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Thanks Greenleaf...

sounds wierd, yes...maybe some little kid was there and left the coins??? but the cards??????? I don't like the idea of the tatered angels either...you'd think someone in the family would go there during the holidays and "cleanup"??

I too am waiting for pictures, Moeb????????

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Many times a person suffering from mental illness will attach meanings to items that make no sense to us.

I have recieved many strange items from disturbed people over the years when I was in radio. Strange items that only had meaning to the person.

Perhaps this would explain the strange things left at her grave. Only in the mind of the person might these items have meaning.

Greenleaf, thank you so much for representing FFJ. I think this may be the first time we have had flowers/plant placed on JBR's grave on behalf of the forum.

Interesting that no fresh flowers were there from her family. Not surprising though.

Greenie, please email me the pictures and I'll put them up ok?
    tgrif@xmission.com

11. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

My Thanks to you too Greenie,

for your visit and for your words following that visit. I can't understand the cards but I'm wondering if the pennies on the grave are akin to the Jewish custom of placing a small stone on a loved one's grave. A small stone is sort of industructable and will remain there for that person who places it therefor a very long time. I've visited many cemetaries (yes, I'm one of those folks) and have seen the many tiny stones on graves all over the place.

12. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Perhaps

The two's on the cards signify that there were two murder's..Just a thought.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Greenleaf,

Thank you so much for representing us at JonBenet's graveside. I like the image of a fresh tree with ornaments and a jaunty plaid bow. I'm sure JonBenet liked it, too. She must have looked down and said, "They (FFJ) are my true friends."

14. Elle

Elle Member

Very nice of you and your daughter, Greenleaf to go to the trouble of driving for one hour to little JonBenét's grave. What a very kind thoughtful daughter you have.

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Wow Greenleaf,

I have to echo the sentiments of everyone here. What a kind and thoughtful gesture of love, especially representing FFJ.

Your daughter is obviously the product of a kind and loving family.

Thank you

16. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

A few of the "underlying messages" regarding these playing cards at the gravesite could be...

"Let's see what's in the cards this year."
    "Let's put the cards on the table."
    "I'm showing you my hand."
    "We're showing you our hand."

And could the presence of the pennies there mean that someone would need some sense (cents) to figure out the potential clue of these playing cards?

-Tea

17. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Perhaps Patsy Left the Cards,

With the underlying meaning:

"Not playing with a full deck."

Pennies? A penny-ante player.

18. Kelly

Kelly Member

"Also, there are four new pennies on the grave. Three pennies just above the cross; one penny on the top of the tomb stone and one penny on the left corner of the grave."

Greenleaf, do you mean five pennies, or were there just two above the cross?

Kelly

19. Tricia

Here is the first picture Greenie took.

Attached Files:

20. Tricia

Nope. There are 4 pennies. Three above the cross and one penny in the corner.

Looking at this picture I am convinced this is the work of a mind that is not all there. I don't think there is any hidden meaning or thought. Just a disturbed mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice