Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default John asks for his golf bag

John's strange behaviour, totally out of order (Steve Thomas)

John was overheard to ask someone quietly, "Did you get my golf bag?" When I learned of that statement, it seemed totally out of order. There had been two golf bags in the house, but he had not specified which one he wanted. Neither bag was collected by police. Moreover, it was winter in Colorado, Michigan, and Georgia, not exactly optimal golfing conditions. Why would a man whose daughter had just been murdered be wanting his golf clubs anyway? I wondered what else might have been in the bag that was so important that Ramsey would even think to ask about it. SOURCE: Steve Thomas paperback "JonBennét" page 53.

Peculiar Behaviour

On the night of December 27, the day after the debacle on Fifteenth Street, Detective Arndt and Sergeant Larry Mason arrived at Tin Cup Circle at 9:30 PM to schedule the formal interviews. But instead of stepping forward to co-operate, the Ramseys seemed to be fast fading from view.
    It was the first time the police had had a chance to speak with Ramsey since he had left his house the previous afternoon, yet he sat there with two lawyers.

The session lasted only forty minutes, during which time the detectives learned little. Ramsey asked no questions about the murder, the autopsy, or how JonBenét was killed. I later considered this very peculiar behavior. Parents usually want to provide information as soon as possible to help police find who harmed their child before the trail goes cold.
    .SOURCE: Steve Thomas paperback "JonBenét" page 53

Last edited by Elle_1; January 18, 2006, 2:49 pm at Wed Jan 18 14:49:19 UTC 2006. Reason: additions
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Windowless Room

During the Ramsey interviews.

Ramsey said he checked Burke's train room, where he and Fleet discussed the broken window. He then added, "I'd actually gone down there earlier that morning, and the window was broken, but I didn't see any glass around, so I assumed it was broken last summer. I used that window to get into the house
    one time when I didn't have a key, but the window was open, I don't know maybe an inch, and I just kind of latched it."

Steve Thomas: "Fleet had talked about earlier being down there alone and discovering that window. When you say that you found it earlier that day and latched it, at what time?"

"I don't know, probably before ten."

Just about when Detective Arndt lost track of him,and she thought he had left to get the mail. Now he admits being in the basement.

He then described going to the little cellar room on the subsequent trip downstairs with Fleet White, unlatching and opening the white door. He snapped his fingers and said, It was instant. I mean as soon as I opened the door I saw the white blanket ... and I knew what was up. She was on her back on the floor, her arms were tied, and there was a piece of black tape over her lips," he said, "and her head was cocked to one side."

The door opens outward, so he would have had to step back or aside before before moving through. He did not say he saw the blanket after turning on the light but "instantly." Fleet White had stood in that same doorway that morning and could see nothing in the windowless darkness. I had always considered that Ramsey might have known something before he entered, and with this new admission of going to the basement earlier, I was sure of it. By the time he went back downstairs with Fleet White, I thought he knew exactly where the body was. SOURCE: Steve Thomas paperback 192-193 "JonBenét"
    Just my opinion.

For anyone wishing a beginner's tutorial on DNA, this is a good one:

http://www.scientific.org/tutorials/...ley/riley.html
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default Fibers relating to Patsy's jacket

Police Files NE Page 248 - 249

Patsy was shown a photo of her taken at the Whites' Christmas Day dinner party in the same clothes she was wearing when police arrived the next day
    - black velvet pants, red sweater, and a red' and black checkered jacket. Incredibly, police waited a year before they asked for the clothing the Ramseys wore to the Whites' party. Forensic tests showed similarities between fibers from Patsy's jacket and sweater and fibers found on the duct tape that covered JonBtmet's mouth. Asked about the clothing, Patsy gave answers that totally confused the issue.

PR... Priscilla had a jacket like this. I mean, until I saw this picture, I had thought that I had worn my Christmas sweater to their house . . . and then I saw this picture and I said, "Oh, I must have worn THAT sweater to their house. "But then I thought, well, maybe I had her jacket. I mean, you know, I don't know.
    TD: . . . That you were wearing yours on Christmas and not hers? .

PR: Well, I mean, I could have been in her house in the living room, you know, what I mean, and been cold and she said, "Here put this on." I just can't remember. My point is that we both had jackets similar to that.

TD: Okay.

PR: So I don't know.

TD: And did you buy them at the same time and place?

PR: No, I mean, I don't know, I don't know. . . I really don't remember. FYI, I mean.

TD: So can you tell if that's your jacket you're wearing or

PR: This one, you mean?

TD: Were they the exact same?

PR: They were pretty close, but I can't, I can't really remember.

TD: Uh huh.

PR: Why I would have hers on. All I'm saying is . . . first time somebody asked

me what I had on that day, I think I might have said I had my Christmas sweater on which is . . . little beaded one. And then when I saw this. picture, somebody showed me this picture
    TD: Uh huh.
    PR: because they wanted the clothing,.I said, "Oh,I must have worn THAT one, so I got that one instead."
    I think I sent both of them, actually.
    TD: You sent both of them?
    PR: The. . . beaded one or whatever. . .

Just my opinion.

Default broken brush found

In the far corner of the basement room, just outside the small room where the body had lain, Detective Mike Everett discovered a half-dozen oil paintings on canvas and an artist's plastic tote box belonging to Patsy. In the tote was a broken brush splotched by paint. Splinters were on the floor beside the tote. It was a major find because the broken brush marked the fractured end of the multicolored stick used in the garrote. The detective had found the source of the murder weapon and where it had been broken. SOURCE: Steve Thomas "JonBenét" page 41

Interview with Patsy

Before leaving questions about the basement, we locked her into saying that the housekeeper had moved the painting and art supplies down there before the holidays. That made me think how odd it would be for a total stranger, presumable working in the dark, to know where to find the paintbrush that became part of the garrote. SOURCE: Steve Thomas "JonBenét" page 189

Last edited by Elle_1; January 28, 2006, 1:51 pm at Sat Jan 28 13:51:31 UTC 2006.
    Just my opinion.

Default painting supplies moved to basement around the holidays

National Enquirer Police Files page 91-92

Tom Trujillo: "Do you normally keep the painting supplies in that...area where the checkered board stuff is (checkered tiles on the floor of the butler's kitchen)?

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah, we had it there for a long time, and then around the holidays, I moved all that to the basement... cause we put coat racks and things in there for parties."

Tom Trujillo: "What part of the basement do you recall moving the painting supplies to?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't remember. I think Linda took all that down there... I don't remember where she put it."

Tom Trujillo: "How much stuff are we talking about?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, I had a bunch of big canvasses... and a big easel, a big tall easel. And then like a white caddy kind of thing, like a plastic thing that I had a bunch of paint in. It would have been a lot of stuff to flip over."
    Just my opinion.

Default broken basement window

About the broken basement window. Patsy said she personally vacuumed up the errant pieces of glass after John kicked in the window last year and was certain she got them all.

Five times this woman, whose own housekeeper described her as slovenly, and who hired legions of cleaning people, would claim to have gone downstairs to a place used basically as a storeroom to clean up glass. It seemed like a prepared answer, and I didn't believe it. SOURCE: Steve Thomas "JonBenét" PB page 189
    Just my opinion.

Default Burke's voice heard on 911 call

The district attorney and his top prosecutor,. two police chiefs, and a large number of cops, although so at odds on some points that they almost came to blows, all agreed on one thing - that probable cause existed to arrest Patsy Ramsey in connection with the death of her daughter. But due to a totally inept justice. System in Boulder, no one was ever put in handcuffs, and the Ramseys were never really in serious jeopardy.

What follows is the story of how someone got. away with murder.

The first word of what had happened came at 5:52. A.M. on the morning, after Christmas Day, when Patsy Ramsey dialed, the 911 emergency number. .

PATSY RAMSEY: (inaudible) police.

BOULDER POLICE DISPATCHER: (inaudible)

PATSY RAMSEY: Seven fifty-five Fifteenth Street.

DISPATCHER: What's going on there, Ma'am?

PATSY RAMSEY: We have a kidnapping. . . Hurry, please.

DISPATCHER: Explain to me what's going on, OK?

PATSY RAMSEY: There we have a. . . There's a note left

and our daughter's gone"

DISPATCHER.: A note was left and your daughter is gone?

PATSY RAMSEY,Yes.

DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

.PATSY RAMSEY: She's six years old. . . she's blond .. .

six years old. .

DISPATCHER: How long ago was this?

PATSY"RAMSEY: I don't know. I just found the note and

my daughter's (inaudible).

DISPATCHER: Does it say who took her?

PATSY RAMSEY: What?

DISPATCHER: Does it say who took her?

PATSY RAMSEY: No: I don't know it's there...

there's a ransom note here.

DISPATCHER: It's a ransom note.

PATSY RAMSEY: It says SBTC Victory. ... Please.

DISPATCHER: OK. what's your name? Are you. .. .

PATSY RAMSEY: Patsy Ramsey. I'm the mother.Oh my

God, please. .. .

DISPATCHER: I‘m.. .OK, I'm sending an officer over,

OK?

PATSY RAMSEY: Please.

DISPATCHER: Do you know how long she's been gone? PATSY RAMSEY: No, I don't. Please, \Ve just got up and she's not here. Oh my God, please.

DISPATCHER: OK.

PATSY RAMSEY: Please send somebody.

DISPATCHER: I am, honey.

PAtSY RAMSEY: Please. .

DISPATCHER: OK. what's your name? Are you ...
    PATSY RAMSEY: Patsy Ramsey. I'm the mother.Oh my

God, please. .. .

DISPATCHER: rIp.. .OK, I'm sending an officer over, OK?

PATSY RAMSEY: Please.

DISPATCHER: Do you know how long she's been gone?

PATSY RAMSEY: No, I don't. Please, we just got up and
    she's not here. Oh my God, please.
    DISPATCHER: OK.

PATSY RAMSEY: Please send somebody.

DISPATCHER: I am, honey.

PATSY RAMSEY: Please. .

DISPATCHER: Take a deep'breath (inaudible).

PATSY.RAMSEY: Hurry, hurry, hurry (inaudible).

DISPATCHER: Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?

Burke's voice heard on 911 call

The telephone call gave us a cornerstone of evidence, not so much for what was easily heard but for what was found when experts washed out the background noise. It has been my experience as a police officer that such emergency calls are virtually unchallengeable. They are tape recorded, and either something was said or it was not. Tapes can be so powerful that prosecutors regularly play them so a jury can hear the actual voices and emotions of the participants.
    In preliminary examinations, detectives thought they could hear some more words being spoken between the time Patsy Ramsey said, "Hurry, hurry, 'hurry" and when the call was terminated. However, the FBI and the U.S. Secret Service could not lift anything from the background noise on the tape. As a final effort several months later, we contacted the electronic wizards. at the Aerospace Corporation in Los Angeles and asked them to try and decipher the sounds behind the noise.

Their work produced a startling-conclusion. Patsy apparently had trouble hanging up the telephone;and before it rested in the cradle she was heard to moan, "Help me, Jesus. Help me, Jesus." Her husband was heard to bark, "We're not talking to you." And in the background was a young-sounding voice: "What did you find?" It was JonBenet's brother, Burke.

The Ramseys would repeatedly tell us that their son did not

wake up, at any point throughout the night of the crime. We knew. differently.

SOURCE: Steve thomas "JonBenét PB page 14-15.
    Last edited by Elle_1; January 29, 2006, 11:03 am at Sun Jan 29 11:03:15 UTC 2006.
    Just my opinion.

Default Phone call from Stewart Long

Phone call from Stewart Long

Unexpectedly, a witness stepped forward and broke both his silence and John Ramsey's story about the timing of the discovery of JonBenét's body.

In a telephone interview, Stewart Long, the boyfriend of John Ramsey's daughter Melinda, recounted for me the sudden rush to reach Colorado

that he, Melinda, and her brother, John Andrew, had made on the morning

of December 26. When they arrived at the Ramsey home shortly after 1 P.M., they were unaware of anything more than that JonBenét had been kidnapped.

Long said that John Ramsey climbed into a van with him and John Andrew and told them that JonBenét "was with Beth now." The father and son broke down in tears as John Ramsey described how he had discovered the body around eleven o'clock that morning.

I almost dropped the telephone as I reached to make sure the "record" button was pressed on my tape recorder. "When you say eleven o'clock that morning, are you assuming that was Mountain time or Eastern time?"

I'm assuming that was Mountain time. He said 11 o'clock, so I'm assuming he was speaking of his own time reference.

I was blown away. We had just a credible witness who heard John Ramsey say he'd discovered the body two hours earlier than we previously believed. That punched a big hole in the generally accepted timeline.

Eleven o'clock would have been just about the time John Ramsey temporarily vanished from the sight of Detective Linda Arndt, when she thought he had gone out to get the mail. I recalled how Arndt described

the marked change in his behavior after he came back, silent, brooding and nervous.

Under those circumstances, any investigator would have to consider the possibility that Ramsey might have found the body on his private walk

through his home and not when he and Fleet White went to the basement a few hours later. SOURCE: Steve thomas "JonBenét Page 156-157 PB
    Just my opinion.

Default Pinpointing Time Of Death

Pinpointing Time Of Death - Dr. Myers

Steve Thomas:

Myer said he had found a lot of redness, some small flecks of blood,and dark colored fibers in the vaginal area, but no old scarring. There was some abrasion and hemhorrhaging in the vagina. Also present was irritation and chronic inflammation in the vaginal vault. which he said was evident for some period. ... ... ... ...

I was struck by the word chronic, which would indicate prior abuse. The coroner also said there was some acute vaginal injury that had happened around the time of death. He could not pinpoint the time of death closer than six to twelve hours before she was brought upstairs, stiff in full rigor mortis, by her father at 1 P.M.

That would put the time of death very roughly about 1 A.M. and no later than 7 A.M. Since the 911 call had come in shortly before 6 o'clock in the morning, and the murder, staging, and the ransom note would all have required a substantial amount of time to accomplish, the earlier time was the most logical - which would put the time of death between the time the family arrived home that night about 10 P.M. and 1 A.M. Source: Steve Thomas PB page 166-167

Just my opinion.

Default Pam Paugh's Raid by Police Car

Pam Paugh's Raid by Police Car

As Gosage and I sat in police headquarters. Pam Paugh, one of Patsy Ramsey's sisters who had flown in from Atlanta, was staging a one-woman raid on the crime scene that I could only compare to burning the damned place down. And she did it with the help of the cops!

Patrol Officer Angie Chromiak told me later that when she showed up to pull a security shift at Tin Cup Circle, she was ordered by police headquarters to ferry Pam Paugh over to Fifteenth Street to collect some clothing that John, Patsy and Burke Ramsey could wear to the funeral. Even that decision, as kind as it might have been to the grieving parents, was questionable, for nothing should be removed from an active crime scene.

To disguise her identity from the media, Pam donned a Boulder Police jacket, complete with badge and patches. When they parked behind the house to dodge the media out front. Pam psyched herself up for the job ahead: "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this," she panted as she pulled on the latex gloves. Then she headed into the house, accompanied by Detective Mike Everett. She spent an hour on her first trip through the crime scene and emerged with a large cardboard box filled to the brim, which she plopped into the trunk of the police car. For the next several hours, Pam made about half a dozen trips through the house, often spending an hour or more inside, and hauled out suitcases, boxes and bags, and loose items until the backseat of the police car was stuffed like a steamer trunk.

Like me, the patrol officer understood how far out of the ordinary the visit was. Are you checking all this?" It's way more than just funeral clothes," Chromiak asked Detective Everett. You don't worry about it, Everett replied. I listened with total disbelief when I interviewed Chromiak about the incident. Source: Steve Thomas PB page 56-57
    Just my opinion.

Default Heart drawn on JonBenét's left hand

Heart drawn on JonBenét's left hand

TH: How about, did she have any marks from markers or anything like that?

PR: I didn't notice anything that night when she went to bed. And you know, I know there was a red heart on her hand or forehead. I don't know when that - I mean, you know, I didn't - I didn't inspect her when I put her to bed.
    page 190 NE Police Files

TD: How was she about washing her hands.

PR: Just typical kid, you know, if she can get by with it, she wouldn't do it.

TD: How do you know there was a heart on her hand?

At this point, Patsy made a statement that seemed incredibly incriminating. She claimed to have seen the red heart found drawn in ink on the left hand of her slain daughter. She said she saw it on the morning of December 26th but JonBenet's body wasn't found until the afternoon. Later she would change her story. page - 191 NE Police Files

PR: Because it was on there in the morning, that's why,

TD: And you remember it from the next morning?

PR: Uh huh

TD: You saw it the next morning?

PR: Uh huh.

TD: When you say the next morning, did you remember it from the previous evening?

PR: (shaking head).

TD: Did she- I mean did it get there, was that something she would do or -

PR: Well, she and Daphne, you know, a lot of times drew on themselves.

TD: Did you ever see a heart on her hand before?

PR: Not specifically a heart.

TD: What might you have seen before?

PR: Just markings, you know, just erratic marks maybe, she had been coloring, pen and ink marks.... Source: NE Police Files page 191-192

Tom Haney: Today is wednesday, June 24, 1998 ... ...

Patsy now changes her story about seeing the heart drawn on JonBenét's hand.

PR: I think that I read that somewhere talking about the heart in her hand. And truthfully, I can't - I am having trouble distinguishing whether I have read about that or whether I actually saw that. I just recently read parts of the autopsy report, and I believe that was on there. And I just, you know, now I have a picture of a heart on her hand and I can't remember whether I actually saw it or -

TRIP DEMUTH: Let me ask you this. Do you remember what color it was? Is there a color that you recall?

PR: No, I just see a red heart in my mind.

TD: But you don't know if you read it?

PR: No... just to be perfectly fair, to say that I saw it on her.

Source: NE Police Files - page 194
    Last edited by Elle_1; February 14, 2006, 2:22 pm at Tue Feb 14 14:22:15 UTC 2006.
    Just my opinion.