Victims' fathers to share experiences

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Little

Little Member

Marc Klass & Mark Lunsford are actively doing something for children - Steve Thomas is helping too. What a great story!!

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

That's wonderful Little. Thanks for posting this. What a wonderfully positive thing.

There is something about hearing directly from a relative of a victim which brings the message even closer home. A young girl called Leah Betts died at her 18th birthday party after taking an ecstacy tablet. Since then (about 10 years ago I think), her father has devoted his time to travelling around the country giving drugs talks to young people. He tells his story from the POV of the parent, shows photos of his daughter on her death bed and it is truly heart-wrenching. I've been to one of his talks and they are powerful stuff. He never says "don't do drugs". What he does is show the drugs, tells what wonderful kicks you get from them and then slowly, deliberately he tells/shows/describes the negatives in a way that scares the life out of you!

3. Tez

Tez Member

I am so happy to see that ST is still fighting for justice for children.

Marc Klaas is a true hero in my eyes. I don't know much about Mr. Lunsford, but after everything he has been through, he's a hero also.

4. Jayelles

It just says ST is "featured". What does that mean in the US? Here it could mean they will use multimedia material which includes input from him.

Still, it is nice to see that he is still respected by LE. Does anyone know any Pensacola police officers?

5. Elle

Elle Member

Isn't it sad Little, that parents have to form these "Children's Foundations" in the first place? Isn't it sad that abducting these children can't be prevented? I feel so sorry for the parents left behind, and admire them for trying to do something for the safety of other children.

Marc Klaas and Mark Lunsford have to be admired. Can't say the same for the Ramseys. Their Foundation for JonBenét didn't progress.

Nice that Steve Thomas is attending. I wonder if he's fully involved (?).

Thank you for posting this, Little.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I wonder the same thing.

Is it possible that he's been preparing for a comeback?

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't know this, but if it says that ST is featured, it sounds as if he is very much involved, and I believe this is something he would be involved in. ST is not the bumbling idiot the RST tried to make him out to be. He is highly intelligent and was a darn good cop - something Lou Smit himself acknowledged. I'm glad to see Steve is working for kids. And, yes, he still is highly respected among other respected LE officials. I don't count Boulder in that group.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thank You Little for posting htis info!

Mark Klass has done a tremendous job in helping in the world of the missing children born out of his own pain and suffering at his own loss. He is to be commended for all of his efforts. I don't know anything about Lundsford but I'm sure he is doing what he can to help with the missing and exploited children. Very much unlike two parents we all know. It isn't often that we hear from the Dads. So many times it is only the Moms who speak and plead with the perps. Yes, I think these two men are heros. They have broken hearts that will never completely heal. But they are out there helping in whatever way they can now to prevent this from happening to others. Bravo! :yay: :yay: :yay:

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I think Steve Thomas will be leading sessions on Friday with LE - instructional sessions, that is. That is probably not for public attendance.

10. Jayelles

Evening2 has announced her intention to try and attend ST's session using "hubby's credentials". She has also proclaimed that:-

I think he/the organisers should be pre-warned about this potential troublemaker.

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, I think Thomas can take care of himself.

Besides, it's only appropriate that a very representative RST swampster shows up to impart her decidedly insane theory on the "confession" written out by the MacReynolds, proving how they BOTH murdered JonBenet. The unmatched killer DNA in the panties notwithstanding.... Let people see just yet another example of how logical these intruder theories are.

Who better to represent the Ramseys? No one I can think of.... :rotfl:

12. Elle

Elle Member

Send him an e-mail Jay and warn him, but KK's right. I'm sure he's prepared for people like E2.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Interesting about Steve Thomas.

Steve really cared about JonBenet, and about solving her murder. More than John and Patsy Ramsey did. I'm glad he is being asked to speak to LEA about crimes against children. He has much to contribute.

I have the greatest admiration for Marc Klaas and Mark Lunsford. God bless them both for taking an active part in preventing crimes against children:

"We'll be tackling issues dealt with from the family's kitchen table to the president's Cabinet," said Klaas, who founded the KlaasKids Foundation in 1994.

"A lot of the legislative changes that happened in the last 10, 13 years were brought about by these people. You don't get that kind of group together that often."

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

All John Ramsey wanted to change was how we got our news. IOW, he wanted us to get his propaganda, no opinions or even facts allowed the RST didn't approve.

Nazi.

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I hate to even say John and Patsy's name in the same sentence as Steve Thomas. It's like talking about cow crap and caviar.

The Ramseys disgust me to no end. They are selfish scum. Only caring about themselves. They could care less about what happened to their daughter.

No Tip-Line
    No Reward
    No Website
    Refusal to exhume to prove their stun gun theory.

I don't have enough band-width to continue this list.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Aw man...now you are gonna make Greenies next interview...sheesh...I am so jealous!

17. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

So........according to SwampCandyLand, I take it that only the Ramseys were supposed to move on with their lives after the death of their daughter. Now when Steve attempts to do same, Evening2 is making plans to show the law enforcement crowd gathered there to help protect society, just what forces Steve had to reckon with.

RR

18. Jayelles

This is vile:-

jameson

A weapon wielding Candy over-wrought with hatred and vengeance for Steve Thomas is more than I can bear to think about. To say this about a man who devoted several years of his life to trying to find a killer. What stands out in my mind is the fact that he spent a Christmas away from his loved ones in search of justice for Jonbenet. Whatever he may have done in his search for JonBenet's killer, I have no doubt that he was sincere.

Whether ot not the above comment was meant to be a joke, it just isn't funny. Candy is an unstable person. This could give her ideas.

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Mary McAuliffe (aka Candy) is unstable and paranoid. Not a good idea to suggest someone that unbalanced carry a weapon.

20. Jayelles

Well I hope someone warns the organisers of this event that some ardent Ramsey supporters are discussing things like causing riots and taking weapons.

I'm serious. The BORG may have called the Ramseys names, but this is a whole different kettle of fish. There are some really odd people posting at that forum and their adoration of the Ramseys verges on the obsessive. Goodness knows how impressionable they might be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice