Various ponderings

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Jan 18, 2006.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

1. During the Ramseys' May 31, 2000 appearance on LKL with Steve Thomas there was a mention of Patsy's paintbrush being used to construct the garrotte. Patsy said of the perpetrator: "He had access! He had access!"

Or could that have been "He had Access! He had Access!" in reference to John?

2. During the same interview Patsy said "It was an evil, evil man". John can
    be heard quietly contradicting her when he says "An evil, evil person".

On pg 363 of DOI (hb version) John Ramsey wrote- FIRST, LET'S LOOK AT A DESCRIPTION OF THE KILLER. The murderer is a man.

So then why didn't he reiterate what his wife said? Why the need to use a gender-neutral term?

3. Here is a thought I had regarding the "The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested" line from the note. John said that he carried (or, in another word, delivered) a sleepy/sleeping/zonked JonBenet from the car up to her room. The word exhaust can mean worn out or tired. And I don't think it would have been beyond the realm of possibility for Patsy to have told him something along the lines of "Don't stay up too late. Remember we have to get up pretty early tomorrow", which would echo the "I advise you to be rested" part.

-Tea

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Tea, is this the interview with Steve Thomas that you're talking about? I have this recorded and watch it from time to time, and I do remember that conversation. But I remember it as John saying "an evil creature" after Patsy says an evil man. I remember John referring to the killer as a "creature" many times during that interview. Either way, he doesn't particularly call the "creature" male or female. Strange.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

J. RAMSEY: Would you allow me to answer the question please, Steve?

We have had some of the world's best forensics experts look at evidence. They have told us that JonBenet was strangled to death. The last act that this creature did to our daughter was a vicious blow to the head. That is irrefutable.

THOMAS: That's not consistent with...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/31/lkl.00.html

4. RiverRat

My favorite highlights....

KING: But he did quit his job over this, so obviously you...

P. RAMSEY: Because he was headed down a wrong path. He was at the point of no return. And his ego is the size of a barn, and he can't put it aside to try to find the murderer of this child.

THOMAS: Everybody is wrong, but Lou Smith.

P. RAMSEY: That's right. That's what it says in your -- everybody but Steve Thomas is wrong.

THOMAS: Everybody is wrong but Lou Smith -- the FBI, federal law enforcement, the FBI polygraphy unit, state law enforcement, the governor of Colorado, the police detective, the D.A.'s office.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/31/lkl.00.html

J. RAMSEY: No, you put that book out to line your pockets with money based on our tragedy.

THOMAS: No, that's not true. And as a matter of fact, I think you wrote a book as well and took money for that.

J. RAMSEY: It's going to charity.

Tell me what...

THOMAS: And I think you've also said it's going to a legal defense fund.

5. RiverRat

P. RAMSEY: What can you imagine? I can't imagine. I want to you look at me and tell me what you think happened.

THOMAS: Actually, I'll look you right in the eye. I think you're good for this. I think that's what the evidence suggests.

:flipper:

6. RiverRat

P. RAMSEY: Where am I supposed to have learned how to make this garrote?

THOMAS: John calls it a very skilled instrument of some sort. You admit, now, do you not, that it was your paintbrush that was used? Do you admit that?

P. RAMSEY: I don't know!

J. RAMSEY: Steve...

THOMAS: No, I care. Let her answer the question, John.

P. RAMSEY: The perpetrator was in our home. He had access... THOMAS: Your paintbrush...

P. RAMSEY: He had access...

THOMAS: He forgot -- the kidnapper who forgot his ransom note. The kidnapper who forget his pen and all his tools of the instruments.

KING: Steve, what do you think the perpetrator was doing there?

P. RAMSEY: You know what: This isn't -- we're not going to solve this tonight. And I refuse to have a Jerry Springer-type exchange with this man.

7. RiverRat

P. RAMSEY: It was an evil, evil...

KING: What was the guy doing?

P. RAMSEY: ... man.

KING: Why did the intruder do this?

J. RAMSEY: It was an evil, evil person.

P. RAMSEY: I don't know, but when we find out, God willing, we'll know.

:nsf:

8. RiverRat

THOMAS: ... did you spend at the Boulder Police Department since this murder?

P. RAMSEY: Let's don't get back to that. We still haven't heard the scenario, Steve.

:hypno:

THOMAS: How -- to this day, as we sit here -- as we sit here tonight, how much time in the last four years have you spent in the Boulder Police Department with the detectives working this case?

P. RAMSEY: I don't know, but I'll tell you that much.

THOMAS: It's zero.

9. RiverRat

THOMAS: It's June 1st tomorrow. When are you going to be at the police department?

J. RAMSEY: Steve, you're not...

P. RAMSEY: You're not in charge.

J. RAMSEY: It's not up to you. You're not in charge.

:yow:
    We ALL know that it is up to John........
    RR

10. RiverRat

J. RAMSEY: Do you have a pet?

THOMAS: I do, and if I could respond...

J. RAMSEY: If that pet ever -- and pets do this -- wet on the floor, would you kill it?

THOMAS: I know how much I love my pet, my dad, my wife.

J. RAMSEY: Would you kill it, Steve?

THOMAS: And if somebody killed my dog, I would be at the sheriff's department, the police department, every day. J. RAMSEY: But would you kill your dog...

THOMAS: ... until I found out who came in my house, wrote a phony ransom note and killed my dog.

:curtsey:

11. RiverRat

THOMAS: Let me ask you this. It's interesting. You brought out my book. In your book, you talk about sponsoring -- or legislation bringing the FBI into any child...

J. RAMSEY: Bringing a federal agency...

THOMAS: Larry, let me finish my question.

KING: (UNINTELLIGIBLE) federal agency.

THOMAS: Well, who do you want, the Border Patrol?

J. RAMSEY: I would like an agency that knows more about child crimes than you did.

THOMAS: I think, John -- and if you'd let me finish the question, you have said you want federal law enforcement brought into crimes where a child has been killed. But in this case, you don't want them brought in because they're part of this great vast conspiracy.

12. RiverRat

KING: Well, we've made a leap forward here, if they all sit down. You've got to agree with that?

THOMAS: Well, absolutely. But the Bible also says, without confession, there is no forgiveness.

Patsy, do you think...

J. RAMSEY: It doesn't say that.

THOMAS: It doesn't?

J. RAMSEY: Christ did not ask for repentance when he forgave his executers.

THOMAS: Without confession, there is no forgiveness. Do you think that God will forgive the person that did this?

P. RAMSEY: That's up to that person and God.

J. RAMSEY: That's up to God.

:violin:

13. RiverRat

KING: It's a strange, letter, isn't it?

THOMAS: Absolutely. It is an absolutely bizarre letter, that the writer knew so much about this family, using Patsy's tablet, a pen from within the home, and...

P. RAMSEY: They did not use JonBenet's name.

THOMAS: He or she certainly did not. I don't know what your point is with that.

KING: They may not have known the name of the child.

THOMAS: Well, certainly knew that the dog wasn't home, that the alarm wasn't on, that John had this remarkably coincidental bonus of $118,000. Good Southern common-sense. The chance of this being some random intruder...

(CROSSTALK)

P. RAMSEY: I don't think it's random.

THOMAS: ... one question document examiner said are infinitesimal.

:yes:

14. RiverRat

Just for Candy.......

KING: Did the Boulder Police screw up?

THOMAS: Unquestionably, and I don't pull any punches in the book. I don't try to defend the Boulder Police Department. I show it for what it was, warts and all, not just on the first day, but mistakes were made throughout the continuation of the investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0004/14/lkl.00.html

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Ah, a Ramsey lies re-run. Hats off to you, RR.

Speaking of hats, they lie at the drop of a hat.

Not to mention, something else I found interesting in this TV Springer-like exchange.... Keep reading.

16. koldkase

More lies and evasions....

But the best is yet to come.... Read on.

17. koldkase

hahaha GREAT catch, RR! You're cooking with gas now, baby!

18. RiverRat

My pleasure!

Here's Alex Hunter stumbling with the question we have all asked:

KING: I mean, you've got to -- apparently now it looks like a perfect murder, right, a perfect crime?

HUNTER: You know, I don't think any of us working this case think it's perfect. We just don't think it's perfect. And Larry, the point is that a lot of cases get solved after three years, after four years...

KING: They do?

HUNTER: ... after five years. Although the perception of the American public is that these -- to speak generally -- that they get solved in an hour.

KING: "Law and Order" takes an hour. Greta Van Susteren, who was on our show -- you saw her on Tuesday night -- called in with a couple of questions. I'll relay them to you.

Under Colorado law, is it possible that a grand jury could indict and a prosecutor not file?

HUNTER: Yes, because there has to be -- there has to be joint action. So the prosecutor's to sign off.

KING: So you have to...

(CROSSTALK)

HUNTER: But you know, I'm not going -- and Greta knows this -- I'm not going to talk about what the grand jury did or didn't do.

KING: No, the question was only...

HUNTER: Yes.

KING: ... is it possible that they could indict and a district attorney says, it's not -- despite the fact...

HUNTER: The district attorney has got to sign it.

KING: Just as a judge could throw a case out.

HUNTER: Right.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/30/lkl.00.html

19. koldkase

And the CLIMAX! How beautiful. There's John and Patsy, proving they've thought about this "forgiveness without confession," haven't they?

3 years after their child was brutally murdered in their own home...John and Patsy are making a case on national TV that it's not necessary to confess your crime for God to forgive you!

How special is that?

We rest our case.

20. koldkase

You betcha' Hot Tubby Hunter ain't gonna' tell what the Grand Jury did or didn't do. Not unless Haddon asks him.... Oh, wait, he already did.... BEFORE the Grand Jury finished, I bet....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice